Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,310 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed (1317 Views)

NASS Puts Lagos-Ibadan Road Reconstruction On Hold, Dumps N135bn Request / The True State Of Apapa Wharf Road (photos And Video) / After The Rain Comes A Floody Apapa-Wharf Road - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by deji17: 3:06pm On Dec 19, 2017
Apapa-Wharf Road reconstruction only 10% completed

Posted By: Agency Reporter On: December 19, 2017

The Apapa-Wharf Road reconstruction in Lagos State has achieved only 10 per cent completion, an official of the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing ( FMPWH ), has said.

Mrs Olukorede Keisha, an FMPWH engineer supervising the project, said on Tuesday at the project site that presence of gas pipes and other public utilities in the road’s Right of Way ( RoW ) delayed the project execution.

The engineer said that the contractors handling the project had, however, resolved the problem.

Keisha said that 200 metres of concrete road and 230 metres of drains had been constructed on section one of the project.

“The project is about 10 per cent completed; we finished 230 metres of drain and 200 metres of concrete road on section one.

“We have about four layers of road to make the pavement rigid; the road thickness is 600mm,’’ she said.

She said that the project had four sections.

Keisha told NAN that a design alteration was done to take care of the gas pipelines in the RoW of the road so as to meet the completion date of June 2018.

“There is no need to relocate the pipelines again; the pipes are encased. We had to redesign in order to safeguard the pipes for work to continue.

“It is a shift in alignment, we shifted it forward,’’ she said.

She said that the redesign gave the opportunity for deep excavation to lay a solid foundation for a durable concrete road.

On potholes on some portions of the highway, Keisha said that rehabilitation work had begun on the bad portions.

According to Keisha, the ministry will use the Christmas holiday to take care of the most critical portions on the reconstruction zone and other roads in Apapa.

NAN reports that some rolling machines were being used to compact construction materials on about 500 metres stretch of the road on the Ijora/CMS Carriageway.

The machines were compacting soil-based materials to connect to a concrete section of the road.

Meanwhile, some of the road users have appealed for speedy completion of the project.

A food vendor, Mrs Kaka Kolo, appealed to the Federal Government to increase funding for road repair in Apapa.

“Trailers are the ones spoiling the road always. The best thing is for government to give contractors more money to repair roads.

“Government should not wait for potholes to get big and trailers start falling before it does something,’’ she said.

Also, Mallam Awal Usman, a truck driver, called for repair of all bad roads on the axis.

He urged collaboration of all government agencies to end gridlock in Apapa.

Usman, however, praised traffic managers for checking traffic offences compounding gridlock on the axis.

Another truck driver, Mr Odu Nwoye, told NAN that the efforts of traffic managers had reduced accidents caused by bad roads and reckless driving on the axis.

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, on June 17 signed a N4.34 billion Memorandum of Understanding ( MoU ) with AG Dangote Construction Company Ltd. and some other stakeholders for the reconstruction of the four-kilometre Apapa-Wharf Road.

The project is being funded by AG Dangote Construction Company Ltd, the Nigerian Ports Authority ( NPA ) and Flour Mills of Nigeria.

http://thenationonlineng.net/apapa-wharf-road-reconstruction-10-completed/

1 Share

Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by Okoroawusa: 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2017
My president is working

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by ProWalker: 3:19pm On Dec 19, 2017
Successive govt have left Apapa to rot away, until the Buhari govt and AG Dangote (one of the culprits) decided to do something.
God punish PDP, they messed up and abandoned Apapa, but thank God that the state government did the Central-North Avenue-Maybin alternative road.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by deji17: 3:24pm On Dec 19, 2017
ProWalker:
Successive govt have left Apapa to rot away, until the Buhari govt and AG Dangote (one of the culprits) decided to do something.
God punish PDP, they messed up and abandoned Apapa, but thank God that the state government did the Central-North Avenue-Maybin alternative road.

16 wasted years under PDP. Thank God for Change!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by serverconnect(m): 3:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
deji17:

16 wasted years under PDP. Thank God for Change!

CHANGE KO CHANGE NIL
Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by deji17: 3:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
serverconnect:

CHANGE KO CHANGE NIL

What do you call a road that was abandoned for 16 years but now getting repaired? I understand that to you, change means the sharing of money among few PDP party faithfuls and crumb catchers.
Wake up and smell the coffee. Change is here..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by erunz(m): 3:52pm On Dec 19, 2017
Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by ProWalker: 4:12pm On Dec 19, 2017

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by erunz(m): 4:14pm On Dec 19, 2017
ProWalker:

At a cost to FG...not for free.
I just posted my source , can i see yours

1 Like

Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by ProWalker: 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
erunz:
I just posted my source , can i see yours

I don't need to post something that is widely known

1 Like

Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by deji17: 4:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
erunz:
http://www.pulse.ng/news/local/dangote-to-extend-construction-of-apapa-wharf-road-fashola-id7321090.html

http://leadership.ng/2017/06/19/fg-dangote-fmn-sign-mou-repair-apapa-wharf-road/

This road is being constructed by Dangote and not Buhari.

