Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola (2164 Views)

Nigerian Man Calls Out Fashola For Giving FG Credit Of Private Funded Road Proj / Budget Defence: FG Suspends International Travels For Cabinet Members, Others / Pro-buhari Senators Walk Out Over Election Sequence Reordering Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by RipplesNigeria: 9:55am On Dec 15, 2017
The Senate committee on Power, Steel Development and Metallurgy, on Thursday, turned back the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, over his alleged “unpreparedness to face the committee for his 2018 budget defence.”

The Enyinnaya Abaribe-led committee‎ said Fashola was not prepared to face members. He claimed that the Minister did not come with necessary documentations to present to members.

The Senator said the committee should have been furnished with necessary documentations to enable members peruse over them, while the defence is ongoing.‎ Abaribe later said Fashola had communicated that he was prepared to appear before the committee and would be accommodated on Monday.

‎‎This is coming as Senators picked holes in the N10 billion solar power projects for nine universities across various states of the Federation.

On the expenditure of N10 billion on solar project, Senators wondered why the Rural Electrification Agency (REA) would plan to spend a whopping N10 billion to provide solar street light for nine universities.

The REA Managing Director, Mrs. Damilola Ogunbiyi, had in her defence of 2018 budget of the agency listed “Rural Electrification Access Progamme in Federal Universities” with a cost profile of N10,148,146,829.00, as one of the projects of the agency for 2018 fiscal year.

The purpose for the over N10 billion expenditure did not go down well with members of the committee, particularly when the power sector had been privatised. The REA boss told the committee that they are working in nine federal universities to upgrade electricity supply in the institutions.

Full details: https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/budget-defence-senators-walk-out-fashola1/
Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by Khodorkovsky(m): 9:57am On Dec 15, 2017
this country Ehn.
Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by Oblitz(m): 10:02am On Dec 15, 2017
Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by awillabo: 10:06am On Dec 15, 2017
Khodorkovsky:
this country Ehn.

I just weak
Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 15, 2017
Nigeria Jaga jaga
Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by bakynes(m): 10:19am On Dec 15, 2017
Better to split this country along Ethnic lines, we can never be united because Tribalism is the order of the day in this country.

Abaribe has always shown his hate for Fashola, I could remember the televised Minister screening by the Senate, he was the one who raised the issue of Bore-hore.

SE caucas also opposed the Lagos Special status bill.

Now he is the one heading the committee on Power, so no real development will come.

1 Like

Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 15, 2017
bakynes:
Better to split this country along Ethnic lines, we can never be united because Tribalism is the order of the day in this country.

Abaribe has always shown his hate for Fashola, I could remember the televised Minister screening by the Senate, he was the one who raised the issue of Bore-hore.

Now he is the one heading the committee on Power, so no real development will come.
exactly man you nail it my thoughts too....dah man hate fashola with passion why?cos he is the best man for the job but hate and beef wont let them say the truth....all the best for Baba fashola sha

1 Like

Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 15, 2017
Amazing...I see politics playing out strongly grin

1 Like

Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by bakynes(m): 10:38am On Dec 15, 2017
olagbola55:
exactly man you nail it my thoughts too....dah man hate fashola with passion why?cos he is the best man for the job but hate and beef wont let them say the truth....all the best for Baba fashola sha
The country can never work at all, Abaribe trying to discredit anything Fashola does, Saraki should remove that idiot from that committee.

1 Like

Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by baralatie(m): 10:46am On Dec 15, 2017
senate does not need to go this route nah
Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by ZorGBUooeh: 10:49am On Dec 15, 2017
Good! Bounce that heartless devil he should come next time pepared..The wicked man over bill people ad he refused to make prepaid meter available to the masses..PUNK

3 Likes

Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by Secur: 10:50am On Dec 15, 2017
Ha
Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by ZorGBUooeh: 10:53am On Dec 15, 2017
olagbola55:
Nail wetin?Nigerians hate that clueless heartless minister making life hard for the masses tru over billing angry

4 Likes

Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by ZorGBUooeh: 11:02am On Dec 15, 2017
bakynes:

You are guilty of the same tribalism you are accusing others of..Triblism begets tribalism

6 Likes

Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by koladebrainiac(m): 11:05am On Dec 15, 2017
they allow grudges with the executive to cloud their better Judgement all the time.

they forgot res[pect is not earned when you showing how powerful you are to someone .

