Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,834 members, 7,831,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (779) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2087467 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) ... (1321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2021
OreMI22:
The former COAS Gen Burutai joined Obiano in the weekly inspection of the airport project today.

The state government plans to commission the airport for public use this month. After they get some fire trucks currently being fixed to be functional.

The new fire trucks ordered from Germany will arrive later in the year or early next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9_45HAJgDc&t=1850s

One hopes they will get the fire trucks required in the interim to get the airport operational to commercial flights before the end of the month. While the new ones expected from Germany can arrive later in the year. This airport needs to become operational right now under Obiano, else it could suffer the same fate as the Enugu Internatioanl conference center which was 90% completed under Gov. Chimaroke, but Gov. Chime and Ugwuanyi decided to abandon the project all the same. The best way to ensure a legacy is to see to it that it became operational under the governor that built it. Else subsequent people could be funny the way they abandon projects by their predecessors and start their own brand new projects while other nearly completed projects are allowed to be over grown by weed.

Every time Engr. Ifejiofor talks about creating a wall to separate the two avio-bridges so that one is used for arrivals only and one is used for departures only to block off arriving and departing passengers from coming in contact, i wonder why? To begin with, before you get on an airplane you must clear security. Just like before you are allowed to sit in the departure lounge, you must clear security. Therefore, anyone coming down from an airplane or anyone sitting in the departure lounge/hall of an airport has already been searched and cleared security. Thus, in airports worldwide, those coming down from an airplane and those sitting in the departure lounge are in the "SAFE" or secured area of the airport. Meaning people in an area where only those who have cleared security searches are allowed.

The second point that makes the idea of dedicating one avio bridge strictly for arrival and another strictly for departure is that an airplane coming in from Lagos to Umueri is deemed an arriving airplane. Once its Lagos passengers disembark and the passengers flying from Umueri to Lagos begin to board the same plane, it automatically becomes a departing plane! This can sometimes occur within a space of 30 minutes! Therefore, if you dedicate one avio-bridge for arrival and another strictly for departure, you will have to push out an arriving plane from the "arrival avio-bridge" to a "departure avio-bridge" every few minutes for the departing passengers to board. This is an unnecessary chaotic process. Which is NEVER done in any airport in the world. Even airports with hundreds of push-back trucks (Like those in the picture below) are not able to implement such a chaotic process of moving around airplanes on the tarmac from an arrival avio-bridge to a departure avio-bridge every few minutes! Talk more an airport in Nigeria without adequate number of push-back trucks to move airplanes around the tarmac (Apron) every few minutes!

I hope the wall the Commissioner is building to separate arriving and departing passengers at least has a DOOR that will allow departing passengers to board the plane once it has totally disembarked all arriving passengers. I don't know where the strange advice of building a wall came from, but it is definitely not an international best practice and it is totally destined to fail at Anambra International airport because it will entail the moving of arrival planes to the departure avio-bridge every few minutes which will be chaotic and A LOT of accidents will occur during the unnecessary movement of planes from one avio-bridge to the next.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 9:31pm On Sep 10, 2021
See What small scale industries can do.
Nkwelle Shoe/Leather manufacturers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuxB7A-2730
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 10, 2021
It's really a big error if they deviate from the plan, as it is clearly shown in the plan that there is another gate at the departure lounge close to the so called "arrival bridge".

Even if there is a door connecting the two ramps, it won't make for good flow of traffic, as all departing passengers will only use one exit out of the lounge. Imagine three or four flights departing the same time. They should really reconsider that deviation from the plan.

Finally, anyone that says the airport is not necessary is not only stupid but a fool. Landed at Asaba today by 2:15pm from Lagos, but got to my villa 8:21pm. Can't wait for that airport to start functioning.
ChimaAdeoye:

One hopes they will get the fire trucks required in the interim to get the airport operational to commercial flights before the end of the month. While the new ones expected from Germany can arrive later in the year. This airport needs to become operational right now under Obiano, else it could suffer the same fate as the Enugu Internatioanl conference center which was 90% completed under Gov. Chimaroke, but Gov. Chime and Ugwuanyi decided to abandon the project all the same. The best way to ensure a legacy is to see to it that it became operational under the governor that built it. Else subsequent people could be funny the way they abandon projects by their predecessors and start their own brand new projects while other nearly completed projects are allowed to be over grown by weed.

