Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,842 members, 7,862,757 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:57 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2118196 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (1327) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by imaxdocuments: 9:12am On Apr 06, 2021
TheIstOfHisName:
Chief Chinedu Benson Madubuko (Ezeani Chinechendo), CE0 of Chico Groups, completes and commissions 11km of coal-tarred road in his Adazi-ani community, Anaocha LGA of Anambra state.

5/04/2021

11kms no be moi moi. Chico you have done well for your Adazi community. That's the spirit of Anambra

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by emmamajesty: 11:48am On Apr 06, 2021
leicestercamper:
Bla Bla Bla..

Always spewing nonsense evil minded creature. Take this fact into your head. The best planned city in the entire eastern region is Onitsha. The Google earth is there to cure your stark ignorance. Anambra has the widest and best road networks in the region, if you doubt me, show me any road like this in your state. Take your envy and frustration to Enugu thread, no one needs your useless worthless input here.

[s][/s]
Always complaining bro, the guy u are quoting is saying the fact

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 11:52am On Apr 06, 2021
[s]
emmamajesty:
Always complaining bro, the guy u are quoting is saying the fact
[/s]

The guy is saying nonsense, while the guy you quoted is saying the right thing. Meanwhile your Imo state is under terrorists grip. Terrorists have been bombing Owerri and releasing prisoners, but you chose to be here instead of going to Imo thread to find a way forward for your useless state since your supreme court governor is confused and overwhelmed

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OldGuard: 1:09pm On Apr 06, 2021
Please someone should update us on the Airport and ICC project

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 06, 2021
GitmoAuditors:

Show us pictures anywhere else in the entire eastern region where you can find 10 lanes superhighway like this.
oga I just inform you, if you like don't believe
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 2:03pm On Apr 06, 2021
eduj:

oga I just inform you, if you like don't believe

Oga pictures are the only prove. Inugo
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by film3four: 8:43pm On Apr 06, 2021
Celebrities storm Onitsha for Easter celebration. A-list singers led by Davido, Phino, stormed Onitsha for Easter celebration. The event held at Onitsha mall attracted so many celebrities to the city. The event was sponsored by Ned Okonkwo the CEO of Crest Homes NIgeria Limited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJDeJ5QZz7Q

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by film3four: 8:46pm On Apr 06, 2021
Phino, Zubby and Cubana chief priest

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Bogus001: 9:50pm On Apr 06, 2021
Home  Features

Anambra airport: Obiano’s wonderland

• NCAA, NASS, stakeholders commend governor

6th April 2021

SHARES

From Obinna Odogwu, Awka

Anambra State governor, Chief Willie Obiano, had in 2017 kicked off construction work at Anambra International Cargo Airport in Umueri community in Anambra East Local Government Area of the state.

He said that this signature project of his administration would not cost the state a dime as a Chinese company, Sinoking International, would fund it on the basis of build-operate-manage-transfer.

But more than two years of inactivity at the project site had set tongues wagging; many residents were already tongue-lashing the state government, saying that it had failed. Some said that it was a sort of scam designed to siphon public funds.

To others, it was a pipe dream; another white elephant that would not see the light of day; in fact, a ploy to divert attention from the perceived underperformance of the governor.

While to some others, especially government officials and leaders of the ruling All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), the project would not only be executed but done with all the seriousness it deserved.

In what appeared as a move to redeem his image, the governor approached the State House of Assembly with a budget proposal of N6 billion to enable him commence the execution of the project. The money was captured in the 2020 budget. But rather than get grilled, the Assembly, populated by members from the governor’s party, APGA, approved the budgeted sum for their ‘principal.’

That U-turn by the governor sparked public outcry, with many residents of the state demanding that the project be suspended and the N6 billion used to construct new roads and reconstruct dilapidated ones. They argued that it would benefit the greater population of the people.

Clarifying why the government made the U-turn, Commissioner for Works, Marcel Ifejiofor, at a press conference in Awka, told journalists that the state government put the N6 billion in the then proposed 2020 budget because the Chinese company was wasting time.

He said the governor was a man of his word and, therefore, needed to start doing something about the project, since he had already promised the people an airport.

Ifejiofor said: “The governor is a man of his word, and since he had already promised the people a cargo airport, he did not want to go back on his word. So, he budgeted N6 billion for the project in the 2020 budget.

“There is a foreign partner, and they are sorting out their funding. As we wait for them, the government will be doing something, and when they eventually come, they will balance us our money.

“That airport is real. We have done the expression of interest, and it is now in the tending service and, before Christmas, the contractors will mobilize to site.

“What we are doing is not just an airport but international cargo airport because our people are predominantly business people and there was a feasibility study before that license was approved.”

The governor had, while flagging off the project in 2017, said that there would be an airport city around the area, which would also host a five-star hotel, a hangar and aviation fuel dump, where aircraft across Nigeria could come for refuelling.