Govt provides the enabling environment for private businesses like that of Dangote and Flour Mills (the big users of the road) to thrive.
Moreover, FG provided the cost for the design, estimate and supervision for the project.
If the FG input on these projects were that easy to figure out and achieve, I believe that the previous vision less and wasteful Govt might have achieved the same feet.
Give honour to whom its due. Buhari is providing the right kind of leadership that is leading to the delivery of project like this...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by erunz(m): 9:48am On Dec 20, 2017
deji17:

Govt provides the enabling environment for private businesses like that of Dangote and Flour Mills (the big users of the road) to thrive.
Moreover, FG provided the cost for the design, estimate and supervision for the project.
If the FG input on these projects were that easy to figure out and achieve, I believe that the previous vision less and wasteful Govt might have achieved the same feet.
Give honour to whom its due. Buhari is providing the right kind of leadership that is leading to the delivery of project like this...
I see it more as a Corporate Social Responsibility from Dangote. This have nothing to Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:08am On Dec 20, 2017
erunz:
I see it more as a Corporate Social Responsibility from Dangote. This have nothing to Buhari.

So the 2Billion contributed by the NPA Is from Nnamdi KANU? The tax relief granted to Dangote to enable contribute to the construction of the road is being done by Jonathan?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by commoditiesnig: 10:36am On Dec 20, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

So the 2Billion contributed by the NPA Is from Nnamdi KANU? The tax relief granted to Dangote to enable contribute to the construction of the road is being done by Jonathan?
Good enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by xlander(m): 10:50am On Dec 20, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by KwoiZabo(m): 11:37am On Dec 20, 2017
ProWalker:
Stop talking like a fool. If Buhari does 20% of what GEJ did on that axis in 5 yrs then that road will not be in the news. Dangote is doing FG's job and you guys are talking thrash. We that use that road often can tell you.
Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by ProWalker: 11:42am On Dec 20, 2017
KwoiZabo:
[s]Stop talking like a fool. If Buhari does 20% of what GEJ did on that axis in 5 yrs then that road will not be in the news. Dangote is doing FG's job and you guys are talking thrash. We that use that road often can tell you[/s].

You are the fool here!
Tell me what GEJ did on the axis or get the hell out of my mention.
Fool!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by KwoiZabo(m): 12:02pm On Dec 20, 2017
ProWalker:

You are the fool here!
Tell me what GEJ did on the axis or get the hell out of my mention.
Fool!
Go and read Fashola's statement. He said the contract will be given to Dangote excluding the 7km that has been done. That was done by GEJ including a trailer park at Liverpool. So far this Govt. has done nothing and Dangote and Flour mills has not done up to 2km. This is fact. Give me your facts.

1 Like

Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by yaki84: 12:06pm On Dec 20, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

messis, u r 50+ in age, nnaamdi na 30+ in age n that small boy is ur role model that u just cant stop talking abt?

U r a big disgrace to womanhood.

Abeg go for spiritual cleansing n maybe some prophetic slaps.
Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by ProWalker: 12:09pm On Dec 20, 2017
KwoiZabo:
Go and read Fashola's statement. He said the contract will be given to Dangote excluding the 7km that has been done. That was done by GEJ including a trailer park at Liverpool. So far this Govt. has done nothing and Dangote and Flour mills has not done up to 2km. This is fact. Give me your facts.

You don’t know what you are taking about

The trailer park that have been abandoned by contractors for the past 4 years or the Cele to Mile 2 road abandoned for the past 6 years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by deji17: 12:21pm On Dec 20, 2017
erunz:
Because you dislike Buhari does not take away his contribution towards this. If it is that easy, past admin would have done it through Dangote or anybody else.
Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by KwoiZabo(m): 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2017
ProWalker:

You don’t know what you are taking about

The trailer park that have been abandoned by contractors for the past 4 years or the Cele to Mile 2 road abandoned for the past 6 years
The trailer park is complete but cannot be used until the Liverpool end of the road is fixed. GEJ built from cele to Westminster. Buhari has done nothing.
Re: Apapa-wharf Road Reconstruction Only 10% Completed by mapet: 7:27am On Dec 21, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

erunz: :

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Madam,

You no go kill pesin!!!!! Why are you making him look "sincerely daft"

grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Screenshot Flashback! A Nairalander's Warning About Buhari And Possible Violence / Cattle Breeders Ready To Pay All Levies, Taxes To Anambra Govt – Chairman / Lawmaker Accused Of Firing Aid Who Refused To Kiss Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.