Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner (14359 Views)

Saraki Blames IGP, SSS & Army For Abduction Of 87 People On Highways / About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis – Commissioner / Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by sarrki(m): 1:41pm On Dec 20, 2017
LAGOS State government on Tuesday expressed worries over the rising housing deficit in the state which it puts at three million units.

Commissioner for Housing, Prince Gbolahan Lawal, disclosed this at the second Real Estate Stakeholders’ Forum held at the Lagos State Government Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja, pointing out that about 87 people per hour entered Lagos on daily basis.

Lawal said the fact that Lagos is Nigeria economic nerves centre had made it susceptible to influx of people which he noted had in turn put continuous pressures on the state’s infrastructures.

“About 87 people per hour enter Lagos on daily basis. This has led to unusual pressure on land and housing infrastructural facilities. And these have even led to the inadequate housing and increased number of slums in the state. Today, the state has about three million units of housing deficit. But in the next four years, we planned to provide 20,000 units of houses in the next four years,” Gbolahan said.

The commissioner, however, disclosed that the administration had appointed facilities managers for both it’s old and news housing estates, saying that with such appointments, the tide of continuous depreciation in values of such houses would be stemmed.

Special Adviser on Housing, Mrs Adebimpe Akinsola, in her remark, decried the negative effect of the fraudulent real estate practices on the state economy.

“It is instructive to state here that the world over, fraudulent practices is age long issue, since we are all humans, such acts are to be expected in our day-to-day activities or daily relationship.

“Real estate fraud is when an individual or agency uses false information or misrepresents the information for any Real Estate Transaction. Such activities have adverse effects on economic activities in the state,” Akinsola said.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/lagos-deficit-3-million-housing-units-%e2%80%95commissioner/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by dafeyankee: 1:41pm On Dec 20, 2017
87 people per hour?

No wonder the East is dry and Okokomaiko is full.

114 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by sarrki(m): 1:41pm On Dec 20, 2017
Most especially my in-laws from the east side

68 Likes

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by sarrki(m): 1:42pm On Dec 20, 2017
I am sure

Lalasticlala & myndd44 are unaware of this development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 20, 2017
angry

∆ ∆

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by Jochabed(f): 1:44pm On Dec 20, 2017
Cause its a no man's land i guess.

18 Likes

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by Evablizin(f): 1:44pm On Dec 20, 2017
sarrki:
Yes now,you don't want me to come and visit you?sad

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by raker300: 1:47pm On Dec 20, 2017
sarrki:
the only time I go thru lagos is to make use of the airport and seaport...

Same with many people like me.

Whenever I remember am going thru lagos...I feel like shedding tears.

The noise, the smell, the chaos etc is not something to brag of.

102 Likes 7 Shares

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by kettykin: 1:47pm On Dec 20, 2017
Most people who enter do so to either get to the embassy and high commission , get to the bank headquaters or telecommunications headquaters , get to the 3 ports in lagos to either clear imported goods or export home made goods.

without these items mentioned above , people would really not come to lagos for anything

49 Likes

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 20, 2017
sarrki:
han Lawal
LAGOS State government on Tuesday expressed worries over the rising housing deficit in the state which it puts at three million units.

Commissioner for Housing, Prince Gbolahan Lawal, disclosed this at the second Real Estate Stakeholders’ Forum held at the Lagos State Government Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja, pointing out that about 87 people per hour entered Lagos on daily basis.

Lawal said the fact that Lagos is Nigeria economic nerves centre had made it susceptible to influx of people which he noted had in turn put continuous pressures on the state’s infrastructures.

“About 87 people per hour enter Lagos on daily basis. This has led to unusual pressure on land and housing infrastructural facilities. And these have even led to the inadequate housing and increased number of slums in the state. Today, the state has about three million units of housing deficit. But in the next four years, we planned to provide 20,000 units of houses in the next four years,” Gbolahan said.

The commissioner, however, disclosed that the administration had appointed facilities managers for both it’s old and news housing estates, saying that with such appointments, the tide of continuous depreciation in values of such houses would be stemmed.

Special Adviser on Housing, Mrs Adebimpe Akinsola, in her remark, decried the negative effect of the fraudulent real estate practices on the state economy.

