|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,693,219 members, 6,347,048 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 June 2021 at 05:14 PM
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 5:52am On May 04|
At the point where the dual carriage airport road starts from the Enugu - Onitsha expressway, I wish we could put a solid airport sign built with blocks on bricks background, as we find abroad. Instead of the usual ugly corrugated iron sheet, we use as signboards in Nigeria. Which after a few months rust and become an eyesore.
These signs are also artwork that helps to beautify a city and a state by creating landmark junctions. Let this airport truly introduce new and better ways of doing things to the highest quality instead of our local ways of doing everything to be the lowest quality in the world.
16 Likes 4 Shares
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 6:26am On May 04|
Please we need update from Anambra International airport. let's be less assured that work is still going there
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Juliusmalema: 6:49am On May 04|
Same Ubah that was in Onitsha Yesterday.
You PDP and fake news should just get out of this thread.
Go and look where to spread such nonsense.
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 9:05am On May 04|
Nigeria and fake new.
Testing the runway has now turned to commissioning of an airport.
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 9:10am On May 04|
Note: Anambra airport is yet to be commissioned.
What they did on 30th April was testing the runway and Also making history of the first aircraft to land in Anambra soil tagged as demonstration of maiden flights.
Account to commissioner of works ANSG, the airport Will be commissioned in two months time or thereabouts
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 9:27am On May 04|
1. Since the test-landing of two commercial aircraft belonging to Air Peace and a corporate jet belonging to the chairman of the Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency, Ike Chioke, at Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport on Friday, April 30, 2021, the whole nation has been ecstatic about the incredible progress at Nigeria’s most modern airport. Apart from being the first time jet planes have ever landed in Anambra State, the airport has seized the national imagination on account of its being built up to global standards in just 15 months without a loan from any institution anywhere in the world. This is a very impressive record anywhere.
2. It is regrettable, however, that this stupendous accomplishment by the people and Government of Anambra State has not gone down well with a coterie of politically exposed persons who are determined to ruin their own state, all in the name of the gubernatorial vote in the state which will hold on November 6, 2021. The shadowy characters have alleged, for instance, that a whopping two billion dollars ($2bn) has been spent on the airport which has yet to be completed.
3. Two billion dollars ($2bn) translates to nine hundred and sixty billion naira (N960bn), almost a trillion naira (N1tr). This amount is far in excess of the combination of Anambra State budgets in almost the last 10 years. That is, the sum of current and recurrent expenditures since 2001! This is obviously taking fiction too far. It is preposterous. The peddlers of this rumour are not intelligent. The size of the 2021 budget is one hundred and forty thousand naira (N140bn), the biggest in our state’s history, while the size of the 2020 budget was one hundred and thirty seven billion naira (N137bn).
4. The budgetary provision for the airport in the 2020 budget was eight billion naira (N8 billion). And the provision in the 2021 budget is fifty million naira (N50m). The 2021 financial year is far from gone and the airport is still not completed. Therefore, the budgetary provision for this year is not yet exhausted. Even if the total amount for the airport is added to that of last year, it will come to eight billion and fifty million naira. It has to be noted that there are ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs) which are directly and indirectly involved in the airport development. The Ministry of Works, for example, is building roads and bridges, among others, leading to the airport and within the airport. It may cost about fifty million dollars ($50m) to complete the first phase of this grand airport which is in a class of its own. In other words, it is nothing near the almost one trillion naira which the political propagandists who hate Anambra State with a passion are bandying about. They will leave nothing to chance in the determination to discredit the state and ruin the homeland of Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, Dr Alex Ekwueme, Dim Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Francis Cardinal Arinze, Professor K.O. Dike, Professor Chinua Achebe, Dr Nwafor Orizu, Sir Louis Ojukwu, Olauda Equiano, Professor Chukwuemeka Ike, Professor Laz Ekwueme, Professor Ben Enweonwu, Professor Uche Okeke, Dr Arthur Nwankwo, Cyprian Ekwensi, Blessed Cyprian Michael Iwene Tansi, Professor Chike Obi, Professor Alex Animalu, Professor Ben Obumselu, Professor Emmanuel Obiechina, Mokwugo Okoye, Sir Louis Mbanefo, Professor Gordian Ezekwe, Chief Arthur Mbanefo, Professor Ben Nwabueze, Professor Charles Chukwuma Soludo, Mrs Oby Ezekwesili, Professor Dora Akunyili, Mrs Janet Muokelu, Chief Jerome Udoji, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and many other world-class achievers.
