Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election (14258 Views)

Ebenezer Babatope: Jonathan Will Regret Working For APC's Victory In Bayelsa / Timipreye Sylva: How Dickson Made APC’s Victory In Bayelsa Much Easier / How We Caged Obasanjo As President – Segun Osoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by johnolumide78: 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2017
A former Governor of Ogun State, Chief Segun Osoba, has expressed doubt over chances of his party, All Progressives Congress (APC), winning the upcoming 2019 Presidential Election.

He said that  noted that if APC fails to do its homework, many of its leaders will join former Vice President Atiku Abubakar in Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Meanwhile he also said that South West leaders of the APC need to sit with President Buhari and renegotiate their alliance.

He said, I have told you that I am holding a delicate and important position within the APC in the South West. I have access at every level to express my views at the age of 78.

I will be honest with you. The health challenges that our president faced, was a serious challenge to the party itself, that created some problem for us.

I am happy that the president himself is back and immediately called a major national caucus meeting on October 30, followed by NEC meeting and we took certain decisions there. I hope those decisions will be implemented.

I don't want to talk publicly about it. I still believe in what I said there that we need serious rethinking. Take for example, party membership, with the situation in PDP now, we need to open our doors and really do serious recruitment of members at the grassroots.

Source: https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/independent.ng/2019-segun-osoba-doubts-apcs-victory-in-presidential-election/%3famp_markup=1

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by swagagolic01(m): 11:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
cheesy grin
Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by slivertongue: 11:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
true talk but do they have any chance considering the state of the economy

10 Likes

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by yarimo(m): 12:26am On Dec 18, 2017
This online news site headquarters is located in Ekiti State Government house with branch in WADATA house abuja. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by hypertension(m): 3:56am On Dec 18, 2017
yarimo:
This online news site headquarters is located in Ekiti State Government house with branch in WADATA house abuja. grin grin

Lol..we are just few days to 2018, WHEN YOU GO GET SENSE BIKO?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by crackerspub: 4:04am On Dec 18, 2017
yarimo:

Thomas

11 Likes

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by Jirate(m): 5:21am On Dec 18, 2017
He noted that if APC fails to do its homework, many of its leaders will join former Vice President Atiku Abubakar in Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

It is not a Question of "If APC Fails", The Party is a Colossal Failure Already. Nigerians has been Counting their Loses ever since their advent, God Punish the Day APC was Formed.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 18, 2017
Very few men would tell you as it is....

9 Likes

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by kcmichael: 6:52am On Dec 18, 2017
18m votes loading for APC,its gonna be votes tsunami.........?...

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by Flyingngel(m): 7:01am On Dec 18, 2017
OK oo
Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by mightyhazel: 7:02am On Dec 18, 2017
true
Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by lilytender: 7:12am On Dec 18, 2017
Chief Osoba, I respect elders so I will not say that you are mad. You left APC for SDP before the last election. Your owambe party lead by Olu Falae collected 100 million naira from Goatluck Jonascam to rig election for him, so your owambe party adopted Goatluck as its presidential candidate. Tinubu, Buhari, Amaechi humiliated you all. You did not even know that your owambe party chairman Olu False collected money from Goatluck through Dasuki Sambo until EFCC picked up Olu Falae and he begged for mercy and returned part of the money.

Now, Tinubu has begged Ibikunle Amosu to allow you manage small space in Ogun APC, you started saying rubbish again. Watch your mouth before we send you back to your owambe party SDP. We will not be surprised if you join Atikuchukwu and the Biafran pigs PDP, that was the same way you worked for Obasanjo in 2003 against your party's (AD) candidate. At the end of the day, all you South-West traitor governors were booted out of office by PDP rigging machinery.

A word is enough for a wise elder.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by mickapolo: 9:52am On Dec 18, 2017
Even me self i go place bet on NaijaBet.com that APC will lose in 2019 cool

9 Likes

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by Teewhy2: 9:53am On Dec 18, 2017
I believe the implementation is that Buhari should step down for a younger candidate, i pray is is implemented.
As we see this year, we go see 2019 and experience what you guys have in stock.

Are you planning to do a roof parapet?
Check out details of our polystyrene parapet installation, it is light, fast to install and durable.
Prefect for land which doesn't much loads and renovation works.
Click below
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/6

1 Like

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by temitemi1(m): 9:56am On Dec 18, 2017
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by temitemi1(m): 9:56am On Dec 18, 2017
APC is a goner come 2019...