Obiano equally said the project was expected to be completed in 36 months, which would be in April 2020 and would gulp an estimated $2 billion. On November 26, 2019, the governor told Ndi Anambra that the construction work would be completed in less than 18 months from then. That assurance came about four years after the project was launched.

Obiano spoke during the third edition of the Anambra Business and Investment Roundtable held at the Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia, in Awka South LGA. He assured the audience that he would do everything possible to complete the project.

At last, work begins, stuns visitors

The construction work finally commenced in January 2020, about three years after kick-off. The governor, while conducting members of the National Assembly committees on aviation around the project site recently, confirmed that work started in the first week of January.

At the moment, verifiable facts on the ground have laid all the previous arguments and doubts to rest. The project is not only real but work is seriously ongoing. As at March 26, the completion rate of the project had grown tall. To show the world that he had kept his word, Obiano invited some Federal Government officials and lawmakers to assess the level of work on the new airport.

First to be conducted around the project site were officials of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), led by the director-general and CEO, Captain Nuhu Musa.

Musa, while inspecting the facilities, reportedly described the cargo/passenger airport as one of the best airports in Nigeria. He was quoted as saying that he was impressed with the elaborate, carefully planned and masterfully executed jobs at the new airport.

“I am amazed, almost speechless, at the level of work and the level of compliance with our regulatory requirements and also with international standards and recommended practices,” he said.

The NCAA boss said that his tour of the airport facilities had given him a clear view of what the Obiano’s administration had achieved with the project, even as he commended the governor for his determination.

Musa said: “We have gone round the airport. We have a runway of 3.7 kilometres with a runway safety area on both ends of the airport of about 1,000 metres. There’s no airport in Nigeria that has a racer area of 1,000 metres at both ends of the runway.

“It has two taxiways. We have gone to the tower; the control tower is amazing, certainly, if not one of the best control towers in Nigeria today. It will allow big planes and international flights to be landing and taking off here once flight resumes.”

Continuing, he said: “We have seen the fire service station. It’s amazing. It’s going to be a CAT 955 firefighting station. We have also seen the water treatment plant. It takes care of the needs of not only the airport but also of the firefighting service.

“We have seen the emergency evacuation centre, trauma centre, in case, God forbid, anything happens. There’s arrangement to deal with any eventuality. I have seen the operational fence, I have seen the perimeter fence, significantly done or almost completed. And in the vehicle earlier today, I had said that ‘Anambra means business.’ And I mean it when I say Anambra means business.”

Musa further emphasised that everything about the airport was perfect, pointing out that the consultants to the state government on the project had done a great job.

“It is obvious that, when this airport is completed, it is going to be a significant enabler of the economy and growth of this area, the state and the surrounding states here. So, at this point, I congratulate the governor for this legacy project,” he concluded.

The following day, National Assembly Committee on Aviation as well as some APGA stakeholders and top government officials were conducted around the new airport.

Ifejiofor, while giving details about the project, said the terminal building was designed for 400 passengers at a time, racer, control tower, apron; water area for fire service, trauma centre, taxiways and a car park that could accommodate 750 cars.

“Anywhere you are in any part of the world and you say that you are going to 06024, this is the place, Anambra International Cargo and Passenger Airport. Where we are standing now is the 06, the other end is the 024.

“The width of this runway is 60 metres: 45 metres of carriageway and 15 metres of shoulders. Because it is 60 metres, the category of this airport is Category 4F.

“The 4F means that it can take any plane. Because of the category of this airport, the category of the fire service given to us is Category 9 because of the big planes that will be coming here.

“The orientation of this airport is such that you can land from either side of the airport. You can land from 06; you can land from 024. This airport will be equipped with CAT 2 light. About 90 per cent of the airports in the whole world use CAT 2 light. It means that you can land at the worst of weather. But, secondly, this airport is equipped with a satellite system that, when the CAT 2 fails, the plane can land with the satellite in this airport.

“We have a racer of one kilometre. Racer is the safe zone. We have it on both sides of the runway; one kilometre this way and one kilometre that way. The beginning of CAT2 light is one kilometre from where we are standing now.

“This runway is ready. Once we do the finishing test we are ready to go and we’ll do the marking. Beneath this asphalt you’re seeing, we have laid our piping for CAT 2 light.

“These piping are done with coordinates. So, once the lighting is here, we use the coordinates to pick them and we fix the lights; and the runway is 100 per cent completed.

“The terminal building has 36 shops. It is equipped with three lifts, three escalators and a ramp for the disabled. The roof you’re looking at is doubly done.

“We put the first roof, put the lagging material, a wool and put the final one because there won’t be a ceiling here. So, that should reduce the heat that will be coming down.

