Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,539 members, 7,861,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:31 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2115877 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (1325) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 5:49am On Jul 02, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Yes, there is a,standard of behavior expected of a true Omanbala. You must always stand by your father land through thick and thin. You cant seen as if you are sitting on the fence.

Akpokuodike is doing a wonderful job and elevating our prestigious culture and all hands must be on deck. We will not let anybody bring division or insecurity in Anambra. Just few days ago he was in Austria to discuss investment opportunities for Anambra and I saw the videos deliberation with the mayor of the city he visited and how Akpokuodike introduced his team and it was marvellous.
All thess people running about ranting about how Yyeske and Omanbala are not from Anambra are just people who cant stand our undying passion for our father land. These people have nothing to be proud of ,so, they try to pull others down.
You said it all, they can all go and die in Oshio's voice

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 5:57am On Jul 02, 2018
Malawian:
I no go but Ogo go, I sure say you for see am if to say you branch your former crib.
lol, onye nkogheri, greet your imaginary Ogo for me but wait, you haven't told me yet how Saint John's street is adjacent to St Michael's church street in Nkpor.
Residents of Nkpor should please note this liar and a nattad guy, o nata lu a nata, just arrived. Meaning a JJC or a my mama say I be Ibo boy talking to a nwoke Kaja lu akaja in Onitsha.
Come around and I'll show you around
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 6:04am On Jul 02, 2018
Cjrane2:

Stop using multiple monikers to respond to yourself.

Some people here grew up and lived in Onitsha for sooooo many years. So don't teach me Onitsha slangs. I should be teaching you. If anything, his Igbo sound more of Anioma, which is how my people would speak. But we write it differently.

Using google translate to write igbo is your undoing for many Yorubas trying to pretend they can speak Igbo. You guys forget that Igbo is a unique language where one word can mean several things depending on the context they are used. That aspect still confuses google.
You nailed it
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 6:08am On Jul 02, 2018
OMANBALA1:

I don't but I do with some Idenmili towns and the larger Umunri clan ,and Onicha share ancestry with some Obosi people. I said "progenitors", I intentionally wrote it in plural form. And yes I know about the Ihiala dialects but they are in small numbers but the culture is still the same. I never said all Anambra people originated from one man but our culture is monolithic! Many towns in Anambra share a common progenitor and we know our history.... Thats probably why we haven't chopped Anambra in little AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES like our neighbors.

My goals is to build a strong Omanbala identity for the Anambra man , rejuvenate our culture and art and sell it to the world...Anambra can achieve that if people like me gets into vital position.
Olisebuluwa meelu m ka odim n'obi.
You know your roots and it's too obvious. You are a real Nwafor Omambala.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 6:11am On Jul 02, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Shut the hell up! Your lies, pains and depression will not solve the disease of your sick mind. Nnewi has Nri migrants, Okija originated from Ogidi...You don't have the wisdom to plant the seed of division in my fathers land.

I have prayed and fasted and my only request from Olisebuluwa is to bless me with wisdom and I have gotten that....Ekene dili Olisa bi n'igwe. I school old men in history, culture and native intelligence. You can't win this argument.

Go to Facebook and search for Emeka Maduewesi a true born nwa Anaedo and tell him the same nonsense you typed up there. Nnewi is a part and parcel of Umu Omanbala and they are very proud of it.
Usu dika gi enwero onu!
Preach it bro, these kids of nowadays know next to nothing about our culture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 6:17am On Jul 02, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

