Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:40 AM

Too Many Failures Of PHCN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Too Many Failures Of PHCN (534 Views)

Obasanjo: Atiku Associating Himself With Failures- Balarabe Musa / Dan Orbih, PDP And Their Many Failures In Edo / Nigeria Loses N15bn To Illegal Sale Of PHCN Assets – Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Too Many Failures Of PHCN by GLOBALINF: 10:31am On Dec 17, 2017
My growing up wasn’t that bad and as a child, I have hope of Better tomorrow, ok fine it was during the military era! I remember vividly how my parent will console us when the then NEPA took light and even assure us that things will soon get better.
Our hopes for light at that moment were the candles and the lantern that uses Kerosine!
My dad always have a strong reason why things are bad! He will tell us it’s because the military are in power so don’t expect anything good now! But again he assured me that when Nigeria eventually have a democratically elected president, things will fall back to place and in no time we will have constant power supply. I even remember him telling me that my children will never stay in darkness! Of course he was so optimistic cos then the likes of MKO Abiola was fighting for democracy and we are all expectant!
So sad Abiola never succeeded but hurry!!!! We still had our Democracy at last!
I will not forget the joy and expectations on that very day our very own Aremu Obasanjo took over the affairs of this nation as a democratically elected president! Yes it was 18 years ago! Hmmm just like yesterday! My dad was in Abuja making sure he plays his own part and as well making history as one of the participant the handing over from military to the much awaited democracy.
Like I said, it’s now 18 fu***ing years and we are still waiting and hoping we have that much awaited constant power supply!
I’m now a father, it breaks my heart when I see my very young daughter that could hardly speak hummm “up Nepa” when ever those creature manage to give us light!
My baby is just over a year but she now know where our generator is, and once those PHCN dude take off the electricity, you see Her pointing or sometimes dragging me to where the gen is cos she now knew we have to on the gen once’s there’s power failure!
I know soon she will ask me why is it that we don’t have constant power supply like other nations and I’m just wondering the kind of reply I will render.
I once asked my dad same question! years after Democracy, with all honesty he couldn’t even give a decent reply cos he knew I’m mature enough to understand and even have the answer to the question.
I watch this video clip and I saw the family laughing. Tears filled my eyes as of course they now see it as normal and we all have been living with it. You hardly go to anyone’s house even the poor and not find a generator. I have 2 generators at home, one in the office. There’s no day I don’t buy fuel minimum of a thousand Naira to fuel the gen.
I keep asking myself, how long will this continue,?
I have visited so many countries and I find out that countries that are not as rich as Nigeria boast of constant power supply! Where did we go wrong as a nation?
We pay so much for electricity we never enjoyed!!!
On average PHCN bill only my flat over 10,000naira monthly. We have be fighting for pre-paid meter even paid some staffs, yet they never installed it. I buy fuel worth 30,000naira monthly to power my gen. Totaling about 40,000 monthly which amounts to 480,000 yearly. Do we have countries that charged that much for electricity? If yes, I’m sure they will sue the hell out of their PHCN if they try cut their power supply! Just last week I travelled with my family for just 3days, on getting back, we have to trash all the stuffs in the refrigerator including the fresh chicken we bought before we traveled, simply because we didn’t have light for those days we weren’t around. Honestly it’s really sad.
So many things are going wrong by the day, police arresting innocent people, while the real corrupt ones are free, pastors scamming its church members( the church own is a topic for another day) etc
I have told myself i’m going to remain in this nation and partake in its development but the more I try the more frustrated one become. Yes one is making money in naija but what’s the use of your money when you can’t even enjoy it on basic needs.
I wouldn’t want my children to live the kind of life I lived growing up so I’m seriously looking out for a better Naija and come 2019. If things continue this way, we may have no choice than to relocate at least for the sake of my young folks growing up. No they deserve a better like just like every others around the world!
My take this sunday morning.......

Re: Too Many Failures Of PHCN by Nnamdiojukwu: 11:03am On Dec 17, 2017
My brother,if you ask me I will tell you that this people are criminals, the worst is AEDC,in minna they shared bills from the bills to us before we used light,the system has changed from paying the bills at the end of the month to pay before using.

They know what they are doing,hey collect the money every month and give us darkness, we are no longer paying for using light bug for seen light.

How long shall we continues like this,from the beginning of this month to date we have no see light yet,they were in our area on the 15th with their ladders, harassing people.

Thank God for few individuals like me that decides to speak against this criminality that is going on,tomorrow been Monday we are going on the streets of MINNA here NIGER state to register our anger for the second time,and we will take our protest seriously.

What kind of crime is this?
Re: Too Many Failures Of PHCN by Nutase: 11:30am On Dec 17, 2017
The fraudulent privatization only made issues worse for us and they only keep asking for increments because all they had on mind was to recoup there investment in a short while.

AEDC is the worst of them all. I have so many stories but lemme just leave it to God.

God will judge them.
Re: Too Many Failures Of PHCN by Ttalk: 11:34am On Dec 17, 2017
The distribution companies in Nigeria are nothing but criminals.
They would bring light 3.00 a.m
Tell what would I need electricity for at the midnight
They would snap it by 12noon when everyone has gone to work or School
Even on Sunday the story is the same, they'll bring it when majority has gone to church but take it just before the close of church so that people would not use light
I have called AEDC severally now they no longer pick my calls
Doing business and succeeding in this country is becoming a mirage. Travelling out of this frustrating country is daily appearing as the only option for youth
Re: Too Many Failures Of PHCN by meezynetwork(m): 11:51am On Dec 17, 2017
Nigeria is bleeped, period
Re: Too Many Failures Of PHCN by Ttalk: 6:44pm On Dec 17, 2017

(1) (Reply)

I Refuse To Wish President Buhari Happy Birthday For This / Buhari Promises More Investment In Health Sector / Nigeria Is A Disgrace ,,,see Proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.