Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 (24300 Views)

Battle Of The Titans: Wizkid, Davido, Burna Boy, Or Olamide - Who Is The Biggest / Mention A Song That's Not Popular But Impacts You Greatly / 5 Trending Topics For January In The Nigeria Music Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by Asuokaa: 11:23am On Dec 20, 2017
Do you know you can share rent or space and offer short lets where ever you are in Lagos, Accra, Cape Town, Nairobi, Alexandria and Casablanca etc.

Share Rent, Connect with users looking to rent an apartment in the same location you desire but cant afford the total package.

Share Space/ Short Lets. Share that empty space, shop, office space with someone so as to save cost and make more money.

Visit https://cotenant.com.ng/add-your-listing/

Please share to all your contacts on whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter and other networks as you are helping someone save rental cost and helping a company grow
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by guuudy87(m): 11:23am On Dec 20, 2017
Maleek Berry should be a record label cos he's far more talented than all these people listed here
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by Goovo(m): 11:25am On Dec 20, 2017
Where is kennis music grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by CaptainG00D: 11:27am On Dec 20, 2017
NLbully:

I was okay with your post until I saw the last 3 lines and
[b]I gave up on your issue
[/b]

Ok keep giving up till u giv up the up.
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by wildchild1: 11:32am On Dec 20, 2017
HKN Numero Uno

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION... Promo is on
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by emma321(m): 11:36am On Dec 20, 2017
Nice
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by YINKS89(m): 12:08pm On Dec 20, 2017
CaptainG00D:
Rubbish biased list..
Marvins should be number 1 and number 2 and 3...Then tripple MG and maybe one other.

Wetin YBNL dey do for that List how many top notch musicians has it produced?
I kno u will be quick to mention Lil kesh the noise maker... mtcheweew!!.

Gworld entertainmaent donsnt deserve to be there at all... i started hearing it after kiss daniel and no1 else notable.

Nigerians and biaseness shaa.
thats why we kee dwindling even as a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY.
read between d lines now dey said 2017
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by mpowa(m): 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2017
DSoj:
Load of BullShiit.
What is YBNL? Na by noise? Lil kesh and Dekunle Gold are not on YBNL.
Aside Olamide himself, nothing in YBNL

Aside Tekno, nothing in MMMG.

Stop writing shiit

Nigeria has no real record label.
How did you forget G-worldwide. To me, Kiss Daniel signed G-worldwide, not vice versa, because without him, they don't exist.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by jeff1607(m): 12:20pm On Dec 20, 2017
thought HKN is owned by davido's elder brother
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by Taiwx(m): 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2017
dem are all rich, okay and doin 5ine! Bt wait, wen am i blowin?
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by Abagworo(m): 1:02pm On Dec 20, 2017
emma321:
Nice
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by SAINTSOUL(m): 2:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
We do not have record labels in Nigeria but Imprints. All those mentioned above do not pass to be called Record Labels but rathe Imprints.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by olatemmie13(m): 2:52pm On Dec 20, 2017
where is Starboy records
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by DSoj(m): 3:32pm On Dec 20, 2017
mpowa:

How did you forget G-worldwide. To me, Kiss Daniel signed G-worldwide, not vice versa, because without him, they don't exist.

Exactly. Now Kiss Daniel is gone G.Nonsense is crying cos their meal ticket they were cheating is gone.
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by Rick9(m): 4:07pm On Dec 20, 2017
Most Record Labels in Nigeria are wack.

