Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,239 members, 7,836,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (930) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2091069 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) (932) (933) ... (1321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 3:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
post=110916989:
Anambra State Executive Council Holds Valedictory Session Under Governor Obiano

By Ejike Abana (ABS Government House Correspondent)

The Executive Council of the Government of Anambra State has held its last executive meeting under Governor Willie Obiano.

The Council is the highest decision making body of the state government.

Today, 10th March, 2022, Governor Obiano presided over the last executive session held at the Anambra International Convention Center, Awka.

Speaking, the Governor thanked them for being dedicated to duty in the service of Anambra State.

While wihing them well in their future endeavour, Governor Obiano stressed that all the strides recorded during his administration was a joint effort, starting from the exco members.

Shortly before the end of the session, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Disability Matters, Barrister Chuka Ezenwanne moved a motion that the Anambra International Cargo and Passenger Airport be named after the Governor.

It was unanimously adopted by exco members through a voice vote.

Adjournment of the exco was moved by Commissioner for Tertiary and Science Education, Barrister Sally Mbanefo, seconded by the Commissioner for Public Utilities, Mr. Emeka Ezenwanne.

The venue of the meeting was still inside the International Convention Center!!!

Now Anambra has a befitting venue for big or small gatherings. I just hope that Prof Soludo will expedite the construction of the International Convention Center Hotel so that staff working in the hotel can be used to regularly clean and maintain the ICC edifice. Else, it will surely become a junkyard in a few years like every Nigerian edifice built without a solid maintenance plan.

9 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
post=110917365:
THE REHABILITATION OF THE ONITSHA - AGULERI - ADANI ROAD IN ANAMBRA STATE

The project, which is being handled through the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency (FERMA), began in May 2021 with the expectation of completion before the end of 2022. As an agrarian area, the completion of this road will benefit farmers a lot in the movement of their produce to markets.
This very road lead to Coscharis rice farm at Anaku

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
OreMI22:

The venue of the meeting was still inside the International Convention Center!!!

Now Anambra has a befitting venue for big or small gatherings. I just hope that Prof Soludo will expedite the construction of the International Convention Center Hotel so that staff working in the hotel can be used to regularly clean and maintain the ICC edifice. Else, it will surely become a junkyard in a few years like every Nigerian edifice built without a solid maintenance plan.
Yes, small meeting hall inside ICC

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AsomughaChuks05: 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2022
post=110916989:
Anambra State Executive Council Holds Valedictory Session Under Governor Obiano

By Ejike Abana (ABS Government House Correspondent)

The Executive Council of the Government of Anambra State has held its last executive meeting under Governor Willie Obiano.

The Council is the highest decision making body of the state government.

Today, 10th March, 2022, Governor Obiano presided over the last executive session held at the Anambra International Convention Center, Awka.

Speaking, the Governor thanked them for being dedicated to duty in the service of Anambra State.

While wihing them well in their future endeavour, Governor Obiano stressed that all the strides recorded during his administration was a joint effort, starting from the exco members.

Shortly before the end of the session, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Disability Matters, Barrister Chuka Ezenwanne moved a motion that the Anambra International Cargo and Passenger Airport be named after the Governor.

It was unanimously adopted by exco members through a voice vote.

Adjournment of the exco was moved by Commissioner for Tertiary and Science Education, Barrister Sally Mbanefo, seconded by the Commissioner for Public Utilities, Mr. Emeka Ezenwanne.

I am glad that the outcry of well meaning Anambrarians including myself for this world class airport to be renamed after our amiable Governor has been heard and approved! Chief Willie Obiano International Airport Umueri it is!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer567: 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2022

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 5:04pm On Mar 10, 2022
AsomughaChuks05:

I am glad that the outcry of well meaning Anambrarians including myself for this world class airport to be renamed after our amiable Governor has been heard and approved! Chief Willie Obiano International Airport Umueri it is!
A victory for us all, true lovers of good governance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
post=110917954:

Yes, small meeting hall inside ICC
What the update on that skyscraper hotel in Awka. Is it still being built?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AsomughaChuks05: 5:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
globemoney:

A victory for us all, true lovers of good governance.

Yes a very sweet victory. Ndi Anambra have been waiting eagerly for that airport which other governors ignored or considered undoable to the point that all kinds of conspiracy theories about Luxury bus owners waging war against it but Governor Obiano was determined to break the jinx and do something most Anambra people had thought was impossible.

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:55pm On Mar 10, 2022
globemoney:

What the update on that skyscraper hotel in Awka. Is it still being built?
I believe the incoming administration will focus on it, the area has been mapped out.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BKayy: 6:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
hammer567:
The Monarch (Lagos)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap9dKYV2Al8
What exactly is something titled Lagos doing in Anambra thread?

