Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund (13752 Views)

Charly Boy Indicts Deji Adeyanju, Claims He Wanted A Share Of The 9-Figures / Nigerians React Over Approval Of $1 Billion For Anti-Terrorism War / Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by eagleeye2: 9:45am On Dec 20, 2017
Wike, has a valid point. Without the oil from the Niger Delta, there wouldn't be any excess crude account to draw from.
APC... wants to take the PDP,, governors for fools.

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by Funkybabee(f): 9:45am On Dec 20, 2017
This man got brain... He kuku know they won't even use it, na to collect him own before they embezzle it

1 Like

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by NLandIsHypocrit: 9:46am On Dec 20, 2017
NCC should ban mtn from giving every nonentity and punks free 10mb to reduce the volume of trash by the likes of this riff raff above. Everyone feels important and political conversant on social media limited. Dunce MUGU.
Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by Apina(m): 9:47am On Dec 20, 2017
Fayose and wike are accountable to their people, if the people say they want their share, let them have it. And moreover, since when did it become an issue of consensus as to how other people's money is shared? Let the governor's who voted for it, give their own share to the federal government, shikena!

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by Hector09(m): 9:48am On Dec 20, 2017
I thought that wike we be party to this nonsense, in rivers state here we need that money to fight cultism, let the north face their own problem, every state has his or her own problem

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by BenzEne1(m): 9:51am On Dec 20, 2017
Validated:

You got it totally wrong. Fighting a defeated terrorist group with N365billion when Nigerians are fleeing to Libya? Our roads are death traps, states are owing salaries, hospitals are in shambles, the economy is in tatters with people losing jobs, no refinery is working, people are spending days on end looking for fuel. All the FG could think of is to fight a "rag-tag" group with half of ECA. It is nonsense.

Terrorist regroup you know. That is why terrorism is quite difficult to curtail. Especially in Nigeria's case with BH, who move freely into Cameroon and Chad when troops are hot on their heels. Terrorism is based on propaganda and recruitment is quite east through brainwashing. Saying PDP states should move against the appropriation of that amount for security reasons is ridiculous. What progress would be made if security cannot be guaranteed?

And please leave out the Libya charade. We are tired of that sincerely. Why must our youths pay traffickers to transport them illegaly to foreign lands just so they can be part of the Success train. How many of these countries developed or not have citizens who slave away in Nigeria? Moral decadance and love for the mundane things of life is the bane of the nigerian youth.
Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by shedy03(m): 9:53am On Dec 20, 2017
Validated:
All PDP states should head to court to stop the withdrawal. It is very irresponsible to tell Nigerians you have defeated the Islamic Boko Haram only to appropriate $1B to fight same defeated group.
thumbs up

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by comrChris(m): 9:56am On Dec 20, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
Despite all these nonsense posted up here, whenever there is an encounter between fulani herdsmen and farmers, he will be among the noise makers shouting Buhari upandan
Oga can you just shut up, so they should take his state share without his approval right?
What happens to the budget located to ministry of defence

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by 400billionman: 9:58am On Dec 20, 2017
Sand sand don enter garrison.

Watch this space.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by papascode: 9:58am On Dec 20, 2017
I am with WIKE on this one. Niger Delta has serious militancy issues and Environmental issues and yet the federal govt is yet to address it. I watched with dismay the ongoing construction of the biggest refinery in the world by DANGOTE GROUP as a mockery to the NIGER DELTA. The region is surrounded by sea and the Atlantic ocean as a good reason for this. But the govt has used insecurity as an issue not to invest in the region. Well let us are where dangote gets his crude from.
Thank You all.

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by awa(m): 9:58am On Dec 20, 2017
APC just looking for a way to move out money for their 2019 election....Budgeting $1 Billion to fight a war we have technically won long ago. This is ironical for anti-corruption Crusaders like PMB, Amechi, Tinubu, Fashola and the rest of them

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by credid(m): 10:00am On Dec 20, 2017
They also need to send money to thise prone to Fulani headsmen attack

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by tsdarkside(m): 10:00am On Dec 20, 2017
now we are seeing were the problem is...the governors are the problem...na so dem pressured jonathan to give give give give and nothing was still done in their states....

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by Desyner: 10:04am On Dec 20, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
Despite all these nonsense posted up here, whenever there is an encounter between fulani herdsmen and farmers, he will be among the noise makers shouting Buhari upandan
Bigotry has eaten up your brain. Re-read what you wrote and see if it still makes sense to you.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by Daboomb: 10:04am On Dec 20, 2017
While l do not agree with any Governor, especially Fayose, whose ONLY DEFINITION of GOVERNACE is: SHARE THE MONEY (one wonder what he has done with all the first tranch and second tranch of the paris Fund that was shared to him..... which he looted and part of that loot was stolen by his girl friend, in his hotel room!) Everything is not 'share-share'! Let us 'save-save' as well.

