Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ (18211 Views)

Youths Protest With Coffin In Akwa Ibom Over Siege On House Of Assembly (Photos) / Bayelsa Workers Protest With Coffin Against Governor Dickson (Photos) / IPOB Members In Austria Protest With Coffin At British Embassy. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by Nobody: 2:27am On Dec 19, 2017
Wrong fight. Just sad.undecided
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by FamousFamous: 4:32am On Dec 19, 2017
I tire o
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by Nobody: 5:06am On Dec 19, 2017
the dj grin
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by emmie14: 5:06am On Dec 19, 2017
MrHistorian:
Even Adults??

All of a sudden,the people of Rivers are blessed with the gift of foresight to envisage the danger of exploitation by a PetroChemical industry without a compensating benefits to the host communities..

Yet these set of people have turned blind eye to the dollarization of PDP Chairmanship election by their Governor,not even a single display of displeasure.
These people are protesting against exploitation without compensation by the petrochemical companies. Not about your stupid PDP or Nonchalant APC government. Comment accordingly.
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by emmie14: 5:10am On Dec 19, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
Rubbish protest

If you are qualified,you will be employed.
How will you feel if you are employed and can't be transferred, because everyone is claiming my papa land.
Rubbish
Employ them as gardeners. There land is polluted. Only that they lack foresight towards the solution to there plight.
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 19, 2017
Truth be told, the youths in these communities are lazy, they are the ones who sell their slots to strangers, they just want to be collecting pocket money for doing nothing, this model is not sustainable.

Evry December they lay siege on companies demanding gratification for adding no value.

They are so short sighted that they are ready to mortgage their future and their childrens' future for short term gain.

Well thats what they learnt from their dubious chiefs and elders.

The elders are the ones who started mortgaging, their future, if you check well these companies do alot of PR and CSR projects for the communities, but the chiefs and elders and political thugs hijack these funds to themselves.

The youths need to open their eyes and demand for their rights from these elders , chiefs and warlords who are stealing their future and brainwashing them to attack the companies.

Truth be told what ever wealth anyone flaunts in the state is generated by investor companies.

1 Like

Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by dammiecool(m): 5:59am On Dec 19, 2017
Wao great comments so far, I'm glad people now have a better understanding of what is happening cool
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by BruncleZuma: 6:06am On Dec 19, 2017
MrHistorian:
Even Adults??

All of a sudden,the people of Rivers are blessed with the gift of foresight to envisage the danger of exploitation by a PetroChemical industry without a compensating benefits to the host communities..

Yet these set of people have turned blind eye to the dollarization of PDP Chairmanship election by their Governor,not even a single display of displeasure.

http://www.herald.ng/dollarization-apc-primaries-amaehi-vanquished-atiku-saibuhari/

http://punchng.com/amaechi-spent-150m-on-apc-elections-says-wike/

My friend e be like say this your moniker nah durty dem dey use am pack...
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by dingbang(m): 6:11am On Dec 19, 2017
The company is spearheaded by Indians..
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by AdaFonju: 6:19am On Dec 19, 2017
Jesse01:
Ogoni people no get joy at all
Eleme people not Ogoni ppl, I know how many times Eleme pl have corrected me
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 19, 2017
AdaFonju:

Eleme people not Ogoni ppl, I know how many times Eleme pl have corrected me
but dem be Ogoni na, abi dem no be Ogoni?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by ocelot2006(m): 6:49am On Dec 19, 2017
IAmSkinny:
Which kyn music the DJ go the slam self?
How to make money online. Learn
http://www.fototech.com.ng/five-ways-making-money-photography/

One Corner.
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by AdaFonju: 6:52am On Dec 19, 2017
Jesse01:
Dem go say dem no be ogoni but if dem wan fight war dem go involve ogoni ppl, its like itsekiri yoruba situation
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:54am On Dec 19, 2017
emmie14:

Employ them as gardeners. There land is polluted. Only that they lack foresight towards the solution to there plight.

