Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria (14284 Views)

Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace / An All-Female Pilot Crew Crashed The U.S Navy Spy Plane In The Sea (Photos) / The Ethiopian Airlines All Female Crew Who Flew From Addis Ababa To Lagos (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by PDPGuy: 7:47am On Dec 16, 2017
Ethiopian Airlines has announced its first all-female crew flight to Nigeria.

The airline said women would be expected to fill every role on the flight, from the pilots and cabin crew to in flight ramp operations as well as flight dispatchers on the ground.

According to the airline, this will also be the first time it will be operating an all-women flight in Africa and is expected to leave for Lagos from Addis Ababa on the 16th of December, with some selected Nigerian journalists on board.

The airline quoted the pilot, Capt. Amsale Gualu, as saying during an earlier all-female operated flight to Bangkok from Addis Ababa, “This flight shows us that if women get equal opportunities and work hard, I’m sure they can achieve whatever they want in all fields including the aviation industry.”

The all-female crew, which also has Tigist Kibret as first officer, will be flying the Boeing 777.

The airline said, “In a country where few women have dared to enter the highly male-dominated profession of piloting, Capt. Amsale Guale in 2010 became the first Ethiopian female captain by flying an Ethiopian Airlines Bombardier from Addis Ababa to Gondar.

“We want to promote women’s empowerment and encourage more African women to pursue aviation career. Although one-third of our employees are women, the figure is smaller when it comes to positions such as pilots and technicians.”

The airline stated that as the first Skytrax 4 star airline in Africa, the largest and fastest growing, it is currently implementing a 15-year strategic plan called Vision 2025 that will see it become the leading aviation group in Africa with seven business centres such as Ethiopian Domestic and Regional Airline; Ethiopian International Passenger Airline; Ethiopian Cargo; Ethiopian MRO; Ethiopian Aviation Academy; Ethiopian In-flight Catering Services; and Ethiopian Ground Service.

“Ethiopian is a multi-award winning airline registering an average growth of 25 per cent in the past seven years,” the airline added.
http://punchng.com/ethiopian-airlines-inaugurates-all-female-crew-flight-to-nigeria/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by AmoryBlacq: 8:24am On Dec 16, 2017
Why should this be celebrated and made news?

The airline said, “In a country where few women have
dared to enter the highly male-dominated profession

implying, having few women in that profession is no fault of anyone save the women who refused to be daring!

Flip the coin, if these were men would we be reading this?

my point, gender equality is a mirage!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by charleff512(m): 10:11pm On Dec 16, 2017
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by NothingDoMe: 3:20am On Dec 17, 2017
Na PMS and heartbreak dey fear me pass for this matter. shocked

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by PDPGuy: 4:58am On Dec 17, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Na PMS and heartbreak dey fear me pass this matter. shocked
shocked

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by salford1: 8:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
na wao. Nigeria does not even have a national carrier, yet Ethiopia is showing off am all female crew. Would love to be an that flight.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by bikerboy1(m): 9:30pm On Dec 17, 2017
The day I will fly Ethiopian Airlines,may it not be all female crew please.

I beg please. To avoid stories that touch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by PDPGuy: 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
salford1:
na wao. Nigeria does not even have a national carrier, yet Ethiopia is showing off am all female crew. Would love to be an that flight.

Me too

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by Bantino(m): 10:00am On Dec 18, 2017
I have nothing to say.

THE CIRCLE

Ifeoma posts a photo of herself on Facebook. A hundred men commented, all flattering her. She ignores their compliments and silently hopes that she'll get a notification informing her that Bayo has commented on her photo.

Bayo is on the phone, trying desperately to get through to Funmi ... his love. He has called her fifteen times already, but she has not answered. His heart pounds. He needs to hear her voice, like a crack addict and his substance.

Funmi is in Musa’s house, doing the dishes. She intentionally ignores Bayo’s calls. She doesn't want to deal with the drama of lying about her location.

Musa is at the ATM. He has to transfer funds to Zainab. She had asked him for money to buy a new phone. He had promised to send it that afternoon. He can't afford to look bad before his crush. He told Funmi he had to get something from his boss, so he left her at his place.

Zainab is on the phone with Uche. She's trying to calm him down. He told her he needed some money to complete his little brother's hospital bill. She is assuring him that she'll get some money shortly, and send it to him. She was waiting for Musa to transfer the money.

Uche's palms are sweaty. His heart is racing. His mind is clouded with thoughts. How could he not have used protection, he thought to himself. He has to send the money to Ekaette so she could go ahead and have the abortion. He just got off the phone with Zainab, and she promised to send the money shortly.

