Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Our Islamic Sister Must Wear Hijab - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Islamic Sister Must Wear Hijab (370 Views)

"I Dumped Islam After Escaping To US And I Will Never Wear Hijab Again" / If You Must Wear That Wedding Gown / Fulani Women In Hijab Join Lord's Chosen Members For Crusade In Kwara. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Islamic Sister Must Wear Hijab by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 16, 2017
Watching David Starkey - a renown historian, give a subtle breakdown of the close-mindedness of Islam made me unveil, as it were, my innate inhibitions.

David Starkey attributed most of Islam's growth, believe it or not, to open-mindedness. From the Ottoman empire to the Roman empire to whatnot. They were largely ready for dialogue especially when put in confrontation with a people's pre-existing ideologies and cultures.

However, the breakout of sects - like the Sunnis and Shias made several Islamic scholars push for the abrogation of the Quran. And so it was, that this new motivation gave yield to a very close-brained set of individuals who hold little or no significance to the socio-cultural advancement of the 21st century.

Nigeria is a secular state.

By implication, whatever beliefs - cultural or religious you hold is subservient to the Laws of the Government and by extension, laid down principles and guidelines of an institution.

I daresay, the lady in question is a shame to the legal profession. Showing above all things, an absolute disregard to whatever she learnt for 5 years. She should be jailed or fined, in my opinion, for intentionally flouting rules.

Now this is where hypocrisy comes in.

Mention one Muslim majority country who is welcoming to other faith's beliefs. Don't go far, take a look at Egypt and the plight of Coptic Christians. You don't see anyone burning flags or raising uproars?

This closed-mindedness should stop.

I'm grateful for the stance of the crown Prince of Saudi Arabia who has declared severally his intention of seeking for a moderate Islam. Imagine a country where allowing women to drive a car is news! Or unbanning cinemas after 35 years is news! Most of these Islamists are not willing to live in any Muslim-majority country. Still not seen any of them rush to collect visas to Yemen or Indonesia.

Instead of crying victimization and looking to cast aspersions on laid down rules, why not remove that piece of cloth for 2 hours! Or isn't your faith first registered in your heart before it is showcased to the world?

Just as the Saudi Arabian crown prince has stated, I hope other uncrowned princes and princesses would follow suit in due time and quell this malady that has bedeviled us in recent times.
Re: Our Islamic Sister Must Wear Hijab by purem(m): 12:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
Wearing hijab to cover ya dirty secrets undecided
Re: Our Islamic Sister Must Wear Hijab by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 16, 2017
The issue will cause confusion if not handled properly. Should hijab be allowed during swearing of lawyers, nuns, idol worshippers e.t.c will agitate for theirs too. No one should say they don't wear it all the time because what is good to obi is also good to Osas. That lady can't handle legal matter without emotions.

(1) (Reply)

Your Mind And Its Sugars / CAN And Christianity In Nigeria / What Is The Lord's Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.