Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World (4670 Views)

Major Oil Rich Cities Around The World- PICTURES / How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel / 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by UrennaNkoli(f): 12:34am On Dec 17, 2017
From Peckham to Abbeywood to Brixton, kent road etc, I must confess Nigerians have really messed up this city. I have been around london in the past days and to God who made me, I never expected the Nigerian Population to be this much. I was in total shock. Nigerians boku here no be small. Its here you'll hear mama toyosi shouting on top of her voice early in the morning telling her kids to get ready for school even speaking youruba like "ton ba bi yin da e malo we" ( If they born you well don't go and have your bath) . Its here you'll meet a supposedly black English man and he'll ask yoi "bawo ni, ilu wo ni naija lo ti wa" . I noticed the yoruba's generally form the majority of Nigerians in London then the Igbos, then other tribes. I've met some hausa too tho. Met some at a trade fair displaying kaftan and fula. shocked. Nigerians are generally not difficult to spot. You'll easily find them talking at the top of their voice in restaurants usually in their native language, you'll easily find them eating in the streets while walking. You'll even find them in the streets fighting and exchanging blows, raining insults on eachother like they are in oshodi. Oh did I tell you of a next building neighbor who wakes the whole neighborhood every morning with beats from pasuma and sunny ade? The cops even showed up one time to ask whether all was well. Here, you'll feel like you are in lagos. I even heard its worse in the USA with places like baltimore , maryland. Nigerians nor dey try at all. At least if you can't behave yourself in your own country, try to be sensible in another man's land.

14 Likes

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by tripoli007(m): 12:41am On Dec 17, 2017
How does any of this affect you .. Why can't we learn to mind our business. Why not face the reason why you are in the UK

24 Likes

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by MrDude: 12:47am On Dec 17, 2017
Interesting... grin
Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by Oluwasaeon(m): 12:53am On Dec 17, 2017
tripoli007:
How does any of this affect you .. Why can't we learn to mind our business. Why not face the reason why you are in the UK
Oya mi lenu oo

5 Likes

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 17, 2017
At least we don't say "innit" in a Igbotic accent grin

4 Likes

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by MrDickman: 12:59am On Dec 17, 2017
Uk na nigerian backyard na. Nigerians don really colonize that place both legally and illegally.

4 Likes

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by Mission2prosper: 1:01am On Dec 17, 2017
Trust my Naija blood. Colonize the all uk. No time.

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by madridguy(m): 1:09am On Dec 17, 2017
We are like MTN shocked
Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by Nobody: 1:41am On Dec 17, 2017
Nigerians especially d Yoruba's own's London na dis is not new

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by NwaChibuzor: 10:35am On Dec 17, 2017
Urenna UK na very boring country with little or no place of interest. Till date i still no understand wetin Nigerians dey find go there. USA rules anyday any time. The life style is so different, people are more open and free unlike uk where people seem to be more reserved. I even prefer S.A to The U.K. Enjoy ur stay tho. lalasticlala

6 Likes

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by UrennaNkoli(f): 10:56am On Dec 17, 2017
tripoli007:
I can only laugh at your stupidity. Telling me to face the reason I'm here? You lack manners. You don't even know what brought me here so it will be best you keep quiet.

8 Likes

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:02am On Dec 17, 2017
Dreamwaker:
At least we don't say "innit" in a Igbotic accent grin
I'm not trying to be tribalistic but truth be told, just like you can argue Igbos run Asia and the USA. The yorubas run the UK (from the nigerian perspective). This place is Nigerians second home.

5 Likes

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 17, 2017
UrennaNkoli:

I'm not trying to be tribalistic but truth be told, just like you can argue Igbos run Asia and the USA. The yorubas run the UK (from the nigerian perspective). This place is Nigerians second home.

Maybe in South London but there are a handful of clubs and restaurants owned by Igbos in North London especially Tottenham.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by tripoli007(m): 10:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
UrennaNkoli:

I can only laugh at your stupidity. Telling me to face the reason I'm here? You lack manners. You don't even know what brought me here so it will be best you keep quiet.

