Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters (13781 Views)

Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected / Still On The Hijab Controversy - Pic / Muric To Hold A Press Conference On Firdaus Amasa's Hijab Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by seguntijan(m): 5:33am On Dec 22, 2017
By Rasheed Abubakar

The jealousy of the adherents of Christianity over Islam in Nigeria has once again showed its ugly face following the controversial refusal of the Nigerian Law School (NLS) to call to bar a University of Ilorin law graduate, Amasa #Firdaus, over the Hijab, the Muslim headscarf.

In a bid to justify the unjust decision of the Body of Benchers, such Hijab haters have written thousands of comments/posts/write-ups on Twitter and Facebook – and I have read at least 500 of them - where the anti-Hijab Christian warriors and the so-called humanists throttled Ms Amasa, the Hijab heroine with a barrage of insults.

Suddenly, they started crying foul at the Nigerian Muslims’ demand for the Hijab at the NLS, insisting that the NLS dress code must be “respected” by the Nigerian Muslim community.

In their words, if traditionalists too should be allowed to wear their religious garb, all sense of professional modicum will be lost, but they have forgotten that the traditionalists do not wear their garbs all the time like the Muslim women wear their Hijabs. They even made a case for the white-garment Christians who appear barefooted once they are in their religious attires, but once again failed to realise that their religious attire is meant for worship periods only, not day-to-day activities.

They claimed the Hijab is a foreign attire imposed on Africans, but we told them that Islam is a universal religion with over 1.6 billion global adherents, who willingly, through Allah's guidance, embrace Islam. Muslims all over the world are one, irrespective of their colour, race or language.

Interestingly, I didn’t know it is a sin for Christian ladies to wear trousers until they reminded us about Deuteronomy 22: 5, where it is forbidden for women to dress like men. Unfortunately, unlike Muslims, Christians have never sought redress at the courts of law because their women derive joy in wearing different kinds of jean trousers and leggings, while competing in such with their male counterparts. They flaunt such clothes to churches, offices and other public places. Why the ranting and wailing now? Even if they go to court and win, they will still violate the Biblical rulings and wear trousers.

Personally, I don’t like to engage Nigerian Christians in intellectual discussions of this nature. I don’t like to be misunderstood and be tagged anti-Christ, the same way Daddy Freeze, the popular controversial presenter, was castigated by his fellow Christians, especially Pastors, for preaching against tithing to pastors.

I could have ignored their rantings on social media over Amasa’s decision to fight for her right, based on my understanding of the Biblical verse which says: “Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you also be like him." - Proverbs 26: 4, but my attention was later drawn to the following verse (5) of the same chapter, which says, "Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes." Hence, I was encouraged by the latter biblical verse to join other Hijab advocates, including some upright Christians who got bashed by their fellow Christians for #StandingWithFirdaus.

The truth is that apart from the jealousy of wanting equal benefits in everything with the Muslims (in the case of pilgrimage, Sukuk etc.), many Nigerian Christians are ignorant of the religion they profess. In fact, they pretend to know Jesus more than Jesus knows himself. Whereas, little do they know about the son of Maryam (may Allah be pleased with both). That is why many of them still worship and adore the pictorial representation of several American actors who have played the character of Jesus in movies.

Yet, these same people who mocked and called Firdaus Amasa unprintable names for her obedience to Allah as stated in the Noble Qur'an, will select whatever suits their purposes in the Bible. They obey some parts, but ignore others. A practical example is a biblical verse (1 Corinthian 11: 5-6) which states: "Every woman that prayed or prophesied with her head uncovered dishonoured her head. And, if she can't cover it, let her shave it."

How many Christians follow this injunction? Is this not the same battle Muslims are fighting on their behalf? Even if the Christians go to court today, and win court injunctions to wear the Hijab as ordained in the Bible, they will still not use it.

I also read in Chapter 14: 34-35 of the same 1st Corinthians that women should keep silent in the Church for it is not permitted unto them to speak. But, today's Christians flagrantly violate the injunction, as their women don’t only lead congregations; they are now Pastors/Evangelists, Reverend Mothers, Prophetesses, etc.

