Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,116 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Efcc Vs Innoson : The Other Side Of The Coin. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Vs Innoson : The Other Side Of The Coin. (463 Views)

EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday / GTB Vs Innoson: Courts Grants Innoson Chairman To Take Over Bank Over Debt / EFCC Vs Saraki: An Unending Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Efcc Vs Innoson : The Other Side Of The Coin. by 36pripa(m): 7:06pm On Dec 21, 2017
I am opportuned to be the least learned and exposed on some issues, I also understand that it is quite late to ruminate on the imbroglio above given that the Senate has lent it's voice, the court of public opinion has dealt a great deal on this matter and Chief Innocent have been released on administrative bail.
However on further reflection on the judgements abundant in the media , of which some are awash with tribal ,political and religious sentiments, I deem it fit to say that the real but have not been cracked and we are being more emotional than rational in our judgements.

Permit me to borrow this quote of Martin Luther King Jnr. which suits the situation we are facing today,
" Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality , tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly,affects all indirectly". Before I continue, I must also admit that I am no saint of any sort, at few occasions my sentiments have beclouded my rationality.

Chief Chukwuma is not the first person to be arrested in gestapo style since the inception of this administration as we have watched Dasuki, Ibrahim Zakzaky amidst many other personalities and recently Judges toe this inglorious path. The question that lies before us now is, "on these occasions of flagrant abuse to human right and divinity, what have we done?".

The best of our actions have being to whip up political, ethnic and religious sentiments on why an injustice should be allowed under our eyes because the victim is a yam eater, Yoruba afonja ,wawa Igbo, IPOB sympathiser or backward Northerner. The most sane of our stupid community would put up defences on how the President can do no wrong or how this Hollywood style should be accepted as it suits the Nigerian climate.
All our actions are geared towards heaping blames and curses on a few individuals and play tribal cards, while forgetting that injustice anywhere is a threat to justice anywhere. Yesterday it was the turn of the Hausas and Yorubas to have a taste of the society we live in, today it is the turn of the Igbos and I hope we enjoyed our doses.

Is it not surprising that the ENDSARS campaigns that lasted online only and alleged boycott of OLIC4 because of the involvement of Yomi SARS , have kick started reforms in the Police force?. Until we find our voices and come across party and ethnic lines to shout into the ears of the EFCC that " enough is enough" , we should all be ready for the second round of the booze that Magu will be passing around soonest.

Afterthought:
I am a supporter of the Anti corruption war and this post is not to demean the policies and efforts of the Government in that direction but I believe that whatever is worth doing, should be done right. EFCC haven't gotten a lot of convictions in their anti corruption crusade because what they are doing, they haven't perfected.
Re: Efcc Vs Innoson : The Other Side Of The Coin. by Nutase: 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2017
This Nigeria have taya me. I am going to my mums country. sad
Re: Efcc Vs Innoson : The Other Side Of The Coin. by mikolo80: 1:02am On Dec 22, 2017
Nutase:
This Nigeria have taya me. I am going to my mums country. sad
bye-bye

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: Plateau State Governor Pictured Patronizing Black Market. / Osun Government Secret Revealed - Premiumtimes / ‘stay Home And Build Nigeria’ – Buhari To Illegal Migrants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.