Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Why It’s Insane To Pay For The Channels You Watch - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why It’s Insane To Pay For The Channels You Watch (714 Views)

What Movie Did You Watch Today? / How To Choose The Dstv Package That Contains Dstv Channels You Need / Check Out Channels You Can Watch The #bbnaija Live Show Broadcast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It’s Insane To Pay For The Channels You Watch by AjalaJ(m): 3:14pm On Dec 14, 2017
Google, Facebook, YouTube, Wikipedia, etc, and local TV stations are free because some pay for them. Advertisers.

They let you use their platforms free, and they get rewarded by paid adverts.

If you need to pay for an online service, then you shouldn’t be harassed by adverts you don’t solicit for.

The premise is simply, use something free and get adverts pushed at you.

Pay for it, and use it free of any adverts. This is one thing that has contributed to the popularity of Wikipedia and WhatsApp. Even when WhatsApp is finally monetized, you may choose to continue using it free and get ads, or pay for it and not get ads. The same is true of an email service like Gmail.

I met a highly intelligent man who doesn’t pay for GoTV, CONSAT, DAARSAT, StarTimes, etc. He told me: “Guy. I can’t pay money to watch TV channels. That’s mad. That’s insane, men.”

I thought about it for a long time, and realized that the intelligent man is clean correct,”

We pay monthly subscription for, say, DsTV and GoTV, and they advertise to us via many channels on the decoders. Even anytime you press your remote control to see current programs titles, you see adverts. If you’re scrolling through channels, you see adverts on the list. Even those who pay to put their private channels there also advertise.

The reality: WE’VE BEEN DUPED INTON PAYING TO WATCH ADVERTS. This is a big-time rip-off.

When we pay for what we watch, then why should they still advertise to us on those channels (collecting money from advertisers as well)? Rather they should let us pay for decoders and watch those channels free, since they bombard us with too many ads.

Some shalloww-sensed individuals may not see the logic in this – just as they don’t see any stupidity in wasting your money on callerz/rinback tunez you don’t don’t hear. Highly educated people can be so naïve.

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller: www..com.ng
Re: Why It’s Insane To Pay For The Channels You Watch by Kseafresh: 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2017
hmmm.. this one touch me
Re: Why It’s Insane To Pay For The Channels You Watch by Babaflenjor: 6:05pm On Dec 14, 2017
Hmmm this is very serious oo
Re: Why It’s Insane To Pay For The Channels You Watch by ituglobal(m): 4:51am On Dec 15, 2017
This is really a rip-off. You pay money to watch adverts.
Re: Why It’s Insane To Pay For The Channels You Watch by Simeony007(m): 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2017
It's all true Bro, but how do we solve this?

Makes me remember the story "Who will bell the Cat?"
Re: Why It’s Insane To Pay For The Channels You Watch by jade912: 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2017
sharemovies.net alway free
Re: Why It’s Insane To Pay For The Channels You Watch by tafrica(m): 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2017
Lalasticlala, Isn't this FP worthy?

OP's submission is logically correct, I agree with him.
Re: Why It’s Insane To Pay For The Channels You Watch by symbianDON(m): 7:03am On Dec 16, 2017
makes perfect sense....that's why you have many top notch stations broadcasting as FTA.

(1) (Reply)

BBNAIJA: Miracle May Not Win The Prize... / I Can Do World-Class Jingles & Voiceovers For You !!! / Legacies Season 1 Episode 5 _genius

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.