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 6:14pm On Mar 10, 2022
AsomughaChuks05:

Yep! You sure did mention it as a worthy thank you to the man for his fantastic service to the state.

Great minds like you are a treasured resource in Igboland. We need more men of high wisdom and a strong sense of justice for everyone to continue to encourage excellence in our land.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
BKayy:

What exactly is something titled Lagos doing in Anambra thread?
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Some People still wan take style tell you say they are more impressed with anything in Lagos than groundbreaking achievements in Anambra

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 7:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
post=110916857:
Soludo led-Anambra vision 2070 plan submits 200-page final Report, Recommendations to Gov Obiano at International conference center Awka

Vision 2070?

Wonderment...cool

Though,I Will never forget the echoes of vision 2020 and it’s great expectations

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by EasternActivist: 7:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
AsomughaChuks05:

This gladdens my heart.

Obiano is the Living legend.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Mega2biz(m): 8:13pm On Mar 10, 2022
The breathtaking 10,000 capacity Anambra International Convention Centre, Awka.

This will definitely spur Anambra into becoming an entertainment hub, hosting all kinds of entertainment shows, award shows, international conferences, trade fairs, exhibitions etc.

We finally have an alternative to Eko Hotel convention centre, Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEN5D5ggb8o

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 8:57pm On Mar 10, 2022
EasternActivist:

This gladdens my heart.

Obiano is the Living legend.

No matter how much one tries to claim he isn't a praise singer, you cannot be indifferent to the spectacular achievements of Willie Obiano!
If every Governor in Nigeria took their state far as Obiano took Anambra in the last 8 years, Nigeria would have been like South Korea today. I still wonder how he found money to out-perform even my own oil-producing state next door. Walahi, the thing still dey shock me!

Meanwhile, I enjoyed this young artist's tribute to Obiano.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssd4SENUB2Q

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 9:10pm On Mar 10, 2022
OreMI22:

Exactly!

Just like Eko International Convention Center and the Lagos Sheraton International convention centers retained their pristine condition due to being attached and maintained by the staff of a major 5-star hotel.

Unless the accompanying hotel is built for the Awka International Convention Center, it will ultimately fall into disrepair and be abandoned. The average civil servant does not know how to sweep and mop a cement office floor where they work every day. Thus, giving them granite marble to maintain is just asking for the impossible.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:03pm On Mar 10, 2022
New Awka City Stadium to host AIFL matches

The Newly constructed Awka City Stadium in Anambra State, is set to host the *Anambra Independent Football League* fixtures, this Friday.

The AIFL Management through its Secretariat, today announced that the AIFL Match Day 16 programme* earlier scheduled to hold at St. John Cross Egbo Nnewi will now be played at the new Awka City Stadium.

The League Council revealed that, The Anambra State Sports Development Commission (ASSDC) under the leadership of Hon. Chief Tony Oli earlier today graciously approved for the AIFL Match Day 16 games to be played at the Awka City Stadium, Awka.

The Stadium will also become the new home for NPFL side, Rangers International of Enugu.

The Anambra Independent league management in a statement said "We regret the inconvenience this venue change may cause the teams in terms of logistics and travelling arrangements."

Three matches will be played in this Friday's round of fixtures, with the first match set to kick off at 10am.

AIFL week 16 Fixtures

DATE: FRIDAY, MARCH 11th, 2022 (Tomorrow)

VENUE: AWKA CITY STADIUM, AWKA

10AM:
RANGELS FA VS CARDINAL ARINZE FC

12PM:
MEKON UNITED FC VS BUBENDORF FC

2PM:
GP WORLD FA VS PEACE FC

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer567: 10:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
OBI AND OBIANO ALREADY SET THE STANDARD HIGH.

SOLUDO HAS MAJOR WORK TO MEET THAT STANDARD.

IN MY OPINION, OBI IS STILL NUMBER 1, IN TERMS OF PROJECTS AND DEBT DISCIPLINE.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:30am On Mar 11, 2022
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:33am On Mar 11, 2022
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 2:28am On Mar 11, 2022
hammer567:
OBI AND OBIANO ALREADY SET THE STANDARD HIGH.

SOLUDO HAS MAJOR WORK TO MEET THAT STANDARD.

IN MY OPINION, OBI IS STILL NUMBER 1, IN TERMS OF PROJECTS AND DEBT DISCIPLINE.
In terms of what projects? Always talking nonsense..

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abuzz33: 3:02am On Mar 11, 2022
Mega2biz:
The breathtaking 10,000 capacity Anambra International Convention Centre, Awka.

