Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) (21959 Views)

Twins, Others Arrested For Stealing Rice, Beans In Ekiti / Taraba Police Nab Kidnapper With N8.5 Million And 7 Phones / Lady Who Stole 4 Phones At University Of Uyo Caught (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by itsdumebi(m): 8:00am On Dec 20, 2017
@POLITICSNGR

The directive of Lagos Commissioner of Police, Mr Edgal Imohimi to officers of the command to keep eagle eyes at venues of a gathering of people this yuletide yielded dividends with the arrest of a suspected pickpocket with seven stolen mobile phones belonging to gospel faithfuls that attended the annual musical concert tagged ‘The Experience’.

The suspect, Lateef Nurudeen of 10, Obadina Street, Lagos Island, was arrested by men of Rapid Response Squad in early December 2017 at around 12:45 a.m. at the programme in Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos.

Lateef, 19 years old, who was in the company of his six other colleagues at the convention, was sighted holding a bag where he concealed the seven stolen phones.

The suspect who on interception by the officers posted to the venue of the convention told the police on interrogation that he was a barber.

On further scrutiny, Lateef claimed that he saw the bag underneath a flower bed when he couldn’t give satisfactory answer about the contents of the bag.

Found inside the bag were seven different mobiles phones, charms and purse. The purse contained identity card and ATM debit card belonging to one Chris Nkum Chinedu.

The suspect, sources revealed, confessed to being the owner of the charms found inside the bag. PoliticsNGR learnt that he used the charms for protection.

Already, investigators have identified four owners of the seven phones. The owners, who reported at the RRS headquarter in Alausa were: Ukwajiba Felix, Ekhorelen Ruth, Kpanou Estelle and Kemi Ahmed.

The four owners reported at the RRS headquarters when officers called their relatives whose numbers were found on the stolen phones.

The owners who have been looking for their mobile phones before leaving the venue of the programme noted that they didn’t know when their phones were removed from their bags and pockets.

One of the owners, Ukwajiuba, stated that immediately he discovered that his phone was missing, he reported the theft at Zone 2, Onikan, Lagos, where his details were taken.

The suspect, Lateef, an ex-convict stated that he saw the bag inside the flowers at TBS but owned up to being the owner of the charms found inside the bag. He confessed that the two charms found in the bags were for his protection, adding that he came to the church programme to pray and not to steal.

Defending being in possession of charms at church crusade, he said, “I pray a lot. The charms are for my personal protection. They have been with me for ages. They were specially prepared for my protection against evil. I came to the crusade to pray.

My friends that took to their heels when police started questioning me are confirmed troublemakers. They were at the programme only to cause commotion. That is what they do and how they make a living.

I am a troublemaker too but I came to that church programme to pray and not to steal. My friends ran because they knew I would be arrested. I pray a lot and that was why I was at the programme’, he stated.

Efforts to track down the suspect’s friends who were with him at the convention by RRS proved abortive as they have all abandoned their hideouts.

The Commissioner of Police, CP Imohimi Edgal directed that the case be transferred immediately to the Lagos State Criminal Investigation Department while efforts be intensified to arrest all other suspects involved in the theft.

He ordered that the stolen phones be released to their owners once they can provide evidence of ownership.

https://politicsngr.com/2017/12/20/man-arrested-stealing-7-phones-experience-gospel-concertphotos/
c

Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by Settingz321(m): 8:07am On Dec 20, 2017
It obvious the guy never experienced what he should have experience at the experience

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 20, 2017
Lateef Nurudeen... Quit crime! It does not pay

8 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by optional1(f): 8:11am On Dec 20, 2017
One day experience 7 phones..

E try oh..
But why is it now they are arresting him after weeks of experience..

8 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by Evablizin(f): 8:12am On Dec 20, 2017
shocked

He came to pray,what is the essence of your prayers when you have charms for protection ?

Well you went to experience concert for your evil works to be exposed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 20, 2017
An experienced thief at the experience concert
Mean while to my ipob brothers and sisters season greetings
#No hate
#One love

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by Homeboiy: 8:16am On Dec 20, 2017
If I catch those guys wey collect my own

Na sorry go be their names
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by Evablizin(f): 8:19am On Dec 20, 2017
Settingz321:
It obvious the guy never experienced what he should have experience at the experience
Yes because he wasn't prepared to experience the experience in the experience gospel concert.

7 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by python1: 8:28am On Dec 20, 2017
derespect:
Lateef Nurudeen... Quit crime! It does not pay
Condemn the crime without attaching tribal coloration to it. I wonder what some of you gain from tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by miqos02(m): 10:55am On Dec 20, 2017
Wow
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by Troublemaker007(m): 10:56am On Dec 20, 2017
The one wey dey vex me be say the value of those phone all together nor reach that of ordinary iPhone 6

10 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by Olawalesadiq(m): 10:56am On Dec 20, 2017
i no see any good phone there...
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by Mhizkel(f): 10:57am On Dec 20, 2017
Soft werk grin
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by AceRoyal: 10:57am On Dec 20, 2017
After almost 3years, I have come to realize that Patients Goodluck Jonathan aka Mama Peace was right after all with her statement; "I'LL RATHER KILL MYSELF THAN COMMIT SUICIDE".