“This building is done with steel. Everything here is steel except a few blocks you can see and the fabrication is done locally because, during the COVID-19, His Excellency directed that we are not going to import anything because of the logistics. So, all the fabrications you see here are all done in Aba, Abia State.

“In this arrival hall, the conveyor belts where you pick your luggage are here. And all the security gadgets that will be here have been paid for. On this ramp, we equally have an elevator; 560mm is the thickness of the apron. It was doubly reinforced with 16mm rods. And we have some manholes so that, in case it rains, we want to make sure that there is no water on top of the way.

“In as much as we sloped it to the drain in front of the terminal building, we put these manholes that will pick the pockets of water that may remain so that, once it rains, there will be no water here,” Ifejiofor explained.

Daily Sun gathered that Obiano hired seven supervisors and consultants to ensure that the state got the best possible. He said the airport has the longest runway in Africa.

“Because of the racer, a racer is this extra 1km here and the extra 1km there. The length of this whole runway is 5.7km. This is the longest runway in Africa certified by the NCAA. Lagos has only one racer.

“This airport has two racers on both sides. Again, you can land from either side of the runway. You can land from the other way; you can land from this way. That’s the advantage of this runway.

“The pipes have been laid. They know the coordinates. So, as soon as the light comes in another eight days or thereabouts, they will start fixing the lights; that is, the CAT 2 light.

“There is no airport in Nigeria that has a satellite landing system. This is the only airport in Nigeria that has it. You can confirm that from the NCAA. They will tell you that. And we did it deliberately.

“This airport will be the busiest in Africa, purely because of the orientation of our people, mostly traders. We travel a lot and what have you.

“In five days’ time maximum, we would have finished everything about this runway. Just five days. A month and half ago, we finished everything about the two taxiways.

“The apron where the plane finally arrives, we finished it over a month ago. So, everything about this runway will be completed in five days. The two taxiways, completed already. Apron completed.

“This airport will be functional in a month’s time. We started it in January 2020. So, we worked all through COVID, day and night. And that’s why we are able to achieve all this.

“This airport will be finished next month and we are working day and night to ensure that that is accomplished.

“Since I started building this airport, anytime I get to any airport in the world, I try to see what they have that I can copy. The lifespan for this control tower is 300 years.”

Chairmen of the Senate and House of Representatives’ Committees on Aviation, Smart Adeyemi and Nnolim Nnaji, respectively,  commended Obiano saying that they were impressed with the work done so far.

Adeyemi said the governor had taken the right action, as aviation was key to the socioeconomic development of any political entity.

“I can see, by all considerations, that this is one of the best airports that we have. There is no doubt about it. I have had the privilege to some extent, just like you, to have travelled to quite a number of countries.

“And I can tell you that I have seen quite a number of runways and I’m not in doubt that apart from the length of this runway, I can see the purity of the materials. I can see the mixture of the asphalt. I can see the mixture of the cements that were used; I can see the height of the tower, and others.

“To me, what you have just done is beyond helping Anambra State economically. You’re not only helping Anambra and the South-East in general but also helping Nigeria as a whole.

“To me, you’re doing just the right thing for our people and our nation. The people of the South-East are highly endowed people, highly enterprising people. You’re a people with a highly promising future with what I have seen here in Anambra State.

“In Nigeria, most of our airports are not viable but they’re essential. For a commercial airport to be viable, you should be talking about not less than 5,000 passengers every year passing through or coming into that airport.

“There are airports in Nigeria with less than 5,000 passengers per annum. And they are airports. Today, Lagos Airport constitutes about 65 per cent of the revenue of aviation.

“But I can see that next to Lagos is this place we are standing, Anambra Airport. This is because you’re providing the platform for this region to accelerate its God-given potential. The people here are naturally endowed with a lot of gifts that need to be taken outside our shores”, Adeyemi said.

On their part, Senators Uche Ekwunife and Ifeanyi Ubah, who represent Anambra Central and South, respectively, and also the traditional ruler of Alor community, Igwe MacAnthony Okonkwo, commended Obiano highly.

Ekwunife said, irrespective of their political differences, the governor deserved their commendation for his good works on the airport.

“Irrespective of our political affiliations, when you see good work, you commend it. I want to commend you, my governor. To say that I am proud of this project is an understatement. I’m truly very proud of this project.

“And I believe that this is a very viable project and a legacy project. So, I commend you and your government,” Ekwunife said.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ahamefuna0001(m): 10:55pm On Apr 06, 2021
eduj:

owerri has a ten lane road, about a kilometer or more of the section of enugu-ph road across aba is also been expanded to a ten lane highway by Arab contractors ( because of the flyover at osisioma)

Ignore that riffraff. He's not worth the attention
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 11:17pm On Apr 06, 2021
Bogus001:

Home  Features

Anambra airport: Obiano’s wonderland

• NCAA, NASS, stakeholders commend governor

6th April 2021

SHARES

From Obinna Odogwu, Awka

Anambra State governor, Chief Willie Obiano, had in 2017 kicked off construction work at Anambra International Cargo Airport in Umueri community in Anambra East Local Government Area of the state.