Sadly, some ignorant Muslims in the Western world are now advocating for female Imams, with the support of the so-called feminists whose motive is to destroy Islam, the same way they destroyed the true message of Jesus.
Had it been that God wished that women should be prophetesses, He would have put them (women) among the Prophets (men). Q. 21: 7

They expected Ms Amasa to have obeyed the NLS rules by removing her Hijab and compromising her religion. They claimed they begged her to remove her Hijab so that she can also be like them. They wanted her to disobey her Lord, the same way they have disobeyed their Lord. They wanted her to respect man-made regulations over divine and constitutional laws, the same way they abandoned the Biblical injunctions.

Unfortunately, some Muslims fell for their antics, but Ms #Amasa didn’t.
Allah warns: "...they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you. They desire to harm you severely. Hatred has already appeared from their mouths, but what their breasts conceal is far worse. Indeed We have made plain to you the Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses) if you understand." Q. 3: 118

There shouldn't have been any fuss over the use of the #Hijab if we all respect people's fundamental rights as entrenched in the Constitution. No law, circular, rule or regulation, including the NLS dress code, is superior to the Constitution, which guarantees freedom of religion and association.

It is high time the Nigerian Christians, traditionalists, humanists and the so-called human rights activists learned to be tolerant and respect individuals’ religious beliefs. Don't let us overheat the polity. Let all other religions emulate the Muslims by going to court to seek redress. There are constitutional provisions that support Muslim women to wear the Hijab in all public institutions. There are numerous favourable court judgements in this regard.

- Rasheed Abubakar is a journalist and the author of "Hijab and the Nigerian Press". Email: rawshield123@gmail.com

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by havilahconsults: 5:34am On Dec 22, 2017
This girl again undecided

MODIFIED : FTC

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by koolaid87: 6:23am On Dec 22, 2017
Aint nobody gives a damn about someone wearing hijab as long as you give what belongs to Caesar unto him

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by orion7: 6:32am On Dec 22, 2017
if she can't practise law, she should go and become a trader in bodija $market. at least no one will bother her even if she wears niqab

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by Samsimple(m): 6:52am On Dec 22, 2017
why make expensive hairstyle only to cover it with hijab rubbish.... if my gf tries dat we are done

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by Lukgaf(m): 7:39am On Dec 22, 2017
orion7:
if she can't practise law, she should go and become a trader in bodija $market. at least no one will bother her even if she wears niqab

Don't talk like this bro. Reason like a graduate now

16 Likes

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by orion7: 8:55am On Dec 22, 2017
Lukgaf:

Don't talk like this bro. Reason like a graduate now
you listen yourself, whts the difference between a niqab and a hijab? nothing. if you allow hijab, what about those that want to wear niqab isn't it the same human right? enough said

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by Lukgaf(m): 8:58am On Dec 22, 2017
orion7:
you listen yourself, whts the difference between a niqab and a hijab? nothing. if you allow hijab, what about those that want to wear niqab isn't it the same human right? enough said

But it will be more better they use hijab rather leaving their hair open which is totally bad. At least we start from somewhere

5 Likes

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by Standardcosting(m): 11:58am On Dec 22, 2017
K
Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by orion7: 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2017
Lukgaf:

But it will be more better they use hijab rather leaving their hair open which is totally bad. At least we start from somewhere
for 2 hours just to be called to bar.

that girl is a religious extremist. a bokoharam

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by IronPants: 12:15pm On Dec 22, 2017
seguntijan:

By Rasheed Abubakar

The jealousy of the adherents of Christianity over Islam in Nigeria has once again showed its ugly face following the controversial refusal of the Nigerian Law School (NLS) to call to bar a University of Ilorin law graduate, Amasa #Firdaus, over the Hijab, the Muslim headscarf.

In a bid to justify the unjust decision of the Body of Benchers, such Hijab haters have written thousands of comments/posts/write-ups on Twitter and Facebook – and I have read at least 500 of them - where the anti-Hijab Christian warriors and the so-called humanists throttled Ms Amasa, the Hijab heroine with a barrage of insults.

Suddenly, they started crying foul at the Nigerian Muslims’ demand for the Hijab at the NLS, insisting that the NLS dress code must be “respected” by the Nigerian Muslim community.

