Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (1005) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2076141 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) ... (1317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ebubu3: 11:42am On Jul 01, 2022
NkanuSon:
I will say it again,"an ebonyi person hate other igbos bcs of their achievements", Simon ekpa is using sit at home to kill anambra state bcs anambra is the economic hub of igboland,that why their main focus on sit at home is in anambra state,u guys can even here umahi utterance about peter obi all bcs of hate for an anambra man,they hate u people to the extent they can do anything to kill your progress and they have seen sit at home as the best means.if obi scales through to 2023 elections bet me abakaliki people will use no election in biafra land to stop peter obi from becoming president and the present fulanis government will buy that idea bcs fulanis and yorubas will also do anything to stop an Igbo man from becoming president that's why they will use insiders from abakaliki to kill it,bet me they are working with the Nigerian government presently.umahi and Simon ekpa has thesame agenda don't be decieves bcs they claim to be igbos,they only do so to achieve their aim
Anambra people should wise up fast if not more terror is coming to kill u people and your livelihoods and stop your progress,am from nkanu in enugu and I know this people very well,they have inferiority complex to other igbos that why they want to kill our progress,u guys have to know our enemies are not just outsiders
Anambra people u have to distance yourself from abakaliki people bcs they will be used to kill peter obi presidential ambition and kill anambra state economy.if u people won't wise up now more is coming

for claiming we torment you people, Ebonyi people will keep tormenting you people in Jesus namecheesy
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ebubu3: 11:44am On Jul 01, 2022
Ndibunna:

Umuazi Abakiliki aburo mmadu, we have been saying it for a long time.

They are off Igbo spec. Even in national assembly they always connive with Fulanis to fight Anambra lawmakers. Obi ojoo fa di too toxic.

Please move a motion for Ebonyi people to be excised from South East and placed into North Centralcheesy The entire Senators in SE minus Ebonyi can move the motion and it will be granted since they are the majoritycheesy
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ebubu3: 11:47am On Jul 01, 2022
0bjpmb:

Anambra benefited most in SE from APC led federal government even without being in APC. This interchange and second Niger bridge shall further expand the Onitsha mega city as the Economic hub of Igboland. Anambra is the clear leader of igboland.
clear leader of Igbo land? Igbo does not have "leader". I hope Anambra is clear leader of all 4 Ibo states cause Ebonyi no be Ibo.

We are North Centralcheesy
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by satandeterrible: 12:34pm On Jul 01, 2022
Gov Soludo should try to understudy some good policies of Lagos state government and bring it to Anambra.
Creating an Anambra State resident ID CARD and building a database of all residents of Anambra State is important.

This will help to fight crime and provide actionable statistics that the state can productively work with.

I read in Soludo's speech that there are plans for a cloud system.
There is no better time than now to create a residence ID card so as to capture data of Anambra residents.
This is a step in the right direction to create a digital city/economy.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 3:27pm On Jul 01, 2022
This town is called Umuchukwu in Anambra. This edifice currently houses the biggest medical research center in West Africa

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 9:19pm On Jul 01, 2022
Some beautiful pictures from United States of Anambra (USA)

We are heading to somewhere

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Mega2biz(m): 8:11am On Jul 02, 2022
We all know Onitsha, the third largest urban area in Africa for having multistorey buildings, but how many of us know of the highbrow areas which are reserved for the billionaires and multimillionaires?

Here is Onitsha, GRA, one of the highbrow areas in Onitsha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IybfFcfRQEE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ndibunna: 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
Ebubu3:

Please move a motion for Ebonyi people to be excised from South East and placed into North Centralcheesy The entire Senators in SE minus Ebonyi can move the motion and it will be granted since they are the majoritycheesy

Of what benefit are they here if not making themselves available for Ipob UGM recruits.

People who are trained to be violent from birth.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ebubu3: 6:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
Ndibunna:

Of what benefit are they here if not making themselves available for Ipob UGM recruits.

People who are trained to be violent from birth.

Please move a motion for Ebonyi people to be excised from South East and placed into North Centralcheesy or die with Ebonyi yoots terrorising Anambra like you claimedcheesy
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
Saturday, July 2, 2022

Menu
search
Anambra to spend N1 billion on solar street lights
The state says it currently spends N600 million/N700 million monthly on diesel for generating sets powering its street lights.