He said that this signature project of his administration would not cost the state a dime as a Chinese company, Sinoking International, would fund it on the basis of build-operate-manage-transfer.

But more than two years of inactivity at the project site had set tongues wagging; many residents were already tongue-lashing the state government, saying that it had failed. Some said that it was a sort of scam designed to siphon public funds.

To others, it was a pipe dream; another white elephant that would not see the light of day; in fact, a ploy to divert attention from the perceived underperformance of the governor.

While to some others, especially government officials and leaders of the ruling All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), the project would not only be executed but done with all the seriousness it deserved.

In what appeared as a move to redeem his image, the governor approached the State House of Assembly with a budget proposal of N6 billion to enable him commence the execution of the project. The money was captured in the 2020 budget. But rather than get grilled, the Assembly, populated by members from the governor’s party, APGA, approved the budgeted sum for their ‘principal.’

That U-turn by the governor sparked public outcry, with many residents of the state demanding that the project be suspended and the N6 billion used to construct new roads and reconstruct dilapidated ones. They argued that it would benefit the greater population of the people.

Clarifying why the government made the U-turn, Commissioner for Works, Marcel Ifejiofor, at a press conference in Awka, told journalists that the state government put the N6 billion in the then proposed 2020 budget because the Chinese company was wasting time.

He said the governor was a man of his word and, therefore, needed to start doing something about the project, since he had already promised the people an airport.

Ifejiofor said: “The governor is a man of his word, and since he had already promised the people a cargo airport, he did not want to go back on his word. So, he budgeted N6 billion for the project in the 2020 budget.

“There is a foreign partner, and they are sorting out their funding. As we wait for them, the government will be doing something, and when they eventually come, they will balance us our money.

“That airport is real. We have done the expression of interest, and it is now in the tending service and, before Christmas, the contractors will mobilize to site.

“What we are doing is not just an airport but international cargo airport because our people are predominantly business people and there was a feasibility study before that license was approved.”

The governor had, while flagging off the project in 2017, said that there would be an airport city around the area, which would also host a five-star hotel, a hangar and aviation fuel dump, where aircraft across Nigeria could come for refuelling.

Obiano equally said the project was expected to be completed in 36 months, which would be in April 2020 and would gulp an estimated $2 billion. On November 26, 2019, the governor told Ndi Anambra that the construction work would be completed in less than 18 months from then. That assurance came about four years after the project was launched.

Obiano spoke during the third edition of the Anambra Business and Investment Roundtable held at the Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia, in Awka South LGA. He assured the audience that he would do everything possible to complete the project.

At last, work begins, stuns visitors

The construction work finally commenced in January 2020, about three years after kick-off. The governor, while conducting members of the National Assembly committees on aviation around the project site recently, confirmed that work started in the first week of January.

At the moment, verifiable facts on the ground have laid all the previous arguments and doubts to rest. The project is not only real but work is seriously ongoing. As at March 26, the completion rate of the project had grown tall. To show the world that he had kept his word, Obiano invited some Federal Government officials and lawmakers to assess the level of work on the new airport.

First to be conducted around the project site were officials of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), led by the director-general and CEO, Captain Nuhu Musa.

Musa, while inspecting the facilities, reportedly described the cargo/passenger airport as one of the best airports in Nigeria. He was quoted as saying that he was impressed with the elaborate, carefully planned and masterfully executed jobs at the new airport.

“I am amazed, almost speechless, at the level of work and the level of compliance with our regulatory requirements and also with international standards and recommended practices,” he said.

The NCAA boss said that his tour of the airport facilities had given him a clear view of what the Obiano’s administration had achieved with the project, even as he commended the governor for his determination.

Musa said: “We have gone round the airport. We have a runway of 3.7 kilometres with a runway safety area on both ends of the airport of about 1,000 metres. There’s no airport in Nigeria that has a racer area of 1,000 metres at both ends of the runway.

“It has two taxiways. We have gone to the tower; the control tower is amazing, certainly, if not one of the best control towers in Nigeria today. It will allow big planes and international flights to be landing and taking off here once flight resumes.”

Continuing, he said: “We have seen the fire service station. It’s amazing. It’s going to be a CAT 955 firefighting station. We have also seen the water treatment plant. It takes care of the needs of not only the airport but also of the firefighting service.

“We have seen the emergency evacuation centre, trauma centre, in case, God forbid, anything happens. There’s arrangement to deal with any eventuality. I have seen the operational fence, I have seen the perimeter fence, significantly done or almost completed. And in the vehicle earlier today, I had said that ‘Anambra means business.’ And I mean it when I say Anambra means business.”

