Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,584 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Give Muslim Sisters Their Right - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Give Muslim Sisters Their Right (7136 Views)

Muslim Women Are Reformists, And Not Sextoys - Sisters’ Circle Of Muslim Student / Let Us Help Our Single Muslim Sisters!!! / Dear Muslim Sisters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by Lukgaf(m): 7:01am On Dec 15, 2017
A Muslim lady, Amasa Firdaus, who graduated from University of Ilorin and Nigerian Law School Abuja campus was barred from entering the ICC for the Call to Bar because she refused to remove her Hijab in defiance to the archaic and repugnant tradition and she was not called to Bar either.

This is the right time to put this archaic tradition viz a vis the Fundamental Human Rights to test. Justice must be seen to be done. This is a clarion call to all concerned stakeholders to rise to action and lend their supports for this movement. Hijab is not a threat to legal profession, Hijab is a fundamental right. How can we pretend to recognize Freedom of Religion as a right and take it away way with the other hand?

Section 38 of the constitution provides for right to freedom of religion as follows:
. (1) Every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, including freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom (either alone or in community with others, and in public or in private) to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching, PRACTICE and OBSERVANCE. (emphasis mine)

Assuming but not conceding that she was not discriminated against, insisting she removed her Hijab in order to gain entrance to the Hall which ultimately stopped her from being admitted to Bar is a clear infraction on her right to freedom of religion as provided under the above section and remedy can be sought in a court of law.

Also, there is a difference between law and tradition, with my little knowledge of law, I am confident to say that there is no LAW that clearly provides that during call to bar, women cannot cover their head. It is rather a practice or a tradition which should have outlived its usefulness.

If we all Muslims cannot stand for the truth to demand for Justice for Firdaus, Allah will ask us on the D-day

7 Likes

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by sorextee(m): 7:29am On Dec 15, 2017
Why dont we start with u guys warning ur sisters in d north to stop strapping bombs under their hijab and detonate it in a crowded place.

When u guys are done adressing the issue above, then we find a solution to this present one. cheesy

Who will blame d security agents?? With d way the security situation is in d country u still dey wear hijab go crowded place. Una can find trouble ehn, and una sabi claim victim..

That was how a lady in lagos state wore that ninja cloth to an interview. And she even said she knows someone there. She say the person she knows, she called her name. Out of curiosity, the woman removed d lady's ninja cloth. She started crying that her rights were violated.. Which rights? In dis century, u still dey wear nicab go interview..

If person wear ninja cloth call my name, na race I go pick first.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by Afam4eva(m): 10:11am On Dec 15, 2017
There's a freedom of religion which is already guaranteed as people are practicing their religions in the country without any form of noticeable molestation. However, what is not guaranteed is the attempt by some people to bring their religious etiquette to counter existing laws and modus operandi.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by DaBillionnaire: 10:13am On Dec 15, 2017
U
Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by Hashimyussufamao(m): 10:14am On Dec 15, 2017
sorextee:
Why dont we start with u guys warning ur sisters in d north to stop strapping bombs under their hijab and detonate it in a crowded place.

You sound naive, OK Bokoharam also transport bombs with cars, then why don't we ban the usage of cars? #don't be silly!!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by ivolt: 10:14am On Dec 15, 2017
Nigeria is a secular which guarantees freedom of religion.
There is no right to impose your religion on others.

Organizations are not mandated to change their rules to
accommodate your religious practices.
Your religion is private and must stay so.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by Xisnin(m): 10:15am On Dec 15, 2017
Why do these people like to bastardise every system to suit their whims?

Almost everywhere in the world, they are in the habit of bending the system
because they think they are special and are better than everyone else.
If you don't want to play by the rules, do not enter the game.

I am expecting this headline next week:
Heads to roll if hijab is not allowed in law school- MURIC

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by blingxx(m): 10:16am On Dec 15, 2017
Space booked
Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by princeade86(m): 10:16am On Dec 15, 2017
buh u shud knw d law and what attached to it. U are a law student 4 dat mata.

7 Likes

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by exlinklodge: 10:17am On Dec 15, 2017
hmmm
Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by maykam(m): 10:17am On Dec 15, 2017
sorextee:

When u guys are done adressing the issue above, then we find a solution to this present one. cheesy

Who will blame d security agents?? With d way the security situation is in d country u still dey wear hijab go crowded place. Una can find trouble ehn, and una sabi claim victim..

That was how a lady in lagos state wore that ninja cloth to an interview. And she even said she knows someone there. She say the person she knows, she called her name. Out of curiosity, the woman removed d lady's ninja cloth. She started crying that her rights were violated.. Which rights? In dis century, u still dey wear nicab go interview..

hypocritically myopic! why should I blame you for the nonsense you've typed above? and what do you know about Islam and Muslims? What tenant of the Qur'an do you understand? do you also rely on the wrapped interpretation of the cherry pucked verses?