If you also got any manners ,you will also respect peoples way of life . There host ain't complaining,most of them have there documents intact .so they can choose the way they live there life so long as they dont commit crime

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by MrDickman: 6:17am On Dec 18, 2017
NwaChibuzor:
Urenna UK na very boring country with little or no place of interest. Till date i still no understand wetin Nigerians dey find go there. USA rules anyday any time. The life style is so different, people are more open and free unlike uk where people seem to be more reserved. I even prefer S.A to The U.K. Enjoy ur stay tho. lalasticlala
true talk there. Uk na very boring country. USA is just a world on its own. Hot and freaky girls everywhere. They are very open and free minded.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by mofedamijo(m): 10:01pm On Dec 18, 2017
My dear its common when a particular set of people from a country stay in a particular area in a foriegn country,if u go to texas u find so many latinos,its normal u cant change that,there re parts of the u.k u find mostly indians too,same in south africa,how ever i will always maintain we be of good behavior,this re some of the reasons south africans,indians and other countries re angry with Nigerians,we need to keep it cool,u see Nigerians shouting inside the plane like their father owns it,Lets say flight from lagos to jburg,they shout n make silly noises n immediately we re about to land,they become quiet and start behaving like someone that cant talk,they will nearly prostrate to greet the officers at the airport,they start behaving,immediately they enter the city they start thier madness again,this gets thier host angry,how can u be shouting in a bank,on the road in a foreign land,immediately they start u see their host getting angry,we gat2 start behaving...........
N U.K can be boring i swear,same live,same routine for years,i can’t deal,i prefare cape town come rain come shine.....u.s is fun,every city is unique,different live,its like very city is a different country in u.s.

6 Likes

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by idu1(m): 6:38am On Dec 19, 2017
UK no be am jor.

Na Chelsea fc dey make me reason that place.

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by UrennaNkoli(f): 7:40am On Dec 19, 2017
idu1:
UK no be am jor.

Na Chelsea fc dey make me reason that place.
So u prefer that hell hole called naija to here? grin
Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by idu1(m): 11:11am On Dec 19, 2017
UrennaNkoli:

Naija ke....

Na USA sure pass o grin

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by Moety: 10:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
UrennaNkoli:
From Peckham to Abbeywood to Brixton, kent road etc, I must confess Nigerians have really messed up this city. I have been around london in the past days and to God who made me, I never expected the Nigerian Population to be this much. I was in total shock. Nigerians boku here no be small. Its here you'll hear mama toyosi shouting on top of her voice early in the morning telling her kids to get ready for school even speaking youruba like "ton ba bi yin da e malo we" ( If they born you well don't go and have your bath) . Its here you'll meet a supposedly black English man and he'll ask yoi "bawo ni, ilu wo ni naija lo ti wa" . I noticed the yoruba's generally form the majority of Nigerians in London then the Igbos, then other tribes. I've met some hausa too tho. Met some at a trade fair displaying kaftan and fula. shocked. Nigerians are generally not difficult to spot. You'll easily find them talking at the top of their voice in restaurants usually in their native language, you'll easily find them eating in the streets while walking. You'll even find them in the streets fighting and exchanging blows, raining insults on eachother like they are in oshodi. Oh did I tell you of a next building neighbor who wakes the whole neighborhood every morning with beats from pasuma and sunny ade? The cops even showed up one time to ask whether all was well. Here, you'll feel like you are in lagos. I even heard its worse in the USA with places like baltimore , maryland. Nigerians nor dey try at all. At least if you can't behave yourself in your own country, try to be sensible in another man's land.
Presidential Suya, Old Kent Road the place to be cool tongue wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by brenister10: 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2017
UrennaNkoli:

Don't mind the useless boy. I pray he receives sense in Jesus name
Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by NwaChibuzor13: 6:48am On Dec 21, 2017
UrennaNkoli:

Thats why we must fight for the liberation of Biafra.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by kachi19: 4:36pm On Feb 27, 2018
I have always loved the U.K to the U.S.A anytime anyday. Maybe because im weird. but Islington and Tottenham and Soho to me is Lit.

Go argue with Amadioha grin

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by ChiefAzubuike(f): 9:09pm On Sep 01, 2018
Nothing new... London na naija backyard.
Re: The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World by KingAzubuike(f): 6:57pm On Jun 28, 2020
Lol so true

(1) (Reply)

3 to 4 Countries: I Need A Travel Partner / 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention. / Republic Of Cyprus Island: The Sland Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.