Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,252 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue (29210 Views)

How To Get Your Staffs Hooked On Your Vision By Johnspeak Uwangue / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Business Lessons I Learnt From A Physically Challenged Man / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Business Lessons I Learnt From A Physically Challenged Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by kp3tech(m): 12:28pm On Dec 18, 2017
greypencils:
The major key to success in business or indeed any other endeavour in life is FOCUS. The reason a businessman would be successful is because he focuses on one thing only, business. He has burnt every other bridge behind him and has no other place to go. The formally educated might never take the kind of risks the informally educated business person would because his pysche still regards that certificate as an insurance. Such a person would have the mindset of 'If business doesnt bloom, i can always do a masters, do a PhD, i can always diverify' E.t.c, a lack of focus. Lets talk about music business, why are the likes of wizkid, Olamide, iceprince, tuface, dbanj successful as informally educated people? they dont have the ego associated with 'graduates'. Oh i cant do this on stage, oh i cant do that. They focus on one thing and one thing only till they are successful at it. Likewise is every kind of business, you FOCUS ON ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY TILL YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL AT IT.

Very true and apt.

Having just a BSc Health Science, Could be a distraction for an entrepreneur.

The road to business success at first is always humbling, bumpy and scary, So being employable and successful in school, opting out to go do Masters or getting employment will definitely kill focus.

But someone with no degree has no other choice, no other way out. He goes all in. He humbles himself through the penance because it is make or break.

He learn what is relevant, he Align and associate.. He never complains... And he is grateful for success.

4 Likes

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by LordKO(m): 12:31pm On Dec 18, 2017
Teacher don't teach me nonsense. Foremost, you failed to understand that education is different from schooling thereby erroneously concluding that a well-schooled person is automatically more educated than a less schooled person. I'll like to know the yardstick you used in arriving at such an abysmal conclusion.

Well, the most educated in any endeavour always outperform the less educated. Sustainable success remains the standard measure of intelligence in any cause of life. Well-schooled people at best have more information (not necessarily knowledge) about their course of study than an educated but less-schooled person. But they don't automatically have more knowledge than them in any other endeavour.

The reason why self and continuous educated people (people in this class comprises of both formally and informally educated) normally achieve greater successes than those who're only well-schooled is because the latter is conceit personification - they know everything but understand nothing.

Intelligence will always remain superior to brilliance, just as knowledge will always remain superior to information.

90 percent of people who're poor are so because they're conceited.

3 Likes

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Gwan2(m): 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2017
Kazim88:

We are not saying Education is a scam.

Rather am saying.

Nigeria Education system is a scam.

it need reforms..

Do a simple survey... pick 5 undergraduate students you know this holiday that are in their 3rs and 4th year, ask them this question...

"Have your school been able to impart (their respective course) into you?

Their answer No...

Nigeria University are all "DEGREE MILLS", You are there for just certificate, not to learn.

Like I said, Our educational system need reforms.
Another fallacy of composition "Nigerian education is a scam" no doubt Nigeria's educational sector need massive reforms.......I am product of Nigeria education presently undertaking my masters in the UK. If you can't see pass your nose, trust me, even education in developed climes will be a scam going by your assertion. The best way to massively harness the potential of formal education in you is to go study that innate passion, skills, talent or whatever you have a flare for....not just diving into formal educational setting, spend some useful period of your life studying or learning things that ain't relevant to the part of the world you reside and come shout education is a scam afterwards.

Book smart (in a chosen field) + A little Street smart traits = an unstoppable god

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Kazim88: 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2017
chloride6:
If you think OP is correct and you believe in his views, when you have your kids deprieve them of an education.

grin grin grin grin

May God bless my hustle, that I can afford to send my children to UK universities.

Nigerian (Federal and State) university was designed to cripple Nigeria by those exploiting us.

Show me one politician that is children is attending any of those university.

one?

Even when Buhari was just a farmer at Daura, all his children were studying abroad.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by dan2090: 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2017
chloride6:

At the age of 20!!!!