Can you answer all those I've asked you? if you can't, then don't quote me afterwards.
Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by Hashimyussufamao(m): 10:18am On Dec 15, 2017
Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 15, 2017
cry babies. hijab is a tradition of the arabs/middle east pple. law profession and bar are not islamic, she shud go study sharia or islamic law. mtcheeew. Nuns get called to bar and do away with their dressing, but muslims na to dey cry like baby. mtcheeew

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by chukslawrence(m): 10:25am On Dec 15, 2017
hmmm

1 Like

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by STARKACE(m): 10:54am On Dec 15, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
You sound naive, OK Bokoharam also transport bombs with cars, then why don't we ban the usage of cars? #don't be silly!!
great response
Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by Edemaya: 11:02am On Dec 15, 2017
MrDude:
Islam is like HIV - HIV is the virus. It lies dormant for some time. Not everyone with HIV show the symptom of the diseases AIDS. Just like the so called 'moderate Muslims'. They believe in Islam, the Quran and Mohammad and the Islamic hell. But they reinterpret Islam in a way to be peaceful and live lives like normal human beings. Like in the case of HIV to AIDS not anymore different from moderates Muslims to radicals. There's always the potential that the so called moderates will get the full blow diseases AIDS in this case get radicalised - Radical Muslims are only truly following Islam to the letter. Hate the infidel - kill them, beheaded them, cut off their finger, rape their women, marry and phuck their female toddlers (as seen In the north of Nigeria and the middle east) Islam has no defence against logic and reason. It's only defence is threats and violence. Even here on nairaland you cannot comment on a Muslim thread like this one unless you swore allegiance to Mohammad. That's why just like HIV, Ebola or any other deadly virus it has to be eradicated off the face of the earth.

Like your forefathers have been trying to eradicate it. Don't you think you are failure in this??

Yeye!! wink wink

4 Likes

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by MrDude: 11:05am On Dec 15, 2017
Edemaya:

Like your forefathers have been trying to eradicate it. Don't you think you are failure in this??

Yeye!! wink wink

I don't talk to terrorists angry

20 Likes

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by personal59: 11:06am On Dec 15, 2017
Allah aid is sought

Tohib Adejumo wrote:

Reflections on the Nigerian Christian

Years ago, I was a junior secondary school pupil of Government College, Ibadan. Early morning on assembly ground, I would watch
as Miss Jimoh or Mrs. Oyerinde, stand eyes closed in prayer, cane in hand, while concluding each prayer sentence with “in the name
of Jesus!” Young as I was during those years, there was something unsettling about their prayers.
You see, GCI had a rule, or so I had learned from old boys, that the school was secular in the sense that on assembly grounds
prayers favoring Christianity or Islam may not be made, but God can be used because of its neutrality to both religions. But these
teachers, wittingly or not, broke the rule, and it was okay. Many years later this praying style lends me a view to the Nigerian
Christian mind.
Lately, I have been thinking of my Nigerian Christian friends and their privilege (which most are unaware of its existence) in the
academic institutions and workplace. Many of our Nigerian Christian friends never had issues stemming from their conscience
conflicting with the system, so when a fellow Nigerian compatriot who is a Muslim say he or she has a conflict with the system,
they’re fast to think that the person is just being unnecessarily stubborn and being a cry-baby. Those Muslims are extremist
anyways.
But what the Nigerian Christian friend forget is the fact that even though both Muslims and Christians are full citizens of the country,
the system of the country had been designed primarily with the needs and accommodation of one person in mind – the Nigerian
Christian. Not the Muslim.
The British Imperialists who colonized us were Christians so every aspect of life touched by them was designed to naturally favor
their way of living which has Christianity at its center. This is not to say that there was a cynical attempt to make the systems
exclusively favor one religion over the other, because such an assertion would be ludicrous. They were just doing what came naturally
to them, and had Muslims colonized Nigeria, the same would have been true as well. So returning to the point, Sundays were no
school days, Christmas and New Year celebrations fell wholly in holiday seasons, and there was nothing prohibiting the use of crucifix
in schools.
You will remember that most of the public schools were once missionary schools. In Ibadan, we have Saint Annes Girls School, Saint
Teresa, Baptist High School, Methodist High School, and many more. This again buttresses the point that everything is in favor of the
Nigerian Christian student. He never has to worry about his Sunday church service conflicting with WAEC schedule as we have seen
in recent years for Muslim students, when the examination commission in a cavalier way set an exam time to conflict with the time
for Jumua service.
Nigeria has been independent for a while now (some 57 years) and I do think the recent public debates on the violations of Nigerian
citizens’ constitutional rights to freedom of religious expression should call the Nigerian Christian student to a somber reflection of
his or her own privilege. The Nigerian Christian should understand that she is called freely to the bar without any buts or ifs because
of the privilege that comes with being Christian in Nigeria. She should therefore rise and hold the hand of the Nigerian Muslim woman
and demand that she too must be called to the bar with no ifs and buts.
She should understand that putting a scarf on one’s head as required by one’s faith should have no bearings on once admission to
nursing school at all. He should know that, just like shaving the beard clean is of no consequence to one’s office job, keeping it
should equally be inconsequential.
In short, the Nigerian Christian must look into the privilege his religion affords him in this country of ours, and make sure that other
Nigerians be afforded similar rights and privileges. No one should have to choose between identifying as a Christian, and being a
journalist. I think you and I will agree on this.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 15, 2017
Muslims should obey the laws of the Land. stop playing the victim card all the time.

