Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

2019 Election At A Glance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election At A Glance (385 Views)

Uche Nwosu Withdraws Case Against Ihedioha’s Election At Supreme Court / Man Prays Against Buhari's Victory In 2019 Election At The APC Giant Broom / Appeal Panel Upholds Uche Nwosu’s Election At APC Governorship Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019 Election At A Glance by oluwalewis(m): 6:38am On Dec 20, 2017
2019 AT A GLANCE
Diving into the forecast of who and what may determine our next president, I will try to predict the principles that would dictate how the electorates are likely to vote in the 2019 election. Some prominent names have cropped out as prospective contestants. Among these eminent names come these two bigwigs who are currently been deemed to be the flag bearers of their parties.
The first naturally is President Muhammadu Buhari who has the constitutional rights to seek for a second term. Though, some faces in his party APC are against granting him an automatic power of return considering the example of former President Goodluck Jonathan which is a sensible signal of this likelihood.
The other is the never tiring and consistent ex-Vice-President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the Waziri Adamawa. Despite the fact that some forces within his party PDP who feel threatened may work against him getting a waiver to become the party flagbearer, he is been considered as the only force that can give the APC and the President a run for their money.
However, putting these two prominent men side by side, it is imperative that the electorates focus on their attributes towards these seven focal points before making their decisions.
These focal points are:
 Early life and upbringing
 Occupation
 Making money
 Matter of principles
 Political life
 Achievement while in and out of office
 Giving back to the people.

Starting from tomorrow, we will tackle each point critically and constructively
Re: 2019 Election At A Glance by oluwalewis(m): 6:39am On Dec 20, 2017
A recap of yesterday’s article focused on having a mild but constructive comparism of President Muhammadu Buhari and Alhaji Atiku Abubakar’s attributes toward the 7 focal points previously listed.
Today, I will be focusing on their early lives and upbringing, to make the article reader friendly and interesting, I have decided to write the article using a dialogue pattern between two fictional representatives of these two great men.

EARLY LIFE AND UPBRINGING
The following conversation ensued between their representatives.
PMB rep: Do you know my boss was birthed to a Fulani family on the 17th of December, 1942 in Daura, Katsina State.
AAA rep: I have always known that your boss is older than my boss. My boss was also born to a Fulani family on the 26th of November, 1946 in Jada, Adamawa State.
PMB rep: Your boss is even a small boy!!! My boss is the 23rd child of his father.
AAA rep: KAI!!! Number 23, SMH in capital letters. As for my boss, he is the only child of his parents.
PMB rep: No wonder. I have forgotten to ask my boss the name of his primary school but I know it is in Daura and Mai’dauda.
AAA rep: HABAAAAA!!! Why are you always so forgetful, that was how your boss forgot the full meaning of APC when ex-US President, Barrack Obama asked him.
PMB rep: Is it our fault, don’t you know that Nigeria has lots of issues we are trying to solve.
AAA rep: Continue, there is God.
PMB rep: What is the name of your boss’ primary school or you too have forgotten to ask.
AAA rep: I am not like you. The name of my boss’ primary school is Jada Primary school and he was a pupil from 1954 to 1960.
PMB rep: Alhamdulillahi rabbi l-alamin, I can remember the name of his secondary school.
AAA rep: Are you sure
PMB rep: Yes na. Katsina Model School and Katsina Provincial School.
AAA rep: Clap for yourself.
PMB rep: Efiwe, tell me the name of your oga’s secondary school.
AAA rep: Adamawa Provincial Secondary School, Yola.
PMB rep: Where was your oga when my oga joined the Nigerian Military Training College at the age of 19.
AAA rep: He was 15 and was working as a clerk in Ganye Native Authority.
PMB rep: At age 20-21, my oga had travelled to Mous Officer Cadet School in Aldershot, England to undergo officer cadet training. I am sure your boss was still in that village. HAHAHA in Spanish language.
AAA rep: That is true but at the age of 15, he was able to purchase a house for his homeless mother at the cost of nine Pounds Sterling after her family house was sold without her knowledge.
PMB rep: My boss had always wanted to be a herdsman and now, all herdsmen in Nigeria look up to him.
AAA rep: My boss’ father wanted him to be a herdsman or an Islamic scholar but my boss intellectual hyperopia made him see life more than been a herdsman and now, I can say he is a successful business man, a philanthropist and a politician.
PMB rep: Walai, my oga is calling me, he needs my attention.
AAA rep: Are you sure you are not running away.
PMB rep: Please, let’s continue on Thursday.
AAA rep: May Allah keep us till Thursday.
PMB rep: AMIN….

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Dickson Says $1bn Eca Fund In Good Faith, Replies Fayose / Troops Kill 20 Boko Haram Insurgents, Capture 17, Rescue 100 Civilians / Obaseki To Train Teachers For Children With Special Needs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.