An Ihiala man has far more in common with an Orlu man than he has with an Idemili man. An Onitsha man shares more in common with a number of Anioma clans in Delta than he does with an Awka indigene. An Odi man in Enugu has more in common with many Anambra clans than he has with an Nsukka man. State boundaries are geographical/political expressions and don't entirely correlate with heritage. There's nothing "monolithic" about Anambra. Some years ago, when my elder sister wanted to get married, my mum initially quibbled with her choice of suitor because the guy was from Awka. No Igbo states are monolithic in any way, including Anambra. I'm pleading with you people to stop propagating this supremacist nonsense here. It's a mental illness. It's disgusting. It's borne of an inferiority complex than manifests itself as pomposity. It tarnishes us as Igbos on this forum, both to non-Igbo outsiders and other Igbos and I cringe when I see many of you Anambra bigots do it. Listening to and reading you braggarts, I often begin to understand why many Igboid groups in the South South are either hesitant or aggressively reject the Igbo identity. I'm yet to see any thread here where Ogun people are regaling us with how superior they are to the rest of the Yoruba race - despite being by far the most accomplished Yorubas.
Stick to the chest beating as an Igbo man attacking "afonjas" as many of you love to do. I find that embarrassing, but less embarrassing than this rubbish. You're not better than an Abakaliki or Wawa man just because you were born by Anambrarians. You're better than people based on who you are as a person and what you've done with your damn life. Grow up!
What we are saying is that Ndi Omambala have actually carved an identity for themselves.
We all know that geographically, several parts of the state because of contiguity will have affinities with communities outside the state but Ndi Anambra have nurtured a common sense of being one and same and are always proud of that Omambala or Anambra identity.
To us, being Awka, Onitsha, Nnewi, Awkuzu, Ihiala, Ekwulobia-Oko, Ufuma, Aguleri, wherever doesn't matter.
What matters is Anambra or Omambala identity.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 02, 2018
U see this two monikers
Yyeske &
OMANBALA1
are enemies of ndigbo.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 7:37am On Jul 02, 2018
Tushkito:
U see this two monikers

Yyeske &

OMANBALA1

are enemies of ndigbo.
Hit your head against the nearest wall because of that

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 02, 2018
Why will an anambra man feel superior to igbos from other states?
Isn't that the height of stupidity and inferiority complex?

What makes him different from fulanis who feel that they are the king of Nigeria.
Will u guys stop this rubbish.

Rather, feel big that igboland is developing at a faster rate. It's true some states develop faster than others, it happens all over the world but that shouldn't be used to chest beat to ur brothers.
And this chest beating is sometimes very annoying and irritating. There are multiple ethnic groups in this forum but none chest beats like my people.

Counter people with constructive arguments that will differentiate you from the park and not this chest beating stuff.
I blame this on our traders. Where u see small boy chest beating and insulting an elder because he happens to find some coins in his drawer. It has spiralled out of control and we have brought that to the internet, to the extent that ones look down on fellow igbo brother.
So shameful.
If u feel that ur fellow brother isn't growing at us pace,meet him at the middle.

Is this how it will be when and if we get biafra? Anambra will start lording over the other states?
Count me and those around me out of this craze.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Malawian(m): 7:54am On Jul 02, 2018
Yyeske:
lol, onye nkogheri, greet your imaginary Ogo for me but wait, you haven't told me yet how Saint John's street is adjacent to St Michael's church street in Nkpor.
Residents of Nkpor should please note this liar and a nattad guy, o nata lu a nata, just arrived. Meaning a JJC or a my mama say I be Ibo boy talking to a nwoke Kaja lu akaja in Onitsha.
Come around and I'll show you around
No wahala. Ka Chineke Nna dobe anyi rue mgbe ekeresimesi.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by mistacoco: 8:02am On Jul 02, 2018
sassysure:

What makes him different from fulanis who feel that they are the king of Nigeria.

Rather, feel big that igboland is developing at a faster rate. It's true some states develop faster than others, it happens all over the world but that shouldn't be used to chest beat to ur brothers.
And this chest beating is sometimes very annoying and irritating. There are multiple ethnic groups in this forum but none chest beats like my people.

Counter people with constructive arguments that will differentiate you from the park and not this chest beating stuff.
I blame this on our traders. Where u see small boy chest beating and insulting an elder because he happens to find some coins in his drawer. It has spiralled out of control and we have brought that to the internet, to the extent that ones look down on fellow igbo brother.
So shameful.
If u feel that ur fellow brother isn't growing at us pace,meet him at the middle.

