Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,927 members, 7,863,273 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:10 PM

Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed (21978 Views)

Many Killed In Anambra Nightclub Shootings / Farmers & Fulani Herdsmen Clash In Bassa Kogi, Many Killed (Graphic Photos!!) / Many Killed In Kasuwan Magani, Kaduna As Mayhem Breaks Out (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Blue3k(m): 10:24am On Dec 16, 2017
martino97:

1. a man who is barely able to feed his family cannot afford a mining licence. It is not cheap.

2. Licences would be awarded a few companies for the entire area, leaving several people without the rights to mine in the area.

Hence my proposal for the mining company to employ as many as they can.
Since you are so smart, apart from arresting thousands of illegal miners, with children to feed, and put them out of business, what do you propose?

1. Thousands of people were employed there and they opperated ten years and you claim it's too expensive.

2. Start a mining cooperative them everyone benefits simple. The government offers small scale license and stuff for coperprtives. All this with low interest funding for machinery.

Your proposal means nothing. Do you have skin in game to employ people you don't need. Do you know the companies margins.

Thousands of miners have been operating at the site for more than 10 years.

2 Likes

Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by martino97: 11:46am On Dec 16, 2017
Blue3k:

1. Thousands of people were employed there and they opperated ten years and you claim it's too expensive.

2. Start a mining cooperative them everyone benefits simple. The government offers small scale license and stuff for coperprtives. All this with low interest funding for machinery.

Your proposal means nothing. Do you have skin in game to employ people you don't need. Do you know the companies margins.

My proposal means nothing and yours means everything...."Employ as many as they can" is simple English. If you understood it, you wouldn't ask if I knew the companies' planned margins.
If you own a business, you would know what it means to locate your office close to your assets to avoid extra costs associated with logistics. I'm a bit disappointed you didn't consider that extra costs when HQs and refineries are cited far from the oil fields...They're still making profits, you stated.
I have read most of your comments on this thread. You seem to be happy with the police killing people for reasons avoidable.
So go on killing the locals until you've chased everyone out of the location. Next start your mining business without the locals, then tell us how well you fared few years from now.

Lastly, if you can, stop using demeaning words on fellow nairalanders. It doesn't make you clever.
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Blue3k(m): 12:08pm On Dec 16, 2017
martino97:

My proposal means nothing and yours means everything...."Employ as many as they can" is simple English. If you understood it, you wouldn't ask if I knew the companies' planned margins.

If you own a business, you would know what it means to locate your office close to your assets to avoid extra costs associated with logistics. I'm a bit disappointed you didn't consider that extra costs when HQs and refineries are cited far from the oil fields...They're still making profits, you stated.
I have read most of your comments on this thread. You seem to be happy with the police killing people for reasons avoidable.
So go on killing the locals until you've chased everyone out of the location. Next start your mining business without the locals, then tell us how well you fared few years from now.

Lastly, if you can, stop using demeaning words on fellow nairalanders. It doesn't make you clever.

More long winded dribble who told you they wanted to hire these guys. What money do they have to add a bunch of people they didn't plan to hire. Next why would the want to hires bunch of criminals that trespass on their site and have violent altercations with police. The companies can hire who ever they want when the see fit.

You HQ argument neglects fact your violent youth were kidnapping and causing trouble. They also left because Lagos in general offered then better business environment. The oil refineries located to SW becsuse the ND militants blow up pipelines periodically. That's why Dangote refinery don't even get oil via ships. They are making profits or they would be in business if your in doubt check their quarterly earnings.

Your argument is nonsensical ramblings. The miners attacked police after they had 48hr warning. They set fire to property. One police officer went missing over incident and your telling me the death wasn't justified when mob going crazy.

Today, the Dangote Refinery can process a wide range of crudes, such as all the African crudes including those of Algeria, Libya, Angola, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, the U.S. crudes, Arab Light, etc[b]. Since we are not dependent on Nigerian crude, we are not prone to the risk of the Niger Delta disturbance. We do not use pipelines; rather, we use ships.[/b] We use Single Point Mooring Buoys (SPMs) for offloadingthe crude and loading the products.

Ps: they could have done same thing in ND but the piracy their would probably effect ships. They pirates their like kidnapping those oil ships.

1 Like

Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Mccullum: 1:03pm On Dec 16, 2017
Ikwokrikwo:
Yet none of the people mining human skulls in the South wåste have been killed.

Is it because they are mainly Yoruba Muslims?

Buhari is stylishly punishing Taraba Christians for dealing with his herdsmen.

Go to psychiatric hospital.
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by emezuo17: 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2017
Can't we make our contributions without all these tribal vituperations, this politics section is becoming something else
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by naijacentric(m): 7:22am On Dec 27, 2017
Ikwokrikwo:

E pain the Yoruba muslim
everybody dat counters u guys is a yoruba am sorry for u idiot
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Cnach: 3:38pm On Aug 07, 2021
hall21:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6381235_untitledf_jpeg270be0234f9fe5ee3431cf309767674d
Ibos still have tribal marks but not that rough design that some people do. Theirs are always very fanciful and beautiful. U can notice it if u walk closer.
As a half Ibo I have mine, which can't show on pictures but through critical observation
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by jahsharon: 4:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ikwokrikwo:
Yet none of the people mining human skulls in the South wåste have been killed.

Is it because they are mainly Yoruba Muslims?

Buhari is stylishly punishing Taraba Christians for dealing with his herdsmen.

This is how chronic madness starts.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In-Laws Beat Man To Death In Ondo For Maltreating His Wife / Man Steals Neighbour’s ATM Cards, Withdraws N2m / We Use "Banga" As Guns During Operation — Robbery Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.