Mavin is the only Label in Nigeria worthy of commendation,

Other worthy mentions,
HKN
YBNL
G-Worldwide

The rest are trash.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by Jointhemiltons2(m): 4:12pm On Dec 20, 2017
Mavin should be 1st cos it has the highest number of top class musicians (Tiwa,Reeke,Korede,Dah lanky shima,even DNA sef dey try).
HKN can only boast of Davido n Mayorkun(Dremo never reach)
YBNL rn only has Olamide.
MMMG only Tekno
G-worldwide only Sugarboy

Baba re-evaluate ur post o

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by Revolva(m): 4:45pm On Dec 20, 2017
to me Mavin is the best and most structured

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by mpowa(m): 6:15pm On Dec 20, 2017
Taiwx:
dem are all rich, okay and doin 5ine! Bt wait, wen am i blowin?
Simple thing, you can blow today, if you like;

Just get a N500 petrol from the station right now, pour it on yourself and light the match, I tell you, you go Blow pass Bomb. Try it, you'll definitely not thank me later.
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by Temysteve(m): 6:26pm On Dec 20, 2017
acupikin:
Top 5 record labels with the biggest impacts in nigeria music 2017

When it comes to Music production and recording some record labels did it very well this year ,as a result we are having a countdown to the number one record label this year 2017.

5.Triple MG
The record label was founded by iyanya and Ubi Franklin but is now managed by Ubi Franklin since the departure of "IYANYA". The group consists of different talented artiste such as , Tekno, Selebobo,Emma nyra Lots of hits were released from the the label notably from tekno which consists of "YAWA" and "only one".

4.G Worldwide.
G-Worldwide Entertainment is a record label founded by Festus Ehimare, also known as Emperor Geezy; the record label signed Kiss Daniel as its first recording/performing artist in 2013 and then signed another raggae and RnB artiste Sugarboy in 2015 bothe went on to release hit singles.This year was in no doubt a very good year for the label despite kiss-daniel having left the label due to certain issues.But before then he released nice singles which received massive airplay nation wide such as "yeba" and "Kilamity"

3.Mavin Records
Mavin is a Nigerian owned record label owned by record producer Don Jazzy. The label came to existence following the closure of Mo’ hits records which was also owned by don jazzy and D’banj. The label consists of recording artists such as Tiwa Savage, Dr SID, D'Prince, Di'Ja, Reekado Banks and Korede Bello.
This year has actually been a great year for the label,with their artistes releasing several hit singles ranging from tiwa savage "all over","malo" to reekado bangs "easy jeje",each of the singles was a hit.Indeed,it was really a great year for Mavin records

2.YBNL
YBNL is the second studio album by Nigerian hip hop recording rap artist Olamide. The record label is fast becoming the most populous and widely accepted Record label. The Label boasts of so many talented people which include musicians, Dj’s and Producers like Lil Kesh, Viktoh, Zino, Adekunle Gold, BBanks, Young John, Pheelz and Dj Enimoney. This year has no doubt been their year they have also had hit singles like Olamide "wo" which was the most searched song on oogle this year,followed by lil kesh "no fake love" which received massive air play through out this year.

1.HKN/Davido Music Worldwide Ltd-Is A record label co-founded by Nigerian Musician Davido The label consists of B-Red, Sina Rambo, Davido, Danagog, Mayorkun, King Special,DeeKay,Mayorkun and Dremo.More than half of the artistes had a major impact in the nigerian music industry this year ranging from davido's "IF,FALL" and recently FIA which has been a major hit this last month it was released, down to B-Red who had a fantastic year with his singles ''fall for you' which had almost 1 million views in its first week .Other songs released by artistes from the label includes mayorkun"MAMA"

source-https://www.metrodailies.com/entertainment/top-5-record-labels-impacts-nigeria-music
@ Op something dey worry your head, u wan tell me say st@rboy no better YBNL and G.worldwide this year shey? If you don fool u na sef finish make i hear:p
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:10pm On Dec 20, 2017
impact.....who and who did they sponsor or paid sch fees for.....am yet to see any impact ooo
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by ikenasri01(m): 1:27am On Dec 21, 2017
star boy not listed
Re: Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 by Taiwx(m): 3:53pm On Dec 21, 2017
mpowa:

Simple thing, you can blow today, if you like;

Just get a N500 petrol from the station right now, pour it on yourself and light the match, I tell you, you go Blow pass Bomb. Try it, you'll definitely not thank me later.
Ur just wicked! ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

P-square's "No One Like You" Lyrics / D’banj “king Don Come” Album Grabs The #1 Spot On Itunes [photo] / An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.