Musa further emphasised that everything about the airport was perfect, pointing out that the consultants to the state government on the project had done a great job.

“It is obvious that, when this airport is completed, it is going to be a significant enabler of the economy and growth of this area, the state and the surrounding states here. So, at this point, I congratulate the governor for this legacy project,” he concluded.

The following day, National Assembly Committee on Aviation as well as some APGA stakeholders and top government officials were conducted around the new airport.

Ifejiofor, while giving details about the project, said the terminal building was designed for 400 passengers at a time, racer, control tower, apron; water area for fire service, trauma centre, taxiways and a car park that could accommodate 750 cars.

“Anywhere you are in any part of the world and you say that you are going to 06024, this is the place, Anambra International Cargo and Passenger Airport. Where we are standing now is the 06, the other end is the 024.

“The width of this runway is 60 metres: 45 metres of carriageway and 15 metres of shoulders. Because it is 60 metres, the category of this airport is Category 4F.

“The 4F means that it can take any plane. Because of the category of this airport, the category of the fire service given to us is Category 9 because of the big planes that will be coming here.

“The orientation of this airport is such that you can land from either side of the airport. You can land from 06; you can land from 024. This airport will be equipped with CAT 2 light. About 90 per cent of the airports in the whole world use CAT 2 light. It means that you can land at the worst of weather. But, secondly, this airport is equipped with a satellite system that, when the CAT 2 fails, the plane can land with the satellite in this airport.

“We have a racer of one kilometre. Racer is the safe zone. We have it on both sides of the runway; one kilometre this way and one kilometre that way. The beginning of CAT2 light is one kilometre from where we are standing now.

“This runway is ready. Once we do the finishing test we are ready to go and we’ll do the marking. Beneath this asphalt you’re seeing, we have laid our piping for CAT 2 light.

“These piping are done with coordinates. So, once the lighting is here, we use the coordinates to pick them and we fix the lights; and the runway is 100 per cent completed.

“The terminal building has 36 shops. It is equipped with three lifts, three escalators and a ramp for the disabled. The roof you’re looking at is doubly done.

“We put the first roof, put the lagging material, a wool and put the final one because there won’t be a ceiling here. So, that should reduce the heat that will be coming down.

“This building is done with steel. Everything here is steel except a few blocks you can see and the fabrication is done locally because, during the COVID-19, His Excellency directed that we are not going to import anything because of the logistics. So, all the fabrications you see here are all done in Aba, Abia State.

“In this arrival hall, the conveyor belts where you pick your luggage are here. And all the security gadgets that will be here have been paid for. On this ramp, we equally have an elevator; 560mm is the thickness of the apron. It was doubly reinforced with 16mm rods. And we have some manholes so that, in case it rains, we want to make sure that there is no water on top of the way.

“In as much as we sloped it to the drain in front of the terminal building, we put these manholes that will pick the pockets of water that may remain so that, once it rains, there will be no water here,” Ifejiofor explained.

Daily Sun gathered that Obiano hired seven supervisors and consultants to ensure that the state got the best possible. He said the airport has the longest runway in Africa.

“Because of the racer, a racer is this extra 1km here and the extra 1km there. The length of this whole runway is 5.7km. This is the longest runway in Africa certified by the NCAA. Lagos has only one racer.

“This airport has two racers on both sides. Again, you can land from either side of the runway. You can land from the other way; you can land from this way. That’s the advantage of this runway.

“The pipes have been laid. They know the coordinates. So, as soon as the light comes in another eight days or thereabouts, they will start fixing the lights; that is, the CAT 2 light.

“There is no airport in Nigeria that has a satellite landing system. This is the only airport in Nigeria that has it. You can confirm that from the NCAA. They will tell you that. And we did it deliberately.

“This airport will be the busiest in Africa, purely because of the orientation of our people, mostly traders. We travel a lot and what have you.

“In five days’ time maximum, we would have finished everything about this runway. Just five days. A month and half ago, we finished everything about the two taxiways.

“The apron where the plane finally arrives, we finished it over a month ago. So, everything about this runway will be completed in five days. The two taxiways, completed already. Apron completed.

“This airport will be functional in a month’s time. We started it in January 2020. So, we worked all through COVID, day and night. And that’s why we are able to achieve all this.

“This airport will be finished next month and we are working day and night to ensure that that is accomplished.

“Since I started building this airport, anytime I get to any airport in the world, I try to see what they have that I can copy. The lifespan for this control tower is 300 years.”

Chairmen of the Senate and House of Representatives’ Committees on Aviation, Smart Adeyemi and Nnolim Nnaji, respectively,  commended Obiano saying that they were impressed with the work done so far.

Adeyemi said the governor had taken the right action, as aviation was key to the socioeconomic development of any political entity.

