Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2075023 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (1317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 9:14am On Aug 23, 2019

Regional Partnership : Ebonyi Investment Promotion Agency Visits ANSIPPA

As part of the needs to develop a strategic regional collaboration to
build an attractive investment zone in the Southeast, Ebonyi State
Investment Promotion Agency paid a visit to Anambra State Investment
Promotion and Protection Agency, ANSIPPA.

The visit, according to the leader of the delegation is to learn from
Anambra State the strategies that have enhanced their success in
attracting investors to the state.
The Leader of Ebonyi State Investment Promotion Agency delegation, Dr
Austin Nweze, who is also a member of the Ebonyi state Internal
Revenue Board said they came to Anambra state to seek for ways to
revive their ailing government owned companies, as they found Anambra
state as where investments have thrived.
Welcoming the team, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer
of ANSIPPA, Mr Jide Ikeakor harped on team management, ownership
structure and relationship as key for positive delivery in investments
and projects.

Mr Ikeakor whose presentation focused on “Effective Organizations
structure for an Investment Promotion Agency” said to attract
increased flow of investments, creation of new institutions and
rehabilitation of old ones requires a pragmatic and efficient
organizational framework that can turn around their investment climate
to attract more Foreign Direct Investments, FDI and Domestic Direct
Investments, DDI.

The Executive Director of ANSIPPA, Mr Ifediora Amobi observed that the
promotion and protection of investments can be enhanced through a
Public Private Partnership, pointing out that regional collaboration,
aggressive marketing with skill driven initiatives can grow the
economy of the region.

In their respective presentations, the Senior Special Assistant to
Governor Obiano on Investments, Mrs Uju Manafa-Nwume who spoke on “One Stop Service Center” harped on the need to eliminate stress and delay
for investor and commended Governor Obiano for providing the enabling
environment for ANSIPPA to deliver its mandate, while the Senior
Special Assistant to Governor Obiano on Legal in ANSIPPA, Barrister
Stanley Mamelu spoke on “State, Investors, Projects and Memorandum of
Understanding” and called for caution in drafting agreements in a way
to balance the interest of the state and the Investor.

The visiting team were later taken to Anambra Computerized Vehicle
Inspection Center, Awka where the Head, VIO, Mr Christopher Okeke
explained that such facility does not only enhance ease of doing
business, but can boost safety as he demonstrated their mode of
operations to the visitors

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Armon: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2019
The millennium city project, and the Ebonyi state visit to ANSIPPA is a pointer that Willie Obiano is working....also.. all those whose said that MOUs signed are senseless and empty should be disappointed....

Thumbs up to Anambra state.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by uduokirika1(m): 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
Armon:
The millennium city project, and the Ebonyi state visit to ANSIPPA is a pointer that Willie Obiano is working....also.. all those whose said that MOUs signed are senseless and empty should be disappointed....

Thumbs up to Anambra state.

Scam millennium city without ordinary access road

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2019
uduokirika1:

Please watch this video from start to end. If you don't have data, that's not the reason for you to come here and put up a silly barefaced lie just to misinform some gullible people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeLBjivlNyY

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by uduokirika1(m): 7:45am On Aug 24, 2019
AmericanQuarter:

Please watch this video from start to end. If you don't have data, that's not the reason for you to come here and put up a silly barefaced lie just to misinform some gullible people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeLBjivlNyY

which video? after watching the cargo airport video 4years ago what happened or the ICC that is now an abandoned elephant project!!!!!!

a serious government would have started construction of access roads, drainages the three arm zone before starting to sell plots.

Let me tell you what will happen here;

1. indiscriminate sales of plots to land speculators who would buy, divide and resell to individuals

2. Uncoordinated development without proper regulations with the schemes of the layout

3. There is no activity centres to draw development rather what we would have will series of residential and student hostel buildings.