5. The State Government has made it an article of faith to limit expenditures to budgetary provisions. The result is the humungous fiscal discipline which has enabled the state to carry out projects and programmes which, as the Joint National Assembly Committee on Aviation publicly stated during its inspection of Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport on March 27, 2021, even richer states like petroleum-bearing ones are unable to execute. No wonder, on August 31, 2020, BudGIT, funded by the Melinda and Bill Gates Foundation, published a report showing Anambra and petroleum-rich Rivers State have the best fiscal responsibility indices of all 36 states in Nigeria plus the Federal Capital Territory of Abuja.
6. If not for the prudent financial management of the state’s lean resources, the airport could have cost two billion dollars ($2bn). Maybe this is the amount which would have been expended on it if the project had been handled by the shadowy politicians whom the great Chinua Achebe most memorably described as “renegades who want to turn my homeland of Anambra State into a bankrupt and wretched fiefdom”.
7. The Government and people of Anambra State are delighted that the delivery of Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport has been attracting the attention of not just the Nigerian public or the aviation sector or the tourism industry but also leading researchers in financial management, project management and related disciplines. Governor Willie Obiano, by building a world-class international airport in 15 months and without borrowing from any financial institution, has demonstrated, once again, his solid background in banking, auditing, accounting, business management and political leadership. The airport will certainly make a rewarding study in prudent management of resources.
God bless Anambra State, the Light of the Nation.
C. Don Adinuba
Commissioner for Information & Public Enlightenment.
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by stasius: 10:12am On May 04|
We will keep blessing our homeland.
God bless Anambra State.
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Pass11: 11:23am On May 04|
Rocksvibes234:So the governor invited the whole state for just testing?is that how it is done in USA where obiano live?
so the whole Africa will come when he commission the airport?
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Pass11: 11:28am On May 04|
Rocksvibes234:Governor Umahi is building an international airport bigger than Anambra own without making noise about it.Obiano pay media agencies should come up with other obiano project biko.
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 12:33pm On May 04|
What is even wrong with you people?
We love Gov. Umahi doing a great airport in Abakaliki, just as we applaud Obiano for completing a world-class international airport in record time. If Gov Umahi keeps to his promise to make a 4KM runway, then we shall praise him after we verify that he indeed built a 4KM longest runway in Nigeria. Until he actually does it, it is still all noise for now.
There is NO REASON you guys should not be happy for Anambra, just as Anambra people will also rejoice with Ebonyians when Umahi completes his airport.
My concern with Umahi's airport is that its going too slowly that he might not complete it before his tenure runs out. I am hoping that he manages to complete it.
6 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 12:42pm On May 04|
I prefer the Region of Waterloo International airport road sign. But it will obviously require good craftmanship to deliver quickly.
But the Dayton International airport sign is something that can be easily replicated without much financial burden. I am hoping that they use such a sign to beautify the road junction where the airport main access dual carriageway begins from the Awka - Onitsha expressway.
4 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 2:26pm On May 04|
Ebonyi Airport is developed on 4km by 4km of land approx 1400 hactres, the runway is 3.5km the tarmac is 100x10 X304mm thickness which is 1 foot concrete
Anambra airport is developed on a more than 2100 hactres with, the runway is 3.7km with 2km resa (5.7km), the tarmac is 300x200 x 560mm thickness which is 1.8foot concrete almost 2foot.
