Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,533 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Imagine If The Europeans Owned Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine If The Europeans Owned Nigeria? (524 Views)

Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? / See The African Map Of Provinces & Kingdoms Before The Invasion Of The Europeans / Just Imagine If This Kind Of Person Slap You!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine If The Europeans Owned Nigeria? by oooduancalmdown: 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2017
Africans are hopeless. We can't seem to do anything right for ourselves. We are indolent and like to procrastinate. We like to defer things; things that need urgent attention. Look at Nigeria. For years now, we have been asking for the country to be restructured, but yet no progress.
September of this year, some Yoruba politians converged on Ibadan to discuss about Nigeria's future. At the end, they agreed to push for regionalism. It's been 3 months since the meeting was held and no progress has been made. In fact, the purpose of the meeting has been forgotten.
Isn't it funny that the regionalism that seem arduous for us was created by the Europeans? Why does a black man find everything hard?
I believe that if the Europeans owned Nigeria, they would have created a working system for her. Either by splitting the country along ethnic lines, or find other ways. In fact, if Nigeria was in Europe, the Yorubas, Igbos, and Hausa won't be under same roof. The Europeans created the right system for Europe, Australia, and the Americas. These are continents we all run to.
Africans must learn to do the right thing. Nobody will develop your continent for you. Time wait for no one
Re: Imagine If The Europeans Owned Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 18, 2017
Despite the fact that u made sense in ur post, ur opening statement spoilt everything.
Re: Imagine If The Europeans Owned Nigeria? by obaaderemi: 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2017
shervydman:
Despite the fact that u made sense in ur post, ur opening statement spoilt everything.
What sense did he make?His assertions are ignorant at worst and completely laughable at best. He likes opening one thread after another just to show his frustration at being an African. He should know that Africa's problems are more intricate than they appear. For us to have even made any headway is a miracle. Left to the machinations of the Europeans, Africa would have been buried by everything bad.
Re: Imagine If The Europeans Owned Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 18, 2017
obaaderemi:
What sense did he make?His assertions are ignorant at worst and completely laughable at best. He likes opening one thread after another just to show his frustration at being an African. He should know that Africa's problems are more intricate than they appear. For us to have even made any headway is a miracle. Left to the machinations of the Europeans, Africa would have been buried by everything bad.
Don't mind me o.....I'm just trying to console him ni. I know he's a frustrated person. He's previous moniker is 'oodualover'. Most of his posts are always about disintegration of the country.

1 Like

Re: Imagine If The Europeans Owned Nigeria? by oooduancalmdown: 2:57pm On Dec 18, 2017
shervydman:

Don't mind me o.....I'm just trying to console him ni. I know he's a frustrated person. He's previous moniker is 'oodualover'. Most of his posts are always about disintegration of the country.
Lols! I am not a frustrated person. I just speak the truth the way I see it. Why can't you refute all what I wrote?
How do you see Nigeria in a 10 years? I know you won't give a sensible answer. And I have told you numerous times that I am not Oodualover
Re: Imagine If The Europeans Owned Nigeria? by oooduancalmdown: 3:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria keep multiplying in population. No plan in place for the unborn. No plan for the future. It is like the country is filled with minions
Re: Imagine If The Europeans Owned Nigeria? by PDJT: 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2017
Majority of Africans are still evolving, albeit painfully slow. And the few who are desperate to make that jump to a real Nationhood are resented, maligned, slaughtered and still blamed for the backwardness of the majority. Take the case of Biafrans for instance. Most Nigerians know that Nigeria isn’t working but they would rather spend their time & efforts pulling the quest to restore Biafra back rather than endeavor to create and build their El Dorado. A case of beating a child and asking him not to cry.
Anybody who thinks Nigeria will ever remotely develop in his lifetime is living in fools paradise.

1 Like

Re: Imagine If The Europeans Owned Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 18, 2017
oooduancalmdown:

Lols! I am not a frustrated person. I just speak the truth the way I see it. Why can't you refute all what I wrote?
How do you see Nigeria in a 10 years? I know you won't give a sensible answer. And I have told you numerous times that I am not Oodualover
The truth is that there's no country in the world without problem/s. It all depends on how each countries curtail their problem/s.

Nigeria's major problem is tribal differences which can be solved without disintegration. Our leaders know this and use it against us for their own scheme, They use religion too. The masses on the other hand are docile, we just follow them dogmatically without questioning their intentions.

If we can tolerate ourselves and leave our tribal and religious differences aside, Nigeria will progress exponentially in the next 10years than it has progressed in the last 20years.

Good for u if u're not oodualover. wink
Re: Imagine If The Europeans Owned Nigeria? by oooduancalmdown: 3:19pm On Dec 18, 2017
PDJT:
Majority of Africans are still evolving, albeit painfully slow. And the few who are desperate to make that jump to a real Nationhood are resented, maligned, slaughtered and still blamed for the backwardness of the majority. Take the case of Biafrans for instance. Most Nigerians know that Nigeria isn’t working but they would rather spend their time & efforts pulling the quest to restore Biafra back rather than endeavor to create and build their El Dorado. A case of beating a child and asking him not to cry.
Anybody who thinks Nigeria will ever remotely develop in his lifetime is living in fools paradise.
Exactly! Unfortunately, when you tell them this, they insult you. The Nigerians that fought and died in the Biafran war died for nothing. Today, there are ethnic clashes everywhere. The country electricity is terrible, people go on because they are owed salaries, health care and education is bad.
Re: Imagine If The Europeans Owned Nigeria? by oooduancalmdown: 3:22pm On Dec 18, 2017
shervydman:

The truth is that there's no country in the world without problem/s. It all depends on how each countries curtail their problem/s.

Nigeria's major problem is tribal differences which can be solved without disintegration. Our leaders know this and use it against us for their own scheme, They use religion too. The masses on the other hand are docile, we just follow them dogmatically without questioning their intentions.

If we can tolerate ourselves and leave our tribal and religious differences aside, Nigeria will progress exponentially in the next 10years than it has progressed in the last 20years.

Good for u if u're not oodualover. wink
Tribalism cannot end in Nigeria. This what we have been saying. The Europeans are aware of this, hence countries were split along ethnic lines.
Re: Imagine If The Europeans Owned Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 18, 2017
oooduancalmdown:

Tribalism cannot end in Nigeria. This what we have been saying. The Europeans are aware of this, hence countries were split along ethnic lines.
Tribalism may not end completely but can be restricted to the minimum level.
Nigeria has three major ethnic groups, Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa. If u look at the three ethnic groups closely, u'll notice that one is more radical than the others, u'll also see that the radical group have lesser educational value than the others.

If the hausas can undergo mass education, their ignorance will be subdued.

There are many countries with many ethnic groups too, not only Nigeria. All we need is just peace n unity.

(1) (Reply)

Military Launch “operation Jagunlabi” To Check Vandalism In Western Waters / Why We Dragged Buhari’s Govt To AU – IPOB / Between Obasanjo,gej And Gmb,who Really Loves Nigeria And Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.