“I can see, by all considerations, that this is one of the best airports that we have. There is no doubt about it. I have had the privilege to some extent, just like you, to have travelled to quite a number of countries.

“And I can tell you that I have seen quite a number of runways and I’m not in doubt that apart from the length of this runway, I can see the purity of the materials. I can see the mixture of the asphalt. I can see the mixture of the cements that were used; I can see the height of the tower, and others.

“To me, what you have just done is beyond helping Anambra State economically. You’re not only helping Anambra and the South-East in general but also helping Nigeria as a whole.

“To me, you’re doing just the right thing for our people and our nation. The people of the South-East are highly endowed people, highly enterprising people. You’re a people with a highly promising future with what I have seen here in Anambra State.

“In Nigeria, most of our airports are not viable but they’re essential. For a commercial airport to be viable, you should be talking about not less than 5,000 passengers every year passing through or coming into that airport.

“There are airports in Nigeria with less than 5,000 passengers per annum. And they are airports. Today, Lagos Airport constitutes about 65 per cent of the revenue of aviation.

“But I can see that next to Lagos is this place we are standing, Anambra Airport. This is because you’re providing the platform for this region to accelerate its God-given potential. The people here are naturally endowed with a lot of gifts that need to be taken outside our shores”, Adeyemi said.

On their part, Senators Uche Ekwunife and Ifeanyi Ubah, who represent Anambra Central and South, respectively, and also the traditional ruler of Alor community, Igwe MacAnthony Okonkwo, commended Obiano highly.

Ekwunife said, irrespective of their political differences, the governor deserved their commendation for his good works on the airport.

“Irrespective of our political affiliations, when you see good work, you commend it. I want to commend you, my governor. To say that I am proud of this project is an understatement. I’m truly very proud of this project.

“And I believe that this is a very viable project and a legacy project. So, I commend you and your government,” Ekwunife said.

The main reason this airport stands out is that Obiano did not build it with the poverty mentality of an average south east governor to make it cost N10 naira so that he could claim he saved N10 billion for the state.

Obiano built the airport with the determination to make it a truly international airport that airlines and pilots from developed countries will have same class of facilities and runway length. The determination to make it to truly meet international standards and have a lot of room to grow in the future is what will make Obiano and this project be remembered forever. Umahi is another governor that likes doing high quality projects that meet international standards.

I just hope those working on the Anambra airport car park do not make it too close to the terminal building. The road separating the terminal building and car park is usually about 4 lanes wide. This allows for cars to drop off people behind the terminal building in DROP OFF LANES without holding up traffic on the road. I'm sure Obiano himself would aleeady notice that every US airport has DROP OFF LANES behind the airport.

If they also create a designated PICK UP area so that new arrivals can stand or sit under the canopy there and wait for Uber and strictly commercial transportation to pick them up, that would be great in keeping the airport organized with smooth flow of traffic as airports in developed countries. Every little organizational measure should be done to prevent this airport from resembling the chaos and disarray seen in typical Nigerian airports.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 11:46pm On Apr 06, 2021
The reason for raising the DROP OFF and PICK UP lanes as at least 2 lanes to the right of the road behind the terminal building, is that i know IDC loves narrow roads!. grin But they should apply the exception while working on this airport internal roads and car park .

A lot has already been done to make this airport of true international standards, lets make sure the drop off and pick up locations maintain the already set standard.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 12:33am On Apr 07, 2021
Craneburg is the one handling Internal roads in the Airport not IDC

ChimaAdeoye:
The reason for raising the DROP OFF and PICK UP lanes as at least 2 lanes to the right of the road behind the terminal building, is that i know IDC loves narrow roads!. grin But they should apply the exception while working on this airport internal roads and car park .

A lot has already been done to make this airport of true international standards, lets make sure the drop off and pick up locations maintain the already set standard.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 5:21am On Apr 07, 2021
Nwanne you are vastly intelligent. We are being educated here by your enormous knowledge

ChimaAdeoye:

The main reason this airport stands out is that Obiano did not build it with the poverty mentality of an average south east governor to make it cost N10 naira so that he could claim he saved N10 billion for the state.

Obiano built the airport with the determination to make it a truly international airport that airlines and pilots from developed countries will have same class of facilities and runway length. The determination to make it to truly meet international standards and have a lot of room to grow in the future is what will make Obiano and this project be remembered forever. Umahi is another governor that likes doing high quality projects that meet international standards.

I just hope those working on the Anambra airport car park do not make it too close to the terminal building. The road separating the terminal building and car park is usually about 4 lanes wide. This allows for cars to drop off people behind the terminal building in DROP OFF LANES without holding up traffic on the road. I'm sure Obiano himself would aleeady notice that every US airport has DROP OFF LANES behind the airport.

