Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) (32732 Views)

Norway Players Protest Against Human Rights Abuse In Qatar (Photos) / We Are Not Taking A Knee Anymore - Angry EPL Players Protest! / Katsina United Players Undergoing Medicals (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by intruxive(m): 3:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
Wike has used their money to bribe pdp delegates in Abuja to vote in secondus as chairman
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by almarthins(m): 3:45pm On Dec 19, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
The same people calling Buhari a Tyrant! Hypocrites!

Shebi una see am now grin
All of them na the same
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by etsuidris(m): 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2017
I just no fit play ball for Nigeria

Abeg. someone should help me to complete my acceptance fee money I beg you. HND federal poly Bida. 07068747934.
thanks
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by anonimi: 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
christejames:
This is disappointing! I thought our league has gone beyond that stage where players cry for their salaries and allowances to be paid. Why is the almighty Rivers state pulling us behind on our quest of making a global league?
What baffles me is that this clubside is an almagem of two great clubs in the state to make management easier but still so much bottlenecks is hindering its growth.

I hope the government lives up to their word.

Which government?
The one that Wike leads to Spain to watch Barcelona instead of paying the salaries of his own players at home?
Yet he will join others to shout buy Nigerian to make the Naira great!
Shameless fools hailed by their deprived citizens.

Mztarstrechy:
THE PROCESS TO SET UP AN INTERNATIONAL  FOOTBALL ACADEMY IN RIVERS STATE  IN CONJUNCTION WITH REAL MADRID STARTS  IN EARNEST

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, Sports Commissioner, Boma Iyaye and former Nigerian International, Adokiye Amasiemaka are in Madrid for the agreement signing ceremony  scheduled for next Monday.

Yesterday, Governor Wike and his delegation were at the Wanda Metropolitano stadium to witness the League Match between Athletico Madrid and Barcelona.

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/6108399_fbimg1508054196271_jpeg3e95b180532f2be5ba2b3267554ff8c6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916464_img1218_jpeg869064c69e3965560ae57d6aeb37a7f2

3 Likes

Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by anochuko01(m): 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
MicheyJ1:
Na so we dey do for naija. After making mouth and protesting when we see the people responsible for our problems we prostrate and hail them.
lol. Yoruba say ''respect a mad man so he can leave you alone''
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by almarthins(m): 3:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
Evablizin:
undecided

And how does this your comment relate to this news ?

Ogirl ! E relate well well.wike can't tell me he doesn't know. Look at those player on their bellies to wike the demi-god.if na buhari now, all hell go break .
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by anonimi: 3:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
intruxive:
Wike has used their money to bribe pdp delegates in Abuja to vote in secondus as chairman

The same way that AmaeTHIEF used their money to bribe delegates at the December 2014 nomination convention for barawo bubu

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3483217_amaechidollarisation_jpegb5e0800e024c28f6be3bb816a31e3e74

2 Likes

Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by muller101(m): 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
[s]
NgeneUkwenu:
[/s] risky the bob
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by Chukazu: 3:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
Monkey dey work, baboon with pot belly dey chop

If he can't pay them why not disbanded the team?

I just know why Nigerian state governments think it's of necessity to own football club when they can't pay the players?
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by braxjay(m): 4:03pm On Dec 19, 2017
One of the major problem in Nigeria is that everything is somehow left for the government to handle.
Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester Clubs, Barcelona Etc are not owned by governmental bodies but by individuals.

i may be wrong in some assumptions but if individuals NOT state can own and manage clubs and make it independent of the state,
maybe just maybe the Nigerian league will become more interesting because there will be real scout for talent not the politics that goes on currently.

and things like this would not be happening.

my words not copied.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by Kobicove(m): 4:03pm On Dec 19, 2017
People prostrating to beg for salary they earned?

No wonder Africa is still far behind other continents undecided
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by nnachukz(m): 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
Previous administration owed them not the present administration.
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by Whizkay(m): 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2017
This is really sad! They must have switched their strategy cos they realized that they had no choice.
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by Bluffly: 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
braxjay:
One of the major problem in Nigeria is that everything is somehow left for the government to handle.
Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester Clubs, Barcelona Etc are not owned by governmental bodies but by individuals.

i may be wrong in some assumptions but if individuals NOT state can own and manage clubs and make it independent of the state,
maybe just maybe the Nigerian league will become more interesting because there will be real scout for talent not the politics that goes on currently.

and things like this would not be happening.

my words not copied.
Unfortunately, football isn't lucrative in Nigeria for the rich. The clubs are not financially innovative, lack social and corporate branding. Hence they are in a mess compared to the likes of foreign clubs
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by olufemi247(m): 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2017
[quote author=nairavsdollars post=63423320]That is why Nigerian Football league remain in shambles. You cant see this kind of thing in Zambia[/quote

how do you know that...
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by Simpledude0847(m): 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2017
These thieves in Government have turned themselves to gods to be worshipped. No wonder those closer to them fail to tell them the truth. They have got deflated egos that need to be massaged.
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by lost24: 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2017
Look people dat want to return to power.