He went to school at a young age!!!

http://www.blackpast.org/gah/dangote-aliko-1957

Informative! read a different story from another source some time ago. Anyway, Thanks.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by booblacain(m): 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2017

I know some over educated folks here will say that you must solve problems before you can make profit, that's a lie because most rich people oftentimes buy what they don't need and do not feel remorseful about it because they have the money......

People who will buy your products or services are not in the book but on they streets. They are not robots or theories but are humans with needs

©Johnspeak Uwangue
Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach

You proved with the bolded that your first assertion is not completely right. You forget that the rich people are not in the streets.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Xisnin(m): 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2017
bughead:
education is a scam! angry

I regret furthering up to my master instead of to used that money to establish a long time ago!

I know were I would have reach undecided

My cert is there! useless if not for what I'm doing now which I should have done along time ago.

You should have dropped out from primary school to pursue your business
but the desire to belong forced you to continue.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Kazim88: 12:38pm On Dec 18, 2017
Gwan2:

Another fallacy of composition "Nigerian education is a scam" no doubt Nigeria's educational sector need massive reforms.......I am product of Nigeria education presently undertaking my masters in the UK. If you can't see pass your nose, trust me, even education in developed climes will be a scam going by your assertion. The best way to massively harness the potential of formal education in you is to go study that innate passion, skills, talent or whatever you have a flare for....not just diving into formal educational setting, spend some useful period of your life studying or learning things that ain't relevant to the part of the world you reside and come shout education is a scam afterwards.

You are doing masters in UK. not Nigeria.

Ignoramus.

With The extremity of the cost of the master with respect to that of Nigeria.

You choose UK.

Please, I pray thee, tell us the institution and course you are studying.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by bughead: 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2017
Xisnin:

You should have dropped out from primary school to pursue your business
but the desire to belong forced you to continue.
no one knows the future!

One may think if someone pursue further, the better his chance!

I know you are been sarcasm but put wisdom in it!

Thank!
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2017
Nice one mate
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by aril: 12:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
Jrevelation:
Its simple people that are not educated go into fetish thing like Juju oshole to boost the business and they will still be the first person you will see in the church to understand you will just be wondering how they do it

Dont be surprise na power of OSHOLE

What do you mean by not educated? How do you define someone who is educated..?
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by kp3tech(m): 12:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
LordKO:
Teacher don't teach me nonsense. Foremost, you failed to understand that education is different from schooling thereby erroneously concluding that a well-schooled person is automatically more educated than a less schooled person. I'll like to know the yardstick you used in arriving at such an abysmal conclusion.

Well, the most educated in any endeavour always outperform the less educated. Sustainable success remains the standard measure of intelligence in any cause of life.

The reason why self and continuous educated (people in this class comprises of both formally and informally educated) normally achieve greater successes than those who're only well-schooled is because the latter is conceit personified - they know everything but understand nothing.

Intelligence will always remain superior to brilliance, just as knowledge will always remain superior to information.

90 percent of people who're are so because they're conceited.

Powerful quote: "They know everything but understand nothing "

#True_Talk

1 Like

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Gwan2(m): 12:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
Kazim88:

You are doing masters in UK. not Nigeria.

Ignoramus.

With The extremity of the cost of the master with respect to that of Nigeria.

You choose UK.

Please, I pray thee, tell us the institution and course you are studying.
I don't owe you an obligation to answer those questions you raised as such, I will take them for rhetorical questions.
Secondly I brought what you tackled up because I wanted to let you know education anywhere can be a scam to anyone...depending of their life goals, tenacity and providence.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by princetom1(m): 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2017
bughead:
education is a scam! angry

I regret furthering up to my master instead of to used that money to establish a long time ago!

I know were I would have reach undecided

My cert is there! useless if not for what I'm doing now which I should have done along time ago.

Welcome
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by jakesbaba: 12:55pm On Dec 18, 2017
JohnspeakU:
Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful in Business

By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach)

You will be amazed at the number of Uneducated successful business men and women compared to the huge number of educated men and women who are struggling to build a little business like selling doughnuts or cake or event decoration.