Every time Engr. Ifejiofor talks about creating a wall to separate the two avio-bridges so that one is used for arrivals only and one is used for departures only to block off arriving and departing passengers from coming in contact, i wonder why? To begin with, before you get on an airplane you must clear security. Just like before you are allowed to sit in the departure lounge, you must clear security. Therefore, anyone coming down from an airplane or anyone sitting in the departure lounge/hall of an airport has already been searched and cleared security. Thus, in airports worldwide, those coming down from an airplane and those sitting in the departure lounge are in the "SAFE" or secured area of the airport. Meaning people in an area where only those who have cleared security searches are allowed.

The second point that makes the idea of dedicating one avio bridge strictly for arrival and another strictly for departure is that an airplane coming in from Lagos to Umueri is deemed an arriving airplane. Once its Lagos passengers disembark and the passengers flying from Umueri to Lagos begin to board the same plane, it automatically becomes a departing plane! This can sometimes occur within a space of 30 minutes! Therefore, if you dedicate one avio-bridge for arrival and another strictly for departure, you will have to push out an arriving plane from the "arrival avio-bridge" to a "departure avio-bridge" every few minutes for the departing passengers to board. This is an unnecessary chaotic process. Which is NEVER done in any airport in the world. Even airports with hundreds of push-back trucks (Like those in the picture below) are not able to implement such a chaotic process of moving around airplanes on the tarmac from an arrival avio-bridge to a departure avio-bridge every few minutes! Talk more an airport in Nigeria without adequate number of push-back trucks to move airplanes around the tarmac (Apron) every few minutes!

I hope the wall the Commissioner is building to separate arriving and departing passengers at least has a DOOR that will allow departing passengers to board the plane once it has totally disembarked all arriving passengers. I don't know where the strange advice of building a wall came from, but it is definitely not an international best practice and it is totally destined to fail at Anambra International airport because it will entail the moving of arrival planes to the departure avio-bridge every few minutes which will be chaotic and A LOT of accidents will occur during the unnecessary movement of planes from one avio-bridge to the next.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Philipxxxx0: 12:30am On Sep 11, 2021
gordonbarrett:
It's really a big error if they deviate from the plan, as it is clearly shown in the plan that there is another gate at the departure lounge close to the so called "arrival bridge".

Even if there is a door connecting the two ramps, it won't make for good flow of traffic, as all departing passengers will only use one exit out of the lounge. Imagine three or four flights departing the same time. They should really reconsider that deviation from the plan.

Finally, anyone that says the airport is not necessary is not only stupid but a fool. Landed at Asaba today by 2:15pm from Lagos, but got to my villa 8:21pm. Can't wait for that airport to start functioning.
which LGA government is your village, the time is too much, going to Enugu Airport is worst decision I made the last time.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 11, 2021
Anaocha. Normal traffic at bridgehead, another one at upper Iweka, then the mega traffic at Nkpor. Was crazy yesterday. They said it was because of the sit at home a day before.
Philipxxxx0:
which LGA government is your village, the time is too much, going to Enugu Airport is worst decision I made the last time.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Philipxxxx0: 8:43am On Sep 11, 2021
gordonbarrett:
Anaocha. Normal traffic at bridgehead, another one at upper Iweka, then the mega traffic at Nkpor. Was crazy yesterday. They said it was because of the sit at home a day before.
I use Enugu airport, the road from Enugu to Anambra, federal road is the worst in the whole world, from Enugu to Awka took me 4 good hrs, before I started going to my village.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:14pm On Sep 11, 2021
Philipxxxx0:
I use Enugu airport, the road from Enugu to Anambra, federal road is the worst in the whole world, from Enugu to Awka took me 4 good hrs, before I started going to my village.

This difficulty in accessing Anambra via air travel is just not helping the state in their ease of doing business metrics. If you guys suffered this much getting home by flight, imagine the hassle a new investor that can’t navigate the terrain as well as you would go through! They’d have to have a chaperone.