How der treat people

Fayose banker kneel down and beg him
River prayer lay down to beg him

PDP is not a party dat RESPECT it people ooo

U can't challenge ur leader.

imagine
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by Metrofox(m): 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2017
there's something wrong with the black man
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by hopilo: 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2017
Ameachi ate their money be that. Since 2014/15 season and he was busy funding APC

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by MONITZ: 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
Anybody that denies a worker his/wages is not fit to exist..
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by gurunlocker: 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

I'm sure you didn't read the article, you only read the headline. Money was owed by the previous administration (Ameachi)...
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by ideologies(m): 5:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
pls who was the gov in 2014 hahhahaaha

NgeneUkwenu:

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by Akolawole(m): 6:01pm On Dec 19, 2017
nairavsdollars:
That is why Nigerian Football league remain in shambles. You cant see this kind of thing in Zambia
Which Zambia? The same Zambia!
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by Nigeriadondie: 7:30pm On Dec 19, 2017
What form of modern slavery in one’s own country is this? You work and are owed salaries that is due to you which should never happen in d first place. Now u requested for what is due to you, now it becomes trouble.

Where are those patriotic baboons led by Pidgin2 and her deputy Amya so-called agents of change come and change this embarrassment. What needs to be seen is not empty talk of changing d country online. What needs to be seen is reality.

U wud insult those who sought greener pastures as second class citizens in a foreign land, yet no Nigerian who are second class citizens can ever get this humiliating treatment there.
Oponnu tongue
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
You work and are owed salaries that is due to you which should never happen in d first place.

I am an unpatriotic baboon and i honor my master Pidgin2 and her deputy Amya i am their slave and follower my life is frustrated as i am an illegal immigrant in Norway with no food to eat, i wish i can return to Nigeria but i dont have passport so please help me

I wud insult those who are citizens in a Nigeria because i am frustrated as i cant return yet, i am a second class citizen in Norway and I am humiliated here.
I am an Oponnu tongue

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by Rekyz(m): 8:29pm On Dec 19, 2017
deebrain:
I hated Amaechi but Wike is likely the worst thing to have happened to Rivers state.
Didn't u read d part that says ''they were owed by the past administration''?
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by Lorenzop: 11:01pm On Dec 19, 2017
This is why these fuuls will continue to embezzle funds are some idiats will still see them as demigods....Your salaries or sign on fees are your rights, Wike is just a servant that's suppose pay you guys your entitlement, why prostrate to beg for what is rightfully yours....Smh, poverty is indeed terrible
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by Figger(m): 11:16pm On Dec 19, 2017
Divinehenrich:
From protest to prostrating
Protesting to prostrating..Lol.
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by braxjay(m): 9:19am On Dec 20, 2017
Bluffly:

Unfortunately, football isn't lucrative in Nigeria for the rich. The clubs are not financially innovative, lack social and corporate branding. Hence they are in a mess compared to the likes of foreign clubs

i completely agree but these are things that can be worked on.
if invested in it, it will become exciting.

if players are well paid and they got all that swag like the Nigerian musicians, going to watch a match will be like going for a concert.

Henry is in Lagos and see how all the stars are trying to get a pic.

only problem i see is the Nigerian factor for instance to give the licence for individuals to own and manage these clubs without government interference would be a big deal.
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 29, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
What form of modern slavery in one’s own country is this? You work and are owed salaries that is due to you which should never happen in d first place. Now u requested for what is due to you, now it becomes trouble.

Where are those patriotic baboons led by Pidgin2 and her deputy Amya so-called agents of change come and change this embarrassment. What needs to be seen is not empty talk of changing d country online. What needs to be seen is reality.

U wud insult those who sought greener pastures as second class citizens in a foreign land, yet no Nigerian who are second class citizens can ever get this humiliating treatment there.
Oponnu tongue

You don't need to insult others to get your point across, your view doesn't have to be my views except you have other unresolved issues going on in you. You live your life and stop harrasing others with different views
Re: Rivers United Players Protest; Prostrate To Beg Wike (Photos) by Nigeriadondie1: 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2017
Pidgin2:

You don't need to insult others to get your point across, your view doesn't have to be my views except you have other unresolved issues going on in you. You live your life and stop harrasing others with different views

I think u should first heed that advice before u re in a position to tell others to do same.
If u ve followed my comments u wud see an established pattern of never being the one to fire the first shot. I never always insult people but wud readily fire back in quick succession.
I realize that fact which u ve consistently failed to realize that we can never ever see eye to eye on all issues. With different background, personal preferences, experiences, level of exposure and orientation we are bound to never think same all d time.

More the so, I am living my life as u said and harass no one. It is u who should harass no one cos complaints ve been made about ur repeated insults on people with differing opinions.

Anyway welcome back from your ban as I was waiting to get to see u come back.
How d fuel scarcity for ur end? No lie.
Above all, face reality stop living in denial or delusion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Friday Njengo Is Dead (Golden Eaglet) / Marc Batchelor Shot Dead In Johannesburg / Why None Of Europe's Top Teams Want Ronaldo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.