Not everyone was or will be privileged to go through the four walls of a university but whether you are educated or not is not a guarantee that you will succeed in business. I know some people will say that education isn't all about going to the University, polytechnic or college of education, yes, but there are so many people who can't read or write properly but are doing well in business. Now, let me share with you just five reasons why most Uneducated business men and women are more successful than their educated Counterparts.

- They Strive More To Be Relevant

It's a well known fact that we live in a society where people believe that if you don't go to school you are are loser. As such, those not privileged to go to school who have ended up in business are striving more to succeed. The truth is, most educated people are too relaxed. They always feel that things should work for them easily because they have a first degree, master degree or a doctorate or PhD. While their Uneducated Counterparts are putting in more efforts in making sure that the society doesn't mock them, they are busy waiting for things to happen on their own terms.

- They Don't Want To Change The World

An average educated person's business idea is always about changing the world and making it better. While an uneducated business person is thinking of how to sell what people need and make profit from it, an educated business person is thinking of how to solve the world's problem. Truth be told, if we solve a problem today another one will still emerge tomorrow. So, stop thinking of how to solve problems and start thinking of how to make profit because business is all about making profit. I know some over educated folks here will say that you must solve problems before you can make profit, that's a lie because most rich people oftentimes buy what they don't need and do not feel remorseful about it because they have the money. It's just your ability to convince them to buy what you sell even if they need it or not.

- They Don't Over Analyze

Before most educated people act they always like to look at the four sides of the angle. They look at the advantages and disadvantages, read different theories on the issue and consult all types of books to back them up. In short, they over analyze and over think themselves out of opportunities. Most Uneducated people don't go through those stress and that's why they are always quicker to take hold of opportunities.

- They Are Street Smart

It's one thing to be book smart and another to be street smart. People who will buy your products or services are not in the book but on they streets. They are not robots or theories but are humans with needs. We should read books, attend seminars and conferences but we should sometimes put the books aside and see what's happening in the street. Most Uneducated business people spent most of their lives in the street where they've learnt how to survive irrespective of the environment and circumstances.

- They Easily Cry For Help

While most Uneducated Business owners are always quick to employ the services of educated professionals to work for them in order to achieve more, their educated Counterparts are busy accumulating more responsibilities to themselves in order to cut down cost. Most graduate business people always feel proud to attend some seminars, conferences or even read some books. They always feel they are intelligent and are graduates like you and as such you have nothing to teach them. These in turn affects their productivity because no matter the number of degrees you have or your grade, there is little you can accomplish alone.

Succeed You Must.

©Johnspeak Uwangue

Everything in this article is correct. Especially over analyzing. Sometimes I just want to dump the theories and face reality.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 18, 2017
LordKO:

First, I'll need you to reread the entire writeup and do a comparison of what you just wrote. Thanks
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 18, 2017
chloride6:

Even the business man can lose his business anytime.

A business simply creates a deeper illusion of security.

Yes, but before the owner loses his business hundreds of his employees would have lost theirs. Which means that the well being of hundreds of employees as well as their dependants lies in the hands of a single employer.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by SIRTee15: 1:10pm On Dec 18, 2017
I'm sure the writer's view of business is limited to buying and selling of basic n essential commodities i.e the informal retail sector.....
Because I wonder how someone will say u don't need education to be a successful entrepreneur.....
Nigeria retail sector is largely unorganized and semi-developed, thus the basic concept of commerce is sufficient to keep it going.....
Event at that, let's step up and bring in the likes of Walmart, Argos, buyspares, Morrison's and other retail giants.....
And see the difference between the informal and organised retail industry.....

And pls never u say u don't need to change the world to be a successful entrepreneur......
That's a statement borne out of ignorance.....
Entrepreneurship is all about meeting a need, proffering solution to a societal problem.....
Dangote became the richest man in Africa because he changed the face of cement industry in Nigeria, he's doing that with the petroleum industry right now and see as his wealth triples when he's done.....
Elumelu and co revolutionize the banking sector, they brought it out of doldrum, modernized it and see the result today......
Adenuga met the need of Nigerians as regards mobile telecommunications......
Bill gates and co ensured mobile technology is within the reach of common people.......
Bezo makes it easy n convenient for us to shop online right in our bedroom.....
Tesla is leading the revolution in electric cars.....
These are all business moguls and billionaires....

