Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Who Is The Best Stepover King Of All Times In Football? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is The Best Stepover King Of All Times In Football? (2080 Views)

Most Attractive Muscular Women Of All Times / Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player / Yobo And Obafemi Martins Picture With The King Of Elegushi And Iwo Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Stepover King Of All Times In Football? by GeeString: 3:06pm On Dec 14, 2017
I've been wondering and I have narrowed my own candidates to just two.

Ronaldo De Lima & Robinho.

De Lima's stepovers are much more effective - he mostly gets past players & or scores with his. He doesn't waste it.

Robinho's is just a beauty to watch. Very fast, slick & precise. He actually runs with stepovers. His football was built around stepovers and he uses it to devastating effect also.

Ronaldinho himself admitted that when it comes to stepovers, Robinho is wayy better than him as he prefers free-styling.

Let's be realistic, CR7's stepover game has diminished since he joined Madrid. His stepover days were in Man Utd & 4 years isn't enough to rank him high when players like De Lima were still doing it in retirement in Brazil.

Denilson had superior stepover technique to all the above mentioned, he just wasn't as effective. He mostly did it needlessly even when his team was losing badly.

Anyway, just enjoy the video & I would love to hear opinions from true football fans out there too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6yCjIIiRvQ

(1) (Reply)

Borno State Referee Grema Mohammed Sets FIFA Record / Get Fix Matches / AFROBASKET2017 Q/final: CIV 43-98 Nigeria (D'tigress)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.