Meanwhile, I want to state emphatically that Buhari is full of shyte and NEPOTISM.
Why is it that it is always everything NORTH, that triggers his father Christmas?

Road in the South are starved of funds, so much so that the Contractors have abandoned the Lagos-Ibadan Express but all the Road projects in the North, even for roads that are seldom used, are going on according to schedule?
Fulani herdsmen are killing Southerners like flies yet this Buhari is not concerned or allocating resources to tackle his murderous and demonic cattle rearers!

I think Buhari and his Northern Cabals just want to spend all our Money to develop the North so that when next there is any shout about dividing Nigeria, they can call the bluff.

The IBOS in the South-East, the Yorubas in the South-West and the Minorities in the South-South as a whole, must start to wiseup and know that all these their in-fighting, is not helping the South of Nigeria at all.
Ibos especially, must bury their anger/hatred and work with other tirbes.
We must note that Northern Nigeria is also not homogenoues or made of just one tribe but they are able to bury their anger or differences when it comes to defeating Southern Nigeria.

There is a saying that "We must chase away the Fox first, before coming back to admonish the errant chicken".
ALL PEOPLE OF SOUTHERN NIGERIA must first deal with the common threat from these Nepotistic Northerners, spearheaded by Buhari, before coming back to adress each others goruse against one another otherwise, we shall continue to be raped by the Northerners.

This is not about PDP or APC.
I voted Buahri in 2015 and l campaigned vigorously for him but if l say l am disppaointed or angry with him right now, it is an understatement.
IF APC fields Buhari as their candidate, the whole Southern Nigeria MUST REJECT him/APC squarely.
If PDP fields Atiku or any Northerner, the whole S/East, south-South and South West MUST reject him/PDP squarely.

We Southerners must shop for our own CREDIBLE person, from the South of Nigeria, on a different party platform (like KOWA or any of the other 20+ parties.).
A sitution where Nigerians are forced to chose between a desperate theif like Atiku or a Nepostistic Bigot like Buhari, IS UNACCEPTABLE.

N.B: underage children should not come and start abusing me yet o, because the issue here is beyond "we nor tell you" or "una remove Jonathan" or "APC broom", or "Did you say this when Buhari said that" or other nonsense that Nairaland is noted for.
For once, let us leave our "got-ya moment" behind and be an adult, reason like adults and act like adults.

This issue is about the whole of Southern Nigeria. These Northerners are shortchanging us too much!
angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by Jrevelation(m): 10:05am On Dec 20, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]

Oga python1
Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by tsdarkside(m): 10:05am On Dec 20, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]

dont mind them joor...they dont understand that defensive war is more expensive....to finish boko haram of,you must either invade surrending countries or build up a strong defense....they are all egoistic...so long the problem is not in their states,they dont care....
Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by otokx(m): 10:06am On Dec 20, 2017
papascode:
I am with WIKE on this one. Niger Delta has serious militancy issues and Environmental issues and yet the federal govt is yet to address it. I watched with dismay the ongoing construction of the biggest refinery in the world by DANGOTE GROUP as a mockery to the NIGER DELTA. The region is surrounded by sea and the Atlantic ocean as a good reason for this. But the govt has used insecurity as an issue not to invest in the region. Well let us are where dangote gets his crude from.
Thank You all.

Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta, Akwa Ibom need a larger share of the $1 billion to combat Sea Piracy, Environmental Terrorism, etc.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by 400billionman: 10:06am On Dec 20, 2017
Validated:
All PDP states should head to court to stop the withdrawal. It is very irresponsible to tell Nigerians you have defeated the Islamic Boko Haram only to appropriate $1B to fight same defeated group.

Nigeria sef.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by comrChris(m): 10:07am On Dec 20, 2017
Seriously, its matters like this that make me hate south east governors the more, especially Dave and his pdp morons governors. They have been licking buhari's yet nothing to show for it.

They should share that money, any state that wants to forfeit their own to fg can now go ahead

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by aolawale025: 10:08am On Dec 20, 2017
Lots of governors don't subscribe to this scheme of the 1b dollars Boko haram fund. But they are staying politically correct by keeping quiet. For how long must the country carry the burden of the NE when the senior stake holders are feeding fat from their self created misery

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by Daboomb: 10:08am On Dec 20, 2017
tsdarkside:
now we are seeing were the problem is...the governors are the problem...na so dem pressured jonathan to give give give give and nothing was still done in their states....

