Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,723 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Let Me Simply Explain Something About Bronchitis You Dont Know - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Let Me Simply Explain Something About Bronchitis You Dont Know (339 Views)

I See This Around But Dont Know The Name / Fact About 2018 Calender You Dont Know(photo) / If You Dont Remember This Ad In The 90's, Call Me UNCLE #THROWBACK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let Me Simply Explain Something About Bronchitis You Dont Know by liltee123(m): 9:53am On Dec 22, 2017
Bronchitis is a condition of the respiratory system. it occurs mostly during cold weather both in old people and children. Bronchitis may be acute or chronic, but chronic Bronchitis is usually observed in male. Now let us defined Bronchitis, enough of the story.

Bronchitis can be simply be defined as the inflammation of the mucus membrane of the bronchial tubes.

What are the CAUSES of Bronchitis

It is mainly caused by bacteria e.g Streptococci, Haemophilus influenzae, Pneumococci

Exposure or Inhalation of irritants like smoke, dust, cigarettes smoke

It can be a complication of measles, whooping cough,
and other respiratory tracts infections

It can be due to hereditary

It can be due to exposure to wet, cold and damp air.

Exposure to wet, cold and damp air

Signs and symptoms of Bronchitis

Difficulty in breathing also known as Dyspnoe

Initially there will be dry cough which will later become loose
General Malaise

Tightness or soreness in the chest

Wheezing respiration

Pyrexia also known as fever

(Recently we also talked about Cardiac arrest: Its Definition, Causes, Risk factors, Complications, Treatment, Diagnosis, Signs and symptoms, to read click on http://www.teevibeblog.com.ng/2017/12/cardiac-arrest-definition-causes-risk.html )

What are the Diagnosis
Chest X-ray
Sputum test in order to know the bacteria involved or what causes it.

How can Bronchitis be prevented

By encouraging the person involved against smoking

The Individual should avoid irritants like smoke, dust, cigarettes smoke etc.

By treating respiratory tracts infections such as tuberculosis adequately

Drugs that can be used.

Well it is better to go to the nearest well facilitated medical health center to receive treatment but I will mention some likely drugs that can be used.

Broncho-dilators such as ventolin can be used

Antibiotics such as Ampicillin or Ampiclox may be given depending on the bacteria involved.

Analgesics such as Panadol may be used

Expectorant such as Benylin may be used

http://www.teevibeblog.com.ng/2017/12/let-me-simply-explain-something-about.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Stop Opening New Universities, Iwuanyanwu Advises Fg / Mapoly / Study In Canada: 2018/2019 University Of British Columbia Four Year Doctoral Fel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.