Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,501 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo (13153 Views)

Calling Uzodinma ‘Supreme Court Governor’ Is Derogatory – Imo Elders Warn / Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited / How Did The Olukumin People Accept A Hausa Derogatory Term As Their Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by cstr1000: 11:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
Why should any one care about what the hausa thinks about anybody?

These guys still have VVF and polio for fucck sake.

They are the poster symbol for derogatory names.

5 Likes

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by BabaRamota1980: 11:54pm On Dec 17, 2017
manci:
it is incomplete till you said inyamiri dodon doya uwa daya baba goma

What is meaning of that, translate for me. grin
Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by ThumbzTNA(m): 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
intruxive:

Stop pulling lies from ur anus. Bayerebe means somone of yoruba descent, bahaushe means someone of hausa descent. Banupe means somone of nupe (niger state) descent, bakateffe means somone of kataff descent (in kaduna state)
The hausas add ba (meaning offspring of) to anyone from any tribe. Iyamiri and lies grin

Shatap dia. Hausas add the prefix Dan to describe where someone is from eg Danborno, DanNupe, etc. Lying to prove points is hallmark of Yoruba debates, tufia

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by BabaRamota1980: 11:59pm On Dec 17, 2017
ThumbzTNA:

Shatap dia. Hausas add the prefix Dan to describe where someone is from eg Danborno, DanNupe, etc. Lying to prove points is hallmark of Yoruba debates, tufia

Dan is used for individual town. Ba is used for ethnic group.

Get sense abeg

7 Likes

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by jamislaw(m): 12:09am On Dec 18, 2017
intruxive:

Mmanu means oil, ofe means soup.... meaning oily soup. Because the yorubas like their stew oily and full of meat but igbos were use to soup with no oil and no meat, just leaves and grass and fish bone and crayfiish. Thats why their soup is always mixed with several mixture to hide the lack of meat and oil grin
kai kayi shuru yanmiri haka muke kiraku anan Arewa.

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by ThumbzTNA(m): 12:16am On Dec 18, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Dan is used for individual town. Ba is used for ethnic group.

Get sense abeg

Ba is used when something is unavailable. Ba ruwa = no water, ba shiga = no entry. FOH
Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by BabaRamota1980: 12:23am On Dec 18, 2017
ThumbzTNA:

Ba is used when something is unavailable. Ba ruwa = no water, ba shiga = no entry. FOH

Olodo! You think say every language be like Ibo?

Face North abeg. Hausa say they use derogatory word to describe you.

Yanmiri dodon doya uwa daya baba goma.

Give them a response. Coward! grin

7 Likes

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by beautydutch(f): 2:06am On Dec 18, 2017
uglyafonja:
Imagine Hausa man even making derogatory comment about the great Igbos.

wonders shall never end
I tire o
Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by Jlow2: 2:56am On Dec 18, 2017
BudeYahooCom:
Let's also educate the world about the word 'yoruba'. It was derived from 'bayerabe' an hausa term for captured slaves from oyo empire.

Unlike 'Igbo' in Igboland, The word 'yoruba' means nothing in yorubaland at all. They simply adopted the slave name christened by the hausa and fulanis
That's why you can find prehistoric names like Igbokwe, Igbogadi, Igbonacho in Igboland but yoruba don't have a record the word 'yoruba', it is just a corruption of the word 'bayerabe' which Hausa-Fulani slave catcher gave them during the conquering of their land by the Caliphate.
dis guy d provoke oh

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by Jlow2: 2:59am On Dec 18, 2017
BudeYahooCom:
Let's also educate the world about the word 'yoruba'. It was derived from 'bayerabe' an hausa term for captured slaves from oyo empire.

