Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

The Moroccans Are Coming !!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Moroccans Are Coming !!! (7194 Views)

EFCC Are Coming To Search My House For Atiku Election Money - Fayose / Thousands Of Moroccans Welcome Buhari (photo) / Ex-military Officers Are Coming Together To Deal With Buhari – ACF chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by JoeMaddog: 7:23am On Dec 18, 2017
shocked
Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by HONemmaEke: 7:28am On Dec 18, 2017
all does guys going to Libya will now go to Morocco, from there to SPAIN.
Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by Wristler: 7:28am On Dec 18, 2017
My own piece is that we shld mind who we open our doors for.

How has the international relations between Morrocco and other West African countries been?

What influence or relationship exists btw Morrocco and the West and it's allies
Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 18, 2017
tsdarkside:

thats not true...dont let what some criminal arabs are doing deceive you...all races have their bad eggs......you think whites dont have criminals too......

look,fact remains,europeans see arabs as africans too....europeans dont differentiate between a arab and a black african....
bros it dose not matter if Europeans see Arabs as blacks. Arabs demself see black as slaves and monkeys, am really worry y dey should be in ECOWAS, dis is not a good move at all.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by Lomprico2: 7:32am On Dec 18, 2017
Free visa to morocco cheesy!

1 Like

Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by tsdarkside(m): 7:34am On Dec 18, 2017
morocco has a modern military.....like this nigeria would always be upgraded with the newest weapons in the world....

we will not need to rely on western nations no more.....

we already have a age old connection with morocco even before the moroonic portugies landed on our shores we already had contact with morocco through the silk road.....king of morocco was not wrong for saying good to be back home....
Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by tsdarkside(m): 7:41am On Dec 18, 2017
Jesse01:
bros it dose not matter if Europeans see Arabs as blacks. Arabs demself see black as slaves and monkeys, am really worry y dey should be in ECOWAS, dis is not a good move at all.

thats not true....i had alot of contact with arabs...many of them called me abibi.....i had no problems with them atall...

the portugies still see you as slaves today...not the arabs...
Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 18, 2017
tsdarkside:

thats not true....i had alot of contact with arabs...many of them called me abibi.....i had no problems with them atall...

the portugies still see you as slaves today...not the arabs...
ok oo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by casualobserver1: 7:45am On Dec 18, 2017
SSBN:

Yep..ballance of power. We have sacrifised our hegemony to the god of political correctness. Heck Morocco is closer to Spain than it is to West Africa geographically. The Moroccans must have promised billions of dollars.

Who ever payeth the bill's, maketh the rules

II Opinions 4:7

It is insanity. The money they promised will probably come from the billions we will lose as our nascent industries are crushed.

Now all Europeans that want to trade with ECOWAS will relocate key offices and HQs to Morocco.

This can't even be explained as political correctness, only an utter lack or stretegic thinking can justify this.

I don't understand how the people around Buhari didn't inform him.

4 Likes

Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by anibirelawal(m): 7:49am On Dec 18, 2017
casualobserver1:
And so it begins. Nigeria's slide into irrelevance in ECOWAS is now a matter of time. With Morocco joining, the French will have an even more potent means of dumping thier goods into ECOWAS countries, further stunting growth in the region.

Buhari's parochial nature are to blame for this. I wonder if a lawyer can sue and state that Morocco cannot join due to the geographic position of the country.

you can be the lawyer na.
Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by chiagozien(m): 7:51am On Dec 18, 2017
SSBN:
ECOWAS Accepts Morocco’s Bid for Membership !

Leaders from Ecowas gathered for a round table discussion as ECOWAS. Top in the agenda :
West African migrant crises in Libya

Militancy in the Sahel

Regional trade.

Nigeria’s President in his address urged members of the regional body to reaffirm their efforts towards the return of stranded migrants in North Africa. After hours of discussion the leaders agreed to uphold political stability while aiding in the peaceful transfer of power in Guinea Bissau.

President Buhari announced the gradual withdrawal of Nigerian troops from peace keeping in Guinea Bissau, calling for independent elections. He described concerns that the political deadlock is taking its toll on the people and the resources of member states, particularly troops from contributing countries to the ECOWAS mission in Guinea Bissau. He strongly urged all the stake holders in Guinea Bissau to respect their undertakings and plans to resolve the pokitical pass.

This is where the good stuff ends…..

In a surprise twist, leaders of ECOWAS have officially agreed in principle to accept Morocco–s bid for membership.

Now this is beyond stunning. Almost hard to believe really.

Morocco arrogantly left the OAU in 1984 because members voted to recognize the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, as the Polisario Front calls the territory.

To add insult to injury, in 1987 Morocco applied to join the European Communities ( the precursor to the present dat European Union). Of course the application was rejected on the grounds that Morocco was not considered to be a European country and hence could not join.