I watched the video and laughed when the CEO of the company said one hundred million naira has been awarded for the fencing of the " millennium city" should that be the priority?

these men are just out there to make money from sales of plots nothing more nothing less reasons why they were quick to commission a sales office

lol

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 7:53am On Aug 24, 2019
uduokirika1:

.l

Was it only fence he talked about in the video? Please watch it again and revert. If you don't have data, please say so. Don't dabble into what you don't know. Please go to their website and read up about the development of area. MPI has planned the area, and will provide roads and build up some parts to show example. There are different zones in the area for different types accommodations, ranging from residential to educational to commercial etc. Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by uduokirika1(m): 7:57am On Aug 24, 2019
AmericanQuarter:

Was it only fence he talked about in the video? Please watch it again and revert. If you don't have data, please say so. Thanks
you have nothing to counter my assertions as usual
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 8:08am On Aug 24, 2019
uduokirika1:
you have nothing to counter my assertions as usual

Your arguments are baseless due to lack of education about the project. All your questions are here in their website www.awkamillenniumcity.com[

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TundeBricklayer: 8:56am On Aug 24, 2019
uduokirika1:

which video? after watching the cargo airport video 4years ago what happened or the ICC that is now an abandoned elephant project!!!!!!

a serious government would have started construction of access roads, drainages the three arm zone before starting to sell plots.

1. indiscriminate sales of plots to land speculators who would buy, divide and resell to individuals

2. Uncoordinated development without proper regulations with the schemes of the layout

3. There is no activity centres to draw development rather what we would have will series of residential and student hostel buildings.

I watched the video and laughed when the CEO of the company said one hundred million naira has been awarded for the fencing of the " millennium city" should that be the priority?

these men are just out there to make money from sales of plots nothing more nothing less reasons why they were quick to commission a sales office

lol
Those projects you listed are going on, not aboundon especially ICC not posting the update here doesn't mean they are aboundoned, I have been very busy that why you guys are not seeing my update, last two weeks I was going to Enugu, I saw them working on the site and it was on Sunday, they're now in first floor, my be I will go there tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AuntLaVIV(f): 10:57am On Aug 24, 2019
SlowDog drops new single- Dubai 2 Onitsha (Official Video) ft. Magnito

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Nb2585OUo

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Unbiased1: 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2019
I just opened the Awka millennium city website and was surprised that they used the picture of Abeokuta to represent Awka.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by legitnow: 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2019
Unbiased1:
I just opened the Awka millennium city website and was surprised that they used the picture of Abeokuta to represent Awka.

DONT BUILD ANY USELESS CITY WITH OUT, PROVIDING SHOPS ALL ACROSS TO AVOID STREET SELLING.

THERE SHOULD BE AS MUCH SHOPS AS HOUSES.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TundeBricklayer: 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2019
Unbiased1:
I don’t know who designed the site.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by uduokirika1(m): 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2019
TundeBricklayer:
I don’t know who designed the site.
Scam millennium city
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TundeBricklayer: 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2019
uduokirika1:

Scam millennium city
Your thoughts will change soon, I'm very confident with the investor, Clem Nwagbo is a man I worked with when I was serving in Lagos, I said it here earlier, when the MOU was signed, I can't vouch for Obiano, but for Clem his eyes are on the ball, you have every right to be cynical.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 24, 2019
You are very correct. The project has reached first floor level. Its better to argue from an informed position.
TundeBricklayer:

Those projects you listed are going on, not aboundon especially ICC not posting the update here doesn't mean they are aboundoned, I have been very busy that why you guys are not seeing my update, last two weeks I was going to Enugu, I saw them working on the site and it was on Sunday, they're now in first floor, my be I will go there tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AuntLaVIV(f): 8:53pm On Aug 24, 2019
Rudeboy clubs at Bae lounge Awka

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Armon: 11:01pm On Aug 24, 2019
uduokirika1:

lol

Tell me was it Peter obi that was a serious Government?... The oba airport he start selling the lands indiscriminately.... Never did a thing about it....now Obiano kept the dream alive you are talking...
The three arm zone you talking about obviously Obi didn't touch it....
You said Awka is uncoordinated and unregulated proper development....I can categorically say Awka is better regulated than all the past administrations....

