Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,944 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Why I Was Questioned By EFCC – David Mark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Was Questioned By EFCC – David Mark (1036 Views)

EFCC Quizzes David Mark Over Billions Stolen From National Assembly / 13 Billion: Jonathan, Emefiele, Magu, Others To Be Questioned By Panel. / Ararume's Daughter Weds In Abuja: David Mark, Amaechi, Dogara, Ngige, Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Was Questioned By EFCC – David Mark by Ebullience(m): 7:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
Nigeria’s former Senate President, David Mark, on Sunday slammed the anti-graft agency, EFCC, for levelling unfounded and senseless allegations of fraud against him.

The Nation newspaper had reported earlier in the week that the politician was a guest at the anti-graft office and was grilled by detectives.

Mr. Mark confirmed being invited by the EFCC in a statement signed by his media aide, Paul Mumeh, on Sunday.

He said he fielded questions relating to 2015 campaign finance for political activities in his home state of Benue.

But he was particularly baffled about another question that bothered on alleged bribery of all Senate members in 2010.

Mr. Mark was Senate President from 2007 until 2015 when the All Progressives Congress took control of the legislature.

He, however, remained a member of the Senate, having been re-elected by his constituents in Benue South Senatorial District in 2015.

He said they alleged that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) paid over N2 billion into a bank account run by the National Assembly during his days as the president of the Senate.

He said the EFCC further alleged that the money was shared among the 109 Senators (including PDP, ACN, and ANPP) in 2010.

“Again, to the best of his knowledge, Sen. Mark is not aware of such transaction. This simply did not make sense to any right thinking member of the society.

“Sen. Mark wondered why anybody would think that PDP will pay money into National Assembly account. He however clarified all the issues raised before returning home,” Mr. Mumeh said.
The EFCC has refused to speak on the interrogation.
The 2015 campaign finance by the PDP has been a subject of intense interrogation by law enforcement agencies.
About $2.1 billion disguised as national security expenditure was said to have been squandered on electioneering for the fated 2015 re-election bid of Goodluck Jonathan.
The probe, which has seen several former ministers and top administration officials under Mr. Jonathan arrested within the last 30 months, has been deemed by critics as lopsided and an attempt to smother opposition.
This is because law enforcement agencies are believed to have refrained from probing or arresting persons associated with Mr. Buhari or the ruling All Progressives Congress.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/252735-i-questioned-efcc-david-mark.html

1 Like

Re: Why I Was Questioned By EFCC – David Mark by GavelSlam: 9:32am On Dec 18, 2017
Thief.
Re: Why I Was Questioned By EFCC – David Mark by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 18, 2017
Coming from Lagos-Ibadan newspaper shocked angry
Only SW media would carry the matter on their mind and head.
Re: Why I Was Questioned By EFCC – David Mark by anonimi: 9:40am On Dec 18, 2017
GavelSlam:
Thief.

Do you know why MaguN's EFCC has not quizzed Buratai for his Dubai mansions

General Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment As Chief Of Army Staff

General Tukur Yusuf Buratai bought a second choice property in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, days after his appointment as Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS), an investigation by SaharaReporters has revealed.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/27/general-buratai-bought-second-dubai-property-days-after-appointment-chief-army-staff

More Details Emerge On Nigeria Chief Of Army Staff General Buratai’s Dubai Properties

An ongoing investigation by SaharaReporters into properties acquired in Dubai by Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Tukur Buratai, has revealed more details about the officer’s real estate acquisitions estimated at N160 million at the minimum.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/09/more-details-emerge-nigeria-chief-army-staff-general-buratai%E2%80%99s-dubai-properties

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3088738_img20151115154440_jpeg8f611b6c9cc8cd0928a56ef1049ea06d

2 Likes

Re: Why I Was Questioned By EFCC – David Mark by SalamRushdie: 9:50am On Dec 18, 2017
The EFCC has become a political tool under this very retrogressive govt, Make no mistake PDP big wigs in the North Central are being hounded in a bid to cage them before 2019 where a win in the middle is very important for the dullards self centered ambition to see the light of day.
Re: Why I Was Questioned By EFCC – David Mark by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:53am On Dec 18, 2017
[s]
SalamRushdie:
The EFCC has become a political tool under this very retrogressive govt, Make no mistake PDP big wigs in the North Central are being hounded in a bid to cage them before 2019 where a win in the middle is very important for the dullards self centered ambition to see the light of day.
[/s]

Why do you always support Corrupt people in PDP?

Are you also paid for this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Questioned By EFCC – David Mark by usba: 9:57am On Dec 18, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

Why do you always support Corrupt people in PDP?

Are also paid for this?

He obviously is paid. Such a shame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Questioned By EFCC – David Mark by cetzak: 10:42am On Dec 18, 2017
Ngenekwano,You are the biggest fool on naira land .If you doubt me,let's run a pool.
Re: Why I Was Questioned By EFCC – David Mark by Bari22: 10:51am On Dec 18, 2017
David, do you steal or not

Re: Why I Was Questioned By EFCC – David Mark by able20(m): 11:02am On Dec 18, 2017
Efcc self -reporting stories is only about invitations, trails, on-going investigation in a back- and forth manner with out a successful conclusion.
Re: Why I Was Questioned By EFCC – David Mark by Rityonyi(f): 11:18am On Dec 18, 2017
I believe you

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Second Lover Of Married Nigerian Woman Dies After Sex / Splinter “fresh PDP” Gets Parallel Committee, Proscribes Govs Forum / Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar @atiku Graced The 90th Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.