Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? (2267 Views)

700 People Die In Iran After Drinking Alcohol To Cure Coronavirus / Nairobi Governor Gives Out Alcohol To ‘kill’ Coronavirus / HELP! Bad Breath Is Ruining My Social Life! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by BigSarah(f): 8:14am On Dec 17, 2017
RavenClaw:
I also suffer from anxiety and nervousness. Especially around the opposite sex. I once smoked cigarette mixed with a little codeine. It seemed to help me. And when I smoked two sticks of cigarettes it also helped. I do drink a little at home once in a while.

And right now I am not addicted to codeine, cigarettes nor alcohol.

No drugs just vodka for me
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by Mabpaine(m): 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2017
BigSarah:
I'm 18, and I've been suffering from This For As Long As I can remember, I've never really had the opportunity to interact with other people since I was Homeschooled and Attended A HomeChurch(dont ask) , basically my Life Circle Is my Family. But it's weird that I'm the only one in the family with this issue.
This is my 3rd Year in The University and This Disorder has Hindered Me From Living optimally. I can't Make 3 steps in a room where at least 2family members aren't present, without wetting myself like I was Bathed (a little exaggeration).
Some guys think I'm giving them a green light ,
when I smile anxiously undecided Even when I make deliveries.
I'm basically not Living Like A Normal Individual Should, I'm Done With being an Introvert.
If I take Chocolate Vodka Everyday In a Week, will that Harm me like Kidney and Addictions?
About 30ml of Vodka Everyday or 50ml Max!.
Or is there a specific Alcohol Type that can Aid With This cry...
I've Tried Everything else, writing A Journal, pin pointing Weak points and all that Google Stuff, Alcohol Is the only Option Left.
I Just Don't want to Be That Bitch ,That smiles at Everything...
So Hit me With Tips Please
have a similar ish buh sleeping does it for me now. Take alcohol once in a while but sleep more often. And practice yoga or take time to meditate. Will help you a lot
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by BigSarah(f): 3:58pm On Dec 17, 2017
Mabpaine:
have a similar ish buh sleeping does it for me now. Take alcohol once in a while but sleep more often. And practice yoga or take time to meditate. Will help you a lot

Yoga and meditation didn't work, I sleep alot cos I don't go anywhere, alcohol is my only option
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 10, 2018
BigSarah:

No drugs just vodka for me

It actually worked to numb the anxiety considerably for me a couple of days ago. I couldn't sit still again, was just pacing, sweaty palms, and mind filled to the brim.

However, i don't know if you stretch yours with soft drinks or juice but you could do that to make it not have an adverse effect on you if you take it regularly. I finished two bottles in two days and you can imagine what that would mean if i take it straight or get addicted to it.

Btw, do you have a favorite brand? I am looking for a mint flavor.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by emperorzillion: 1:42am On Jan 12, 2018
BigSarah:
I'm 18, and I've been suffering from This For As Long As I can remember, I've never really had the opportunity to interact with other people since I was Homeschooled and Attended A HomeChurch(dont ask) , basically my Life Circle Is my Family. But it's weird that I'm the only one in the family with this issue.
This is my 3rd Year in The University and This Disorder has Hindered Me From Living optimally. I can't Make 3 steps in a room where at least 2family members aren't present, without wetting myself like I was Bathed (a little exaggeration).
Some guys think I'm giving them a green light ,
when I smile anxiously undecided Even when I make deliveries.
I'm basically not Living Like A Normal Individual Should, I'm Done With being an Introvert.
If I take Chocolate Vodka Everyday In a Week, will that Harm me like Kidney and Addictions?
About 30ml of Vodka Everyday or 50ml Max!.
Or is there a specific Alcohol Type that can Aid With This cry...
I've Tried Everything else, writing A Journal, pin pointing Weak points and all that Google Stuff, Alcohol Is the only Option Left.
I Just Don't want to Be That Bitch ,That smiles at Everything...
So Hit me With Tips Please
coolcool

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by BigSarah(f): 8:39am On Jan 12, 2018
emperorzillion:
Bigsarah I went through your post and through the comments here, a lot said u should stay away from alcohol, someone said u should try clubbing, someone said u should go more spiritual but i got to realise in every of ur replies to what they ask u to do, you have actually tried them and they never worked for u when u did...

Firstly I want to tell u it's not something u can get over by just a piece of advice honestly, it would keep coming in and acting on ur psychological status..

Truth be told , My younger sister and one of my female cousins had the same experience you talking about and they got over it in a little time than they ever thought...

I told them the major things to be doing everytime they were outdoors and told them to keep updating me with every of their day to day activities whenever they were doing the things I told them about...

That was serving as a guide to know where the disorder thing is still coming up to act on their psychological state and that was how I was able to put them through and as of today, they are doing so good and they still wonders how they both got over it in a little while..

@BigSarah send me a pm to communicate better with u so as to put u through on everything u need to know about why everything u had tried doing wasn't stopping the disorder and I would guide u in ur day to day activities by putting u tru on applying the things you need to ur day to day activities...

To be honest with you, I bet you had come back to tell everyone here you had gotten over it in a very little time and it's not as serious as you thought..

#GodBless

Yikes seems rigorous
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by emperorzillion: 8:46am On Jan 12, 2018
BigSarah:

Yikes seems rigorous
why..
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by BigSarah(f): 12:21pm On Jan 12, 2018
emperorzillion:
why..

I've to be online or call you frequently and also try to use your pointers
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by emperorzillion: 12:45pm On Jan 12, 2018
BigSarah:

I've to be online or call you frequently and also try to use your pointers
coolcool

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by tartar9(m): 7:05pm On Jan 12, 2018
From what I've read,I don't think you have social anxiety disorder.It is much more incapacitating

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 15, 2018
BigSarah:

I'm pretty spiritual, I'm even part of certain evangelism team, but anxiety doesn't kick in then,
A Psychologist and Therapist I've engaged myself with one before but wasn't a Physical Session, Online Web call, but that didn't help much

How does the evangelism part above explain the fact that you are on a steady sex diet with your boyfriend.

What do you preach during the evangelism biko?
Re: Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? by BigSarah(f): 12:29am On Apr 15, 2018
AllforJesus7:

How does the evangelism part above explain the fact that you are on a steady sex diet with your boyfriend.

What do you preach during the evangelism biko?

Self righteous imp

(1) (2) (Reply)

Consult Nigerian Doctors Online / Natural Remedy Of Appendix / Help, Sore Throat (belubelu) Is Killing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.