Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,567 members, 7,816,392 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

2019: I Will Not Run For President – Governor Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: I Will Not Run For President – Governor Obiano (573 Views)

Governor Obiano Visits Bridge Head Onitsha. Expresses Dissatisfaction (Pictures) / Christian Votes Will Make Atiku President~Governor Wike / I Will Replace Buhari As Nigeria’s President – Governor Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: I Will Not Run For President – Governor Obiano by mzirawo: 4:09am On Dec 20, 2017
2019: I WILL NOT RUN FOR PRESIDENT – GOVERNOR OBIANO
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/12/anambra-state-governor-chief-willie.html

Anambra State governor, Chief Willie Obiano, has said that he will not contest the 2019 presidential election as earlier speculated.
He said the report that he would contest the election against President Muhammadu Buhari was speculative and far away from the truth.
Report had emerged last week that Obiano would contest the 2019 Presidential election on the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, after the party’s Publicity Secretary, Barr Ifeatu Obi-Okoye, had hinted that the party would not make the mistake of the past by not fielding a presidential candidate in 2019.
Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, In a press release signed by James Eze, Senior Special Assistant to Governor Obiano on Media said, “Our attention has been drawn to some speculative reports in the media alleging that the Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano may run for the office of the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the coming 2019 elections.
“We hereby refute the said reports as totally untrue, false and misleading. Governor Obiano has no intention of running for president.”
The statement said that after recording a historic victory at the November 18, 2017 gubernatorial election in which Anambra people gave him overwhelming mandate, Obiano was totally committed to initiating new revolutionary projects rather than vying for president.
Eze also added that Obiano will transform the state and justify the people’s confidence in his second term in office, and would be too occupied to seek the office of president.
It stated that, “Consequently, all reports about the likelihood of Governor Obiano running for president in 2019 are a manifestation of speculation carried too far and have no shred of truth to them.
“We therefore urge the general public to disregard these reports in their entirety as they are totally false.”

Re: 2019: I Will Not Run For President – Governor Obiano by havilahconsults: 4:12am On Dec 20, 2017
I am happy about your decision, but please, stick to it
Re: 2019: I Will Not Run For President – Governor Obiano by teemanbastos(m): 4:21am On Dec 20, 2017
Nigeria Political Scene has this kind of aura of rotating from Governorship to Senate To Being a Minister and again lobbying for presidency,
Obiano that just got re-elected being touted for presidency again?
Thank God he denied it sha.
Re: 2019: I Will Not Run For President – Governor Obiano by Alexanderbells2: 5:05am On Dec 20, 2017
mzirawo:
, “Our attention has been drawn to some speculative reports in the media alleging that the Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano may run for the office of the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the coming 2019 elections.
“We hereby refute the said reports as totally untrue, false and misleading. Governor Obiano has no intention of running for president.”

“We therefore urge the general public to disregard these reports in their entirety as they are totally false.”

This one cracked me up.

Mehn, who and who speculated? Or did he just have a dream where he saw himself campaigning?

Obiano nah dreamer!

1 Like

Re: 2019: I Will Not Run For President – Governor Obiano by tchimatic(m): 6:03am On Dec 20, 2017
Bia nwoke Aguleri... mmaaa gi ula ehhh ije nodu ana. Mumu
Re: 2019: I Will Not Run For President – Governor Obiano by agwom(m): 6:05am On Dec 20, 2017
Re: 2019: I Will Not Run For President – Governor Obiano by Hisxellency: 6:25am On Dec 20, 2017
No need running for presidency!! concentrate on your state for now and deliver,your works in the state will surely speak for you when the time comes
Re: 2019: I Will Not Run For President – Governor Obiano by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 20, 2017
angry

∆ You no fit win before.. So don't bother yourself... ∆

1 Like

Re: 2019: I Will Not Run For President – Governor Obiano by Papanwamaikpe: 6:46am On Dec 20, 2017
Re: 2019: I Will Not Run For President – Governor Obiano by chibuzorAbia: 7:24am On Dec 20, 2017
And who go vote this ugwu exporter?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Police Deploys Special Team And Equipment To Benue, Rivers Over Killings / Buhari Govt's Ajaokuta-abuja-kaduna-kano Gas Pipeline Project Is Uneconomical / President Buhari’s Son, Yusuf To Be Transferred To Germany Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.