All Obi so called icon projects was never completed infact they were all at early stages during his tenure yet you all sang praise to him....8yrs)

Obiano has built Bridges and connected many communities in Anambra that has been cut off by Anambra rivers... which all the whole 8years of Obi he never attempted it...yet he is a drunkard..

The Obiano MOU's he signed they sang is empty and useless...yet things are happening evidently... however is not convincing to them..., Anambra is top of their game attracting investors which was noticed by Ebonyi Government.

The security in Anambra is way more better than before under obi yet people keep abusing Obiano...

All I have to say is criticize some one reasonably and not randomly and maliciously...

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by uduokirika1(m): 11:22pm On Aug 24, 2019
Armon:

Tell me was it Peter obi that was a serious Government?... The oba airport he start selling the lands indiscriminately.... Never did a thing about it....now Obiano kept the dream alive you are talking...
You said Awka is uncoordinated and unregulated proper development....I can categorically say Awka is better regulated than all the past administrations....

All Obi so called icon projects was never completed infact they were all at early stages during his tenure yet you all sang praise to him....8yrs)

Obiano has built Bridges and connected many communities in Anambra that has been cut off by Anambra rivers... which all the whole 8years of Obi he never attempted it...yet he is a drunkard..

The Obiano MOU's he signed they sang is empty and useless...yet things are happening evidently... however is not convincing to them..., Anambra is top of their game attracting investors which was noticed by Ebonyi Government.

The security in Anambra is way more better than before under obi yet people keep abusing Obiano...

All I have to say is criticize some one reasonably and not randomly and maliciously...
please nobody is doing a comparative analysis of any administration rather pointing out anomalies with respect to effective and sustainable urban development.
thank you

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 2:58am On Aug 25, 2019
Armon:

Why are you wasting your time with bitter election losers. Most of them were comparing Umahi to Obiano but today Umahi is the one coming to take lessons from obiano. Dont waste your time with them, they are heavily financed by peter obi and only found online.

Every sane Anambra person knows obiano is the best thing to happen to Anambra state. If Peter obi whose tenure enjoyed oil boom and no recession achieved up to 40% of what Obiano has achieved in his tenure, Anambra would be competing favorably with Lagos by now.

People like uduokirika1 only wish for Obiano to fail so they can advance their agenda but they are the one failing every time. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 3:22am On Aug 25, 2019
globemoney:

If Peter obi whose tenure enjoyed oil boom and no recession achieved up to 40% of what Obiano has achieved in his tenure, Anambra would be competing favorably with Lagos by now.

You people's obssession with Lagos is both sickening and tragic. Lagos is one of the worst cities in the world. Yet, that is what other Nigerian cities aspire to become. It simply shows Nigeria truly has NO HOPE of developing into a functional developed country.

Reminds me of when a supposed leader of thought in Nnewi told me the aspiration is to make Nnewi like Onitsha or Aba! It was so sad that we actually wanted to develop another Igbo city like Aba and Onitsha?

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 7:35am On Aug 25, 2019
What You Need To Know About Onitsha City Marathon

By Mudashiru Shittu

The maiden Edition of the Onitsha City Marathon will kick off on October 5, 2019 and according to the Chief Promoter of the first Marathon in South east. Professor Olusegun Sogbesan, the objective of the Marathon is to place Onitsha City on the global map as a Center of Sporting Excellence.

Race Date : October 5, 2019

Start Time : 6.30 am

Distance : 21km (Half Marathon)

Start Point : Onitsha Mall

Finish Point : Chuba Ikpeazu Stadium

Registration fee : Free

Eligibility : Open to medically fit elite and fun runners.

