Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque (25615 Views)

BMW X7 SUV Debuts In Nigeria (Photos) / Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque / Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by twilliamx(m): 7:31am On Dec 20, 2017
Land wind looks better...

1 Like

Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by Ibj50(m): 7:33am On Dec 20, 2017
Aldebaran:

Ford are the Judas
Americans are known for that... grin
your moniker got my attention, you seen black bullet?
Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by AnthonyAk(m): 7:39am On Dec 20, 2017
stop it range rover envogue is not $68k , not even half that these days
Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by engrchykae(m): 7:44am On Dec 20, 2017
nonxo007:
Chinese law pretty much always sides with Chinese business where there’s money to be made.

Complete opposite of Nigeria
because China is owned by the Chinese while Nigeria is owned by the imperialists and would only serve foreign interests
Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by Aldebaran(m): 7:45am On Dec 20, 2017
Ibj50:
your moniker got my attention, you seen black bullet?

No ...
Got mine from a star... grin

Aldebaran is an orange giant star located about 65 light years from the Sun in the zodiac constellation of Taurus. It is the brightest star in its constellation and usually the fourteenth-brightest star in the nighttime sky,

2 Likes

Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by richeeyo(m): 7:48am On Dec 20, 2017
soberdrunk:
Walahi they practically 'photocopied' the Range Rover, i think its time i start saving money for a Landwind and when i buy it i will just contact my panelbeater to do "name change" and small "upgrade" so i can intimidate my opposition...... angry
Bros if you won buy logo for hood and steering wheel
Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 20, 2017
wife jams sidechick grin
Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by Chukazu: 8:01am On Dec 20, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
All automobile coys copy each other these days. This is why I'll continue to respect Volvo for sticking to its style and class.

cheesy

The same VOLVO that has been bought over by the Chinese...
Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by vertueptime: 8:11am On Dec 20, 2017
Same thing innoson is doing
Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by Chartey(m): 8:15am On Dec 20, 2017
festwiz:
China sides with their home based manufacturers. Nigeria views all home based products as fake and deals with foreign businesses. TSTV vs DSTV comes to mind.
Except that TSTV was a scam right from time and had issues with other people aside Multichoice like BeIn Sports. You can't expect the government to support thievery.

1 Like

Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by BruncleZuma: 8:16am On Dec 20, 2017
As the person above me said I call BS on this story but then again China is a huge country and anything is possible.
Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by festwiz(m): 8:23am On Dec 20, 2017
Chartey:

Except that TSTV was a scam right from time and had issues with other people aside Multichoice like BeIn Sports. You can't expect the government to support thievery.
Yare Yare,

How much money did Tstv steal from you? I understand that they never took off but i fail to see whose money was stolen. We failed to encourage the attempt, we pronounced it dead on arrival and now that it has failed/failing, i fail to see how they scammed you.
Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by GenOrumov: 8:28am On Dec 20, 2017
festwiz:
China sides with their home based manufacturers. Nigeria views all home based products as fake and deals with foreign businesses. TSTV vs DSTV comes to mind.
I totally agree with you that the government always favours foreign businesses over home based ones which isn't right but in the case of TSTV, the government gave them support e.g the tax break. Therefore the analogy you used is wrong. The right analogy should have been the purchase of Toyota e.t.c over Innoson.

TSTV's inadequacies or incompetence shouldn't be blamed on government but on the populace that over hyped them all in a bid to kill DSTV. That's not how business is done. Competition is good, it's left to TSTV to distinguish itself and warm it's way into our homes.

1 Like

Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by ceaser500: 8:36am On Dec 20, 2017
Automotive1:
[img]http:///a/img924/6623/eI2tvJ.jpg[/img]

[img]http:///a/img923/4127/57cckn.jpg[/img]

Talk about accidentally meeting your lookalike.The notoriously famous $19,600 Landwind X7 from China based Jiangling Motor company finally met its twin, the $68,000 Range Rover Evoque, though in a rather unforeseen circumstance. Reports suggest that a red Jiangling Landwind X7 and a red Range Rover Evoque brushed against each other in the city of Chongqing, China.