Is this how it will be when and if we get biafra? Anambra will start lording over the other states?
undiluted truth.. And you can never see lagosian saying that Lagos feed all the state in southwest or better than all the Yoruba states.
That why I don't support this biafra of a thing, anambra state will be the Hausa/fulani of biafra.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 8:13am On Jul 02, 2018
OMANBALA1:

I will not pander to your weakness and ignorance but I have noticed a common denominator about people that challenge me here, they never contributed positively to the upliftment of the Omanbala society. What would I feel insecure about , give me a reason as an Anambra man to feel insecure to anybody. Go through my post history and quote anywhere I drew comparison to Abakiliki people, Imo nor Enugu because your ffoolishness is legendary. You barged in here with your low self esteem of which is not any doing of mine to accuse and belittle my post yet you havent done your home work.

I have listed in my previous post some cultural practices shared among Anambra towns but like the ffool before you whom I have put to sleep you jumped in laden with bruised emotion when you dont know jack about Anambra and our social structure. You are the same guy that claimed Awka people are from Udi before I jumped in and slapped you around with a comprehensive history of Awka people...Many have fought me here and they go home bleeding and your case wont be different. Anambra share a monolithic culture and I have explained that in my previous post. I will continue with you ffools tomorrow.

Dat guy trashed u with fact and u resort to insults.

Though I don't support his inferiority complex and Anambra hate. Every other thing he said is true.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ezinwa120: 9:24am On Jul 02, 2018
What is the brouhaha all about, I have noticed within my Igbo friends how they feel when me or some of my Anambra friends discuss about my State. Is it a crime to boast about your town? Please be proud of where ever you originate from it doesn’t cost a dime. Don’t expect Onye Anambra to do that for you. I have a lot of MBA Ise friends even when other IMO people castigate them I always stand for mba ise people because they are great people too. Onye Anambra will first and foremost tell you where he came from before any introduction. We are proud people. I have seen Imo guys claim Delta for a flimsy excuse but not Onye Anambra. It’s not our fault please oooo. Be proud of who you are. Intimidate them.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:39am On Jul 02, 2018
OMANBALA1:

I will not pander to your weakness and ignorance but I have noticed a common denominator about people that challenge me here, they never contributed positively to the upliftment of the Omanbala society. What would I feel insecure about , give me a reason as an Anambra man to feel insecure to anybody. Go through my post history and quote anywhere I drew comparison to Abakiliki people, Imo nor Enugu because your ffoolishness is legendary. You barged in here with your low self esteem of which is not any doing of mine to accuse and belittle my post yet you havent done your home work.

I have listed in my previous post some cultural practices shared among Anambra towns but like the ffool before you whom I have put to sleep you jumped in laden with bruised emotion when you dont know jack about Anambra and our social structure. You are the same guy that claimed Awka people are from Udi before I jumped in and slapped you around with a comprehensive history of Awka people...Many have fought me here and they go home bleeding and your case wont be different. Anambra share a monolithic culture and I have explained that in my previous post. I will continue with you ffools tomorrow.

You're a demented cretin. ME said Awka people are from Udi? grin Where? Show me the place. Seems apart from being a juvenile, chest-beating clown, you're schizophrenic as well.
Please, tell me these wonderful things you've done for the "upliftment" of Anambra. Supremacist rubbish declaring yourself the master race of Igbos doesn't count. I never said you mentioned any state. Your ramblings by implication seek to elevate Anambra as some kind of special breed. That pomposity is borne of an inferiority complex. It's basic reverse psychology that people who brag the most are the most insecure. And no, the clown that claims Anambra is a "monolithic" society doesn't know jack about Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:42am On Jul 02, 2018
Yyeske:
What we are saying is that Ndi Omambala have actually carved an identity for themselves.
We all know that geographically, several parts of the state because of contiguity will have affinities with communities outside the state but Ndi Anambra have nurtured a common sense of being one and same and are always proud of that Omambala or Anambra identity.
To us, being Awka, Onitsha, Nnewi, Awkuzu, Ihiala, Ekwulobia-Oko, Ufuma, Aguleri, wherever doesn't matter.
What matters is Anambra or Omambala identity.

Really? Is that why some Anambra groups like Ihiala have agitated for state creation in the past, despite being geographically the smallest state in Nigeria after Lagos? Because we're all "one"?