Unlike 'Igbo' in Igboland, The word 'yoruba' means nothing in yorubaland at all. They simply adopted the slave name christened by the hausa and fulanis
That's why you can find prehistoric names like Igbokwe, Igbogadi, Igbonacho in Igboland but yoruba don't have a record the word 'yoruba', it is just a corruption of the word 'bayerabe' which Hausa-Fulani slave catcher gave them during the conquering of their land by the Caliphate.
onni must hear dis,laff wan kill me oh
Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by adeolakemi: 4:09am On Dec 18, 2017
I prefer Igbo to Yoruba ..i love light skin fellas not some thick skin ugly dark skin
Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by ProWalker: 5:50am On Dec 18, 2017
mightyhazel:
we talking in d present, ur referring us to pre civil war. no wonder yall still stuck to civil war fake glory, while the igbos moved on, smashing records after records daily

You lack good reasoning
I asked how come there is a disconnect between the physical appearance of pre civil war -Igbo and post civil war-Igbos. Something must have changed in the genes.
Meanwhile, post your own picture, I want to see how handsome you are.
I will take ebonyi Ibos as the closest to what Ibos actually look like

1 Like

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by frankyychiji(f): 5:52am On Dec 18, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

grin grin
He could be as thin as a stick and the yanminri below him as fat as a pig....the stick is a authority with power to inflict pain into the animal and correct its sense.
Are you seeing his stomach? He has liver disease. I didn't know you have started wearing almajiri jerseys too grin
Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by frankyychiji(f): 5:54am On Dec 18, 2017
ipodstinks:
Killing heart, so why do we read of heart diseasesthat have killed many of your people even without meat and oil.
You are suffering from acute ignorance. Keep consuming your excessive oil and orisirisi meat rather than be grateful for free advice. God will help you.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by intruxive(m): 6:40am On Dec 18, 2017
ThumbzTNA:

Dan kor, akpan ni grin
Dan is "son of" as in dan asebe son of asebe not descendant or offspring, guy if u must argue cant you just ask the people who speak the language b4 u start getting emotional and irrational and foaming in the mouth (typical attributes of yanmiris grin )

1 Like

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by intruxive(m): 6:50am On Dec 18, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

What is meaning of that, translate for me. grin
It means " yamiri yam wizard, one mother and ten fathers"
It was coined from the fact that after the war the igbos were so malnourished and poor that their best food became roasted yam ( because they can eat one whole tuber without drinking water ......which is why yorubas called them omo aje okuta ma mumi grin )
Then most of the returnee igbo women were so promiscuous that the hausa believed they had children for several different men..... which is the uwa daya uber gomma

1 Like

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by intruxive(m): 6:57am On Dec 18, 2017
Stingman:

Meat + oil = High cholestrol >>> Heart disease

Leaves+grass-Fishbone- Low cholesterol, calcium>>> Good health...

Which do you prefer...?
Red oil is good for ur heart, just accept the fact that post civil war suffering defined your meals... thats why no body but igbos flock igbo restaurant...... tasteless grass concoction grin

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by ipodstinks: 8:33am On Dec 18, 2017
frankyychiji:
You are suffering from acute ignorance. Keep consuming your excessive oil and orisirisi meat rather than be grateful for free advice. God will help you.
Na question? I asked you mumu. My grandma was 115years of age before she died despite consuming meat and oil. She never had any heart related diseases and she died at appointed time. Why do we read of heart diseases that have killed many of your people. If meat and oil causes that Mr doctor, we should not have been reading about heart failurefrom your side na cheesy. The last time I read about heart diseases, meat and oil consumption was never mentioned as causes.
Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by ipodstinks: 8:39am On Dec 18, 2017
ProWalker:

How can people that lacked meat for 3 years like meat.
They enjoyed dried panla completely devoid of nutrient they called oporoko and grass.

Bros, na poverty dey affect them.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by CrtlAltDel: 8:42am On Dec 18, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Olodo! You think say every language be like Ibo?

Face North abeg. Hausa say they use derogatory word to describe you.

Yanmiri dodon doya uwa daya baba goma.

