Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,701 members, 7,865,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:29 AM

Pmb And I Only Share One Thing In Common - Ahmed Buhari, Presidential Hopeful - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pmb And I Only Share One Thing In Common - Ahmed Buhari, Presidential Hopeful (483 Views)

Ahmed Buhari Withdraws From 2019 Presidential Race, Declares Support For PMB / Photos From Buhari's Presidential Campaign In Sokoto State / 2019: Buhari Presidential Campaign In Kaduna (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pmb And I Only Share One Thing In Common - Ahmed Buhari, Presidential Hopeful by SharpmindsAC: 12:17pm On Dec 18, 2017
A BRIEF ON THE TOWN HALL MEETING WITH H.E. AHMED BUHARI HELD AT BI-COURTNEY CONFERENCE HALL, MMA2, IKEJA LAGOS ON SATURDAY 16TH DECEMBER, 2017

THE PARTICIPANTS
Being a meeting open to the public, most of the participants who were yet to meet him were curiously eager to see Ahmed Buhari, the youngest presidential aspirant ever in Nigeria, and the African version of Marcron, in person and live.

In a frenzy atmosphere that presented all with a platform to interact with Ahmed Buhari in person, diverse questions were asked by people from various organizations, media outfits and groups, who took time to scrutinize Ahmed Buhari's personality, his aims and objectives, his plans and strategies to execute them to better Nigeria's present woes if given the mandate to saddle the Nigerian boat.

Responding to questions asked in style and in an impressively distinctive manner, Ahmed Buhari highlighted his plans and strategies to execute them around five pillars; Education, Agriculture, Economy, Security and Workable Policies to the satisfaction of all present.

RELATIONSHIP WITH PRESIDENT MUHAMMED BUHARI

"I am Ahmed Buhari from Kontagora, Niger State and I am not related to PMB by blood, it is coincidence that we share the same surname." This was his response to those asking of his connection(s) with President Mohammed Buhari whom he shares his surname with. He further joked that even his own son had at a point asked him whether PMB is his father, just to highlight how many who hear his name might think of their being related by blood.

POLITICAL PLATFORM
The political party that he would run on would be made public in due time but, it is neither APC nor PDP as both parties have disappointed Nigerians over and over again, hence, the need for a new platform. However, the collective work of building structures even to the ward level would not be disrupted as these structures would form the bases for the party when it finally comes.

TIME FOR ACTION!
In a session with the National Executive Council and State Executives later in the day, Mr. Babajide Akin-Thomas, President, Ahmed Buhari Campaign Group nationwide charged all State Executives to keep on the good work as they have been impressive hitherto with evidence of their great works vivid in the reports reaching the NEC from various quarters and the heavy representation of many States at the town hall meeting. He encouraged them to swing to action the more by taking the message to the grassroots in their various states.

His Excellency Ahmed Buhari congratulated the State Executives on their election into office, charging them to make full use of the opportunities presented them to achieve a great fit. He said "...the Nigeria of our Dream project is a collective task that needs all hands on deck, as much as you expect from me good representation and leadership, I also expect your total support and followership in return. By this, there would be a balance and we will be unstoppable!"

The meeting ended with a group photograph and exchange of pleasantries from stakeholders present.

Olanrewaju Ojuoluwa, Youth Advocate, Social Reformer and, Director, Ahmed Buhari Campaign Group, Ekiti Chapter

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Christmas: Osun Govt To Provide Free Transport To Citizens / Fuel Scarcity; A Plague On Nigerians And The Economy / El-Rufai to court: 21,780 teachers already sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.