In their words, if traditionalists too should be allowed to wear their religious garb, all sense of professional modicum will be lost, but they have forgotten that the traditionalists do not wear their garbs all the time like the Muslim women wear their Hijabs. They even made a case for the white-garment Christians who appear barefooted once they are in their religious attires, but once again failed to realise that their religious attire is meant for worship periods only, not day-to-day activities.

They claimed the Hijab is a foreign attire imposed on Africans, but we told them that Islam is a universal religion with over 1.6 billion global adherents, who willingly, through Allah's guidance, embrace Islam. Muslims all over the world are one, irrespective of their colour, race or language.

Interestingly, I didn’t know it is a sin for Christian ladies to wear trousers until they reminded us about Deuteronomy 22: 5, where it is forbidden for women to dress like men. Unfortunately, unlike Muslims, Christians have never sought redress at the courts of law because their women derive joy in wearing different kinds of jean trousers and leggings, while competing in such with their male counterparts. They flaunt such clothes to churches, offices and other public places. Why the ranting and wailing now? Even if they go to court and win, they will still violate the Biblical rulings and wear trousers.

Personally, I don’t like to engage Nigerian Christians in intellectual discussions of this nature. I don’t like to be misunderstood and be tagged anti-Christ, the same way Daddy Freeze, the popular controversial presenter, was castigated by his fellow Christians, especially Pastors, for preaching against tithing to pastors.

I could have ignored their rantings on social media over Amasa’s decision to fight for her right, based on my understanding of the Biblical verse which says: “Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you also be like him." - Proverbs 26: 4, but my attention was later drawn to the following verse (5) of the same chapter, which says, "Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes." Hence, I was encouraged by the latter biblical verse to join other Hijab advocates, including some upright Christians who got bashed by their fellow Christians for #StandingWithFirdaus.

The truth is that apart from the jealousy of wanting equal benefits in everything with the Muslims (in the case of pilgrimage, Sukuk etc.), many Nigerian Christians are ignorant of the religion they profess. In fact, they pretend to know Jesus more than Jesus knows himself. Whereas, little do they know about the son of Maryam (may Allah be pleased with both). That is why many of them still worship and adore the pictorial representation of several American actors who have played the character of Jesus in movies.

Yet, these same people who mocked and called Firdaus Amasa unprintable names for her obedience to Allah as stated in the Noble Qur'an, will select whatever suits their purposes in the Bible. They obey some parts, but ignore others. A practical example is a biblical verse (1 Corinthian 11: 5-6) which states: "Every woman that prayed or prophesied with her head uncovered dishonoured her head. And, if she can't cover it, let her shave it."

How many Christians follow this injunction? Is this not the same battle Muslims are fighting on their behalf? Even if the Christians go to court today, and win court injunctions to wear the Hijab as ordained in the Bible, they will still not use it.

I also read in Chapter 14: 34-35 of the same 1st Corinthians that women should keep silent in the Church for it is not permitted unto them to speak. But, today's Christians flagrantly violate the injunction, as their women don’t only lead congregations; they are now Pastors/Evangelists, Reverend Mothers, Prophetesses, etc.

Sadly, some ignorant Muslims in the Western world are now advocating for female Imams, with the support of the so-called feminists whose motive is to destroy Islam, the same way they destroyed the true message of Jesus.
Had it been that God wished that women should be prophetesses, He would have put them (women) among the Prophets (men). Q. 21: 7

They expected Ms Amasa to have obeyed the NLS rules by removing her Hijab and compromising her religion. They claimed they begged her to remove her Hijab so that she can also be like them. They wanted her to disobey her Lord, the same way they have disobeyed their Lord. They wanted her to respect man-made regulations over divine and constitutional laws, the same way they abandoned the Biblical injunctions.

Allah warns: "...they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you. They desire to harm you severely. Hatred has already appeared from their mouths, but what their breasts conceal is far worse. Indeed We have made plain to you the Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses) if you understand." Q. 3: 118

There shouldn't have been any fuss over the use of the #Hijab if we all respect people's fundamental rights as entrenched in the Constitution. No law, circular, rule or regulation, including the NLS dress code, is superior to the Constitution, which guarantees freedom of religion and association.

