Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,618 members, 7,827,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu (15652 Views)

Buhari Extends Tenure Of Service Chiefs / Onnoghen Conviction: Lawyer Fears Over The Tenure Of Governors, Lawmakers / Buhari Extends Tenure Of Defence, Service Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by jaychubi: 6:07pm On Dec 16, 2017
angry
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by agabusta: 6:07pm On Dec 16, 2017
Six years is too long.

If they want to enshrine single term, then 5 years seems more reasonable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by thunderbabs: 6:07pm On Dec 16, 2017
Will you keep kwayeeet!!!! shocked Kai, wonder wht hell nigerians will go thru with a president like buhari for 6 full years shocked
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by medolab90(m): 6:07pm On Dec 16, 2017
Give them 4 years 6 years 8 years that doesn't mean they will perform
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by kings09(m): 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2017
yanshDoctor:
only a party can rotate the presidency. in APC for example there is nothing like rotating in the six political zones. only the PDP has the rotating policy that why the party was in crisis in 2015.

tinubu aim was to use buhari to get to the presidency. reasons he wanted to control the Herm's of affair like presidency and senate, and to give Lagos high statues o get funds bonuses he can steal but his calculation was poorly done.

i see crisis in APC in 2019. and i see monies been shared to buy aggrieved members supports.
That has started with d withdrawal of $1billion. Anoda withdrawal will be made soon. Abi i lie? Madridguy, python1, deomelo, seunmsg cheesy
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by Edoblakky(m): 6:13pm On Dec 16, 2017
This man was elected to make laws and here he is telling us nonsense. If he's sure of what he's saying, then where is the bill to that effect that he has sponsored? These guys in the NASS are our major problem. All they do is tell us what they should be doing while they remain inactive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by eph12(m): 6:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
Never!!! So they know they have nothing to fight for once they get there because they are not coming back? Nice try fools

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by GavelSlam: 6:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
Silly idea.

Tell him legislators should be the first batch to try it and hear what his response would be.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by natasha: 6:17pm On Dec 16, 2017
How can you compare Nigeria and Mexico Is mexico a nation to emulate for godsake?

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by Angrymode: 6:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
Geez! This man is wicked. Imagine having to bear someone like Bubu for 6 hellish years shocked
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by Chukazu: 6:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
biacan:
If you can't prove yourself within the period of four years please forget it

He is talking of single term.
By the the end of four years, they usually go for a second term (am yet to see a politician who refuses a second term offer,and if given the slightest opportunity like Obasanjo,they would go for a third term) and of course with Power of incumbency ,they always return.

A sitting leader in Nigeria wields so much power to the disadvantage of an opposition, that is why they always win a second term.so what we have is actually eight years in essence.
So Currently our four years is actually 8 years of waste.

I would even advocate a "five years" single term

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by NCP: 6:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
For more than a decade, you and PDP were in govt and you never thought it wise to present your ElDorado Tenure to the Pro-IPOB led PDP Legislooters.

Dis DSP sef, nawa ooh..

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
Good idea! i think buhari should stay for six years, in which by the time he leaves the price of dollar will be 3000 naira to 1 dollar, and SARS would have murdered half of the country, maybe then nigerians will realise that electing buhari was a bad idea grin
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by Bluffly: 6:19pm On Dec 16, 2017
Agimor:
Can you imagine six years of unbearable suffering under Buhari if it has been put to law. Four years is idea because with that one can access your performance and take a better decision. 2019 is the bus stop for Buhari and his cohorts whose likeness for embezzling is legendary.
I support 6 year single tenure, as you have one opportunity to either write a good or bad story.
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by Raph45: 6:19pm On Dec 16, 2017
I love that, really the youth has seen hell what we need is jorb not political programs
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by Bluffly: 6:19pm On Dec 16, 2017
natasha:
How can you compare Nigeria and Mexico Is mexico a nation to emulate for godsake?

I tire o
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by Chukazu: 6:20pm On Dec 16, 2017
natasha:

In what sense ?

Mexico is a better country than Nigeria
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by Agimor(m): 6:25pm On Dec 16, 2017
Bluffly:

I support 6 year single tenure, as you have one opportunity to either write a good or bad story.
What if the person perform extremely well during the six year tenure?
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by seunmsg(m): 6:30pm On Dec 16, 2017
Considering Nigeria's political history of serious ethnic rivalry and suspicion, I will gladly support a single term rotational presidency between the North and South.
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by gideonvalor98(m): 6:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
Kiakia:
Good one from Ekweremadu. His postulation is the only way out of the myriad of problems facing the country.
1. Single tenure of six years.
2. Rotational Presidency.
3. Devolution of powers.
4. Restructuring.

This is it!
seconded but in the order 4,3,2,1 but before this ,I think corruption should be reduced to the bearest minimum,the constitution should be totally reviewed,we as people should change our mindset,the masses should have more power(education of the constitution and awareness of their rights).
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by Smarkie: 6:38pm On Dec 16, 2017
6,4 or 8 years term dosent turn a politician with evil motive good over night .what we need is to restructure the country in a way that they ll find it difficult loot our collective treasure
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by Martin0(m): 6:57pm On Dec 16, 2017
gypsey:
Good idea! i think buhari should stay for six years, in which by the time he leaves the price of dollar will be 3000 naira to 1 dollar, and SARS would have murdered half of the country, maybe then nigerians will realise that electing buhari was a bad idea grin

gringringrin nor let SARS come gbege u oogrin
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by bigpicture001: 7:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
I tire oo..as for those rooting for ekwerenmadu's opinion...what are you guyz more interested in..? a gud policy that will be implemented and transform the nation obviously takes more than four years OR to satisfy political balance where presidency rotates faster even if there is nothing to show for it..u ppl shld answer me biko
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by Grundig: 7:35pm On Dec 16, 2017
Oga ekweremadu, abeg, you and your colleagues should make it easier to recall elected officials.

An elected Nigerian president or governor does not need any time frame to impact or loot the fortunes of his people.

Simply make it easier to recall you and your colleagues.
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by zynzyn(m): 7:47pm On Dec 16, 2017
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by zynzyn(m): 7:56pm On Dec 16, 2017
Agimor:
What if the person perform extremely well during the six year tenure?

MY OPINION: He can come back ONLY AFTER another person has served 6 years, and he must win 80% in his party primaries to be qualified 2nd time around!
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 16, 2017
Ekweremadu is simply looking for a way to get SE presidency (for himself) soonest. He should focus his effort on restructuring and devolution in which case nobody will care where the president comes from or how long he is in power.
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 16, 2017
wickyyolo:
Imagine having Buhari as President for 6years grin

you wont have to imagine
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 16, 2017
Agimor:
Can you imagine six years of unbearable suffering under Buhari if it has been put to law. Four years is idea because with that one can access your performance and take a better decision. 2019 is the bus stop for Buhari and his cohorts whose likeness for embezzling is legendary.

A president can pretend for the first 4 years and then show their true color in the second term.
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 16, 2017
sirequity:

http://headline.com.ng/nigeria-needs-single-presidency-tenure-six-years-ekweremadu/

Lala, they stole billions in 4 years, in 6 years time 8 states will go missing off the map of Nigeria due to theft.
Re: Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu by TEYA: 8:27pm On Dec 16, 2017
Agimor:
You think what you are saying is wise, it is when an evil man wins a second term that you will know. How well do you even think your vote counts?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Reject VAT 7.5% Increment, Warn FG / Gov. Ugwuanyi Inspects Ongoing Work At Enugu Unity Park / Aso Villa Crises Mirror Nigeria’s Broken State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.