No one owes anybody any employment, very soon you will also tell transport companies to employ them, their land is polluted. Did they tell you ,they don't have staffs from that locality in that company or you don't know this is a staged protest for Christmas gifts.
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:55am On Dec 19, 2017
Jesse01:

Eleme is not Ogoni
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 19, 2017
AdaFonju:

Dem go say dem no be ogoni but if dem wan fight war dem go involve ogoni ppl, its like itsekiri yoruba situation
ok,if u no tell me na I 4 know no, thanks

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 19, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Eleme is not Ogoni
na so person tell me just now, I be no know oo I think say de be Ogoni

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:01am On Dec 19, 2017
Jesse01:
na so person tell me just now, I be no know oo I think say de be Ogoni

They align towards Ogoni, when facing challenge and fight them when the sailing is smooth.
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by emmie14: 7:02am On Dec 19, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

No one owes anybody any employment, very soon you will also tell transport companies to employ them, their land is polluted. Did they tell you ,they don't have staffs from that locality in that company or you don't know this is a staged protest for Christmas gifts.
You just concluded is all about Xmas? Yet they deserve it. Am not from that end ok.
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 19, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
Rubbish protest

If you are qualified,you will be employed.
How will you feel if you are employed and can't be transferred, because everyone is claiming my papa land.
Rubbish
brother no company wants to employ an indigene of that state simply because of their non challant attitude work and in the name of this is my community....you dont want to work yet you expect the company to employ you.....smh
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 19, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

They align towards Ogoni, when facing challenge and fight them when the sailing is smooth.
ok

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:05am On Dec 19, 2017
serialkilla:
brother no company wants to employ an indigene of that state simply because of their non challant attitude work and in the name of this is my community....you dont want to work yet you expect the company to employ you.....smh

I've worked in over 40 communities the south, and this entitlement mentality, because a company is situated in your land needs to be phased out, Nigeria is still a long way off the mark

2 Likes

Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by emmie14: 7:05am On Dec 19, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

That's why they can't make any tangible or sustained headway in their protest because of division even in their bedrooms.
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by emmie14: 7:09am On Dec 19, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

I've worked in over 40 communities the south, and this entitlement mentality, because a company is situated in your land needs to be phased out, Nigeria is still a long way off the mark
You can work in the whole communities in Nigeria. Are you a shoe cobbler or herdsman? FG is not doing enough for them. They deserve better. You must be a Yoruba to subdue this naked truth.
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:11am On Dec 19, 2017
emmie14:

You just concluded is all about Xmas? Yet they deserve it. Am not from that end ok.

Is it this festive period, they remembered they are being exploited, what happened to the courts, industrial unions, MOU ...etc
Look at the whole crowd there, do you think that company can employ everyone.
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by AdaFonju: 7:11am On Dec 19, 2017
Jesse01:
ok,if u no tell me na I 4 know no, thanks
Yea, their language can be classified as ogoniod, and to an extent they are more exposed than the Ogoni people, so most of them especially the younger ones find the comparison belittling
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 19, 2017
AdaFonju:

Yea, their language can be classified as ogoniod, and to an extent they are more exposed than the Ogoni people, so most of them especially the younger ones find the comparison belittling
Ok

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:15am On Dec 19, 2017
emmie14:

You can work in the whole communities in Nigeria. Are you a shoe cobbler or herdsman? FG is not doing enough for them. They deserve better. You must be a Yoruba to subdue this naked truth.

If you talk about the federal government,its understandable , multinationals are limited in what the can do for a comm
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by AdaFonju: 7:18am On Dec 19, 2017
serialkilla:
You people should stop this useless stereotype of Rivers youths and Niger delta youths at large, all over the world its common practice for indigenous quota to be given to the host community, I as a Rivers indegene can't work in Abia, state civil service is a no go area, company positions in private organization are given to igbo people, same thing in the west and in the north, but wen it comes to Rivers state everybody becomes one nigeria and want to use population of their major tribes to hold position in the major companies, then when youths protest you will open your ignorant mouth and say they're lazy, nonsense. ....
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 19, 2017
emmie14:

Dt guy is not Yoruba. You should keep Yoruba out of ur mouth, ur trying too hard.

1 Like

Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by mapet: 8:49am On Dec 19, 2017
MrHistorian:
Even Adults??

When investors shy away from ND......this is one of the reasons
Re: Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ by mapet: 8:53am On Dec 19, 2017
Follysho707:

Mztarstrechy:

'Few individuals can't keep the community in abject poverty, they sale our job opportunities, send the few that are employed home for just no reason and are still oppressing the people, we unanimously say no to that.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/12/eleme-indigenes-protest-exploitation-by.html?m=1

...and you expect them to employ you, abi.. hmm...

I saw that too.......

What do you expect, when apprentice traders (yet to be "settled"wink led the front in the protest. With this kind of tenses you wonder what many of these so-called community youths wants to do in a sophisticated and high-tech driven petrochemical plant

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC NWC FINAL Decisions On Screening Of Kogi Governorship Aspirants / Abdullahi Sule Sacks Tijani Aliyu Over Alleged Fraud / "We No Dey Give Shi Shi In The Mud" - Dipo Awojide Mocks Obidients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.