Projected Participants : 20,000

Route Certification : Certified by AIMS/IAAF

Route Measurer : Norrie Williamson, An AIMS/IAAF Grade A measurer.

Routes: Shoprite Mall —- Dennis Memorial Secondary School- Oguta – New Cemetery Roads – MCC – Head Bridge – Express Way – Upper Iweka – Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Mausoluem-Nkpor Junction- Awka Road – Finish point ; Chuba Ikpeazu Stadium , by Ime Obi Stadium .

Vision : To be the best half Marathon in Nigeria and Africa in terms of organization, management and Number of participants.

Mission : To be a platform for discovering, developing and deploying Sports talents with Onitsha and its environ and Africa at large.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 7:39am On Aug 25, 2019
AmericanQuarter:

As part of the needs to develop a strategic regional collaboration to
build an attractive investment zone in the Southeast, Ebonyi State
Investment Promotion Agency paid a visit to Anambra State Investment
Promotion and Protection Agency, ANSIPPA.

The visit, according to the leader of the delegation is to learn from
Anambra State the strategies that have enhanced their success in
attracting investors to the state.
The Leader of Ebonyi State Investment Promotion Agency delegation, Dr
Austin Nweze, who is also a member of the Ebonyi state Internal
Revenue Board said they came to Anambra state to seek for ways to
revive their ailing government owned companies, as they found Anambra
state as where investments have thrived.
Welcoming the team, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer
of ANSIPPA, Mr Jide Ikeakor harped on team management, ownership
structure and relationship as key for positive delivery in investments
and projects.

Mr Ikeakor whose presentation focused on “Effective Organizations
structure for an Investment Promotion Agency” said to attract
increased flow of investments, creation of new institutions and
rehabilitation of old ones requires a pragmatic and efficient
organizational framework that can turn around their investment climate
to attract more Foreign Direct Investments, FDI and Domestic Direct
Investments, DDI.

The Executive Director of ANSIPPA, Mr Ifediora Amobi observed that the
promotion and protection of investments can be enhanced through a
Public Private Partnership, pointing out that regional collaboration,
aggressive marketing with skill driven initiatives can grow the
economy of the region.

In their respective presentations, the Senior Special Assistant to
Governor Obiano on Investments, Mrs Uju Manafa-Nwume who spoke on “One Stop Service Center” harped on the need to eliminate stress and delay
for investor and commended Governor Obiano for providing the enabling
environment for ANSIPPA to deliver its mandate, while the Senior
Special Assistant to Governor Obiano on Legal in ANSIPPA, Barrister
Stanley Mamelu spoke on “State, Investors, Projects and Memorandum of
Understanding” and called for caution in drafting agreements in a way
to balance the interest of the state and the Investor.

The visiting team were later taken to Anambra Computerized Vehicle
Inspection Center, Awka where the Head, VIO, Mr Christopher Okeke
explained that such facility does not only enhance ease of doing
business, but can boost safety as he demonstrated their mode of
operations to the visitors

This is the way to go. Learning from each other for overall growth and development of southeast.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Unbiased1: 9:33am On Aug 25, 2019
ANSMEDIA:
What You Need To Know About Onitsha City Marathon

By Mudashiru Shittu

The maiden Edition of the Onitsha City Marathon will kick off on October 5, 2019 and according to the Chief Promoter of the first Marathon in South east. Professor Olusegun Sogbesan, the objective of the Marathon is to place Onitsha City on the global map as a Center of Sporting Excellence.

Race Date : October 5, 2019

Start Time : 6.30 am

Distance : 21km (Half Marathon)

Start Point : Onitsha Mall

Finish Point : Chuba Ikpeazu Stadium

Registration fee : Free

Eligibility : Open to medically fit elite and fun runners.

Projected Participants : 20,000

Route Certification : Certified by AIMS/IAAF

Route Measurer : Norrie Williamson, An AIMS/IAAF Grade A measurer.