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast: 10:46am On Jul 02, 2018
Obiora Olisah(Obi1kenobi), Anambra is a monolithic state in so many ways and not necessarily the origin of different sub groups. Cultural affiliation, ambition etc. Our world view from GOD is entirely different from others and that is why we were able to have produced the likes of Zik, Ojukwu, Achebe, Chike Obi and new generation icons as Emeagwali, Soludo, Chimamanda, etc..they are just too many doing the entire black race proud all over the world.

If you carve out a place from Kogi for instance and place them in Anambra, they will naturally start aiming higher like us, because iron sharpens iron. It is an infectious thing.

So, Obiora give it up. There is nothing bad in projecting yourself.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:51am On Jul 02, 2018
sassysure:

So shameful.

When you point out the emboldened fact to many of them, that they are the kings of chestbeaters on this forum, they either say you're not Igbo or not from Anambra. It's the usual tactic. The chestbeating disease has now gone internal where Igbo sub-groups insult other Igbos as inferior. A real shame. A real embarrassment. And they wonder why Hausa/Fulanis are one indivisible bloc, while South-South Igboid groups are competing with each other on who can reject the Igbo identity the most.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OMANBALA1: 10:51am On Jul 02, 2018
Obdk:

Dat guy trashed u with fact and u resort to insults.

Though I don't support his inferiority complex and Anambra hate. Every other thing he said is true.

Nobody trashed anybody, like I said I will start where I stopped yesterday. I was in a hurry when I wrote my short reply. I will come back to that post. And just to clear some things up, I never preached hate nor put our neighbors down I just want my fatherland to be the best.
Remember, I am a true Omanbala boy.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast: 10:52am On Jul 02, 2018
Obiora Olisah(Obi1kenobi), I am from Uga for instance and the day my town is carved out from Anambra that is the day I will join my wife who is from Nnewi and start being an indigene of Nnewi. Because I can't stand the trauma of not being an Anambra indigene. It is a thing of pride belonging to Anambra family. There is this feeling of joy and fulfilment you get each time you pause and remember that you are from Anambra. It is something natural and it exudes with confidence in us. Anambra people are naturally in love with their state anywhere you find them.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:53am On Jul 02, 2018
oneeast:
Obiora Olisah(Obi1kenobi), Anambra is a monolithic state in so many ways and not necessarily the origin of different sub groups. Cultural affiliation, ambition etc. Our world view from GOD is entirely different from others and that is why we were able to have produced the likes of Zik, Ojukwu, Achebe, Chike Obi and new generation icons as Emeagwali, Soludo, Chimamanda, etc..they are just too many doing the entire black race proud all over the world.

If you carve out a place from Kogi for instance and place them in Anambra, they will naturally start aiming higher like us, because iron sharpens iron. It is an infectious thing.

So, Obiora give it up. There is nothing bad in projecting yourself.

Chino, you don adopt your 45208466th moniker? grin How many you get for this forum?

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast: 10:55am On Jul 02, 2018
Obiora, I am a lover of peace and I preach peace everywhere I go. Just let this be. Dalu

Obi1kenobi:

Chino, you don adopt your 45208466th moniker? grin How many you get for this forum?

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OMANBALA1: 11:08am On Jul 02, 2018
oneeast:
Obiora Olisah(Obi1kenobi), I am from Uga for instance and the day my town is carved out from Anambra that is the day I will join my wife who is from Nnewi and start being an indigene of Nnewi. Because I can't stand the trauma of not being an Anambra indigene. It is a thing of pride belonging to Anambra family. There is this feeling of joy and fulfilment you get each time you pause and remember that you are from Anambra. It is something natural and it exudes with confidence in us. Anambra people are naturally in love with their state anywhere you find them.

In our late daughter Dorathy Akunyili's words when Obiano visited Houston, Texas...Read this, "Its a privilege to be from Anambra"

In Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's words at Women center Awka...."Anambra dialect is elegant and posh"

Omanbala nnem, onye na aburo ona ebe!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 11:11am On Jul 02, 2018
Lets talk biko, sorry for that day i couldn't reply. my director asked for me so i have to abandoned everything .
Biko call me when your less busy, Daalu

But i wish you can quit all these banter with our brothers and sisters, Fulanis are advancing with the speed of light. Quit it and lets regroup

oneeast:
Obiora, I am a lover of peace and I preach peace everywhere I go. Just let this be. Dalu

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OMANBALA1: 11:11am On Jul 02, 2018
mistacoco:
undiluted truth.. And you can never see lagosian saying that Lagos feed all the state in southwest or better than all the Yoruba states.
That why I don't support this biafra of a thing, anambra state will be the Hausa/fulani of biafra.

