Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,059 members, 7,828,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

ASUU And Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse Of Nigerian Educational Sec - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU And Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse Of Nigerian Educational Sec (8127 Views)

Systemic Changes In The Nigerian Educational System / The Nigerian Educational Sector Is Finished, This Is An S.S.2 Student Sheet PICS / The Saddening Collapse Of Education In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU And Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse Of Nigerian Educational Sec by Passion2009: 8:52am On Dec 22, 2017
Re: ASUU And Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse Of Nigerian Educational Sec by Nasir123(m): 8:52am On Dec 22, 2017
1niche:

Right on!
The government understands only this word - STRIKE.
Let ASUU put their house in proper shape,then we can then face any unserious government enven if is to go on strike for a whole year.
For now ASUU is not doing anything meaningful to promote education standard/discipline in our institutions.

We are all responsible for the decay in our system.

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU And Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse Of Nigerian Educational Sec by pawesome(m): 9:00am On Dec 22, 2017
ASUU don enta politics...no b today

1 Like

Re: ASUU And Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse Of Nigerian Educational Sec by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:09am On Dec 22, 2017
I have said it before and will still say it again;
"one of the unofficial/undocumented courses Nigerian students offer within the course of their undergraduate studies is ASUU 101, ASUU 202, ASUU 322 and ASUU 406."
If as a Nigerian undergraduate student you didn't take these courses, you're either in a private University or you study abroad! Shikenan!

1 Like

Re: ASUU And Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse Of Nigerian Educational Sec by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 22, 2017
Passion2009:
ASUU and Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse of The Nigerian Educational Sector.

Gone are those days when the Academic Staff Union of Universities used to be a platform to push for development in the educational sector. The days of sincere unionism, driven public interest and principled leadership have now made way for cheap blackmail, tissue of lies, evil and desperation driven a gang of morally bankrupt 'comrades'.

Recent events at the Lagos State University are quite disturbing. Some months ago, fifteen academic staff of the Lagos State University were dismissed by the institution's governing council for proven allegations ranging from extortion of students to alteration of student results. This action of the university authority was greeted with applauds from the general public.

Unfortunately, instead of admitting its own shortcomings and sanitizing its ranks, the Executives of the University's ASUU branch have rather chosen to toe a failed path by circulating lies and promoting falsehood. All these in a bid to blackmail the university vice chancellor; and paint a disciplinary process that followed all laid down procedures as "victimization". The Governing Council, which is the highest decision making body of the university earned a darling status from ASUU - LASU Executives a year ago for the rightful demotion of some staff but suddenly became irritating to this same crop of unionists following another rightful dismissal of erring staff (two of which used to be members of ASUU-LASU excos whose allegations against them have even been substantiated by their own students)!

I was on vanguard news page some hours ago and the statement from the ASUU Lagos Zonal leadership made me weep for Nigeria. If ASUU - LASU excos, its accomplices at the zonal and perhaps national level are shying away from hard facts and reality, on what moral grounds do they now hold the Nigerian government to accountability when its own house stinks? Of what essence is a union that frustrates processes that will bring transparency and development to the Nigerian educational system and ensure university students have a better future?

The founding fathers of ASUU who toiled to institutionalize the association in Nigeria will never forgive this crop of blackmailers and stained 'comrades' presently leading the union if they fail to retrace their steps.

Moshood Success writes from Abeokuta, Nigeria.

NIGERIA DOES NOT HAVE EDUCATION SECTOR.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU And Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse Of Nigerian Educational Sec by Captain6(m): 9:32am On Dec 22, 2017
Honestly,everytime i see "ASUU' the next word i except to see is "STRIKE"

1 Like

Re: ASUU And Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse Of Nigerian Educational Sec by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:43am On Dec 22, 2017
Nasir123:

Let ASUU put their house in proper shape,then we can then face any unserious government enven if is to go on strike for a whole year.
For now ASUU is not doing anything meaningful to promote education standard/discipline in our institutions.

We are all responsible for the decay in our system.

God bless Nigeria.

Very apt, totally agree.

The Bible says when evil are in power the people suffer.

There are far too many wrong people in sensitive positions of authority including the education sector and by extension this ASUU being discussed in the thread.

In addition you will find their progenies flagrantly disobeying set rules and regulations.

It is purely a leadership problem!

1 Like

Re: ASUU And Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse Of Nigerian Educational Sec by tete7000(m): 10:56am On Dec 22, 2017
There is confusion everywhere in Nigeria, ASUU inclusive.
Re: ASUU And Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse Of Nigerian Educational Sec by Warripikin08(m): 11:09am On Dec 22, 2017
There are people at the top who does not want things to work in this country and in every sector because of their selfish interest.God punish one northgeria . why this hellhole
Re: ASUU And Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse Of Nigerian Educational Sec by webngnews: 11:12am On Dec 22, 2017
Again
Re: ASUU And Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse Of Nigerian Educational Sec by Nasir123(m): 11:43am On Dec 22, 2017
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Very apt, totally agree.

The Bible says when evil are in power the people suffer.

There are far too many wrong people in sensitive positions of authority including the education sector and by extension this ASUU being discussed in the thread.

In addition you will find their progenies flagrantly disobeying set rules and regulations.

It is purely a leadership problem!

Totally agree (including followers who know the right thing but refuse to act).
Thanks for the understanding.

We all have a serious work to do for the progress of this great country Nigeria.
God bless all us.
Re: ASUU And Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse Of Nigerian Educational Sec by writeprof(m): 11:48am On Dec 22, 2017
Many comments have missed the issue being raised here. This may be as a result of the seemingly misleading heading.
The lecturers sacked by LASU have committed different offences and I believe if a call is made on Nairaland for a thread on LASU students harassed or victimised we'll hear a lot.
From personal experience from a LASU lecturer who came for sabbatical in my school years ago, I had cause to worry about the level of discipline and moral conduct of some of these people. This lecturer was eventually shown the way out of my university for unbecoming conduct s against female students.
Re: ASUU And Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse Of Nigerian Educational Sec by writeprof(m): 11:51am On Dec 22, 2017
Many comments have missed the issue being raised here. This may be as a result of the seemingly misleading heading.
The lecturers sacked by LASU have committed different offences and I believe if a call is made on Nairaland for a thread on LASU students harassed or victimised we'll hear a lot.
From personal experience from a LASU lecturer who came for sabbatical in my school years ago, I had cause to worry about the level of discipline and moral conduct of some of these people. This lecturer was eventually shown the way out of my university for unbecoming conducts against female students.
ASUU is being called to remain committed to Justice for its constituency- lecturers and student s.
Re: ASUU And Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse Of Nigerian Educational Sec by brojoshua: 5:43pm On Dec 22, 2017
AASU is a very strong and powerful principality of Satan troubling the education and progress of the kingdom of corruption which is called Nigeria. The related principalities are the houses of assembly, ...

1 Like

Re: ASUU And Its Worrisome Contributions To The Collapse Of Nigerian Educational Sec by tck2000(m): 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2019
Hh What is ASUU?
Osustech gave me Admission Buh I will b writing jamb again nxt yr Imagine 200k fpr skul fees+ 50k acceptance Deh dnt even have hostel ooooo When no b private skul I go spend reach 550 for 100l alone
If I swear for d vc ,it will.surely catch him From 80k to 200k Efcc will.nt.see dis now oo
Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opinion: Best Law Universities In Nigeria - Top 20 / The Polytechnic Ibadan Admission Portal User's Guide 2014/2015 / Chevron Internship 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.