The problem is not just the Governors, though the are also looters.
But a "leader" must be able to say "No", when he sees that what is being demanded is wrong!
The Governors have seen that Buhari is also not sincere so, they want to also help him to just destroy everything, as long as the also share in the spoils and have something to steal.

At the end of the day, it is ordinary citizens that will bear the consequence, especially citizens in Southern Nigeria whose previous two leaders (OBJ and Jonathan), developed the North even more than they developed the South!

I am sure that if Buhari was seen to be a 'fair and just' leader, the clamour to share-share would be so difficult to push to the table.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by tsdarkside(m): 10:10am On Dec 20, 2017
otokx:

Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta, Akwa Ibom need a larger share of the $1 billion to combat Sea Piracy, Environmental Terrorism, etc.

lets make something clear:

it was the military that demanded that amount...and governors approved...even governors from fee dee dee approved....
Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by tsdarkside(m): 10:12am On Dec 20, 2017
Daboomb:

The problem is not just the Governors, though the are also looters.
But a "leader" must be able to say "No", when he sees that what is being demanded is wrong!
The Governors have seen that Buhari is also not sincere so, they want to also help him to just destroy everything, as long as the also share in the spoils and have something to steal.

At the end of the day, it is ordinary citizens that will bear the consequence, especially citizens in Southern Nigeria whose previous two leaders (OBJ and Jonathan), developed the North even more than they developed the South!

I am sure that if Buhari was seen to be a 'fair and just' leader, the clamour to share-share would be so difficult to push to the table.

say no how...??..didnt the governors voted about it and approved...??....una are talking like say na buhari himself want to withdraw the money....

if you dont believe in your democracy,then why do you want to practice it........
Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by waveman2: 10:14am On Dec 20, 2017
The way ameachi used fund shared from the eca to prosecute Buhari's election in 2014.

nairavsdollars:
Fayose will use the money to prosecute 2018 election in Ekiti

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by chloride6: 10:15am On Dec 20, 2017
I said it.

Call me the prophet grin

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by tsdarkside(m): 10:18am On Dec 20, 2017
democracy is a very bad idea....but una no wan listen....
Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by FakoMaybach1: 10:26am On Dec 20, 2017
i want to correct an impression, only 32 out of 36 governors agreed, so obviously 4 or 3 said No

If you tell me that money is for fighting Boko haram then i will know you are either a very dull human being or an unrepentant bigot

since GEJ regime to now security has had the biggest appropriation in all out budgets...what happened to all those monies?. Okay lets say Dasuki stole all security funds during Jonathan's regime oya what of Buhari na? all his budget for security wetin dem take am do? why does he need to mortgage the future of this country to fight an already defeated group?

Taking 1 billion USD to fight a boko haram that APC told the world has been technically defeated is the biggest lie since "I belong to Nobody and i belong to everybody"

Oga Osibanjo and Buharri Wehdone sah

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by WhiskeyTangoFox: 10:28am On Dec 20, 2017
python1:

The summary of this comment is that pdp should use the court to stop fight against terrorism and insecurity in Nigeria, very unfortunate.

Technically defeated boko haram needs $1 billion. How about the sooth dat has clouded the atmosphere due to environmental degradation, doesn't dat need attention? Or the actual landscapes dat have been completely polluted were it has become impossible to farm for how many decades now? So the Niger delta, responsible for populating the excess crude account, becomes lesser priority when it comes to addressing challenges in the various regions? Y haven't other states of the country been deprived to resolve the environmental issues facing the oil region of the country? .....SMH....Federalism is the only way to grow this country and ensure the growth is sustainable. I completely agree with both Governors, everyone has problems to solve

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund by tsdarkside(m): 10:29am On Dec 20, 2017
FakoMaybach1:
i want to correct an impression, only 32 out of 36 governors agreed, so obviously 4 or 3 said No

If you tell me that money is for fighting Boko haram then i will know you are either a very dull human being or an unrepentant bigot

since GEJ regime to now security has had the biggest appropriation in all out budgets...what happened to all those monies?. Okay lets say Dasuki stole all security funds during Jonathan's regime oya what of Buhari na? all his budget for security wetin dem take am do? why does he need to mortgage the future of this country to fight an already defeated group?

Taking 1 billion USD to fight a boko haram that APC told the world has been technically defeated is the biggest lie since "I belong to Nobody and i belong to everybody"

Oga Osibanjo and Buharri Wehdone sah

then we vote another party if you dont trust apc...but dont ask of us to return back to fee dee fee...thats crazy talks....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N180bn For Delta, Akwa Ibom Got N130bn — N544bn Derivation Fund Was Shared / Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. / PDP Names Ahmadu Ali As Jonathan’s Campaign Director

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.