It is high time the Nigerian Christians, traditionalists, humanists and the so-called human rights activists learned to be tolerant and respect individuals’ religious beliefs. Don't let us overheat the polity. Let all other religions emulate the Muslims by going to court to seek redress. There are constitutional provisions that support Muslim women to wear the Hijab in all public institutions. There are numerous favourable court judgements in this regard.

- Rasheed Abubakar is a journalist and the author of "Hijab and the Nigerian Pressure ". Email: rawshield123@gmail.com
You opened this thread just to fire missiles at Christians.
Zero logical arguments, just sentimental and straight "yarnings". Wehdone sir.

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by wellmax(m): 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2017
I will say it again and again, Islamist cannot say anything valid without quoting from the only Holy Book- The Bible.
Yet you quoted Corinthians about women not speaking in Churches, you interpreted wrongly. To explain that to you I may just need another thread.
But remember Deborah, Miriam and Hulda were all Prophetess and in the epistle we have Paul commending several women working in the church.

Defend your religion if you will, look for evidence from your book.

After all is said and done, Only the Bible matters.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:20pm On Dec 22, 2017
Its high time you people grow up.The lady in question knew the rules before applying to study law.There is nothing like jealousy here.The law is no respecter of persons or religion.You either fal in line or get kicked out.

BTW Jesus remains my personal Lord and saviour.I Believe in no other god other him and the prophets before him not the ones after him

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by smulti(m): 12:25pm On Dec 22, 2017
orion7:
for e hours just to be called to bar.

that girl is a religious extremist. a bokoharam
boko haram abi suicide bomber .

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by hamzeiy: 12:26pm On Dec 22, 2017
koolaid87:
Aint nobody give a damn about someone wearing hijab as long as you give what belongs to Caesar unto him
Lol unfortunately thats a bible quote.
In islam both the ceaser and everything he has belongs to God who made them possible in the first place.
You people should realise we are not the same neither is our beliefs or way of life

5 Likes

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by usba: 12:27pm On Dec 22, 2017
They hate Muslims but are the first to comment on issues relating to Muslims. I have never seen so much foolishness when people put all their mouth on what has little effect on them. The same ipob pigs and idiots encouraged cownu the dirty scum to disobey Nigeria laws are demanding Muslim obey NBA convention that has no law backing it. Being a pig and an idiot shouldn't be an exucse to be a hypocrite to the remaining non pig and idiot the hijab does not hurt you in anyway so learn to face front.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:28pm On Dec 22, 2017
usba:
They hate Muslims but are the first to comment on issues relating to Muslims. I have never seen so much foolishness when people put all their mouth on what has little effect on them. The same ipob pigs and idiots encouraged cownu the dirty scum to disobey Nigeria laws are demanding Muslim obey NBA convention that has no law backing it. Being a pig and an idiot shouldn't be an exucse to be a hypocrite to the remaining non pig and idiot the hijab does not hurt you in anyway so learn to face front.

who told you there are no laws backing it? Did you see the hijab amongst the approved wears for the ceremony

16 Likes

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by usba: 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
[s]
PaChukwudi44:
Its high time you people grow up.The lady in question knew the rules before applying to study law.There is nothing like jealousy here.The law is no respecter of persons or religion.You either fal in line or get kicked out.

BTW Jesus remains my personal Lord and saviour.I Believe in no other god other him and the prophets before him not the ones after him
[/s]

When cownu new the rules did you ever tell him that secession is illegal in Nigeria? The so called law you speak about doesn't exist in NBA, it is a convention just like eating with your right hand are basically behavioural convention that no one can impose on you. Sorry Jesus couldn't even save himself that was why on the alleged cross death he shouted My lord my lord why have thou forsaken me,...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by stfadaanthony(m): 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
I read this article, but very disappointed in the writer...if you like,quote me,bit the truth is,it high time Muslims see themselves as 2nd class citizens of the society they find themselves...

This write up was totally devoid of any logical reason,but a pure comparism with Christianity, what a shame.