There's a big difference between killing one's self and committing suicide.
Killing one's self involves doing something with conscious negligence and having a catastrophic or fatal outcome.
E.g A man knows that he has a bad tyre but decided to manage it "like that" on a long trip, accident happened and he died. He had successfully killed himself.

Most times when incidents like this happens, we ascribe it to " Our Village People".

While suicide on the other had is the deliberate and intentional termination of one's own life due to unpleasant social, economic, financially, mental, physical, emotional or religious circumstances.

Everyday even though we don't commit suicide, many Nigerians kill themselves through conscious willing negligence. When it goes right, they ascribe and attribute it to God. But when such negligence produce unhealthy, fatal or catastrophic outcomes they attribute it to the devil or "Our Village People".

-AceRoyal.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by PcNnews(m): 10:59am On Dec 20, 2017
I am sure he is one of those saying we should end SARS....Dey should offer this one as piece offering to SARS officials

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by anonimi: 11:00am On Dec 20, 2017
Settingz321:

.......while those who created the condition that obliged him to steal phones to survive are getting the experience from the front row

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

[img]https://3.bp..com/--wNhdwxGItM/WiLGIX90ntI/AAAAAAAAI4E/Ql_9jYInmQUu2xG5XRjAuUJD4kXnxmKDQCLcBGAs/s1600/See%2BPhotos%2BOf%2BGovernor%2BAmbode%2BAt%2BThe%2BExperience%2B2017%2BIn%2BLagos1.jpg[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by johnstar(m): 11:00am On Dec 20, 2017
Na der way

Na afonja
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by emmybernard(m): 11:01am On Dec 20, 2017
One day, two young boys were in the field,staring at a lady bathing.Then the first boy started running and so did the second one,When they stopped the second one asked: "Why are you running like a mad person?" Then the other replied, "It's because my mother said that if I ever look at a naked woman's body, I will turn into stone and I felt something getting hard in my pants."
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by MyCircle(m): 11:01am On Dec 20, 2017
He went with his Experienced Skill to the Experience but the whole Experience turned out to be a new Experience, now so much Experience he has to learn in his new environment filled with experienced gurus.

Enjoy Your Experience Mr Thief.

Which came first, the Hen or the Egg?

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by emmybernard(m): 11:02am On Dec 20, 2017
Receive your brain in Jesus name
johnstar:
Na der way

Na afonja
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by Bestchisom(m): 11:02am On Dec 20, 2017
Settingz321:
he never knew dat he will experience wat he experienced in the experience...
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by Bruno3000(m): 11:03am On Dec 20, 2017
Evablizin:
shocked

He came to pray,what is the essence of your prayers when you have charms for protection ?

Well you went to experience concert for your evil works to be exposed.
Na wa o, i neva knew nwamaikpe has a strng effect on u pple.
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by Fabulousgal(f): 11:03am On Dec 20, 2017
AceRoyal:
After almost 3years, I have come to realize that Patients Goodluck Jonathan aka Mama Peace was right after all with her statement; "I'LL RATHER KILL MYSELF THAN COMMIT SUICIDE".

There's a big difference between killing one's self and committing suicide.
Killing one's self involves doing something with conscious negligence and having a catastrophic or fatal outcome.
E.g A man knows that he has a bad tyre but decided to manage it "like that" on a long trip, accident happened and he died. He had successfully killed himself.

Most times when incidents like this happens, we ascribe it to " Our Village People".

While suicide on the other had is the deliberate and intentional termination of one's own life due to unpleasant social, economic, financially, mental, physical, emotional or religious circumstances.

Everyday even though we don't commit suicide, many Nigerians kill themselves through conscious willing negligence. When it goes right, they ascribe and attribute it to God. But when such negligence produce unhealthy, fatal or catastrophic outcomes they attribute it to the devil or "Our Village People".

-AceRoyal.
Excellentee..
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by Richy4(m): 11:03am On Dec 20, 2017
The most annoying part about all these was he said that "he came to pray " sad

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by passyhansome(m): 11:06am On Dec 20, 2017
Lateef Nurudeen
Na dem

YORUBA MUSLIM

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by Evablizin(f): 11:06am On Dec 20, 2017
Bruno3000:
Na wa o, i neva knew nwamaikpe has a strng effect on u pple.
What is your problem? Is my comment to hard for you to understand?
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos) by ogaJona(m): 11:08am On Dec 20, 2017
python1:

Condemn the crime without attaching tribal coloration to it. I wonder what some of you gain from tribalism.
are you the one or your account got hacked

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Brothers And A Pregnant Woman Killed In Surulere / I Only Robbed Yahoo Boys, Not Innocent People – Suspect (Photo) / 3 Phone Snatchers Stab Man To Death, Injure Another In Kano (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.