Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? (1507 Views)

Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, It Is Not Nimrod We Celebrate On Christmas Day / The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos / Mohammed Or Jesus, Who Is The Perfect Role Model (2) (3) (4)

Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Boriqua(m): 4:04pm On Dec 22, 2017
This season of christmas as regarded by christains, is always characterised with joy, happiness, celebration, and lots of fun, you can also observe these activities during this season shopping, traveling to a distance to see loved ones,complimentary greetings, high cost of living, scarcity in some essential commodities like fuel and kerosine, telecom networks will suddenly experience peak period calls can hardly go through, traffic jam due to unnecesary rush hour as if its judgement day, some girls perming thier tender hair like trainee love vendors, while the boys lurk around them for petronage, the same season the ministry of health records high prevalance rate of HIV and other STDs, annoucement of missing people everywhere, most times untold evil befalls some innocent christains. With all these unacceptable events do you still think christains are celebrating the birth of of Jesus christ or welcoming the visiting of Santa from the outter space with his loads of gift?
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Boriqua(m): 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2017
Please let the true christains throw more light on this, let us know the one that is practised by christains.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by joshnes(m): 7:45pm On Dec 22, 2017
you're probably a muslim, but no matter, we'll try to satisfy your curiousity. JESUS is the reason for the season and the one we celebrate this season. We celebrate because heaven gave us a precedent to follow as they were the first to celebrate the birth of the Son of God (Luke 2:8-14). Now some people celebrate christmas the way they do because they don't have a relationship with who they are celebrating. If I am celebrating my birthday my family and close friends will know how to celebrate me due to relationshlp. They know what I like and what I don't like. People celebrate christmas without even knowing who they are celebrating, hence the many horrible vices that prevail this season. Have a functional relationship with Jesus and you will celebrate christmas the right way. You can have one too, just believe in Jesus and receive Him as your saviour. As for Santa; Kid's story.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Boriqua(m): 8:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
joshnes:
you're probably a muslim, but no matter, we'll try to satisfy your curiousity. JESUS is the reason for the season and the one we celebrate this season. We celebrate because heaven gave us a precedent to follow as they were the first to celebrate the birth of the Son of God (Luke 2:8-14). Now some people celebrate christmas the way they do because they don't have a relationship with who they are celebrating. If I am celebrating my birthday my family and close friends will know how to celebrate me due to relationshlp. They know what I like and what I don't like. People celebrate christmas without even knowing who they are celebrating, hence the many horrible vices that prevail this season. Have a functional relationship with Jesus and you will celebrate christmas the right way. You can have one too, just believe in Jesus and receive Him as your saviour. As for Santa; Kid's story.
"As for Santa; Kid's story." i dont think o there is seriuos global recognition given to this Santa, grown-ups in my street and the whole neighbourhood are all displaying this same Santa in different sizes but same colour you can hardly notice the assumed celebrant,to me that is a complete worship of Santa.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by joshnes(m): 8:28pm On Dec 22, 2017
Boriqua:
"As for Santa; Kid's story." i dont think o there is seriuos global recognition given to this Santa, grown-ups in my street and the whole neighbourhood are all displaying this same Santa in different sizes but same colour you can hardly notice the assumed celebrant,to me that is a complete worship of Santa.
I don't have any problems with the Santa thing. People who take Santa more than Jesus Himself have no understanding of who the celebrant is. So, they end up celebrating the wrong way. Santa is for kids, not for grown ups. There are many people in this "christmas party" who don't even know who the celebrant is. Santa is not the problem; a lack of relationship with Jesus is.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Boriqua(m): 8:53pm On Dec 22, 2017
joshnes:
I don't have any problems with the Santa thing. People who take Santa more than Jesus Himself have no understanding of who the celebrant is. So, they end up celebrating the wrong way. Santa is for kids, not for grown ups. There are many people in this "christmas party" who don't even know who the celebrant is. Santa is not the problem; a lack of relationship with Jesus is.
So this observation is so right, Santa just came from outter space to steal the show with his load of gifts. Dont neglect the worship of Santa by the assumed christains, that contravene the first commandment of God almighty,"Thou shall not worship any other god before me"
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by joshnes(m): 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2017
Boriqua:
So this observation is so right, Santa just came from outter space to steal the show with his load of gifts. Dont neglect the worship of Santa by the assumed christains, that contravene the first commandment of God almighty,"Thou shall not worship any other god before me"
Santa was created by man, if you say people are worshipping him, fine. If someone does not have a relationship with Jesus, he/she can't celebrate correctly.

Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Boriqua(m): 9:44pm On Dec 22, 2017
joshnes:
Santa was created by man, if you say people are worshipping him, fine. If someone does not have a relationship with Jesus, he/she can't celebrate correctly.
Well, am only trying to help those who are ignorant of their worship to this idol.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by joshnes(m): 9:57pm On Dec 22, 2017
Boriqua:
Well, am only trying to help those who ignorant of their worship to this idolatory.
I don't see you helping anyone. You're only diagnosing the problem, you've not proferred any solution.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Boriqua(m): 10:52pm On Dec 22, 2017
joshnes:
I don't see you helping anyone. You're only diagnosing the problem, you've not proferred any solution.
I believe in freedom of worship, if we can point out the facts that made these acts idolatory, then its left for any reasonable adult to decide to stop idolising Santa or continue in the act.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by joshnes(m): 11:09pm On Dec 22, 2017
Boriqua:
I believe in freedom of worship, if we can point out the facts that made these acts idolatory, then its left for any reasonable adult to decide to stop idolising Santa or continue in the act.
Oh, Ok.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Boriqua(m): 7:22am On Dec 23, 2017
This topic should be on fp by now, to expose to the world another set of idol worshippers!
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Boriqua(m): 5:46pm On Dec 23, 2017
We need to be vigilant about the happenings in our environment.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Boriqua(m): 2:57pm On Dec 24, 2017
joshnes:
But i dont remember stating my religion here, i am as any regular human.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Boriqua(m): 5:57pm On Dec 25, 2017
Its Christmas! All i see is Santa Claus everywhere! Can someone take these Idols away from here!?
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:29pm On Dec 25, 2017
Boriqua:
Its Christmas! All i see is Santa Claus everywhere! Can someone take these Idols away from here!?

Kukuma bow down to them so that we will know they are really idols. Mtcheww.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Boriqua(m): 6:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Kukuma bow down to them so that we will know they are really idols. Mtcheww.
Sorry if that hurts you! You need to change, God is a jealous one.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Hairyrapunzel: 11:10pm On Dec 29, 2017
Boriqua:
Sorry if that hurts you! You need to change, God is a jealous one.

No be only jealous. Since they are idols bow down to them simple
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Boriqua(m): 12:25am On Dec 30, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

No be only jealous. Since they are idols bow down to them simple
You are asking me to bow to Santa? Never!
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:36pm On Dec 30, 2017
Boriqua:
You are asking me to bow to Santa? Never!

Then Christians who celebrate Christmas don't worship idols
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Boriqua(m): 9:48am On Jan 01, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Then Christians who celebrate Christmas don't worship idols
Check the real meaning of worship on any dictionary.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Hairyrapunzel: 11:42am On Jan 01, 2018
Boriqua:
Check the real meaning of worship on any dictionary.

Christians don't worship Christmas tree or Santa. Ask questions instead of listening to a biased person's opinion.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Boriqua(m): 10:32pm On Jan 01, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Christians don't worship Christmas tree or Santa. Ask questions instead of listening to a biased person's opinion.
CORRECTION! Am not an athiest, buddist neither am i a muslim, nor jew. These are composed from a long time observation, and not extracted from any biased person's opinion.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Hairyrapunzel: 11:42pm On Jan 01, 2018
Boriqua:
CORRECTION! Am not an athiest, buddist neither am i a muslim, nor jew. These are composed from a long time observation, and not extracted from any biased person's opinion.

Are they proven facts? That is Christians worshipping Christmas tree and Santa? Are you a jw? Is it from your watchtower magazine? Is it watchtower's long time (1926 till date) observation you are talking about?

Christians will always celebrate Christmas as Christmas is a time to celebrate Jesus, a time to be happy and be with family. Except your God doesn't want christians celebrating Jesus, or he wants them sad and loves families breaking up then he would prevent people from celebrating Christmas. In which case he would be a sadist.
My God isn't a sadist and celebrating Christmas shouldn't be an issue to Him. Celebrating Christmas is an issue to only cults because their leaders won't have a firm control on their followers when they socialize with family and friends who don't belong to their cult. They therefore put sanctions on celebrating Christmas which on a normal day promotes peace, happiness, love and family bond.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by kolawoleibukun: 4:41am On Jan 02, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Are they proven facts? That is Christians worshipping Christmas tree and Santa? Are you a jw? Is it from your watchtower magazine? Is it watchtower's long time (1926 till date) observation you are talking about?