If they also create a designated PICK UP area so that new arrivals can stand or sit under the canopy there and wait for Uber and strictly commercial transportation to pick them up, that would be great in keeping the airport organized with smooth flow of traffic as airports in developed countries. Every little organizational measure should be done to prevent this airport from resembling the chaos and disarray seen in typical Nigerian airports.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:26am On Apr 07, 2021
film3four:
Celebrities storm Onitsha for Easter celebration. CEO of Crest Homes Nigeria. A-list singers led by Davido stormed Onitsha for Easter celebration. The event held at Onitsha mall attracted so many celebrities to the city. The event was sponsored by Ned Okonkwo the CEO of Crest Homes

This is what the Awka Conference Center is for. Lots of entertainment events held in parking lot of Onitsha Mall or Ekwueme Square that would be better held inside at a large capacity Conference Center with proper cooling system, conveniences and parking facility. Same goes for events like Trade Fairs.

Just look at the list of tradeshows in Nigeria:

https://10times.com/nigeria/tradeshows

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 6:43am On Apr 07, 2021
Stop spewing nonsense. There are indoor events and there are also out door events that are held in open air space. What happened at Onitsha mall was an outdoor event. Not every event are held in an enclosure.

mktinsight:

This is what the Awka Conference Center is for. Lots of entertainment events held in parking lot of Onitsha Mall or Ekwueme Square that would be better held inside at a large capacity Conference Center with proper cooling system, conveniences and parking facility. Same goes for events like Trade Fairs. Just look at the list of tradeshows in Nigeria:https://10times.com/nigeria/tradeshows

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 6:44am On Apr 07, 2021
film3four:
Celebrities storm Onitsha for Easter celebration. CEO of Crest Homes Nigeria. A-list singers led by Davido stormed Onitsha for Easter celebration. The event held at Onitsha mall attracted so many celebrities to the city. The event was sponsored by Ned Okonkwo the CEO of Crest Homes

Ned Okonkwo the CEO of Victoria Crest Homes, you are doing well

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BossJamal: 6:12pm On Apr 07, 2021
mktinsight:

This is what the Awka Conference Center is for. Lots of entertainment events held in parking lot of Onitsha Mall or Ekwueme Square that would be better held inside at a large capacity Conference Center with proper cooling system, conveniences and parking facility. Same goes for events like Trade Fairs.

Just look at the list of tradeshows in Nigeria:

https://10times.com/nigeria/tradeshows

Thank u 4 this. You're very intelligent

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BossJamal: 6:13pm On Apr 07, 2021
GitmoAuditors:
Stop spewing nonsense. There are indoor events and there are also out door events that are held in open air space. What happened at Onitsha mall was an outdoor event. Not every event are held in an enclosure.

You're very intelligent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BossJamal: 6:14pm On Apr 07, 2021
Rocksvibes234:
Craneburg is the one handling Internal roads in the Airport not IDC

You're well informed

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BossJamal: 6:16pm On Apr 07, 2021
Mathoj:

The idea of leaving heap of sands on the sides of gutter is prevalent in all road construction in Nigeria. I DO NOT KNOW WHY !!! These sands END UP IN THE GUTTER and mess up the road and you know we do not care for roads by removing sands which takes half of our roads.
As suggested above by good observer PROUDIGBO, these sands should be removed entirely.
Meanwhile God bless all rich Ndigbo who are given back to their communities in terms of development instead of oppressively taking from them. May their bank account never dry.

You observed well. You're vastly intelligent

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ituku4040: 6:20pm On Apr 07, 2021
BossJamal:

Anambra leads forever

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:23pm On Apr 07, 2021
BossJamal:

You play any other tune? You’re starting to sound like a needle stuck in the groove!

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:57pm On Apr 07, 2021
Would like to know the present state of all that land along the airport road. Have interested corporate entities started buying plots yet...or have they started selling them to greedy land speculators and those only interested in building the usual ‘housing estate’ we have all over our cities?

The airport highway looked well constructed from the little we saw of it a few months ago. Hopefully by now, things would have moved on a bit and they would have already planted the trees that would help create a awesome ambience and first impression for visitors and others coming into the state for business, tourism or holidays.

Also, the state gov’t should pull out all the stops to ensure a 5-star in’l airport hotel is built on that road....and handed over to a reputable international hotel conglomerate (like Hilton, Sheraton, etc) to manage! It would definitely be a money spinner as it would be the first choice for travellers and international airlines staff using the airport. Also it would serve as a place international travellers could lodge if their flights are delayed or cancelled.

They could also make provision at the terminal -or build another structure for it- for a viewing/plane-spotting area. A place families and others who aren’t going air-side can go to view planes landing and taking off! If it costs a little token for admittance, the setup could pay for itself in under three years! This is all about thinking outside the box and doing things others haven’t dreamt of to bring in extra revenue!