So that Umueri airport couldn’t come soon enough! It will help catalyse the states’ economy even further!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by nduprincekc(m): 2:09pm On Sep 11, 2021
Exactly

nice one

Guys kindly subscribe to my channel thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mS9g_yusRQ&t=18s

PROUDIGBO:

This difficulty in accessing Anambra via air travel is just not helping the state in their ease of doing business metrics. If you guys suffered this much getting home by flight, imagine the hassle a new investor that can’t navigate the terrain as well as you would go through! They’d have to have a chaperone.

So that Umueri airport couldn’t come soon enough! It will help catalyse the states’ economy even further!
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2021
Zenithh:

Bloody ipob terrorist like u

Nigeria army will soon use u and do nama. Biafra!

The only reason i stopped contributing financially to IPOB in USA is their quick desire to punish fellow oppressed Igbos by burning or destroying their businesses at the slightest excuse while ignoring and running away from the real Fulani oppressors.

Its unforgivable when IPOB destroy any Igbo person's livelihood for any reason whatsoever. The suffering they cause these poor families does not even bother them. How do you happily destroy the business of a widow with 6 kids frying akara for a living? Who will feed those kids or how do they pay school fees? The total lack of empathy on these vulnerable people is shocking. If you are a child in such poor families and your hunger and deprivation is worsened by other youths how would you view justice in such society? God and karma will punish my own family if my own money contributes in funding anyone contributing to the misery of the poor families struggling to find their daily bread.

These are the same people that you are supposed to be protecting and defending instead of destroying. The only reason I financially supported them is to defend the rights of these poor oppressed people. To see that IPOB's sole strategy now is to harrass and punish these poor people instead of going after their oppressors made it morally impossible for me to continue contributing to them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 8:31pm On Sep 11, 2021
Final finishing touches in preparation for the opening of the airport for public use later this month. The installation of passenger chairs in the departure hall is complete.

The two luggage carousels are being finalized and beautification of the arrival & departure halls with artwork on the walls are also being completed.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:26pm On Sep 11, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:
Final finishing touches in preparation for the opening of the airport for public use later this month. The installation of passenger chairs in the departure hall is complete.

The two luggage carousels are being finalized and beautification of the arrival & departure halls with artwork on the walls are also being completed.
Anambra airport fire station

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:34pm On Sep 11, 2021
post=105725767:

Anambra airport fire station

That should be the temporary fire truck to be used before the newly ordered ones arrive.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:39pm On Sep 11, 2021
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 11, 2021
Taking shape. Scanners installed.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 11:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
One of the modern fire trucks called Zeigler has arrived Anambra from.Germany. Two more are on their way.

Anambra International Cargo and Passenger Airport Nears Resumption Of Commercial Operations

By Ejike Abana (ABS Government House Correspondent)

It may be a matter of weeks before the Anambra International Cargo and Passenger Airport, Umueri kicksoff commercial activities.

The Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano embarked on his usual weekly inspection visit to the airport.

Finishing touches are being put to some parts of the facilty in anticipation of its take off, including the arrival of one of the modern fire trucks called Zeigler which had been a setback before now.

Governor Obiano was accompanied by the United Nations Envoy, United Nations Coordinator on Hunanitarian Affairs in Nigeria, Mr Edward Kallon, World Health Organization, WHO representative in Anambra State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Vincent Okpala, Commissioner for Works, Engineer Marcel Ifejiofor, nurses, among others.

By the way, the Health Experts are in the state for the official launch of Nigeria's first state Mobile Health Insurance Code pioneered by the Executive Secretary of Anambra State Health Insurance Agency, ASHIA, Dr. Simeon Onyemaechi.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Papiichuloo: 3:39am On Sep 12, 2021
Some people here saying that fire truck will be the one they will be using until the three others they ordered arrived meanwhile it's in the picture there looking at them like as if you have see any type like that in nigeria na wa oo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:23am On Sep 12, 2021
Papiichuloo:
Some people here saying that fire truck will be the one they will be using until the three others they ordered arrived meanwhile it's in the picture there looking at them like as if you have see any type like that in nigeria na wa oo

Mention the 'some people' by name.

At the time i made my last post here, i was using my phone and couldn't see the pics in good detail......the truck didn't look like the promotional ones i saw a few weeks back. Now i'm having a closer look, i can see it's actually one of the newly expected fire trucks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Philipxxxx0: 6:57am On Sep 12, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

Mention the 'some people' by name.