The only things about Ebonyi Airport is the big terminal they're building that's all
Anyways both governors are doing well
6 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 3:52pm On May 04|
It is 3000m(3km) runway
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 5:10pm On May 04|
No, I mean the ongoing Ebonyi Airport has a 3.5km runway
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 5:28pm On May 04|
You made a solid point here, bro. And to be honest , I felt Nnewi has been abandoned for many years , but it's partly because Ndi Nnewi are more business inclined than politically inclined. There is no way Nnewi could not use their financial muscles to make Obiano to rearrange Nnewi and plan it to be more visitors friendly. Ndi Nnewi are more concerned about who get money pass who. That's their problem.
And this is what happens when you have a lot of money with little exposure. Also , there is a big divide between the Nnewi businessmen and the political/elite class.
I love the fact that we built an airport, needless to say I was not in support because I felt we had other pressing issues like pipe borne water, retraining primary and secondary school teachers to reach their best potentials. I felt like channeling these funds in upgrading our Teachers College to international standards, building trade schools( Carpentry , Iron works, Mechanics with license) , to keep upgrading our rural hospitals to full capacity. I wanted Obiano to plan the towns around Nnewi , Onicha , Awka , Ihiala and Aguleri/Umuleri so that when developments starts spilling into these towns they dont end up becoming a slums another slum like Okpoko. I wanted many things before this airport but the airport is here and I can't pull it down. My only choice is to keep hammering on the areas I felt we need urgent improvements. I want every areas and sectors to be touched and improved.
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 6:57pm On May 04|
Rocksvibes234:Which big terminal? is it this 3D am seeing here or another one? That thing I saw Umahi inspecting with bamboo scattered everywhere. I keep wondering the construction company doing that local work. using bamboo for scaffolding in a capital project like airport.... in this jet age. Let's just hope he doesn't use timber for roofing frame.
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 7:03pm On May 04|
From what am even seeing in that 3D design. I saw something like tower attached to the roof. Since they are claiming that plane will land there before the yr end, and we are yet to see a sign of control tower; maybe Umahi will use local pattern of attaching tower to the terminal roof.... there is nothing special in Ebonyi airport.
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by chiefobdk(m): 10:06pm On May 04|
If i get u right. Nnewi people should use thr private money to develop the town while Obiano tax Nnewi to develop other places. Did this ur submission make sense?
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 11:57pm On May 04|
Please , Obiano isn't using Nnewi tax money to develop Anambra, after Nnewi doesn't pay more taxes than my own Idemmili. So , chill. Try not to be emotional and write with some logic. Ndi Nnewi nwelu ego but they have failed to use it to their advantage. And no you don't have to pull your personal finance to build infrastructures , because that's the government's job. But , how many times did Igwe Orizu mobilized all Nnewi illustrious sons and daughters (Kingsley Muoghalu, Ibeto, Coscharis, Innoson, Ifeanyi Ubah, Chisco etc) to pay Obiano a visit and present an Nnewi agenda ? The answer is zero! Money nobi everything.
Go to Nnewi you see buildings in every little piece of land you can find defacing the town and making it look uninhabitable. The whole place look like a slum with nice houses. However, I am not cutting Obiano any slack because thats his job but he failed Umuanaedo and I believe we all can agree.
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:09am On May 05|
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by chiefobdk(m): 6:09am On May 05|
The places Obiano built did the community leaders go to beg before they got the projects... Una go just dey use emotions dey talk trash..