Pls what u should say is the useless Nigerian education system has turned out graduates that can't solve their own problems not to talk of the country....
Nigeria is bedevilled with myriad of problems and she's practically on her knees begging for solutions.....
Those problems will only be solved when we get it right with our education system......
Right from primary school to higher education....
And those who profer solutions will be the next generation of millionaires from that country....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by chloride6: 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2017
JohnspeakU:

Yes, but before the owner loses his business hundreds of his employees would have lost theirs. Which means that the well being of hundreds of employees as well as their dependants lies in the hands of a single employer.

You reason very subjectively ......

Some business owners have lost their businesses just as some employees have lost their jobs...

Some people are going to be worse off for being business owners. No one can deny this

To every man his own...

There is no security just a an illusion of security...
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by TheEmerald(m): 1:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
Great Stuff
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2017
SIRTee15:
I'm sure the writer's view of business is limited to buying and selling of basic n essential commodities i.e the informal retail sector.....
Because I wonder how someone will say u don't need education to be a successful entrepreneur

I know you are trying to support your own belief system, but I'd like you to quote where I stated that you don't need education to become a successful business person. And stop concluding on what you don't understand. Thank you
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by supereagle(m): 1:22pm On Dec 18, 2017
Think and Grow Rich; Rich Dad , Poor Dad have the answer.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by LordKO(m): 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2017
JohnspeakU:

First, I'll need you to reread the entire writeup and do a comparison of what you just wrote. Thanks

According to you "You will be amazed at the number of Uneducated successful business men and women compared to the huge number of educated men and women who are struggling to build a little business like selling doughnuts or cake or event decoration."

Citing the above quote alone, you've an erroneous understanding of what education is. One who's uneducated in his chosen business cannot succeed in same, therefore, an uneducated person can never be successful. Understanding/competency is the hallmark of knowledge. Next time when you see someone who's succeeding in his line of business, take it to mean that such a person is educated, at least in his line of business - whether he's lingually fluent and articulate or not is irrelevant. Schooling/formal education at best confers one who acquired it well with articulacy, lingual fluency and information, but it hardly confers thorough knowledge which is the main thing. So, my point is that absence of articulacy and lingual fluency, and limited information doesn't make someone uneducated - competency/understanding is the hallmark of knowledge and that's what being educated means.

Once more, I say to you that education is different from schooling and this you failed to understand as evident in your article. This is not to take away anything from you though because no one person has monopoly of knowledge, we live to learn everyday.

6 Likes

Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Jrevelation(m): 1:37pm On Dec 18, 2017
aril:

What do you mean by not educated? How do you define someone who is educated..?

Simple as this google.com
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by damzy88: 1:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
SIRTee15:
Because I wonder how someone will say u don't need education to be a successful entrepreneur.....
Nigeria retail sector is largely unorganized and semi-developed, thus the basic concept of commerce is sufficient to keep it going.....
Event at that, let's step up and bring in the likes of Walmart, Argos, buyspares, Morrison's and other retail giants.....

And pls never u say u don't need to change the world to be a successful entrepreneur......
Entrepreneurship is all about meeting a need, proffering solution to a societal problem.....
Dangote became the richest man in Africa because he changed the face of cement industry in Nigeria, he's doing that with the petroleum industry right now and see as his wealth triples when he's done.....
Elumelu and co revolutionize the banking sector, they brought it out of doldrum, modernized it and see the result today......
Bill gates and co ensured mobile technology is within the reach of common people.......