NEWS AGENCY OF NIGERIA • JULY 1, 2022
Chukwuma Soludo
Anambra Governor, Chukwuma Soludo
The Anambra State Government says it will spend the sum of N1 billion to replace diesel powered street lights to solar powered street lights.

Tony-Collins Nwabunwanne, state Commissioner for Local Government, Chieftaincy and Community Affairs, said this during the ongoing 2022 Revised Budget defence, before the state House of Assembly Committee on Finance and Appropriation, in Awka on Friday.

Mr Nwabunwanne said that the state was initially spending about N300 million to N350 million monthly for the purchase of diesel for generating sets powering the street lights in the state. He said the funds later increased to N600 million/N700 million monthly.

“Almost all the Local Government Areas (LGAs) have diesel powered street lights and it is very expensive to run and we need the street lights majorly for surveillance and security in the state.

“After several consultations, we decided to go for solar to power the street lights in all the 21 LGAs and we budgeted the sum of N1 billion to carry out this replacement project.

“We will retrieve all the generating sets and armoured cables when the project commences fully,” he said.

Mr Nwabunwanne said that the ministry planned to carry out other projects to develop the LG system of the state.

“We realised that there has been no form of training for LG workers, especially in the areas of technology, data collection and management.

“So, we plan to invest in capacity building, community investment, project monitoring and research,” he said.

Reacting, Emeka Aforka, representing Orumba North Constituency, urged the commissioner to ensure that every LGA benefited from the ministry’s development projects.

Another lawmaker, Lawrence Ezeudu, representing Dunukofia Constituency, advised that the generating sets and armoured cables that would be retrieved be sold and the money used to also fund the project.

The ministry got N2.6 billion in the 2022 revised budget proposal.

(NAN)

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 11:03pm On Jul 02, 2022
Beautiful city of Onitsha

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 11:04pm On Jul 02, 2022
ANSMEDIA:
Beautiful city of Onitsha

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 11:05pm On Jul 02, 2022
Onitsha ado

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 1:17am On Jul 03, 2022
Anambra-born Miss Okpalaku-Nath Vivian Shines In Cyprus University

Miss Okpalaku-Nath Vivian, the daughter of a retired Nigerian police officer has achieved unprecedented Academic excellence in Cyprus, a country in the Middle East.

Miss Vivian who hails from Achina, Aguata Local Government Area, Anambra state recently made first class honours, emerging top of her class from the department of Civil Engineering, Cyprus International University, Nicosia, Northern Cyprus, where she bagged a master's degree in the field.

Vivian's academic prowess dates back to her undergraduate days. As a 2018 Civil Engineering graduate of the Prestigious Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU) Anambra State, Vivian came top of her class, emerging the best graduating student in the department.

On how she was able to achieve her academic successes, Vivian attributed her feats to her personal philosophy of self discipline, goal setting, consistency and passion for education. "I set short term goals which include being prompt to lectures, submitting my assignments on time and setting targets for all my courses, all these helped me to achieve my long term goal of excellent grades", she added.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 1:49am On Jul 03, 2022
Anambra State Government to Embark on Massive Industrialisation Drive

By Rita Okonkwo

Awka, 1st July 2022 (MOI) Anambra State Government has expressed readiness to embark on a massive industrialisation drive to transform the economy of the State from import-based to a manufacturing and production hub.

The Commissioner for Commerce and Industry Dr Obinna Ngonadi, while interfacing with the management of Onitsha Business School in Awka on 1st July, said the intention of Soludo administration is to create more wealth and jobs through investments.

Ngonadi disclosed government plans to revive moribund industries, as well as modify the "umu boi"(apprenticeship) scheme through training and empowerment.

He said there are plans also to create industrial clusters for SMEs, attract foreign investors, and create a suitable environment for local investors as a way of encouraging local production/manufacturing.

According to him, there are measures to establish export processing zones around Onitsha and environs with the right infrastructure in place to help local manufacturers engage in export of their products.

"The meeting with the Business School will fine-tune the arrangements, and will leverage on their research work and wealth of experience to build a more robust economy for the State".

On his part, the Director General of Onitsha Business School, and the International Coordinator, Nigeria Exporters Consortium (NEXCON) Prof Olusegun Oludapo Sogbesan said his team is ready to work with the State government.

