Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

The Christmas Am Used To!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Christmas Am Used To!! (341 Views)

Believe Me, I Used To Be A Crime Boss. (short Fiction) / The Christmas Gathering: A Short Christmas Story / The Bulb Used To Be Our Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Christmas Am Used To!! by NosaH(m): 7:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
The Christmas am use to, I could vividly remember some years back,Christmas was usually a month festivity celebration, starting from Dec1st to first week of january,while the festivity period is still on, most people feel the Christmas and new year vibe, when knock out [Banger] starts making head way! ,Everywhere is been locked down,with different kind of sound!!, but now the phenomenon seems to be waning out!, also vividly,as far as I can recall,all shopping mall and complex gets lock down for festivity buying and selling, you literally, struggle to move in a very busy market..similarly, most stores gets painted with Christmas light , tree and whatever you can think of.. In fact, the technology advancement increases year in and out, the innovation that ones caught my attention was the model "Santa's claus" saying the conventional Christmas song,"I wish you, how merry christmas..."not only that, the artificial intelligent santa claus dances as well, maybe the gone recession is beginning to manifest itself again, "I guess!!! " who knows??, but this time around, it's at the Wrong timing, even before 15th of very December, all Top firms such as banks, oil companies, Top shopping stores and filling stations gets their office or place of sales well dressed for the festivity ahead "Christmas and New year celebration",but Now, most firms even struggle to upload their "Old Christmas wear" on their building!, why some aren't even making a provision for that!
All the odd seems to be general, even before now, every road side seller, even the audio/video disc seller, put the Christmas song on repeat!!,you even get to see the "Christmas song artistes " , that for the video... I haven't even heard any Christmas song,from my younger one's, and they did Christmas party in their school!!!, unlike yesteryears , they chorused the songs where ever they go, the smile on their faces can't be explained,all filled with excitement ..
Since beginning of the festivity Month!! .what about the era of seeing "Christmas cap" been flaunt everywhere.. at least, 4 out of 10 people on a street put on Christmas cap!! ... These odds can't be really traced down to any visible circumstance!! "my thought", I believe, Recession isn't prompting the sudden change...I also believe, Being prudential doesn't really excuse the fact that "celebrating during festivity is bizarre!! " or maybe the popular saying is setting in"Change is the only permanent thing in life" that aside,am beginning to miss "The old Good Christmas Memory!!!"

(1) (Reply)

Thus!!! / The Militarized / These Reminders Will Cause A Change In The Way You Think

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.