7 Likes

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by amodu(m): 11:11am On Dec 15, 2017
sorextee:

I learnt recently that NEC approved the withdrawal of $1b from the Excess Crude Account to tackle the insurgency in the North East. The same amount of money was borrowed two years ago by the GEJ administration while $2b meant for this same menace was released to Sambo Dasuki.

The huge sums quoted above have been said to be used for the purchase of equipment, procuring intelligence and logistics and all things required to ensure that we finally put an end to the scourge of insurgency.

My point and concern exactly is that what is the essence of all the huge funds if at that we still fail to detect a bomb carrier except we deprive and disenfranchise a follower of her creator's injunction?

Cocaines are smuggled in luggage in time past, in stomach at some point but at no point in time were travelers deprived the right to carry luggage to their destinations or to come to the airport with no stomach but rather they purchased scanner machines and increased intelligence to curtail it.

Don't be myopic, hypocritical and sentimental.

I guess there is a reason for the gift of brain, use it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by amodu(m): 11:22am On Dec 15, 2017
Afam4eva:
There's a freedom of religion which is already guaranteed as people are practicing their religions in the country without any form of noticeable molestation. However, what is not guaranteed is the attempt by some people to bring their religious etiquette to counter existing laws and modus operandi.

Perhaps you lack the understanding and requisite knowledge that the same law stipulates freedom of following the tenets of your religion regardless of the sector.

Subsection (1) of section 38 of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (2011 as amended), it provides as follows:

"Every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought, conscience and religion...and IN PUBLIC or IN PRIVATE) to MANIFEST AND PROPAGATE his RELIGION or BELIEF in worship, teaching, PRACTICE and OBSERVANCE"

1 Like

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by ImaIma1(f): 11:34am On Dec 15, 2017
Studying law should be haram for her. She should have studied Islamic studies so that she can as well wrap herself as a mummy.

12 Likes

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by amodu(m): 11:35am On Dec 15, 2017
MrDude:
Islam and chaos are like 5 and 6. Two sides of the same coin. She has to obey and respect the ethics of the Law profession else bomb making is always a viable option for every Muslims moderate or not.

Arguing with a Muslim is like playing chess with a pigeon, it knocks the pieces over, shits on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory.

Isn't it stunning that you followed to the letter the payment of baseless, bottomless, groundless, neckless, leg less tithes to your pastors and expecting Muslims not adhere to a solid base, foundation, significant injunction conspicuously written in our manual and holy book

6 Likes

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by MrDude: 11:44am On Dec 15, 2017
amodu:

Isn't it stunning that you followed to the letter the payment of baseless, bottomless, groundless, neckless, leg less tithes to your pastors and expecting Muslims not adhere to a solid base, foundation, significant injunction conspicuously written in our manual and holy book

Quran an holy book? Little wonder why Boko Haram are so un[b]holy[/b] after all they follow the Quran to the T. Well add playboy magazine to that "holy book" tag as well. grin

7 Likes

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by amodu(m): 11:48am On Dec 15, 2017
Ezechinwa:
Muslims should obey the laws of the Land. stop playing the victim card all the time.

Obey the law of man at the expense of the law of God

Reason logically, I believe you possesses the reasoning organ

1 Like

Re: Give Muslim Sisters Their Right by amodu(m): 11:55am On Dec 15, 2017
MrDude:

Quran an holy book? Little wonder why Boko Haram are so un[b]holy[/b] after all they follow the Quran to the T. Well add playboy magazine to that "holy book" tag as well. grin

I believe you should be more concerned about the day light robbery perpetrated by your robbers so called pastors using the Holy Bible as their arm which qualifies them as armed robbers.

Let me open our eyes to the popular Malachi 3:10, that very controversial verse our Pastors use to cajole us to part with our money, but regretfully not used for worthy causes but to fuel their own selfishness and love of worldly pleasures.

Malachi 3:10
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

The third word here is what I want to refer us to, "whole". In which context is whole used in English language? When something many is gathered together. This tells us that the tithe being referred to in this verse is the ones that have been gathered together, that is, the ones people have paid (in our own case) to the Pastors. So, from this we can see that it is the Pastors that are collecting tithes but refuse to bring the whole (not part, not some, not most, but the whole, everything) into the storehouse that are robbing God, not you that have used your tithe to settle the hospital bill of your poor neighbour who has been detained for 2 weeks for not being able to pay her child delivery bills.

Do you want to become an accomplice in this robbery

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fatal Error Of Allah / Network Marketing in Islam / How To Dress For Salat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.