1 Like

Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by greatyemmy: 11:09am On Dec 15, 2017
please where has Fashola overbill Nigerians the truth is he has made electricity cheaper i.e before fashola u pay 750naira monthly service charge whether you have light or not thats 9000naira annually now i will buy 4,000 monthly like i buy before and if it doesn't finish nobody will collect money from me for the months that i didnt buy another one. The question should be why is it that distribution company cant supply meters to their customers if the privatisation was properly done and how will the light be stable because people that dont have money to supply common meters wont have money to buy transformers

2 Likes

Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by bakynes(m): 11:11am On Dec 15, 2017
ZorGBUooeh:
Good! Bounce that heartless devil he should come next time pepared..The wicked man over bill people ad he refused to make prepaid meter available to the masses..PUNK
Mumu is he d one billing you? Or is he the one incharged of distributing Pre-paid meters?. This illiterate doesn't know all these is the doing of his Distribution company or you think it is Fashola that controls them.

1 Like

Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by Kokolet11: 11:12am On Dec 15, 2017
bakynes:

did you even read before tying this nonsense?

1 Like

Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by Kokolet11: 11:16am On Dec 15, 2017
bakynes:

The country can never work at all, Abaribe trying to discredit anything Fashola does, Saraki should remove that idiot from that committee.
remove him because he was doing his job?10b for just 9 university?this is not lagos.

1 Like

Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 15, 2017
ZorGBUooeh:

Nail wetin?Nigerians hate that clueless heartless minister making life hard for the masses tru over billing >sad
see them children of hate...pls did they always bath you south east with water of hate,drink water of eat and food?I don't even understand u again....anything hate hate hate y nah?
Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 15, 2017
Kokolet11:
remove him because he was doing his job?10b for just 9 university?this is not lagos.
not Lagos but the fact is just that abaribe hate him
Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by RZArecta(m): 11:22am On Dec 15, 2017
Fashola wants to bring his criminal agbero lifestyle from Lagos to a national level but kolewerk. How can you come before senators to defend your budget yet you're not prepared ? I see some foóls supporting the thief just because he's an APC man. cool

Ps; DSS go deal with una online opposition people next year

1 Like

Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by bakynes(m): 11:25am On Dec 15, 2017
Kokolet11:
Did he do his own findings from another Contractor to know the figure is too much. If you don't know Solar energy is expensive.
Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by osazeeblue01: 11:27am On Dec 15, 2017
This Fashola is always having problems with the senators/reps when defending his budget.
Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by Kokolet11: 11:27am On Dec 15, 2017
olagbola55:
hate him? When he came unprepared abi?I doubt if you read the news before typing this nonsense.
Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by Kokolet11: 11:28am On Dec 15, 2017
olagbola55:
hate him? When he came unprepared abi?I doubt if you read the news before typing this nonsense
Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by Kokolet11: 11:29am On Dec 15, 2017
olagbola55:
hate him? When he came unprepared abi?I doubt if you read the news before typing this nonsense.
Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 15, 2017
Kokolet11:
hate him? When he came unprepared abi?I doubt if you read the news before typing this nonsense
no need to answer you again cos I know south east people are gullible and born of hate
Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by Branzy(m): 11:31am On Dec 15, 2017
olagbola55:

funny thing both men are alumni of uniben.
Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by Kokolet11: 11:31am On Dec 15, 2017
olagbola55:
no need to answer you again cos I know south east people are gullible and born of hate
go and tell that to awo
Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by Kokolet11: 11:33am On Dec 15, 2017
bakynes:

Did he do his own findings from another Contractor to know the figure is too much. If you don't know Solar energy is expensive.
what stops him from coming with all his documents?
Re: BUDGET DEFENCE: Senators Walk Out Fashola by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 15, 2017
Kokolet11:
go and tell that to awo
the man that is greater than your political fore father,father and future....meanwhile don't just the man with ur stinking smelling ruff mouth#grow up and stop the hate and find something reasonable to do with ur life

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Sit-at-home Flops In Imo / Just In: Acting IG Orders Immediate Re-organization Of F-SARS, Not Disbandment / Atiku Shed Tears After Afenifere, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Others Endorsement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.