This will definitely spur Anambra into becoming an entertainment hub, hosting all kinds of entertainment shows, award shows, international conferences, trade fairs, exhibitions etc.

We finally have an alternative to Eko Hotel convention centre, Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEN5D5ggb8o

They need to get good event management professionals for the ICC and market it for large events while positioning it within the broader messaging of Anambra as an attractive business, entertainment and leisure destination. They should understudy how Eko and the Chagouris does theirs especially with facility maintenance.

The government should ensure accessibility to the ICC and ensuring that Awka expressway and Zik Avenue is cleaned up of all its nuisance factors like all the keke and buses congesting junctions and parking illegally which you don't see in VI or Abuja. They should relocate the Eke Awka market out of Zik Avenue and relocate the governors lodge and CPS.

Accessibility will allow visitors to stay in all the good hotels along the expressway axis, Trig point and Vertex View at Nibo all the way to Agulu Lake Hotel. Rehabilitating zik Avenue from its slum eke awka nature will improve the kind of businesses on that axis all the way to the ICC.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 4:28am On Mar 11, 2022
abuzz33:

They need to get good event management professionals for the ICC and market it for large events while positioning it within the broader messaging of Anambra as an attractive business, entertainment and leisure destination. They should understudy how Eko and the Chagouris does theirs especially with facility maintenance.

The government should ensure accessibility to the ICC and ensuring that Awka expressway and Zik Avenue is cleaned up of all its nuisance factors like all the keke and buses congesting junctions and parking illegally which you don't see in VI or Abuja. They should relocate the Eke Awka market out of Zik Avenue and relocate the governors lodge and CPS.

Accessibility will allow visitors to stay in all the good hotels along the expressway axis, Trig point and Vertex View at Nibo all the way to Agulu Lake Hotel. Rehabilitating zik Avenue from its slum eke awka nature will improve the kind of businesses on that axis all the way to the ICC.
I love this. I hope they'll implement it.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 4:38am On Mar 11, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4TkCk2R-X0
Great speech by Soludo.. Continuity is the word. I'm glad he understands and appreciated the work done on the ICC and Airport..
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer567: 5:34am On Mar 11, 2022
globemoney:

In terms of what projects? Always talking nonsense..

SO, NA U DEY ATTACK ME SINCE FOR HERE? grin
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by collagiatepaper: 6:54am On Mar 11, 2022
Mktinsight your inputs are useless and worthless. Take it back. Demon has nothing good to offer anyone. Anambra doesn't need your input.

[s]
abuzz33:

he government should ensure accessibility to the ICC and ensuring that Awka expressway and Zik Avenue is cleaned up of all its nuisance factors like all the keke and buses congesting junctions and parking illegally which you don't see in VI or Abuja. They should relocate the Eke Awka market out of Zik Avenue and relocate the governors lodge and CPS.ccessibility will allow visitors to stay in all the good hotels along the expressway axis, Trig point and Vertex View at Nibo all the way to Agulu Lake Hotel. Rehabilitating zik Avenue from its slum eke awka nature will improve the kind of businesses on that axis all the way to the ICC.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by collagiatepaper: 6:55am On Mar 11, 2022
Anambra is steadily moving forward. Cool

globemoney:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4TkCk2R-X0
Great speech by Soludo.. Continuity is the word. I'm glad he understands and appreciated the work done on the ICC and Airport..

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 8:10am On Mar 11, 2022
collagiatepaper:
Mktinsight your inputs are useless and worthless. Take it back. Demon has nothing good to offer anyone. Anambra doesn't need your input.

[s][/s]

Lol grin

The evil night Owl seems right on the relocation of that nuisance location called eke awka market. That market needs to broken down to pieces and have it relocated or better still have it renovated with a high fence as high as the prison’s. Those points where those hawkers sit to cause congestion needs to be stopped
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by collagiatepaper: 9:18am On Mar 11, 2022
We don’t need an advice of a demonic night owl. There's a standard international market already under construction at Isiagu area of Awka. So Eke Awka market will be moved anyway. We don’t need demonic advice in Anambra to know what to do.

Landmack:

Lol grin

The evil night Owl seems right on the relocation of that nuisance location called eke awka market. That market needs to broken down to pieces and have it relocated or better still have it renovated with a high fence as high as the prison’s. Those points where those hawkers sit to cause congestion needs to be stopped
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 10:53am On Mar 11, 2022
collagiatepaper:
We don’t need an advice of a demonic night owl. There's a standard international market already under construction at Isiagu area of Awka. So that market will be moved anyway. We don’t need demonic advice in Anambra to know what to do.

You’re right grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) (932) (933) ... (1321) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.