Where did we as Ndi Anambra put anybody down on this thread ?? Point it out or keep shut !

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast: 11:13am On Jul 02, 2018
Ok nwanne m, just gimme 20min ka m jaa gi n igwe.

DawatNama:
Lets talk biko, sorry for that day i couldn't reply. my director asked for me so i have to abandoned everything .
Biko call me when your less busy, Daalu

But i wish you can quit all these banter with our brothers and sisters, Fulanis are advancing with the speed of light. Quit it and lets regroup

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 11:16am On Jul 02, 2018
sassysure:

So shameful.

STOP BELIEVING EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET.

MOST OF THOSE PEOPLE CLAIMING TO BE FROM ANAMBRA ARE ACTUALLY FAKE.

STOP FORMING AN OPINION ABOUT ANAMBRA STATE AND PEOPLE BASED ON FACELESS INTERNET PUNK STUNTS

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 11:26am On Jul 02, 2018
Commendations Trail Ban Of Okada In Onitsha
02 JULY 2018

WRITTEN BY EMENGINI OSADEBE
Onitsha the commercial nerve centre of the State, yesterday witnessed the absence of commercial motorcyclists following the State government’s ban on their operations, which had commenced in earnest.

A visit to major streets in the area including Oguta road, Awka road as well as the D.M.G.S round about, witnessed only vehicular and human traffic.

Speaking to the ABS a passer-by, Mr Austin Igbokwe, noted that the ban will not only restore sanity, but help in decongesting the city.

On his part, a trader Mr James Nwugo, described the ban as a right step in a positive direction.

Meanwhile, some well meaning citizens who spoke to our correspondent Emengini Osadebe commended the State government for taking such a bold step saying that the ban will help reduce accidents on the highways, as well as help check crime and criminalities across the State.

Chief Umeano and Mrs. Eunice Okafor, while commending Governor Willie Obiano for taking the bold step encouraged commercial motorcyclists to key into the State government’s palliative for them to enhance their living standards.

Contributing, Mr Emmanuel Obi who expressed joy at the level of sanity recorded on the roads due to absence of commercial motorcyclists, said it will help the people develop the zeal of trekking to their various destinations which he noted is part of exercise which will make them keep fit.

Mr. Monday Okafor said the ban will help in maintaining good environment and improve the corporate image of the State.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 11:28am On Jul 02, 2018

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 11:29am On Jul 02, 2018
God Bless you brother, i wanted to ask after you yesterday, its been a long time. Abi you are using another psuedo?

The issue is that some miscreant have highjacked the thread and be insulting people claiming they are Anambra people. imagine people that can't defend and wont even reply yoruba insult to Anambra people nay igbos will come here forming an Anambra identity that never was . Its very unfortunate our people have failed to see the scam here.
ChimaAdeoye:

STOP BELIEVING EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET.

MOST OF THOSE PEOPLE CLAIMING TO BE FROM ANAMBRA ARE ACTUALLY FAKE.

STOP FORMING AN OPINION ABOUT ANAMBRA STATE AND PEOPLE BASED ON FACELESS INTERNET PUNK STUNTS

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 11:31am On Jul 02, 2018
N

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 02, 2018
mistacoco:
Do u know that Hausa is endangered tribe? We mistakenly say Hausa fulani bc of the language but the truth is that fulani colonised Hausa and has been flogging them since
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by DawatNama(m): 11:42am On Jul 02, 2018
[size=18pt] Anambra State as a matter of urgency, public importance, safety and decency ban roadside billboads, signposts and banners of all type . I'm happy Okada have been phased out in ANambra State and i pray its sutained and extended to the farthest parts of the cities but allow them in rural areas.

Ban signposts and billbaords should be another anthem now[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (1325) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.