Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Politicsoyo: Your Defection To APC Cannot Stop PDP In 2019 – Ladoja Tells Akal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicsoyo: Your Defection To APC Cannot Stop PDP In 2019 – Ladoja Tells Akal (1379 Views)

Atiku, Wike, Okowa, Momodu React To Obaseki's Defection To PDP / "Why APC Cannot Govern Nigeria Well" – Jonathan / Grace Ladoja Steps Out In Cleavage Baring Outfit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politicsoyo: Your Defection To APC Cannot Stop PDP In 2019 – Ladoja Tells Akal by Shegman22(m): 5:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
Ex-Governor of Oyo State, Senator Rasidi Adewolu Ladoja has declared that the defection of Chief Adebayo Alao Akala; former Senate Leader, Teslim Folarin; former Deputy Governor, Ambassador Taofeek Arapaja and a former Secretary to the State Government, Chief Ayodele Adigun to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state will not stop the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from capturing the state in 2019.

DAILY POST reports that all arrangements have been concluded to receive notable politicians from PDP, Labour Party among others to the fold of APC at an event slated to hold at Mapo Hall, today (Saturday).

But, Ladoja while speaking when he received a former governor of Abia State, Dr Orji Uzor Kalu at his Ondo Street Ibadan residence on Friday noted that their defection to APC does not mean anything to PDP.

He said, “Do you know that all the politicians are not more than five per cent of the voting population? So, one person moving from one party to another does not matter, it is the population that matters. The population is still solidly behind us.

“Akala has been in APC since two years ago after he left Labour Party (LP), immediately after 2015 elections. I think it’s just now they have time to celebrate him because election is coming.

“Teslim is there. I don’t know how many people he has been able to take along, though he contested in the last election. He is welcomed to contest in another election again. Dele Adigun, is a good technocrat and I hope he will play the game according to the rules by being fair to everybody.

“I am not contesting, I’m already an elder statesman, but I have flair for the PDP.”

Ladoja also described as untrue the allegation that since the structures of PDP in the state have been handed over to him, he had sidelined those that were strong supporters of the late strongman of Ibadan politics, Alhaji Lamidi Adedibu, based on the roles they allegedly played in his 11 months impeachment as governor of the state between 2003 and 2007.

“All those claims are not true. The PDP congresses were transparent”.

The Osi Olubadan of Ibadanland also revealed that the PDP would participate in the local government election which the state governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi said would hold early next year.

The ex-Governor, however, added that the Oyo State Independent Electoral Commission (OYSIEC) must give a 90-day notice before the conduct of the poll.

1 Like

Re: Politicsoyo: Your Defection To APC Cannot Stop PDP In 2019 – Ladoja Tells Akal by Opynapt(m): 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2017
Good God will save US in Oyo State

1 Like

Re: Politicsoyo: Your Defection To APC Cannot Stop PDP In 2019 – Ladoja Tells Akal by tuniski: 7:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
That is the truth. ApC in panic mode!
They will even anounce Defection of saraki to apc, it is that troubling.

1 Like

Re: Politicsoyo: Your Defection To APC Cannot Stop PDP In 2019 – Ladoja Tells Akal by ChangetheChange: 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
Akala has been in APC since two years ago after he left Labour Party (LP), immediately after 2015 elections. I think it’s just now they have time to celebrate him because election is coming.

“Teslim is there. I don’t know how many people he has been able to take along, though he contested in the last election. He is welcomed to contest in another election again. Dele Adigun, is a good technocrat and I hope he will play the game according to the rules by being fair to everybody.

grin grin grin

If PDP present Seyi Makinde as their candidate in 2019, PDP will overwhelmingly defeat any candidate that APC presents--Quote me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicsoyo: Your Defection To APC Cannot Stop PDP In 2019 – Ladoja Tells Akal by spartacus11(m): 9:30pm On Dec 17, 2017
tuniski:
That is the truth. ApC in panic mode!
They will even anounce Defection of saraki to apc, it is that troubling.

According to ur logic pdp is in panic mode for d numerous APC members that have decamp to pdp right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicsoyo: Your Defection To APC Cannot Stop PDP In 2019 – Ladoja Tells Akal by EASY39(m): 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2017
Ladoja is popular in oyo politics more than all decampe,ladoja still have serving member in house of assembly.
Re: Politicsoyo: Your Defection To APC Cannot Stop PDP In 2019 – Ladoja Tells Akal by tuniski: 10:41pm On Dec 17, 2017
spartacus11:

According to ur logic pdp is in panic mode for d numerous APC members that have decamp to pdp right?
No, the Salient point is when a party begins to herald decampees of old then the panic botton is on!
Re: Politicsoyo: Your Defection To APC Cannot Stop PDP In 2019 – Ladoja Tells Akal by Shegman22(m): 7:16am On Dec 18, 2017
EASY39:
Ladoja is popular in oyo politics more than all decampe,ladoja still have serving member in house of assembly.
gbam
Re: Politicsoyo: Your Defection To APC Cannot Stop PDP In 2019 – Ladoja Tells Akal by Jaideyone(m): 8:39am On Dec 18, 2017
ladoja is the only one left in PDP grin

BTW ajimobi should keep Akala close and make sure he doesn't get APC ticket in 2019. disappoint him at the last minute!!! Oyo state can't afford to go back into the hands of PDP rogues just because they decamped to APC
Re: Politicsoyo: Your Defection To APC Cannot Stop PDP In 2019 – Ladoja Tells Akal by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 18, 2017
ChangetheChange:

grin grin grin

If PDP present Seyi Makinde as their candidate in 2019, PDP will overwhelmingly defeat any candidate that APC presents--Quote me
you got it wrong
Ibadan would be divided by Apc et al
ogbomoso is for Akala
Oyo is Apc
oke Ogun Apc
Ibarapa Apc
deny it
Re: Politicsoyo: Your Defection To APC Cannot Stop PDP In 2019 – Ladoja Tells Akal by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 18, 2017
Jaideyone:
ladoja is the only one left in PDP grin

BTW ajimobi should keep Akala close and make sure he doesn't get APC ticket in 2019. disappoint him at the last minute!!! Oyo state can't afford to go back into the hands of PDP rogues just because they decamped to APC
I think if Akala is given senatorial ticket with few commissioners there won't be any problem

(1) (Reply)

A Big Hope For Biafra As Donald Trump Invites Buhari To Whitehouse / Atiku Shares Data / Deji Adeyanju Arrested While Leading An Anti-buhari Protest In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.