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by ohosi4real(m): 9:56am On Dec 18, 2017
Apc have already loss 2019

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by ManirBK: 9:57am On Dec 18, 2017
Pls do not Atikulate!!!

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by anonimi: 9:57am On Dec 18, 2017
kcmichael:
18m votes loading for APC,its gonna be votes tsunami.........?...

When barawo bubu's wife has said she won't vote for him
Do you know better than his wife?
Are you dreaming or are you a dreamer?

I may not support Buhari’s re-election in 2019, Nigeria’s First Lady Aisha warns

Aisha, the wife of Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has said she may not back her husband’s re-election in 2019 unless he shakes up his cabinet.

In an interview with the BBC, Mrs. Buhari said the president “does not know” most of the top officials he appointed to office.

Mr. Buhari has not indicated whether or not he will seek re-election, and according to his wife, he has not told his family too.

“He is yet to tell me (if he’ll seek re-election) but I have decided as his wife, that if things continue like this up to 2019, I will not go out and campaign again and ask any woman to vote like I did before. I will never do it again,” she said.

More from: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/212738-i-may-not-support-buharis-re-election-2019-nigerias-first-lady-aisha-warns.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6398065_img20170913002915_jpeg0f7b04a2e44a4dd7f53bb1f017888866

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by anonimi: 10:02am On Dec 18, 2017
temitemi1:
APC is a goner come 2019...

Even the true Igbo leader of the All Poverty Congress, APC has confirmed it.

89 percent Nigerians not happy under Buhari – Okorocha
December 11, 2017

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, Sunday, scored the Federal Government very poor in terms of addressing poverty in the nation.

Okorocha said 89 percent of Nigerians were not happy, noting that the vital expect of human existence had not been addressed in the country.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/11/89-percent-nigerians-not-happy-buhari-okorocha/

[img]http://1.bp..com/-Vw3UahhC4AY/V9eQNYqamsI/AAAAAAAAyaE/_egxFIGmYUMEu_GGGJr0VDAeTogFqkNSgCK4B/s1600/Untitled-6.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4884294_mistake_jpeg702a2602bc7f166e23ca39e4552fd42f

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by dtruth50: 10:02am On Dec 18, 2017
while lets wait till then.
Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by Zanas: 10:04am On Dec 18, 2017
Buhari why

1 Like

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 18, 2017
ManirBK:
Pls do not Atikulate!!!
Atikulate against dullardry

10 Likes

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by dukie25: 10:05am On Dec 18, 2017
Their days are numbered.
Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by anonimi: 10:05am On Dec 18, 2017
Esseite:
Very few men would tell you as it is....

Balarabe Musa is one of those few men, apparently.

Buhari, APC deceived Nigerians with empty promises – Balarabe Musa
December 11, 2017

Former Governor of the old Kaduna State, and National Chairman of the Peoples Redemption Party PRP, Alhaji Abdulkadir Balarabe Musa on Monday
took a swipe on President Muhammadu Buhari.

The former Governor also called out the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, saying that they rode to power on false and empty promises.

Musa spoke at the 54th meeting of the National Executive Committee, NEC, of PRP, where he noted that none of the promises made by Buhari and APC before coming to power in 2015 had been fulfilled.

He said, “As you are all aware, our nation today remains in a very sorry state despite all the lofty promises and flowery speeches made by the ruling government of the All Progressive Congress (APC) at the inception of the Administration in 2015.

“The economy remains comatose, and in some sectors, particularly in industry and commerce, it is even getting worse.

“Monetary and fiscal management has continued to lack coherence and consistency, or even predictability and strategic planning.

“Unemployment, particularly amongst the youth, who constitute the bulk of our population, has assumed critical proportions and is now, for all practical purposes, a national emergency.

“Yet, this APC Administration, which rode to power on the back of false promises to this generation of hapless young men and women, seems to have no answers to this ticking time bomb beyond slogans such as N-Power.

“In fact, instead of creating jobs, the Administration is busy cutting existing ones in the name of ‘rightsizing’ or ‘downsizing’.

“This government, both at the centre and in the States that it controls, has proved that it has little or nothing else to provide Nigerians other than further mass impoverishment, frustration and hardships.