Ekaette is slipping into depression. She is sitting in the hospital restroom staring at the poison she's holding. Her wedding is in a week. Now she's pregnant for another man. She understands her church will have to run a pregnancy test in a few days. Her fiancé had not touched her in months. How could she explain her way out of this mess.

She thinks of Sule, her fiancé. Then she thinks of her mother, and her head almost explodes from pain. Uche has to send the money or she'll end her life, she thought to herself.

It has been five minutes since Sule wrote "My beautiful princess. Looking astonishingly beautiful" on Ifeoma’s photo on Facebook.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by chloride6: 10:01am On Dec 18, 2017
The ones here are busy fighting for the right to cover their hair in place where every other person left his/her religion at home.

Their marabouts and emirs up North are busy canvassing for the Nigerian Army to stop enrolling female cadets...

Dont be suprised, they passed a law allowing you to marry and impregnate 13 year old girl.

[url]https://oblongmedia.net/2016/03/04/confirmed-nigeria-has-the-highest-prevalence-rate-of-vesico-vaginal-fistula-vvf-in-the-world/
[/url]

Highest in VVF worldwide

Fear North sad sad sad

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by davodyguy: 10:01am On Dec 18, 2017
Those Ethiopians can fine like tomorrow no day.

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by Teewhy2: 10:01am On Dec 18, 2017
Good one, make we even get our own airline working first before thinking of men/women crew members.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by dayleke: 10:01am On Dec 18, 2017
Did I hear you say Ethiopian Airlines?

O ti goes niyen o....
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by VictorAJ(m): 10:02am On Dec 18, 2017
Way to go.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by SageTravels: 10:02am On Dec 18, 2017
The Number 1 Airline in Africa

5 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by chibike69: 10:02am On Dec 18, 2017
so na Nigeria una use test first

may thunder fall on top of una
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by simplyOJ(m): 10:03am On Dec 18, 2017
Very impressive. I kept wondering why a Nation as big as Nigeria still cannot yet operate a very successful National Air Carrier.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by Rityonyi(f): 10:03am On Dec 18, 2017
yay! I love it!!

Gone are the days when women depend on men on virtually everything, we are hard working too.

Please Buhari need to hear gist like these so he will understand we have grown past the days women were only entitled to "the other room".

kudos to all the hard working women who work with their brain and hands minus those that spread their legs to get every penny the have and make men think its all we can offer and thus see us as tools for "the other room".

8 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by Flexy2vybes(m): 10:03am On Dec 18, 2017
Diz is gud

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by kennieG(m): 10:03am On Dec 18, 2017
Ethiopia has beautiful women. Facts#

5 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by dokunbam(m): 10:04am On Dec 18, 2017
Nice concept.

More male customers
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by castrol180(m): 10:04am On Dec 18, 2017
Should this be a news
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 10:04am On Dec 18, 2017
are these Ethiopian people mad?

Imagine how fishy that plane will smell with all the female crew members.....

by opening this thread i can smell progesterone all over this thread already!
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by Austinoiz(m): 10:05am On Dec 18, 2017
Congrats to them

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 18, 2017
This is worth celebrating!
This milestone happened the same week one mannerless girl caused a stir over hijab.
God bless the crew!

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by shammah1(m): 10:05am On Dec 18, 2017
I like that
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by FakoMaybach1: 10:06am On Dec 18, 2017
All female crew; like that is something special...na me tell women to fail geography and physics for una country.

Abeg me i am salivating on their sexy and beautiful air hostess, those girls were procured from Aphrodite herself, they are so fine!!!
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 18, 2017
Me right now looking at Ethiopian airways online booking website:

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by wildchild1: 10:07am On Dec 18, 2017
Good

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION... Promo is on
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by wazobiang: 10:08am On Dec 18, 2017
Yep, inspiring women.
See Nigeria Celebrating Ethiopian women who threw a beastly contraption that we probably don't have the capacity to buy - mind we have the money - from Addis Ababa to Lagos. See Nigerians proud of a female that wanted to colour law with religion - God help non believers she will judge tomorrow. I also wonder what she thought they meant when they say that the law/justice is blind. Ok, well, blind to religion is one of them and other etcs are too.

Nigeria, be celebrating your confused females and other country's amazons. Do not encourage your females, encourage and celebrate other country's females. Only talk about gender sensitivity when you want to give loan, job and contract to your sisters, wives and relations.

Nigeria e!... just continue

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by Pidginwhisper: 10:08am On Dec 18, 2017
shocked
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria by favourmic(m): 10:09am On Dec 18, 2017
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Denmark Greencard. / Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April / Eid-el-fitr: Aregbesola Provides Free Train Ride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.