I will take you more serious when you condemn in strong terms the daily killings of people majorly in the north and talk less about irrelevant issues like this.

Have never seen Muslims react this way to corruption or maladministration in Nigeria, but when it comes to religious issues,they all become journalist. mtweeee

50 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by usba: 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

who told you there are no laws backing it? Did you see the hijab amongst the approved wears for the ceremony

During the ceremony Firdusi asked the organizers and she was told that it is not a law but a convention....
Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by EncephalonPikin(m): 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2017
What the hell is this shit Is this an attack against Christians or against the law institution?

Were Christians the ones who set up the rules??

This is garbage from an Islamic Fanatic

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by WhoBeThisMan: 12:32pm On Dec 22, 2017
seguntijan:

By Rasheed Abubakar

- Rasheed Abubakar is a journalist and the author of "Hijab and the Nigerian Press". Email: rawshield123@gmail.com
I have one question. Is the dress code of Nigeria law school a Christian dress code? If not why are you including Christians in your argument?

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by hamzeiy: 12:38pm On Dec 22, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

What are the rules pls. Do help me know how does refusing to wear a wig makes one an extremist. And if there are such rules or law then it must be changed as nigeria is not a Christians and there way of life but a country with a very large population of muslims at least 2/3thrd if you think otherwise ask obj a Christian why he refused to include religion in the last census and we will never accept any anti islamic law that goes aainst the basics of our religion. From the financial system, to system of governance ,to the type if judiciary, to simple things as the type of calendar we use in nigeria are christanity alligned yet you want us to give more??
Then youre suffering from paranioa

1 Like

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by Xisnin(m): 12:42pm On Dec 22, 2017
The Nigerian Bar Association has some specific rules and regulations
but the troublesome firdaus who claim to be a law graduate couldn't
understand the implications of signing up for law school.

Even laymen understand that if you don't like an organizations rule,
you stay away from them and not try force your view on them.

If you want to dress like a masquerade, please do but make sure you
don't go to where you are not welcome.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by Blackhawk03(f): 12:43pm On Dec 22, 2017
stfadaanthony:
I read this article, but very disappointed in the writer...if you like,quote me,bit the truth is,it high time Muslims see themselves as 2nd class citizens of the society they find themselves...

This write up was totally devoid of any logical reason,but a pure comparism with Christianity, what a shame.

I will take you more serious when you condemn in strong terms the daily killings of people majorly in the north and talk less about irrelevant issues like this.

Have never seen Muslims react this way to corruption or maladministration in Nigeria, but when it comes to religious issues,they all become journalist. mtweeee

As in ehn! The dumbo didn't even address the matter at hand, WTF has Christianity got to do with the rules of the law school? So much hate for a religion that gives no single fvck about them!

16 Likes

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by phyllosilicate(m): 12:44pm On Dec 22, 2017
Mahatma Gandhi Refused to Obey a Judge Order to Remove His Turban.

The story thus far: Gandhi, having studied well and completed his law degree in England, returns to India. He misses England but is happy to be reunited with his family. He begins practicing law in Rajkot.
Upon return to India, Gandhi started to practice law in Rajkot, but he was soon deeply disgusted at the greed and dishonesty of many of his fellow professionals. After some time, he got an offer to work in South Africa from Dada Abdulla & Co who owned big business concerns there. He was to be a legal adviser to the firm that had filed a lawsuit against another company seeking damages of 400,000 dollars. They hired Gandhi for his fluency in the English language and his knowledge of English law. He was contracted for one year and was promised a substantial salary and first class passage to South Africa. The lure of seeing a different country and meeting new people piqued Gandhi’s interest. He accepted the offer, even though it was difficult to be apart from his wife and young son. In April 1893 he left Bombay for South Africa. He reached the port of Natal at the end of May 1893. In South Africa, he noticed that Indians were treated with little respect. They were called “coolies”, a derogatory term. Within a week of his arrival, he visited the court with Abdulla Seth of Dada Abdulla & Co. No sooner had he sat down that the magistrate pointed his plump finger at him and said “You must remove your turban”.
“I see no reason why I should remove my turban. I refuse to do so,” said Gandhi. When the magistrate insisted that he remove his turban, Gandhi walked out of the court. Abdulla Seth ran after him and caught him by the arm.