The Director said their expertise will help the State government to find expression out of its numerous resources.

Soludo TV
Anambra Broadcasting Service - ABS
NTA Network News

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by wiseoneking: 2:32am On Jul 03, 2022
Ebubu3:

Are you awusa. Why do you sound like a traitor here. Join hands in building and stop making other igbos to look down on Ebonyi. We are all equals but I think massive literacy and education should be encouraged by your government.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 7:05am On Jul 03, 2022
Meanwhile Awka township stadium is now the new base of Enugu rangers.

Update from yesterday football match between Enugu rangers and Shooting stars of Ibadan...

Anambra is always getting it right back to back
https://www.nairaland.com/do_share?redirect=%2F7043711%2Fdid-obiano-work%23111297225&session=781A960C7E7FE560BD0ADE257BDFB1BC2A1091BC98402874B6AFF476C4914E02&post=111297225

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ebubu3: 8:24am On Jul 03, 2022
wiseoneking:
Are you awusa. Why do you sound like a traitor here. Join hands in building and stop making other igbos to look down on Ebonyi. We are all equals but I think massive literacy and education should be encouraged by your government.
you call me a traitor and hausa and still call ebonyi my government, then accuse me of promoting division whereas you're the one who first did undecided

EBONYI IS NOT IGBO

IGBO HAS 4 STATES
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NkanuSon: 10:54am On Jul 03, 2022
Who want u to be igbo??,just look at the destruction u guys did in anambra through your brother Simon ekpa,from he's name self it shows u people are not really igbos,focus on your state and leave the 4 Igbo states alone,u guys are no different with fulanis,u people don't build only to destroy what others have built bcs of jealosy
Ebubu3:
you call me a traitor and hausa and still call ebonyi my government, then accuse me of promoting division whereas you're the one who first did undecided

EBONYI IS NOT IGBO

IGBO HAS 4 STATES

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 1:36pm On Jul 03, 2022
investnow2013:
Anambra State Government to Embark on Massive Industrialisation Drive

By Rita Okonkwo

Awka, 1st July 2022 (MOI) Anambra State Government has expressed readiness to embark on a massive industrialisation drive to transform the economy of the State from import-based to a manufacturing and production hub.

The Commissioner for Commerce and Industry Dr Obinna Ngonadi, while interfacing with the management of Onitsha Business School in Awka on 1st July, said the intention of Soludo administration is to create more wealth and jobs through investments.

Ngonadi disclosed government plans to revive moribund industries, as well as modify the "umu boi"(apprenticeship) scheme through training and empowerment.

He said there are plans also to create industrial clusters for SMEs, attract foreign investors, and create a suitable environment for local investors as a way of encouraging local production/manufacturing.

According to him, there are measures to establish export processing zones around Onitsha and environs with the right infrastructure in place to help local manufacturers engage in export of their products.

"The meeting with the Business School will fine-tune the arrangements, and will leverage on their research work and wealth of experience to build a more robust economy for the State".

On his part, the Director General of Onitsha Business School, and the International Coordinator, Nigeria Exporters Consortium (NEXCON) Prof Olusegun Oludapo Sogbesan said his team is ready to work with the State government.

The Director said their expertise will help the State government to find expression out of its numerous resources.

Soludo TV
Anambra Broadcasting Service - ABS
NTA Network News

Some of the Commissioners in the current dispensation could be the types of people described as "Resume Warriors"

On their resume written by professional resume writers, they look very good. But in reality, they lack experience in doing what is required in an environment where they are not spoon-fed and micro-managed on what to do.

Imagine that we have a commissioner for youths and sports in Anambra, yet the pitch of the recently completed Awka City stadium is flooded with mud and red soil? Who has taken Monimichelle up on its obligation to continuously maintain the pitch? How did it happen that laterite sand was used to set the pitch instead of white river sand?

The same issue is currently happening at the new International Conference center. Tall grass is already overgrowing the environment with no events going on there and no attempt to get a private sector hotel there to help in the maintenance of the facility.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 2:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
ChimaAdeoye:

Some of the Commissioners in the current dispensation could be the types of people described as "Resume Warriors"

On their resume written by professional resume writers, they look very good. But in reality, they lack experience in doing what is required in an environment where they are not spoon-fed and micro-managed on what to do.