Pls what u should say is the useless Nigerian education system has turned out graduates that can't solve their own problems not to talk of the country....
Nigeria is bedevilled with myriad of problems and she's practically on her knees begging for solutions.....
Those problems will only be solved when we get it right with our education system......
And those who profer solutions will be the next generation of millionaires from that country....
Well said. Sent you a pm
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by damzy88: 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2017
SIRTee15:

Well said. Sent you a pm.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 18, 2017
JohnspeakU:
Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful in Business

By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach)

You will be amazed at the number of Uneducated successful business men and women compared to the huge number of educated men and women who are struggling to build a little business like selling doughnuts or cake or event decoration.

Not everyone was or will be privileged to go through the four walls of a university but whether you are educated or not is not a guarantee that you will succeed in business. I know some people will say that education isn't all about going to the University, polytechnic or college of education, yes, but there are so many people who can't read or write properly but are doing well in business. Now, let me share with you just five reasons why most Uneducated business men and women are more successful than their educated Counterparts.

- They Strive More To Be Relevant

It's a well known fact that we live in a society where people believe that if you don't go to school you are are loser. As such, those not privileged to go to school who have ended up in business are striving more to succeed. The truth is, most educated people are too relaxed. They always feel that things should work for them easily because they have a first degree, master degree or a doctorate or PhD. While their Uneducated Counterparts are putting in more efforts in making sure that the society doesn't mock them, they are busy waiting for things to happen on their own terms.

- They Don't Want To Change The World

An average educated person's business idea is always about changing the world and making it better. While an uneducated business person is thinking of how to sell what people need and make profit from it, an educated business person is thinking of how to solve the world's problem. Truth be told, if we solve a problem today another one will still emerge tomorrow. So, stop thinking of how to solve problems and start thinking of how to make profit because business is all about making profit. I know some over educated folks here will say that you must solve problems before you can make profit, that's a lie because most rich people oftentimes buy what they don't need and do not feel remorseful about it because they have the money. It's just your ability to convince them to buy what you sell even if they need it or not.

- They Don't Over Analyze

Before most educated people act they always like to look at the four sides of the angle. They look at the advantages and disadvantages, read different theories on the issue and consult all types of books to back them up. In short, they over analyze and over think themselves out of opportunities. Most Uneducated people don't go through those stress and that's why they are always quicker to take hold of opportunities.

- They Are Street Smart

It's one thing to be book smart and another to be street smart. People who will buy your products or services are not in the book but on they streets. They are not robots or theories but are humans with needs. We should read books, attend seminars and conferences but we should sometimes put the books aside and see what's happening in the street. Most Uneducated business people spent most of their lives in the street where they've learnt how to survive irrespective of the environment and circumstances.

- They Easily Cry For Help

While most Uneducated Business owners are always quick to employ the services of educated professionals to work for them in order to achieve more, their educated Counterparts are busy accumulating more responsibilities to themselves in order to cut down cost. Most graduate business people always feel proud to attend some seminars, conferences or even read some books. They always feel they are intelligent and are graduates like you and as such you have nothing to teach them. These in turn affects their productivity because no matter the number of degrees you have or your grade, there is little you can accomplish alone.

Succeed You Must.

©Johnspeak Uwangue

IF U WANT TO MAKE REAL MONEY ON EARTH, MAKE SURE THAT U EITHER SKIP THE UNIVERSITY OR ATTEND IT N GRADUATE WITH PASS OR 3RD CLASS.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Herrmes: 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2017
Stereotype, please let the article be more factual.
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by africanusvu(m): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
Stop deceiving itself.non educated person have limit to level of biz they can do.they ar never more successful. Rather they can can take more blind risk which sometimes favours them
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Ventrue: 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2017
GOOGLE OSONDU CHIMEZIE NWORU and LEARN NEW BUSINESSES
Re: Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 18, 2017
africanusvu:
Stop deceiving itself.non educated person have limit to level of biz they can do.they ar never more successful. Rather they can can take more blind risk which sometimes favours them

Whether its blind or lame risk it doesn't matter, what matters is that deals were struck and money was made at the end of it all. Shikena

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Danger Of MMM We Lost Close To 18 Million Naira / Importer To CBN: Tell The Truth, Naira Has Been Devalued / 10 Pictures You Could Relate To When You Want To Use ATM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.