Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Science Experiment: What's The Borderline Between Life And Death? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Science Experiment: What's The Borderline Between Life And Death? (487 Views)

Universe 25 Experiment / Some Architects And Death Traps Are Like 5&6. Check Out This Building. / Coronavirus: Experiment Gone Wrong? Two Wuhan Lab Leaks Exposed By Scientists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Science Experiment: What's The Borderline Between Life And Death? by loanky: 1:36am On Dec 17, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGicykmmGm8

At times the way we are stricken by death news of how our loved ones whom possibly we just interacted with some hours ago, or even minutes, or say seconds makes us wonder what exactly is in the middle between life and death? How clear is this borderline? What form or shape does it take? Is it abruptly sharp or just a blunt shady line that slowly dims into the domain of nonexistence?

So, I drowned some insects in this water and calculated the amount of time taken for them to become completely dead. According to the calculation it took an average of twenty seconds for three insects to become dead. I knew that when they stopped swimming helplessly in water. Then, I added another insect but...this time I allowed it drown, then removed it from the water two seconds before its death. But to my surprise after removing it from water and leaving it to rest for some time, it started walking around actively and vibrantly even though it was already at the last point of its death.

I'm surprised when we get death news we just take the doctors at their words. We don't seem to care to bother about the nature of this borderline. The way we feel comfortable about sudden death makes me go insane at times. If death were to happen suddenly and abruptly, I would be tempted to doubt the existence of time. Take for instance, you can't off the light and expect darkness instantly, right? It takes time for the transition between light and darkness. So I expect life to take time before ending otherwise this would somehow violate the law of relativity (when changes occur instantaneously at a rate that can be likened to be faster than light). If it actually takes time for life to end like in this insects experiment. I could say life is like a balloon that expands in response to external pressure (threat) and slowly deflates back to normal when the threat is removed. Or burst when the threat holding capacity of the life is exceeded.

If we have to get more understanding about life, I think we need to look into how the transition into nonexistence occurs. Perhaps, maybe we can get clue to how, possibly, it can be resuscitated. Could we even say death actually exists? We need to learn how to keep that balloon from getting burst. Don’t say I’m holding on to life.

Subscribe for more video like this: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1VPmtA0FOC3bB7jdAJNLEw?sub_confirmation=1

(1) (Reply)

Mike Adenuga's Glo Swims In Multiple Crises Over Sack Of 100 Married Staffers. + / Hp Envy 15, 2.4ghz Core I7, 16gb Ram, 1tb Hdd, 10gb Nvidia Graphics / China Debuted The First Artificial TV Presenter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.