Imagine that we have a commissioner for youths and sports in Anambra, yet the pitch of the recently completed Awka City stadium is flooded with mud and red soil? Who has taken Monimichelle up on its obligation to continuously maintain the pitch? How did it happen that laterite sand was used to set the pitch instead of white river sand?

The same issue is currently happening at the new International Conference center. Tall grass is already overgrowing the environment with no events going on there and no attempt to get a private sector hotel there to help in the maintenance of the facility.

I am not sure your pictures are current. See the Stadium as at yesterday rangers was playing there

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02gRBFJUaWyMNtt6UktuzvQQfsJ3NkAX8bbY3gvh195cmHa9bNF2V4t6xV7F15MNxGl&id=100000223028022

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 3:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
ANSMEDIA:

I am not sure your pictures are current. See the Stadium as at yesterday rangers was playing there

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02gRBFJUaWyMNtt6UktuzvQQfsJ3NkAX8bbY3gvh195cmHa9bNF2V4t6xV7F15MNxGl&id=100000223028022

Oga,

I am not here to bash Anambra state or post silly propaganda information from 6 months ago to deceive people. I am here to point out what isn't going well. So that those in authority can tackle it now before it's irreparable.

Awka City stadium pitch has progressively gotten worse in the last 2 - 3 months when the rains started. You can clearly see the state of the pitch from when it was launched 6 months ago, to about 1-2 months ago when the Enugu Rangers started using it as their base. To the video yesterday by Imagination TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxwBGwDp0n8

You could clearly see that colored Mud water had percolated and caked into areas of the main pitch. My aim is to point it out NOW, so that someone can restore the pitch instead of hiding the problem until the entire pitch deteriorates and it will cost another billion to replace the entire thing! Or the stadium is finally abandoned after all the hard work.

It is for exactly the same reason that i mentioned the Awka ICC, because is saw a recent video of the place and grass had already started growing around it! You'd thought that there would be some interim plans to keep maintaining the place until the facility is able to host the planned 4 - hotel complex that would guarantee its constant maintenance.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 3:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
ChimaAdeoye:

Oga,

I am not here to bash Anambra state or post silly propaganda information from 6 months ago to deceive people. I am here to point out what isn't going well. So that those in authority can tackle it now before it's irreparable.

Awka City stadium pitch has progressively gotten worse in the last 2 - 3 months when the rains started. You can clearly see the state of the pitch from when it was launched 6 months ago, to about 1-2 months ago when the Enugu Rangers started using it as their base. To the video yesterday by Imagination TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxwBGwDp0n8

You could clearly see that colored Mud water had percolated and caked into areas of the main pitch. My aim is to point it out NOW, so that someone can restore the pitch instead of hiding the problem until the entire pitch deteriorates and it will cost another billion to replace the entire thing! Or the stadium is finally abandoned after all the hard work.

It is for exactly the same reason that i mentioned the Awka ICC, because is saw a recent video of the place and grass had already started growing around it! You'd thought that there would be some interim plans to keep maintaining the place until the facility is able to host the planned 4 - hotel complex that would guarantee its constant maintenance.

Oga please don't misunderstand me, I just posted the pictures as at yesterday that rangers was there.
This was just yesterday

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02N6tcm8GiicBYMkc6MhbJgQoBcQANpt9HSnHyNwPhcyeiEsYt7DcqjNrQ9Bmwk98Tl&id=100000223028022

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by satandeterrible: 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
ANSMEDIA:

Oga please don't misunderstand me, I just posted the pictures as at yesterday that rangers was there.
This was just yesterday

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02N6tcm8GiicBYMkc6MhbJgQoBcQANpt9HSnHyNwPhcyeiEsYt7DcqjNrQ9Bmwk98Tl&id=100000223028022
Just grab the point he's making.
The staduim and the ICC seem not be receiving enough maintainance as they should.
The commissioners in charge need to be called out and made to sit up.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
satandeterrible:

Just grab the point he's making.
The staduim and the ICC seem not be receiving enough maintainance as they should.
The commissioners in charge need to be called out and made to sit up.
Special adviser, he said stadium and you added ICC (Your own wish)... Ndi odi ka ula bulu onwu. I just hope you don't add Second Niger bridge in ur next comment.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NoQualmz: 6:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
Abia state o grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) ... (1317) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.