“It is instructive to state here that the world over, fraudulent practices is age long issue, since we are all humans, such acts are to be expected in our day-to-day activities or daily relationship.

“Real estate fraud is when an individual or agency uses false information or misrepresents the information for any Real Estate Transaction. Such activities have adverse effects on economic activities in the state,” Akinsola said

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/lagos-deficit-3-million-housing-units-%e2%80%95commissioner/

entering no mans land abi grin grin

7 Likes

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by sarrki(m): 1:48pm On Dec 20, 2017
Evablizin:
Yes now,you don't want me to come and visit you?sad

Evablazin I am definitely sure to see you on Xmas day

Also salamrushdie and one and only madridguy

Only be say dunkem21 party are in crisis

He won't be able to see me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by raker300: 1:48pm On Dec 20, 2017
sarrki:
if you don't like it, vote for the referendum coming in 2018

Break the cycle of igbos tormenting you...vote for biafra

34 Likes

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by sarrki(m): 1:49pm On Dec 20, 2017
raker300:
the only time I go thru lagos is use the airport and seaport...

Gala Airport (go slow) ?

Abi lacasera port ( hold up) ?

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by chibuzorAbia: 1:51pm On Dec 20, 2017
imhotep:

entering no mans land abi grin grin

Yam Leg you are already here!?

15 Likes

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by sarrki(m): 1:51pm On Dec 20, 2017
raker300:
if you don't like it, vote for the referendum coming in 2018

Break the cycle of igbos tormenting you...vote for biafra

Raker my bro

Serious I don't have anything against Igbo

The places I stayed in the united states are core igbos

I don't have anything against igbos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by madridguy(m): 1:55pm On Dec 20, 2017
May God Almighty keep us safe and alive.

sarrki:

Evablazin I am definitely sure to see you on Xmas day

Also salamrushdie and one and only madridguy

Only be say dunkem21 party are in crisis

He won't be able to see me

3 Likes

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by chibuzorAbia: 1:55pm On Dec 20, 2017
sarrki:

You don mean itttt? You married from that particular region of the country?
Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by sarrki(m): 1:59pm On Dec 20, 2017
chibuzorAbia:

You don mean itttt? You married from that particular region of the country?

Yeah

1 Like

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by sarrki(m): 2:00pm On Dec 20, 2017
madridguy:
May God Almighty keep us safe and alive.

Amen baba
Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by miqos02(m): 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2017
Seen
Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by raumdeuter: 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2017
DEVELOPERS them

Lagos is their New York. See Lagos and die. Only people who have been to Lagos can toast babes in some places

As you are travelling home this Xmas try this technique "O baby, my loolo if you marry me, I will take you to Lagos" even Igwe wife go dey follow you

52 Likes

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by positivelord: 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2017
And no statistics about the number of pple leaving Lagos...Afonja ehh

30 Likes

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by helinues: 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2017
65% are developer of the world

yet they claimed their region is better than ours..

Proudly South Westerner

15 Likes

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by Oloripelebe: 2:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
cheesy

90% of them are developers

Lagos is just like heaven to them

It's a wish come through for any flattiee to enter lagos

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by blackbeau1(f): 2:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
raker300:
the only time I go thru lagos is to make use of the airport and seaport...

and I thought I was the only one. The smell and the noise is severely debilitating.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by Iceman2017(m): 2:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
And then?

2 Likes

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
And so?

1 Like

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by BruncleZuma: 2:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin

The way these people pull out figures out of their anàl cavity is scary oooo.

I have never spent more than 48hrs in Lagos.

14 Likes

Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by blackbeau1(f): 2:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
raumdeuter:
DEVELOPERS them

Lagos is their New York. See Lagos and die. Only people who have been to Lagos can toast babes in some places
lmao.
Re: About 87 People Enter Lagos Per Hour On Daily Basis ―commissioner by sureheaven(m): 2:06pm On Dec 20, 2017
Heyah, eko gbalejo ju. Hope u include the akudayas. grin grin
grin
grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kwara APC Governorship Candidate Visits Party Members Who Sustained Injuries As / Immortalise My Father, Saraki’s Sister Begs Kwara Gov-elect / Senator Kabir Marafa: "We Know The Zamfara Criminals But Can't Name Them"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.