Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Say No To The Withrawal Of #365b From The Eca - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say No To The Withrawal Of #365b From The Eca (329 Views)

Withdrawal Of $1bn From ECA Exposed Tinubu, Amaechi, El-Rufai - Reno Omokri / CBN Data Proves Amaechi Lied Against Johnathan On ECA / Nnamdi Kanu Hosted By The Eastern Consultative Assembly (ECA) In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Say No To The Withrawal Of #365b From The Eca by Opinedecandid(m): 1:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
Something very common amongst African Leaders and leaders of developing countries is the fact that more often than not, they don't willingly do the right thing, once they set their minds to do the wrong thing, it will take the objection and rejection of the citizens for them to rescind their decision.
Sadly too, other level leaders that surround the head are either  afraid to advise him or are selfish and will only sanction such wrong decisions because their ulterior motives would be met.
Whichever way, since these leaders are representatives of the people, the people should have, and thus have a say in the decisions that bother on their rule.

If so whopping #365 billion naira is to be taken from the ECA, they are few other aspects of the economy that should be addressed, which, when addressed will harvest the effect of truly fighting insecurity in the country, not just boko haram, but insecurity generally: insurgency, criminality, illiteracy, even death.

‎EDUCATION
100 billion set aside for educational purposes: research, technology, etc will be better than BH.

PETROLEUM
Another 100 billion used to fix our refineries will reduce queues at gas stations and end indiscriminate price hikes of the products

POWER
Brothers and sisters, did they put a curse on Nigeria that the day we enjoy 12 hours power supply, let alone 24hours, we will seize to remain a single country?
I think no!
Let them take 100b into the sector to improve the living condition of Nigerians and cause our businesses to strive.

ROAD
As yearly, by the end of December, 2017 over 100 persons would have died on Nigerian roads alone.
Most of the Federal roads in the Country are dead traps.
Take the remaining 65 billion, in fact take more than that, 100 or even 200 billion, put it in our roads to stop deaths, rural-urban migration and encourage free movement, circulation and distribution of goods and services.

Nigerians, I urge you all to give this objection the highest publicity ever, so our leaders will have a 'change' of mind from the apparent wrong to the desired right.

Edited: (This is not about party. I don't care for PDP or APC, let's care for Nigeria).
Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Thought I Was 74 But Was Told I’m 75 –buhari / Press Release December 28, 2017 *fuel Crisis: Saraki Directs Senate Committe / Nigeria Fuel Crisis: Black Market Thrives As Price Rises (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.