Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,975 members, 7,863,480 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:33 PM

Life Without Limitations: Read Story Of A Blind Unizik Law Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Life Without Limitations: Read Story Of A Blind Unizik Law Student (536 Views)

University Of Ibadan Law Student Rapes 100-level Colleague On Campus / Kenneth Ibe: Kidnapped IMSU Law Student Murdered (Photos) / Uniben Law Student Destiny Ogedegbe, Graduates With First Class, Becomes Second (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life Without Limitations: Read Story Of A Blind Unizik Law Student by iamstanc(m): 8:08pm On Dec 20, 2017
ABILITY IN DISABILITY
I always thought that the worst thing that can happen to a man on earth is being blind. Losing your sight was catastrophic to me until I met Kingsley. There was paradigm shift in my mental cognitive.
Kingsley Is a law student in my school, Unizik. The first time I met him, I felt pity and so much compassion for this young man not knowing 7that he was actually enjoying life like a normal complete human being will do. In him I saw ability in disability.
The amazing thing about Kingsley was that he smiles a lot. You will never see him unhappy. He does not feel pity for himself at all. Always positive in life. If you see his white clothe as a law student, sparkling clean. He washes and iron his clothe by himself. He dresses smartly which makes me wonder that boys with their sight are actually blind when it comes to dressing.
Kingsley stays alone. He does not have a roommate meaning that he does everything by himself. His bed neatly dressed, no dirt in his room. You cannot even feel any sand in the floor of his apartment. The physics in my head can't explain how a blind boy can do all these.
The one that shocked me most was when Kingsley cooked. O my God!!!. Come see delicious Egusi soup with meat. How did he know the quantity of ingredient to put in the food?. It is really amazing. When I finished eating his food, I discovered that he cooked better than most persons. Sorry for guys that can't cook. Seriously, you have no reason to say that you can't cook a delicious meal for yourself. Please if you can't, I think you should learn. It is very necessary.
Kingsley does virtually everything with help or no help. Even though he doesn't stay with his blind colleagues, he is still perfect, organized and wonderful in his ways.
Do you know that he also do networking business. This boy will not cease to amaze me. He is a business man. If you see how he reasons, talks to people when any business idea comes up, you will really look well to see who is talking. He remind me so much of Nick Vujicic, the man born without arms and legs but have done exploit in his ministry. He has met seven Presidents and talked to millions of persons. I see Kingsley in this manner.
Academically, king is doing wonderfully well. He goes to school by himself. All you need to do is take him to the bus stand and off he goes. His result is comparable to most of his course mate in his department. He normally learns with audio record from the class.
Well, it hasn't been easy for this boy. He has challenges but despite all he keeps pushing forward in life. He never allow what people say define him. He is a happy man and by God's grace, he will definitely be the change in time to come in this life.
I will not forget to appreciate the school management for their effort in helping those with disabilities to get a good formal Education especially in the prestigious law faculty. The Vice chancellor Prof Joseph Eberendu Ahaneku, God will keep blessing you and your managerial teams. The comfort and sense of belonging given to the disabled persons to learn, not just to learn but most importantly, The necessary attention given to them is overwhelming and encouraging. The love and hope is abundant. I just pray that the Good work will keep moving on and the school will be recognized in time to come. Also to the faculty of law, your labour of love will never be in vain. "VOX POPULI" ( voice of the people with disabilities).
Will really love to see someone with disability to study physics. You can never underestimate the power in disability.

http://www.luckynewsinfo.com/2017/12/life-without-limitations-read-story-of.html?m=1

Re: Life Without Limitations: Read Story Of A Blind Unizik Law Student by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 20, 2017
shocked

(1) (Reply)

... / 2018 Microsoft Exam 70-773 Book Killtest / counter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.