Christians will always celebrate Christmas as Christmas is a time to celebrate Jesus, a time to be happy and be with family. Except your God doesn't want christians celebrating Jesus, or he wants them sad and loves families breaking up then he would prevent people from celebrating Christmas. In which case he would be a sadist.
My God isn't a sadist and celebrating Christmas shouldn't be an issue to Him. Celebrating Christmas is an issue to only cults because their leaders won't have a firm control on their followers when they socialize with family and friends who don't belong to their cult. They therefore put sanctions on celebrating Christmas which on a normal day promotes peace, happiness, love and family bond.
shut up! na anybody way talk be jehova witness? why you go day insult people like that? the guy day tell you say na proven fact you day blame am say him be Jehovah witness. must person be jehova witness to geh sense? no be all Christians believe in Christmas you day hear? na jehova witness write the whole book for the world?

you just day attack people anyhow. abeg slow down. dem day talk you day talk say you no be saddist. person no fit get different opinion without insults? abeg that comment too much for the guy. let the guy be. why you day call am cult. if person say e no wan celebrate xmas again e make me cult? stop that nonsense.

omo this guy just day run people down oh. who you be gon?
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Boriqua(m): 1:23pm On Jan 02, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Now that we know the meaning of worship kindly relate it to this write up, you will clearly see the point, is it that you are not observant of the high rate societal vices during the season?
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Hairyrapunzel: 5:31pm On Jan 02, 2018
Boriqua:
Now that we know the meaning of worship kindly relate it to this write up, you will clearly see the point, is it that you are not observant of the high rate societal vices during the season?

High rate of Societal vices doesn't mean Christians worship Santa or Christmas tree.

Since high rate of Societal vices makes Christmas bad therefore the rise seen in charity work, happiness and family bonding During the festive season makes Christmas a good celebration going by your logic.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Hairyrapunzel: 5:54pm On Jan 02, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
shut up! na anybody way talk be jehova witness? why you go day insult people like that? the guy day tell you say na proven fact you day blame am say him be Jehovah witness. must person be jehova witness to geh sense? no be all Christians believe in Christmas you day hear? na jehova witness write the whole book for the world?

He sounds like one.
I know not all Christians celebrate it

you just day attack people anyhow. abeg slow down. dem day talk you day talk say you no be saddist. person no fit get different opinion without insults? abeg that comment too much for the guy. let the guy be. why you day call am cult. if person say e no wan celebrate xmas again e make me cult? stop that nonsense

I am entitled to my own opinion also. You can critique someone's life choices but when they criticize yours it becomes a problem.
I didn't call him a sadist. I just pointed out that a God who has a problem with people's happiness is a sadist Gbam.
The way he is allowed to say Christians who celebrate Christmas worship Christmas tree and Santa I also should be allowed to air my own views on why I don't believe that celebrating Christmas is bad . I know we have contrary views but don't expect me to keep quiet when I know you believe in fallacies

omo this guy just day run people down oh. who you be gon?

It isn't running people down. It's called having a contrary opinion and calling people out if need be.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Boriqua(m): 7:53am On Jan 03, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

High rate of Societal vices doesn't mean Christians worship Santa or Christmas tree.

Since high rate of Societal vices makes Christmas bad therefore the rise seen in charity work, happiness and family bonding During the festive season makes Christmas a good celebration going by your logic.
Please dont miss the point, christmas with Jesus Christ i dont think it is a problem, but the whole idea of Santa Claus during this period is a thing to think about, whos season is this,Santa or Jesus!?
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:17pm On Jan 03, 2018
Boriqua:
Please dont miss the point, christmas with Jesus Christ i dont think it is a problem, but the whole idea of Santa Claus during this period is a thing to think about, whos season is this,Santa or Jesus!?

People celebrate Christmas for different reasons in variety of ways. It isn't OK to generalize.
While some focus solely on Santa, others only on Jesus and certain people will find themselves in between.
Different strokes for different folks
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Boriqua(m): 11:04pm On Jan 03, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

People celebrate Christmas for different reasons in variety of ways. It isn't OK to generalize.
While some focus solely on Santa, others only on Jesus and certain people will find themselves in between.
Different strokes for different folks
There we are, anyone that is not celebrating Jesus during the season is then not celebrating christmas, Jesus i believe is the reason for the season, anything contrary is sacrilegious.
Re: Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ? by Hairyrapunzel: 11:45pm On Jan 03, 2018
Boriqua:
There we are, anyone that is not celebrating Jesus during the season is then not celebrating christmas, Jesus i believe is the reason for the season, anything contrary is sacrilegious.
I agree

Children Begin Demolition Of Jesu Oyingbo’s Estate At Maryland / Nigerian Lady Whose Sex Tape With Pastor Leaked Speaks Out (photos/video) / 75 Biblical Truth About Alcohol

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65