Tell me ur town in idemmili lets compare it with Nnewi... You dont lump a group of towns and pit against a single town... The tax from Ibeto factory and TUMMY TUMMY overshadow whatever money they get from ur residential village.. I will assume u re talking about Idemili North....... nkpor and obosi.. Because if na south... Nothing dey south
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 6:55am On May 05|
IDENNAA:Shut your mouth this hausa man. What did your peter obi do in Nnewi for 8 years? You cant come now and pretend you are after good governance after attacking everyone who questioned peter obi during his very mediocre, uninspiring tenure, when you were being paid. Atleast Obiano saved nnewi from the 100 foot pound erosion that wanted to destory Nnewi not to mention his community projects and roads, streetlights etc in Nnewi.. What did your paymaster do for nnewi
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 7:02am On May 05|
chiefobdk:You Nnewi people should stop disturbing our peace with Nnewi this and that. There is nothing special about nnewi, the entire Anambra needs development, from Ekwulobia to Awka to Onitsha to everywhere and Anambra needs more funding to make that possible. No single governor can focus on Nnewi, Onitsha and Awka development at once, theres is no money for that. How much does NNewi even contribute to the states IGR that you are always making noise because Anambra IGR is still low.
What I think Nnewi people should demand from the govt is an NNewi city development Authority like was done in Awka by Obiano, same for onitsha to plan development of the cities over time because as it is now, even an NNewi governor wont do anything much.
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 7:14am On May 05|
Pass11:Where did you get the nonsense that Umahi is building an airport bigger than Anambra own? By runway or what? Umahi cant even even afford to build an airport bigger than Anambra own. All he goes to inspect every time is their terminal building, where is the control tower, runway, apron, access roads, etc.
Obiano never made any noise about Anambra Airport until it reached its advance stage, he even banned the media from accessing the project but check nairaland how many times umahi has gone to inspect Ebonyi terminal and yet nothing tangible, immediately he heard of Anambra test running, he quickly rushed there for another inspection. So who is paying media agencies here?
You haters and losers should advise Umahi that Obiano is not his mate.. He should stop competing with someone that is miles above him in governance. I'm very certain that if Obiano did not build Anambra airport there would be nothing like ebonyi airport.
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 7:48am On May 05|
I understand, I know Anambra Airport terminal has more quality and features than Ebonyi terminal. U can't compare a steel structure and glass cladding terminal of Anambra than block work terminal of Ebonyi.
Because modern airport in the world are being constructed with steel structure and glass cladding work
But in Nigeria we celebrate quantity than quality.
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 8:01am On May 05|
It's now obvious that Ebonyi ppl are jealous of Anambra but try as they may they can not eat into our overwhelming dominance.... the gap is too much. no be to build airport because Anambra is building;the question is- of what economic value is the airport?how much revenue can the airport generate?
The class of ppl visiting/inspecting work at Anambra airport vs the class of ppl inspecting that of Ebonyi has said it all.
International big business men like Obijackson, Nestoil; Jezco oil, Jowizazza; Airpeace, Senate/house of rep committee on aviation,etc are the class of ppl that inspect Anambra airport.
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Pass11: 8:11am On May 05|
globemoney01:Oga you are well known political prostitute from Ngige to obiano,so I understand your hustling side in defending every government.
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 8:12am On May 05|
Now checkout the class of ppl inspecting Ebonyi airport....
The Gap is too much
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 8:35am On May 05|
Pass11:And you are an enemy of progress, take your wailing out here and go back to facebook. I responded to you usual nonsense and instead of staying on topic you deflected to nonsense. I defend every govt, why didnt I defend peter obi govt, ewu
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Pass11: 8:50am On May 05|
globemoney01:Baba make God bless your political hustle.
The only reasonable person you defended is Ngige.
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Hausa(m): 8:56am On May 05|
What is this Ebonyi v Anambra dragging all about?
Aren't we all igbos again?
Abi e don turn competition?
Ndi Ebonyi, una no get una thread?
|Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Mega2biz(m): 10:28am On May 05|
Could you believe the third largest automobile market in the world is in Africa and Anambra state to be precise?? Watch ��
Viewing this topic: Pentagon007 and 1 guest(s)
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 278