It is good to be back home after having been away for so long.
Those were the first words of Moroccan King Mohamed VI in a speech at the African Union Summit in February.

The speech came after avast majority of the AU member states voted to re-admit Morocco to the continental bloc after going rogue for 33 years.
But why is Morocco, a relatively wealthy north african country seeking membership in a West African Economic and Military Bloc?

Enshrined in the ECOWAS Charter is a geographic membership criterion. This alone disqualifies the north African state from membership. Then talk of trade, the geography and lack of robust transnational infrastructure makes trade between Morooco and ECOWAS nearly impossible or prohibitively expensive.

Also the European Union is Morocco’s biggest trading partner, constituting 55.7% of its trade with its near neighbour Spain and former colonial power France being the biggest beneficiaries. Besides trade lets not forget that Morocco is a member of the Arab Maghreb Union (AMU), which is a five country trade agreement with Algeria, Libya, Mauritania and Tunisia.

Add to that , Morocco has signed almost 1,000 agreements and treaties with various African countries since 1999. Moroccan banks have expanded through out Africa with a presence in 20 countries -more so than Nigeria and South Africa combined. The country’s government owned airliner Royal Air Maroc is one of Africa’s biggest airlines.

Nigeria and Ghana are just about the only two significant Anglophone countries in a predominantly Francophone region. The economic prowess of Nigeria and Ghana and Nigeria’s hard and soft power is what tilts the balance in favour of English speaking West Africa, and is perhaps the only reason tiny Anglophone States like Liberia and S-Leone have a voice.

The admission of a quasi francophone country like Morocco with an economy in the same league as Nigeria’s and a more advanced and capable military will for the first time since the creation of ECOWAS tilt the balance of power towards French West Africa. Let’s not forget the Western Sahara issue too.

The geography also means freedom of movements across Member states impractical with Morocco. This is a win win for Morocco. A home run. Nigeria is practically ceding its leadership role to Morocco, changing the regional identity from Anglophone to Francophone West Africa. This could very well be the end of Nigeria as we know it.

https://defensenigeria.com/2017/12/18/7016/
anything that will disintegrate nigeria is welcome.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by RZArecta(m): 8:04am On Dec 18, 2017
tsdarkside:
i dont agree with you on this...we cant sustain ecowas alone its too expensive.....we need access to the midlle east to checkmate boko haram before they reach nigeria.....isolation is a very bad idea today.....
"to checkmate boko haram before they reach Nigeria"..... Wonderful cool

My take, maybe those who voted for the Moroccans to be admitted (obviously after greasing of enough palms with brown envelops) thought the country was very near WA and there was a mistake on Africa's map
Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by tsdarkside(m): 8:13am On Dec 18, 2017
RZArecta:
"to checkmate boko haram before they reach Nigeria"..... Wonderful cool

My take, maybe those who voted for the Moroccans to be admitted (obviously after greasing of enough palms with brown envelops) thought the country was very near WA and there was a mistake on Africa's map

would you be against china joining ecowas...??....what about japan...?....would you be against japan joining ecowas...?

we can change the word ecowas any day.....we shouldnt allow words to block our opportunities....
Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by yanshDoctor: 8:32am On Dec 18, 2017
tsdarkside:
think on the technologie transfers and weapons we could buy.....influence of france would end in the sea to europa and not our doorsteps like today.....i am for morocco joining ecowas to still defend what influence we have in africa....south africa is gone,forget them...

kenya is useless to us,their situation is not better than that of south africa....we have to look north for security....and we have already a large population of muslims....communications and understanding with morocco will not be a problem....
a product of head slamming

2 Likes

Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by baralatie(m): 8:54am On Dec 18, 2017
MyMouth:
Developers already planning to go and develop Morocco! I bet u, after them flat heads invade that country in the name of free movement, nobody go tell Morocco to leave ECOWAS sharp sharp
you made me laugh
Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by baralatie(m): 8:57am On Dec 18, 2017
HONemmaEke:
all does guys going to Libya will now go to Morocco, from there to SPAIN.
the pressure go bad gahn!
Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by baralatie(m): 9:01am On Dec 18, 2017
tsdarkside:

would you be against china joining ecowas...??....what about japan...?....would you be against japan joining ecowas...?

we can change the word ecowas any day.....we shouldnt allow words to block our opportunities....
the issue is two fold.the fate of western sahara making it a likely proxy battleground affecting movement of trade if it is unresolved.
two,the issue of morroco setting itself up as a proxy EU dump market in the ECOWAS zone

1 Like

Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by abdulwastecx(m): 9:09am On Dec 18, 2017
Jesse01:
because dey are Arabs, and Arabs are don't like blacks angry

You are technically wrong. Morocco is an Arabised North Africa nation with very small actual Arab population ( less than 5%) are actually Arabs, the vast majority are Berbers, Tuaregs, Romans, Jewish etc.