Finally i hope at some point in the future, the state gov’t would consider linking the airport to the major cities of Awka, Nnewi and Onitsha by light rail. A airport can’t really be considered world-class if it doesn’t have rail access.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BossJamal: 7:07pm On Apr 07, 2021
PROUDIGBO:
Would like to know the present state of all that land along the airport road. Have interested corporate entities started buying plots yet...or have they started selling them to greedy land speculators and those only interested in building the usual ‘housing estate’ we have all over our cities?

The airport highway looked well constructed from the little we saw of it a few months ago. Hopefully by now, things would have moved on a bit and they would have already planted the trees that would help create a awesome ambience and first impression for visitors and others coming into the state for business, tourism or holidays.

Also, the state gov’t should pull out all the stops to ensure a 5-star in’l airport hotel is built on that road....and handed over to a reputable international hotel conglomerate (like Hilton, Sheraton, etc) to manage! It would definitely be a money spinner as it would be the first choice for travellers and international airlines staff using the airport. Also it would serve as a place international travellers could lodge if their flights are delayed or cancelled.

They could also make provision at the terminal -or build another structure for it- for a viewing/plane-spotting area. A place families and others who aren’t going air-side can go to view planes landing and taking off! If it costs a little token for admittance, the setup could pay for itself in under three years! This is all about thinking outside the box and doing things others haven’t dreamt of to bring in extra revenue!

Finally i hope at some point in the future, the state gov’t would consider linking the airport to the major cities of Awka, Nnewi and Onitsha by light rail. A airport can’t really be considered world-class if it doesn’t have rail access.

Hopefully.
You've just raised smart questions. You're greatly intelligent

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 7:29pm On Apr 07, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by 3pointsagree: 8:12pm On Apr 07, 2021
Anambra is God's gift

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:38pm On Apr 07, 2021
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:38pm On Apr 07, 2021
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 9:52pm On Apr 07, 2021
Yes, there is a plan For rail line linking not just Anambra cities but also neighboring States like Imo, Abia, Enugu etc

The 17:38 of the video below, gov. Willie Obiano said about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAUwD1tMzFs

PROUDIGBO:

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Bogus001: 10:12pm On Apr 07, 2021
Onitsha correctional services skills acquisition centre ready next year

Businessday

Apr 7, 2021 2:50 PM

Rev. Valerian Okeke

The multimillion-naira modern skills acquisition centre being built at the Nigerian Correctional Services Onitsha, Anambra State will be operational next year.

The centre is being built by Most Rev. Valerian Okeke, the Metropolitan Archbishop of Onitsha Ecclesiastical Province and Catholic Archbishop of Onitsha.

During a pastoral visit to the inmates to celebrate Easter with them, Okeke assured that the skills acquisition centre would be inaugurated before the next year’s Easter celebration for training to commence to improve the lives of inmates.

The centre was designed for six departments of tailoring, shoe mending and making, carpentry, computer studies and engineering.

The Archbishop donated some items to the inmates which included one life cow, cooked rice, assorted biscuits, tissue paper, toothpastes, laundry soaps, toilet soaps and Easter cake.

He urged the inmates to be of good behaviour and exhibit good character to one another.

Solar Panels in Nigeria, The Prices Might Be Cheaper Then You Thinksolar

by Taboola

Sponsored Links

“Whatever is not good for you, do not do it to another person. Correctional services centre is a place where one is being corrected and refined. Always think good for another person. Be your brother’s keeper in whatever you do,” Okeke said.

He charged the inmates to dedicate themselves in acquiring skills while serving their jail terms, adding that it was certain that some of them were innocent of the accusation that brought them into the prison.

Okeke noted that it is the responsibility of the Federal Government to build such a centre but the church cannot wait to render support to the needy.

He commended the management of the correctional services on the efforts to educate the inmates effectively.

The cleric urged the government to help solve the insecurity situation in the country.

In his homily, the Archbishop advised Nigerian leaders to emulate the exemplary life of Christ who sacrificed himself to save mankind.

“We should make the necessary sacrifice to be our brother’s keeper. When we become our brother’s keeper, we will share in the victory of Christ who triumphed over suffering and death and rose from death. May the Lord bless you as you do so,” he said.

Rev. Fr. Bathlomew Okpalanwugo, chaplain of St. Maximilian Kolbe Chaplaincy Onitsha, commended the Archbishop for the visit and all he had been doing in correctional services.

He thanked priests and the Catholic faithful who accompanied the Archbishop to the correctional services.

Emmanuel Nwakaeze, the state director of correctional services, eulogized the Archbishop for visiting the inmates.

He described the Archbishop’s homily as wonderful, while praying God to continue to strengthen him as he carries out his bishopric services.

Meanwhile, about N6.9 million would be required to equip the departments of the skills acquisition centre at the Onitsha Correctional Service where no fewer than 1,107 inmates are serving various jail terms.

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (1327) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.