Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Free Video Programming Methology Lecture From Top University - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Free Video Programming Methology Lecture From Top University (737 Views)

Were Can I Download Free Video Tutorials On Javascript Or Ruby / Were Can I Download Free Video Tutorials On Javascript Or Ruby / Free Video Tutorials @ Www.tya.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Video Programming Methology Lecture From Top University by buyaka2010: 6:43pm On Apr 02, 2010
Abeg my naija programmers. you guys should make us proud by being innovative and developing unique programs. I cant even find naija version of game, web applications or anything of that nature you find in other countries, where are our computer science graduates or all of una dey work for banks and oil companies? Other people are fast outpacing us. Anyways below is the video link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWheM30THaY&NR=1

One love.
Re: Free Video Programming Methology Lecture From Top University by oradilo: 4:00pm On Apr 03, 2010
"Be the change you want to see".

You want innovation, what stops you from taking the initiative? Its true that we are not doing enough here in Nigeria, but we cannot move forward unless we stop talking and take some bold steps. Please do not be too quick to condemn CS departments in Nigeria. Examine yourself, if you are not a cs student/graduate, what innovations have you contributed to your field? You should know that computer science is an abstract discipline and what is taught in universities are concepts like automata and complexity, computer architecture, discreet mathematics, etc. I can assure you that we are making some progress, though slow. With strong will and passion from Nigerians like you, we can compete with and beat our counterparts from America, Europe and Asia.

"Look inwards, you will get everything you really desire"
Re: Free Video Programming Methology Lecture From Top University by buyaka2010: 4:17pm On Apr 03, 2010
Correct oradilo . I like guys like you with foresight and great insight and thanks for calling me out. We need such motivation, positive and critical thinking from people like you. Thanks for your indepth analysis. However in regards to my field, i just started taking a degree in Informatics. what i have come to realise is that is not only what we learn in school that matters but the way we think, explore and encompass it into our field. I think if we start thinking outside the box, we can do anything and compete as you said with anyone. Thanks my brother for you honest input. Happy Easter
Re: Free Video Programming Methology Lecture From Top University by oradilo: 8:13pm On Apr 03, 2010
Thanks buyaka2010.

Thinking outside the box, beyond what we are taught in our schools. The desire for innovation--- That's what we need to drive Africa. We need to motivate ourselves. I believe most of us in this forum are youths, hence we are the strength of Nigeria (physically and mentally). We need to take this nation to great heights through innovative discoveries not only by talking about it, but also by doing. And we don't have to wait for our leaders, they've not helped us very much. Just like we've been doing in this forum, we have been sharing our thoughts and ideas. I want us to take this further. I propose that we put our intellects together to develop an innovative software, maybe an operating system for Nigeria. Let us form a community of developers and do something great.

I solicit for ideas. Let us suggest what we think we can develop, create a plan for it and build it. What do u guys think about an operating system (maybe a unix/linux distribution develop by Nigerian community)? I'm also thinking about other ideas. Please feel free to suggest, then we can all agree on one project at the end of the day.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need A Website In Nigeria? / What Have Learn As A Php Beginner Online. / Advantages Of Scripting Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.