“If we turn to the security front, the same sad picture confronts us. Perhaps, President Muhammadu Buhari’s greatest appeal for many in 2015 was the belief that he was capable of dealing a death blow to the insurgency, particularly as manifested by Boko Haram.

“In these almost three years that the APC has been in power, the reality has been otherwise.

“Yes, the Boko Haram camps in the Sambisa forest may have been wiped out, but the security menace that the group poses continues to manifest, with suicide bombs exploding almost on a weekly basis, particularly in the North Eastern parts of the country.

“But apart from the Boko Haram insurgency, others have emerged in different parts of the country.

“Recently, the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) unleashed mayhem in the South East. Similarly, the militants in the Niger Delta are yet to sheath their swords.

“And even more ominous is the threat to public safety and the security of lives and property posed by the marauding gangs of cattle rustlers, killer herdsmen and armed kidnappers.

“We ask, where is the security promised Nigerians by this APC administration?.

“In so far as the political environment is concerned, again the story is a sad one. Lacking any internal cohesion within itself, the APC administration has only spawned and promoted institutional political decay in the country.

“In the name of an anti-corruption campaign, the government has been consistently assaulting due process and the rule of law.

“Court orders are flagrantly disobeyed by the very institutions that should enforce them.
“Basic democratic rights are being cynically abused. While talking glibly about fighting corruption, the government shamelessly looks askance where corruption is exposed within its own very ranks, closets and cocoons.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/11/buhari-apc-deceived-nigerians-empty-promises-balarabe-musa/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829596_img6325197050325_jpeg_jpeg61db8b350e65ada0da8fdf4018fb03e4

1 Like

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by Dannyset(m): 10:08am On Dec 18, 2017
APC can lose to KOWA but not PDP.
That party has done so much damage to this country and we won't forget in a jiffy.
Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by anonimi: 10:08am On Dec 18, 2017

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by anonimi: 10:11am On Dec 18, 2017
yarimo:

You must be speaking from your BMC experience based on your 30k salary from the padded budget of Alhaji LIE Mohammed.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6357739_img20171202120050_jpeg6ecfd3f82fd9c8a51481d8dcf4a16a70

Revealed: How Buhari Budgeted N39 billion for Propaganda

In a bid to launder his already battered image, President Muhammadu Buhari has allocated a whooping sum of N39 billion in the 2016 budget to the Ministry of Information and Culture, a sum higher than the paltry N29 billion allocated to the Ministry of Agriculture.

This is a direct inverse of the 2015 budget, where Former President Goodluck Jonathan allocated the sum of N23 billion to Ministry of Information and N39 billion to the Agricultural Ministry.

The meager allocation to the Agricultural ministry has left political stakeholders wondering if the present administration aims at diversifying the economy or thriving on propaganda.

Buhari had in August, 2015 stated that Nigerians must stop paying mere lip service to agriculture, as crude oil and gas exports will no longer be sufficient as the country’s major revenue earner.

“It’s time to go back to the land. We must face the reality that the petroleum we had depended on for so long will no longer suffice. We campaigned heavily on agriculture, and we are ready to assist as many want to go into agricultural ventures,’’ Buhari stated.

However investigations by Post Nigeria revealed that Buhari’s words did not match his action following the lean budgetary provision for Agriculture.

More from: https://www.post-nigeria.com/revealed-how-buhari-budgeted-n39-billion-for-propaganda/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3711426_laimuhammedidontowe_png3d123b27e8f04701820553cb9b600a90

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by wildchild1: 10:12am On Dec 18, 2017
True talk

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION... Promo is on
Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by SillyMods: 10:15am On Dec 18, 2017
Jirate:

It is not a Question of "If APC Fails", The Party is a Colossal Failure Already. Nigerians has been Counting their Loses ever since their advent, God Punish the Day APC was Formed.
Be ready to wail post 2019 election.
Re: 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election by Austinoiz(m): 10:15am On Dec 18, 2017
Idiots are slighting Atiku and Ndigbo by calling him Atikuchukwu. If he emerges PDP's flagbearer tomorrow, same idiots will start advocating for a Yellowbar VP slot or they will not vote PDP (as if the ewedu and amala votes amount to anything).

I know you clowns will be the first to give Atiku a chieftaincy title once he wins.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims / South-East Has No Land For Fulani Herdsmen — IPOB Threatens Governors, Monarchs / Soldiers Kill Police Inspector In Adamawa; Gov Urges Calm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.