At the time i made my last post here, i was using my phone and couldn't see the pics in good detail......the truck didn't look like the promotional ones i saw a few weeks back. Now i'm having a closer look, i can see it's actually one of the newly expected fire trucks.
But the one I was expecting and I saw in the advert is more beautiful than this one.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Mega2biz(m): 7:11am On Sep 12, 2021
Nnewi New Yam Festival videos.
Cultural tourism is really getting huge in Anambra
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO7SMQ5vDAC0GLJyxTClp7JmzKKZHXZyu
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ogbuefi2020: 7:21am On Sep 12, 2021
Time to relocate to Anambra State, a 'Lagos of the East' will emerge from Anambra, Abia is losing the supremacy battle
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:10am On Sep 12, 2021
Governor Obiano's Narratives of Excellence Focus on Oil & Gas in Anambra State

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvUHe64fDGg

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by pandax: 8:32am On Sep 12, 2021
gordonbarrett:

Did they repaint the roof iron trusses from red to gray?. It is looking more beautiful now

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TEDHorsePower: 8:34am On Sep 12, 2021
Your useless validation is not needed, go and discuss about your Imo state in imo thread

pandax:

Did they repaint the roof iron trusses from red to gray?. It is looking more beautiful now

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TEDHorsePower: 8:35am On Sep 12, 2021
gordonbarrett:

This is cool. They are not leaving anything to chance
This is truly an international standard airport.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TEDHorsePower: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2021
ANSMEDIA:
One of the modern fire trucks called Zeigler has arrived Anambra from.Germany. Two more are on their way.

This is another level. Light of the entire black race

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TEDHorsePower: 8:38am On Sep 12, 2021
Great fit. God in his infinite mercy has done another one.

ANSMEDIA:
Governor Obiano's Narratives of Excellence Focus on Oil & Gas in Anambra State

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvUHe64fDGg

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by pandax: 8:48am On Sep 12, 2021
TEDHorsePower:
Your useless validation is not needed, go and discuss about your Imo state in imo thread

I am verifying, not validating.

The floor is still an eyesore nonetheless, a buffing machine and good tile/marble chemicals might do some rescue
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TEDHorsePower: 9:04am On Sep 12, 2021
Stop spewing your bitterness and envy here, go to Imo thread. Yes, at least the floor will be cleaned to come out spanking new. What are you gonna do about your motorpark airport in your Imo state? Demolish it?

We don't need your input as to how to clean the floor. Face your Imo state that has been over run by terrorists. No one needs your useless idea, use it for your state.

[s]
pandax:

am verifying, not validating. The floor is still an eyesore nonetheless, a buffing machine and good tile/marble chemicals might do some rescue
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 9:05am On Sep 12, 2021
Ogbuefi2020:
Time to relocate to Anambra State, a 'Lagos of the East' will emerge from Anambra, Abia is losing the supremacy battle

There was never a battle between Anambra and Abia..
Abia is a one city state..

Unlike Anambra

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 9:06am On Sep 12, 2021
The fire truck is different from the one the Ziegler company published.
Thought it's still the latest fire fighting trucks but the design is different
It's no doubt that Anambra International Airport is the best in Nigeria now

Anambra airport to be commission on October according to obiano.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by pandax: 9:08am On Sep 12, 2021
TEDHorsePower:
Stop spewing your bitterness and envy here, go to Imo thread. Yes, at least the floor will be cleaned to come out spanking new. What are you gonna do about your motorpark airport in your Imo state? Demolish it?

We don't need your input as to how to clean the floor. Face your Imo state that has been over run by terrorists. No one needs your useless idea, use it for your state.

[s][/s]

Thank you for admitting that the floor is presently nothing to write home about. If you are behaving like this, we won't be having any issues with you and your team. Keep it up!
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 9:09am On Sep 12, 2021
pandax:

I am verifying, not validating.

The floor is still an eyesore nonetheless, a buffing machine and good tile/marble chemicals might do some rescue

You talk as if you don't have sense most times...

How do you expect the tiles to be wen obviously work is still going on.. You expect them to clean the tiles up so that it will be dirty again...

Have sense biko..

The tiles will be thoroughly cleaned up wen they finish work...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) ... (1321) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.