Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,500 members, 7,830,507 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (908) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2086141 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) (911) ... (1321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Armon: 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2022
Yes minister for transport Amaechi mentioned the successful concession of the onitsha port granted granted to universal eligion consortium.

Although this a good news as I have been following up the news of concession of the river port.

Now my fears are these!
What are the major terms in the concession agreement, remember since the FG owns the port they can determine the farthest it can go, meaning that FG can make it small like Bonny or Warri ports.

Also the beneficiary company is so new and unknown to the public we believe it may be revealed soon properly.

For now we should be grateful.

Soludo should quickly plan a city for more influx of people and businesses.

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:55pm On Feb 03, 2022
ChiefOtunist:

No vex please, and don't call me a pessimist, do you try looking up Universal Eligion Consortium?
The company doesn't exist!!!
Do we suspect foul play?
Abi politics?
I had Arthur Eze and Emeka Offor were both bidding for the port, I guess Arthur won the concession.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by nduprincekc(m): 6:03pm On Feb 03, 2022
updates please
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by gwafaeziokwu: 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2022
post=109927736:

I had Arthur Eze and Emeka Offor were both bidding for the port, I guess Arthur won the concession.

Arthur Eze kwa. I don't like the sound of it at all.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NoQualmz: 9:19pm On Feb 03, 2022
The agitation seems to be dying down gradually. What 2023 cannot do does not exist. Some pple are already using and pointing out the foolishness/actions of the group in d past to denounce and back off support for the region. I am happy some pple are beginning to wake up,they’re beginning to see things differently...they’re beginning to see how POLITICS and not politics of bitterness,hatred and lamentations is played.

Wisdom is very very profitable....

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NkanuSon: 10:35pm On Feb 03, 2022
I don't understand
gwafaeziokwu:

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 10:38pm On Feb 03, 2022
gwafaeziokwu:

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TabletMan: 8:48am On Feb 04, 2022
NoQualmz:
The agitation seems to be dying down gradually. What 2023 cannot do does not exist. Some pple are already using and pointing out the foolishness/actions of the group in d past to denounce and back off support for the region. I am happy some pple are beginning to wake up,they’re beginning to see things differently...they’re beginning to see how POLITICS and not politics of bitterness,hatred and lamentations is played.

Wisdom is very very profitable....
Their supporters will ignore this your comment only to spring and defend their atrocities whenever the news broke out. I never expect my people to be this unreasonable. How can you support a group of people causing untold hardship and chaos in your region?
Few weeks back I drop a comment on how Fabian Nworah nearly escaped death from the hands of these boys and everybody acted like it's nothing.
Tomorrow you will telling him how his investment suppose to be in the environment that nearly took his life.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by asha80(m): 9:55am On Feb 04, 2022
TabletMan:
Their supporters will ignore this your comment only to spring and defend their atrocities whenever the news broke out. I never expect my people to be this unreasonable. How can you support a group of people causing untold hardship and chaos in your region?
Few weeks back I drop a comment on how Fabian Nworah nearly escaped death from the hands of these boys and everybody acted like it's nothing.
Tomorrow you will telling him how his investment suppose to be in the environment that nearly took his life.
yep I saw that fabian nworah news you posted then
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChiefOtunist(f): 10:45am On Feb 04, 2022
post=109927736:

That's not the name of Arthur's company.
Like, try looking up the name on Google, no single info about them, like no single info. The name doesn't even exist.
Hope we are not being played as regards 2023, with Amaechi in the race too?
I am not worried, just concerned.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NoQualmz: 10:55am On Feb 04, 2022
These guys have successfully given these pple what to use in attacking us against getting the No1 position in 2023...u see how actions come back to hunt you. Gragra and noise won’t take anyone anywhere. Good thing Ohaneze ndi igbo have been quite vocal these days.
Even though some Eastern school of thought strongly posits that having key infrastructures is better than the presidency. I honestly still wish for an eastern presidency....that’s a step in dousing already existing tension.

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:01pm On Feb 04, 2022
This is one of the tallest buildings in Nigeria. It is built in a village of Umuchukwu(Nkerehi) by one of their sons, Dr Godwin Maduka (Okosisi Orumba).

This 17 floors skyscraper is to serve as a Medical Research institute.

Dr Maduka is also one of those involved in the ongoing Community Infrastructural development competition among ANAMBRA State wealthy individuals.

He has built roads in Umuchukwu, Orumba South LGA of ANAMBRA State.
He built schools, Courtrooms, Hospital, etc.

Government may fail us, but the people will continue to push to develop ANAMBRA State.