“The magistrate insulted me,” Gandhi said angrily. “Any such rule is an insult to a free man. I shall write at once to the Durban Press to protest such insulting rules."[b]

The Extraordinary Life and Times of Mahatma Gandhi is brought to you courtesy Mahatma Gandhi Library.[b]

www.gandhilibrary.org

http://www.indoamerican-news.com/gandhi-suffers-racial-insults-in-south-africa/

3 Likes

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by Dindondin(m): 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2017
seguntijan:

By Rasheed Abubakar

trash!
Rasheed Abubakar, one day Christianity ll give your HBP if you don't start thinking straight. You think real Christians celebrate trampling on human rights? In your census of reading over 500 posts, what's the evidence those against Firdaus Amasa are mostly Christians? Cos they v names that doesn't look like Islamic ones?
Are Christians the maker of the NBA law & "dress codes?
Chief Alfa Belgore, a reckoned Muslim from Ilorin was among the people that sent Firdaus away. You didn't even care that the girl tried to express her rights in the wrong way.
Your post generalized like it's all Christians that's hating on Firdaus's hijab issue. Your hatred towards Christianity was noticed. Not all Christians are loosed, we v sane Christians who respect people's opinion & obey God's command.
As for the matter, Firdaus issue should be decided by the NBA. But if she's allowed to use hijab, it ll spark revolution in dress codes for various institutions in Nigeria. Muslims should not cry foul when they see reactions from every religion.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2017
hamzeiy:

What are the rules pls. Do help me know how does refusing to wear a wig makes one an extremist. [b]And if there are such rules or law then it must be changed as nigeria is not a Christians [/b]and there way of life but a country with a very large population of muslims at least 2/3thrd if you think otherwise ask obj a Christian why he refused to include religion in the last census and we will never accept any anti islamic law that goes aainst the basics of our religion. From the financial system, to system of governance ,to the type if judiciary, to simple things as the type of calendar we use in nigeria are christanity alligned yet you want us to give more??
Then youre suffering from paranioa
Rules must be changed for muslims? are you for real? What happens to Christians,pagans,atheists etcWhere in your wildest imaginations did you come with the 2/3 figure? Do you know muslims are virtually non-existent in the SS/SE?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by Evildoer: 12:47pm On Dec 22, 2017
See as the girl ugly sef!!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by Xisnin(m): 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
phyllosilicate:

No sooner had he sat down that the magistrate pointed his plump finger at him and said “You must remove your turban”.
“I see no reason why I should remove my turban. I refuse to do so,” said Gandhi. When the magistrate insisted that he remove his turban, Gandhi walked out of the court. Abdulla Seth ran after him and caught him by the arm.

The bold is what civilised people do, ghandi did not threaten fire and brimstone, he did
not whip up religious sentiment, he left the court like a gentleman.
But firdaus the troublemaker and her supporters are all over the internet crying like a baby.

22 Likes

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by Mobsync(m): 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
Even as a Muslim, I avoid commenting on Islamic threads because of that badge that's pasted on my profile whenever I comment. But I had to take the badge just to comment on this.

The so called Abubakar Rasheed is a hypocrite. His article is biased and very insultive to Christians. It does not even deserve a deep comment.

Everyone knows the law is not about hijab but any form of headcover. It even covers hairstyle and mode of dressing, even down to the use of ties. But some hypocrites want to make it seem like it was targeted at the hijab.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters by ivolt: 12:54pm On Dec 22, 2017
One of the most empty illogical article I have ever read. The op couldn't face the
NBA because he probably lacks the intellect to put up a reasonable defense, he
decide to lash out at the imaginary "Christian haters" as if everybody resisting the
impunity brought on by firdaus is a christian.
When did supporting sanity and decorum become a Christian thing?

Many of these muslims are suffering from victim complex even when they are clearly
the aggressor. Even some educated ones are not different from unlearned almajiris.
The NBA rule is not a Christian rule but the op in his mighty wisdom think so.

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Benefits Of Eating Dates In Islam / Look Out For New Moon, Sultan Tells Muslims / Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.