Routes: Shoprite Mall —- Dennis Memorial Secondary School- Oguta – New Cemetery Roads – MCC – Head Bridge – Express Way – Upper Iweka – Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Mausoluem-Nkpor Junction- Awka Road – Finish point ; Chuba Ikpeazu Stadium , by Ime Obi Stadium .

Vision : To be the best half Marathon in Nigeria and Africa in terms of organization, management and Number of participants.

Mission : To be a platform for discovering, developing and deploying Sports talents with Onitsha and its environ and Africa at large.

So Athletes from other countries will have to fly to Abuja or Lagos then take another flight to Enugu or Owerri before entering a bus to Onitsha through our dilapidated federal roads? That vision stated above will obviously be difficult to achieve because Anambra's airport is not ready yet.
Is there a price to be won by the athletes who finish 1st, 2nd and 3rd because, that is what Lagos state government did to attract people from many African countries to participate in the yearly Lagos marathon
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 11:11am On Aug 25, 2019
Unbiased1:

So Athletes from other countries will have to fly to Abuja or Lagos?
Is there a price to be won by the athletes who finish 1st, 2nd and 3rd because, that is what Lagos state government did to attract people from many African countries to participate in the yearly Lagos marathon

International runners are going to come either through Abuja or Lagos, then join local flight to Asaba airport, from there its just 15-20mins to Onitsha on a solid well paved multi lane road. Read more about the marathon and what's in it for the runners. https://onitshacitymarathon.com/

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2019
Most of the miscreants here that benchmark with Lagos have never left the shores of the shithole country so they think this bad is better than this terrible. People still think Lagos should be a model city need help. Is it Onitsha and Aba without sidewalks, parks and greenzones. Onitsha is even worst with Nnewi because nobody is addressing the population explosion going out as well as ecological problems the cities face.

Move through Niger Street and around main market you will spit on Obiano's bald head and curse anybody that is praises him

ChimaAdeoye:

You people's obssession with Lagos is both sickening and tragic. Lagos is one of the worst cities in the world. Yet, that is what other Nigerian cities aspire to become. It simply shows Nigeria truly has NO HOPE of developing into a functional developed country.

Reminds me of when a supposed leader of thought in Nnewi told me the aspiration is to make Nnewi like Onitsha or Aba! It was so sad that we actually wanted to develop another Igbo city like Aba and Onitsha?

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SpaceTour: 1:09pm On Aug 26, 2019
DawatNama:
I AM CURSED

Useless frustrated poverty inflicted miscreant. Ebuka iheabunike come back here, you were so lucky that i didn't catch you when you came here. Make pim here again and i will show the world the bastard behind the Dawatnama account. Come back here again, lemme show the whole world your useless fat ugly wife and that piggery house you are living in.

Imagine a miserable frustrated miscreant calling others miscreant.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SpaceTour: 1:13pm On Aug 26, 2019
Ebuka iheabunike aka Dawatnama, you purposely uploaded this pic on your profile to deceive people. I have your real pictures and i am ready to show everyone who you really are. It pains me that a jobless miscreant like you would be calling people that are far better than you 'miscreants'. Lemme hear pim from you here.

The below pic you put in your profile is not your real picture. Make pim again here. Idiot

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 1:19pm On Aug 26, 2019
I was able to cover ICC Awka as I promised last week, although security didn't allow me, I found a way to take few pictures, let me start with Eze-Uzu roundabout, all the roundabout in Anambra are being redesign by Awka capital development Authority(ACDA) , they are the ones that redesigned and reconstructed, Zik's roundabout Onitsha, Ogidi roundabout, Eze-Uzu roundabout and ongoing Amawbia roundabout.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2019
The contractor handling the project is the same contractor that built Agulu Lake hotel, I went there yesterday being Sunday, and the were on site working

Ongoing International conference center Awka.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 2:00pm On Aug 26, 2019
Completion of amphitheatre at Women development center Awka still on course

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2019
Women development center

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (1317) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.