[img]https:///a/img922/2656/YaDZW8.jpg[/img]

The crash itself wasn’t very serious.Nobody got hurt and the cars were only slightly damaged. Police decided that the driver of the Landwind X7 was to blame, and his insurance will have to cover the costs.

Well, at least the Range Rover won this battle.

Court Case
[img]http:///a/img923/8365/exZl91.jpg[/img]

The Landwind X7 came in news after Jaguar Land Rover filed a copyright infringement case against the chinese automobile manufacturer.But the chinese court declared both company’s (JLR and Jiangling) patents as invalid.

Chinese law pretty much always sides with Chinese business where there’s money to be made

Owners
Landwind is a Chinese car maker jointly owned by Jiangling Motors and Changan Auto, coincidentally both joint venture are partners of Ford,with Jiangling-Ford and Changan-Ford respectively.

Ford owned Land Rover until 2008 when they sold it on to the TATA conglomerate of India.

What are your views on this incident and Who do think is the real Judas or traitor in this copyright infringement case?

Source https://autojosh.com/moment-19600-landwind-x7a-chinese-clone-crashed-68000-range-rover-evoque/

And this made front page.
Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by festwiz(m): 8:36am On Dec 20, 2017
GenOrumov:

I totally agree with you that the government always favours foreign businesses over home based ones which isn't right but in the case of TSTV, the government gave them support e.g the tax break. Therefore the analogy you used is wrong. The right analogy should have been the purchase of Toyota e.t.c over Innoson.

TSTV's inadequacies or incompetence shouldn't be blamed on government but on the populace that over hyped them all in a bid to kill DSTV. That's not how business is done. Competition is good, it's left to TSTV to distinguish itself and warm it's way into our homes.
I agree with you. A tax free operation was really a good move by the FGN. If this same generosity is extended to a host of other business in Nigeria, we could slowly achieve a self sustaned economy.
Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by Vivere: 9:19am On Dec 20, 2017
AnthonyAk:
stop it range rover envogue is not $68k , not even half that these days
Are you talking about brand new or Tokunbo? Base model or top-of-the-range?

1 Like

Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by baddosky1: 9:41am On Dec 20, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
All automobile coys copy each other these days. This is why I'll continue to respect Volvo for sticking to its style and class.

I swear. Volvo is just one car that stands out. Give it up to the Swedes.
Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by buzzcypha(m): 10:29am On Dec 20, 2017
toboski1:

Even Mercedes Benz copy too?
So u no kw?
Benz gle 63 coup copied the BMW X6
Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by salesforce: 11:19am On Dec 20, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by DrChatNuff: 12:16pm On Dec 20, 2017
Accidental OR intentional.....seems like a S T U N T to me......
Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by olmoRoc: 1:03pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hmm! In my own point of view, the driver of the Rover was at fault. However, the insurance company will cover the damages, so it doesn't really matter.
Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by Chartey(m): 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2017
festwiz:
Yare Yare,

How much money did Tstv steal from you? I understand that they never took off but i fail to see whose money was stolen. We failed to encourage the attempt, we pronounced it dead on arrival and now that it has failed/failing, i fail to see how they scammed you.
They stole content from BeIN and intended to sell the stolen content before they were caught after which they shamelessly chose to blame a supposed "cabal".

1 Like

Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by festwiz(m): 1:32pm On Dec 20, 2017
Chartey:

They stole content from BeIN and intended to sell the stolen content before they were caught after which they shamelessly chose to blame a supposed "cabal".
Question avoided.
Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by jonnyjustcome22: 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2017
China and copy cat be like bread and butter.
Re: Moment $19k Landwind X7,a Chinese Clone Crashed Into A $68k Range Rover Evoque by AnthonyAk(m): 4:22pm On Dec 20, 2017
Vivere:

Are you talking about brand new or Tokunbo? Base model or top-of-the-range?

Brand new envogue is around 50k. Can even see it as cheap as 25k up here. And this is on the Canadian west coast. In Yankee it will be 5 to 10k less

Basically it's a toy Range Rover sport

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota / How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) / 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.