Follow Us on This is Anambra

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 2:49pm On Feb 04, 2022
investnow2013:
This is one of the tallest buildings in Nigeria. It is built in a village of Umuchukwu(Nkerehi) by one of their sons, Dr Godwin Maduka (Okosisi Orumba).

This 17 floors skyscraper is to serve as a Medical Research institute.

Dr Maduka is also one of those involved in the ongoing Community Infrastructural development competition among ANAMBRA State wealthy individuals.

He has built roads in Umuchukwu, Orumba South LGA of ANAMBRA State.
He built schools, Courtrooms, Hospital, etc.

Government may fail us, but the people will continue to push to develop ANAMBRA State.

Follow Us on This is Anambra

Construction works finished some years back. Has the medical facility opened for business yet....or is it still empty?

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 2:59pm On Feb 04, 2022
ChiefOtunist:

That's not the name of Arthur's company.
Like, try looking up the name on Google, no single info about them, like no single info. The name doesn't even exist.
Hope we are not being played as regards 2023, with Amaechi in the race too?
I am not worried, just concerned.

I know you’re trying to be nice about this and not make it look like you’re ‘finding fault’, but let’s say it as it is: a non-existent coy...with no identifiable track record we can use to gauge expectations with regards to how they will handle the concession agreement, is nothing to be excited about!

Isn’t this the same river port they were doing test runs on more than a year ago? Then after that, everything died down....only for it to be resurrected again few months to the 2023 elections! I’m even wondering if the river channel hasn’t silted-up again and wouldn’t need another round of dredging to get to a safe/workable depth!

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:38pm On Feb 04, 2022
The Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) has said that the Onitsha River Port concession, which is under a Rehabilitate-Operate and Transfer (ROT) arrangement, targets to generate over N50 billion revenue.

The 30-year concession, which has received the approval of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) will serve as an alternative source of transporting goods to the South East from Lagos, Port Harcourt and other areas with adequate water connectivity.

The Ag. Head, Media and Publicity, Manji Yarling said the FEC’s approval followed a detailed process under the regulatory guidance of the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) which commenced in 2011 with support from the World Bank.
The Onitsha River Port which was officially opened over three decades ago has not been optimally utilised, having been neglected for years, and it is one of the four River Ports in the country with others situated in Lokoja, Kogi State; Baro in Niger State and Oguta in Imo State.
Yarling pointed out that “This concession is part of the bigger Federal Government’s plan to concession the remaining river ports and enhance inland waterways transportation in the country.
“The 30-year concession is expected to generate over N50 billion to the Federal Government and create thousands of direct and indirect jobs, while facilitating more efficient trade within the country through cheaper, easier and cleaner method of transporting goods and services.
The Port is equipped to deal with general cargo such as containers, bulk cargo and other packaged freight, and has a land area of over 12 Hectares.
“The wharf is 324 meters long with a further provision for additional expansion of 234 meters, and the Port also has facilities such as storage workshops and parking areas to cater for operations.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/onitsha-river-port-concession-to-generate-over-n50bn-revenue-%E2%80%95-icrc/

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Permesso: 5:03pm On Feb 04, 2022
post=109952508:
The Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) has said that the Onitsha River Port concession, which is under a Rehabilitate-Operate and Transfer (ROT) arrangement, targets to generate over N50 billion revenue.

The 30-year concession, which has received the approval of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) will serve as an alternative source of transporting goods to the South East from Lagos, Port Harcourt and other areas with adequate water connectivity.

The Ag. Head, Media and Publicity, Manji Yarling said the FEC’s approval followed a detailed process under the regulatory guidance of the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) which commenced in 2011 with support from the World Bank.
The Onitsha River Port which was officially opened over three decades ago has not been optimally utilised, having been neglected for years, and it is one of the four River Ports in the country with others situated in Lokoja, Kogi State; Baro in Niger State and Oguta in Imo State.
Yarling pointed out that “This concession is part of the bigger Federal Government’s plan to concession the remaining river ports and enhance inland waterways transportation in the country.
“The 30-year concession is expected to generate over N50 billion to the Federal Government and create thousands of direct and indirect jobs, while facilitating more efficient trade within the country through cheaper, easier and cleaner method of transporting goods and services.
The Port is equipped to deal with general cargo such as containers, bulk cargo and other packaged freight, and has a land area of over 12 Hectares.
“The wharf is 324 meters long with a further provision for additional expansion of 234 meters, and the Port also has facilities such as storage workshops and parking areas to cater for operations.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/onitsha-river-port-concession-to-generate-over-n50bn-revenue-%E2%80%95-icrc/
already viable Port since 3 decade when Tech was not this sophisticated, they're playing politics with. a whole city like Onitsha, by now they should have been talking about buiding another neaby Port or expansion becausethe activists will be unexpected. The sky view is awesome.

