Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Can Somebody Explain This? If An Being Scam By DHL - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Somebody Explain This? If An Being Scam By DHL (2293 Views)

How To Make Money Independently Without Being Scam / How Can Somebody Be Selling Catapult For A Living / How I Escaped From Being Scam//alert!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Somebody Explain This? If An Being Scam By DHL by Youngs(m): 11:08am On Dec 22, 2017
I normally buy stuff online and sell them back in Nigeria.
I bought three items, Samsung Galaxy note 8, two wristwatch. The samsung carrier was DHL and the other two item was Aramex. Now, I recieve a letter from DHL that my package was seized by NIGERIAN REGILATORY AGENCY (NDLEA). and ask for my document Which the seller faulty.

Below are attached documents and any advise will be highly recommended.

My question is that What do NDLEA has to do with a mobile phone that was shipped from a verified website like AMAZON. If they package was flagged by the seller then it Would have being Okay.

Am I being scammed ?

Re: Can Somebody Explain This? If An Being Scam By DHL by HallaDaTruth: 11:26am On Dec 22, 2017
NDLEA has no legal right to seize your phone, someone in DHL is trying to be smart. These days their services is completely useless
Re: Can Somebody Explain This? If An Being Scam By DHL by markbenny(m): 11:36am On Dec 22, 2017
Youngs:
I bought three items, Samsung Galaxy note 8, two wristwatch. The samsung carrier was DHL and the other two item was Aramex. Now, I recieve a letter from DHL that my package was seized by NIGERIAN REGILATORY AGENCY (NDLEA). and ask for my document Which the seller faulty.

My question is that What do NDLEA has to do with a mobile phone that was shipped from a verified website like AMAZON. If they package was flagged by the seller then it Would have being Okay.

Am I being scammed ?

proceed to their office with all your evidence, unless your hands are dirty
Re: Can Somebody Explain This? If An Being Scam By DHL by Youngs(m): 11:48am On Dec 22, 2017
markbenny:

Did you see the receipt of payment and beside, am far from Lagos. Can't travel with the hike of transport now. The letter didn't come with letter heading to prove that the shipment was seized by NDLEA

proceed to their office with all your evidence, unless your hands are dirty
Re: Can Somebody Explain This? If An Being Scam By DHL by Youngs(m): 11:50am On Dec 22, 2017
Thank you, that's What I to thought. Beside the seller this not my First time to buy something online. Aramex has always being tge carrier and I don't know Why they use this DHL. the two wristwatch came and phone never came

HallaDaTruth:
NDLEA has no legal right to seize your phone, someone in DHL is trying to be smart. These days their services is completely useless
Re: Can Somebody Explain This? If An Being Scam By DHL by markbenny(m): 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2017
Youngs:

print the letters they sent and all your evidence. proceed to the closest NDLEA office around you. even if they won't solve the problem, they will at least validate and clarify your doubt as to authenticity
Re: Can Somebody Explain This? If An Being Scam By DHL by bedfordng(m): 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2017
Youngs:

Am I being scammed ?
it seems you have not shipped item that crosses the threshold for either custom or ndlea to hold. expensive items are usually checked . moreover , why would you use dhl for such when there are lots shippers to use on nairaland . dhl, ups are usually working with federal government agencies such as custom , ndlea etc to cross check items .

this is why I don't recommendusing dhl for amazon, eBay or any other foreign purchase delivery . don't just go there with papers , you need to hold some cash. lots of people have left their item with them due to their charges to get it. so hold some cash.
Re: Can Somebody Explain This? If An Being Scam By DHL by bedfordng(m): 12:37pm On Dec 22, 2017
HallaDaTruth:
it is not a scam. it has been there for long. its a standard proceedure. this is why I don't recommend using them for foreign delivery especially expensive items.
Re: Can Somebody Explain This? If An Being Scam By DHL by Youngs(m): 12:58pm On Dec 22, 2017
Thank you Very much

bedfordng:
it seems you have not shipped item that crosses the threshold for either custom or ndlea to hold. expensive items are usually checked . moreover , why would you use dhl for such when there are lots shippers to use on nairaland . dhl, ups are usually working with federal government agencies such as custom , ndlea etc to cross check items .

this is why I don't recommendusing dhl for amazon, eBay or any other foreign purchase delivery . don't just go there with papers , you need to hold some cash. lots of people have left their item with them due to their charges to get it. so hold some cash.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Online Payment for Aero Tickets / Looking For A Relaible Gold Buyer In Nigeria: For Long Term Supply! / In Need Of An Inverter And Battery For A 4 Bedroom Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.