Give them a response. Coward! grin
Gbam…… Yanmiri dodon doya uwa daya baba goma. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by CrtlAltDel: 8:48am On Dec 18, 2017
adeolakemi:
I prefer Igbo to Yoruba ..i love light skin fellas not some thick skin ugly dark skin
But you have said it here times without number, your momma married a yoruba man… invariably ,your papa is a thick skin ugly dark skin ewedu loving Afonja….…. You keep shooting yourself in the foot grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by ipodstinks: 8:48am On Dec 18, 2017
intruxive:

It means " yamiri yam wizard, one mother and ten fathers"
It was coined from the fact that after the war the igbos were so malnourished and poor that their best food became roasted yam ( because they can eat one whole tuber without drinking water ......which is why yorubas called them omo aje okuta ma mumi grin )
Then most of the returnee igbo women were so promiscuous that the hausa believed they had children for several different men..... which is the uwa daya uber gomma
That why yorubas call them 'omo ajokuta mamumi' grin

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by ipodstinks: 8:51am On Dec 18, 2017
CrtlAltDel:

But you have said it here times without number, yo momna married a yoruba man… invariably ,yo papa is a thick skin ugly dark skin ewedu loving Afonja….…. You keep shooting yourself in the foot grin grin grin
Don't answer that one, he need likes so badly but couldn't. He knows his existence in his compoundnot to talk of street.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by CrtlAltDel: 8:53am On Dec 18, 2017
ipodstinks:
Don't answer that one, he need likes so badly but couldn't. He knows his existence in his compoundnot to talk of street.
Adeolakemi apart from being a Hermaphrodite……… na real omo ale jati jati grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by ipodstinks: 9:03am On Dec 18, 2017
CrtlAltDel:

Adeolakemi apart from being a Hermaphrodite……… na real omo ale jati jati grin cheesy
He is iyanmiri(water begger).

1 Like

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by frankyychiji(f): 9:06am On Dec 18, 2017
ipodstinks:
Na question? I asked you mumu. My grandma was 115years of age before she died despite consuming meat and oil. She never had any heart related diseases and she died at appointed time. Why do we read of heart diseases that have killed many of your people. If meat and oil causes that Mr doctor, we should not have been reading about heart failurefrom your side na cheesy.
There are certain sets of zombies I don't engage here and you and BabaRamota1980 are one of them. Seeing that I broke my own rule to condescend that low, I must apologize to you. Bye.
Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by Jaideyone(m): 9:23am On Dec 18, 2017
uglyafonja:
Imagine Hausa man even making derogatory comment about the great Igbos.

wonders shall never end
but the ibo man is allowed to make derogatory comments against Hausa? no one has the monopoly of derogatory comments
Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by ipodstinks: 9:26am On Dec 18, 2017
frankyychiji:
There are certain sets of zombies I don't engage here and you and BabaRamota1980 are one of them. Seeing that I broke my own rule to condescend that low, I must apologize to you. Bye.
Lol, there are many aliens that need to be ignored. You are one of them who think he has brain grin. He would rather bring out trash from his Anus to make himself happy. I am sorry your prdicament is beyond repair. Bye

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by Abee79(m): 9:31am On Dec 18, 2017
angry angry angry angry

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by 9jakool: 9:58am On Dec 18, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

Before you spill bigotry, try to understand the history of the people you are trying to attack first, otherwise you sound illogical.

The first mentioning of "Yoruba in writing was by a scholar in the 1500s named Ahmad baba al Massufi of Timbuktu during the reign of the Songhai empire in Mali. He used the term to denote the people living under the Oyo empire. This shows that by this time, Oyo had already made contacts with places as far North as Mali.

The term was popularize by Hausa through trade with Oyo, gaining more popularity during the colonial era. Yoruba in the Hausa language simply denotes Oyo. Although, today the meaning of "Yoruba" might be largely lost in context, it still has a slight Oyo undertone to it. Also, Yoruba is not the only term, Yorubas use. Other terms like Olukumi or Anago(Nago) exist as well, especially historically. In Benin Republic, the term "Nago" is preferred over Yoruba. If you, an Igbo were to travel to Ghana, chances are that you would be mistakenly called "Anago" by the Ghanians, simply because you are Nigerian. This is due to the presence and trade of Yorubas in Ghana that goes back to precolonial times.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Man Explain The meaning of "Inyamiri" A Derogatory Word For Igbo by Enyeem(m): 10:20am On Dec 18, 2017
Pls what is de meaning of "ndi ofe mmanu" a derogatory word as well used by Ibos against Yorubas? NDI OFE MMANU

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit / Akiolu, Oniru Warn Sanwo-olu: Beware Of Traitors In Your Midst / The Enemies Within.....Looters, Saboteurs & Terrorists!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.