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2022
The question is, who are the people behind the so-called Eligion consortium?
What company is that? Are they for real this time around?

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by chiefobdk2: 7:39pm On Feb 04, 2022
NoQualmz:
These guys have successfully given these pple what to use in attacking us against getting the No1 position in 2023...u see how actions come back to hunt you. Gragra and noise won’t take anyone anywhere. Good thing Ohaneze ndi igbo have been quite vocal these days.
Even though some Eastern school of thought strongly posits that having key infrastructures is better than the presidency. I honestly still wish for an eastern presidency....that’s a step in dousing already existing tension.

useless comment..what good will being the president of Nigeria do to Igbos...

senseless comment

2 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Mega2biz(m): 8:16am On Feb 05, 2022
Free skill acquisition session by a young Anambra lady.. Get you person in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdyQ-wGgRdI

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by marshman293: 5:36pm On Feb 05, 2022
The so-called company
Universal Eligion doesn't exist.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by leicestercamper: 6:21pm On Feb 05, 2022
Good development. Anambra leads

post=109952508:

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Armon: 8:10pm On Feb 05, 2022
As I jubilate on the successful concession of the onitsha river port, And also haven read the concession agreement in part as defined at the national newspapers it revealed that the port is only a means of transport for goods cleared from Lagos. I thought it should be a point of entry in to Nigeria like Lagos ports.

However FG expects it to generate 50 billion naira how ? I believe is by transporting containers from lagos?

Anyways this my humble opinion and understanding not intended to alter any right facts.

Regardless we should be grateful. Because this is what GEJ and OBI couldn’t do when they had the opportunity

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:19pm On Feb 05, 2022
Armon:
As I jubilate on the successful concession of the onitsha river port, And also haven read the concession agreement in part as defined at the national newspapers it revealed that the port is only a means of transport for goods cleared from Lagos. I thought it should be a point of entry in to Nigeria like Lagos ports.

However FG expects it to generate 50 billion naira how ? I believe is by transporting containers from lagos?

Anyways this my humble opinion and understanding not intended to alter any right facts.

Regardless we should be grateful. Because this is what GEJ and OBI couldn’t do when they had the opportunity
Amaechi did it

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:23pm On Feb 05, 2022
When I told ignorant minds that Amaechi and Co was the reason why Anambra had credible election, they secretly supported Prof Soludo against Andy Ubah APC candidate being backed by Tinubu's camp

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NkanuSon: 9:13pm On Feb 05, 2022
I was surprise their Lauretta onochie and co where the first to congratulate soludo
post=109987422:
When I told ignorant minds that Amaechi and Co was the reason why Anambra had credible election, they secretly supported Prof Soludo against Andy Ubah APC candidate being backed by Tinubu's camp

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AdJosh: 12:04am On Feb 06, 2022
ICC and CARGO AIRPORT UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLDaH_JE2Uo

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 1:23am On Feb 06, 2022
AdJosh:

Obiano bu Odogwu!!!

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 3:28am On Feb 06, 2022
AdJosh:

Great stuff! So impressed with the finishing, esp' of the convention centre.....the clean lines and attention to detail is world-class. It's obvious the governor wants to replicate in these projects, the high standards obtainable abroad. This is ordinarily what we should expect from all these other state governors that live or travel abroad (US, UAE, UK, etc), see what world-class is, yet come back home and construct cheapass, pretentious rubbish that's already looking dated and dilapidated just a few months after launch.

Thought i would see the fire-trucks i read in a different thread have already been delivered. Hopefully, the avio-bridges would be installed soon as well.....and the airfield landscaping done too.

It's a relief knowing Soludo is the incoming governor after Obiano....it's akin to Carl Lewis handing the baton over to Usain Bolt! shocked

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 3:32am On Feb 06, 2022
post=109987422:
Secretly supported how? Amaechi played zero role in Soludo victory. Absolutely zero. Where was Amaechi when Malami wanted to hijack the election before Obiano went to meet Buhari. Why hasn't Amaechi influenced his own Rivers election? A lot of people seem to underrate APGA strong party structure in Anambra.
Andy Ubah faction just won APC leadership in the state so if your statement was correct Amaechi would have also stopped the Ubah faction from winning it the party structure

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by 3pointsagree: 7:05am On Feb 06, 2022
Amazing Anambra
My pride

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:15pm On Feb 06, 2022
AdJosh:

How I wished ICC Building is the Anambra Airport Terminal House!.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) (911) ... (1321) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.