People overate and other Northern Africa nation a lot in this forum, Morocco to a large part is an agrarian nation that depends heavily on agriculture and tourism for foreign exchange earning with very poor government structure because of lack of democracy, all in all admission of Morocco into the regional body is a win-win for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by Jaideyone(m): 9:16am On Dec 18, 2017
casualobserver1:
And so it begins. Nigeria's slide into irrelevance in ECOWAS is now a matter of time. With Morocco joining, the French will have an even more potent means of dumping thier goods into ECOWAS countries, further stunting growth in the region.

Buhari's parochial nature are to blame for this. I wonder if a lawyer can sue and state that Morocco cannot join due to the geographic position of the country.
ECOWAS countries made a decision and buhari voiced out against it yet you are already blaming him?

buhari is not responsible for all your life troubles. learn to comment with sense
Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by baralatie(m): 9:19am On Dec 18, 2017
Jaideyone:
ECOWAS countries made a decision and buhari voiced out against it yet you are already blaming him?

buhari is not responsible for all your life troubles. learn to comment with sense
me I don't understand the reason why other west African countries actually voted on the issue
Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by tsdarkside(m): 9:26am On Dec 18, 2017
baralatie:

the issue is two fold.the fate of western sahara making it a likely proxy battleground affecting movement of trade if it is unresolved.
two,the issue of morroco setting itself up as a proxy EU dump market in the ECOWAS zone

morocco is not part of europe...europeans already said it....why dont you believe it...?....europe already said they dont want morocco to join them....soooo,whats your point...?.....but morocco accepted reality and is trying to return back home...whats wrong about that...?

1 Like

Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by tsdarkside(m): 9:27am On Dec 18, 2017
baralatie:

me I don't understand the reason why other west African countries actually voted on the issue

why shouldnt they...?....
Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by baralatie(m): 9:31am On Dec 18, 2017
tsdarkside:

morocco is not part of europe...europeans already said it....why dont you believe it...?....europe already said they dont want morocco to join them....soooo,whats your point...?.....but morocco accepted reality and is trying to return back home...whats wrong about that...?
morroco is more likely to be the trade conduit for Europe into ECOWAS trade zone.what they have tried with Ghana and did not work and guess the economy they are after

1 Like

Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by baralatie(m): 9:33am On Dec 18, 2017
tsdarkside:

why shouldnt they...?....
the au and ECOWAS have a common stand on the independence of western sahara
Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by RZArecta(m): 9:39am On Dec 18, 2017
tsdarkside:

Let's just pretend you're trying to be a comedian cool
Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by Stingman: 10:04am On Dec 18, 2017
Let them come.

Anything that can reset the brain of Nigeria, is welcome!

1 Like

Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by tsdarkside(m): 10:04am On Dec 18, 2017
baralatie:

the au and ECOWAS have a common stand on the independence of western sahara

i dont know nothing about western sahara....i cant speak about something i dont know.....

1 Like

Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 18, 2017
Morocco will help to expand the Libya slave trade into West Africa grin grin

Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by lereinter(m): 11:34am On Dec 18, 2017
all this your postulation are textbook theory and fears which in real practical sense dont work
one of the objectives of ecowas as learnt in rrgional geography is
free movement of citizen among member countries go ordinary benin rep maybe they go ask for your passport
morocco is just running around lookin for relevance but this is africa
but morocco is funny oh, wanted to join EU now stopp low to join ecowas
Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by lereinter(m): 11:34am On Dec 18, 2017
all this your postulation are textbook theory and fears which in real practical sense dont work
one of the objectives of ecowas as learnt in rrgional geography is
free movement of citizen among member countries go ordinary benin rep maybe they go ask for your passport
morocco is just running around lookin for relevance but this is africa
but morocco is funny oh, wanted to join EU now stopp low to join ecowas
Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by casualobserver1: 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2017
Jaideyone:

Voicing out isn't enough, he should have deployed bribes and anything else. As the president of the country with the most to lose, the buck stops with him.

The Ikoyi loot could have been used to buy the votes of countries like Benin, Niger, Guinea, and other small countries.

This is a strategic disaster for Nigeria and it happened under Buhari's watch. That is the key fact.

3 Likes

Re: The Moroccans Are Coming !!! by cstr1000: 1:04pm On Dec 18, 2017
Bad governance has finished Nigeria. And Buhari allowed this to happen.
He probably saw him as his muslim brother, smh.

Nigerians get ready. The small standard of living you people are enjoying is about to be obliterated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

States That Will Give PMB Another Four Years / Osinbajo Asks UN Security Council To Help Rid Nigeria, Others Of Terrorism / "Roasted Corn Of Electricity", Tinubu Drops Another One.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.