Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

To Stop Roadside police Corruption; Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / To Stop Roadside police Corruption; Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets (405 Views)

Fake Police Officer With Different Police Uniforms And Ranks Arrested - Photos / Another Lady Killed In Imo, Unclad Body Dumped By The Roadside. Graphic Photos / Armed Robbers In Police Uniforms In Enugu Caught After Gun Battle (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Stop Roadside police Corruption; Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets by mdokaba1(m): 4:49pm On Dec 22, 2017
I did a little travel down Nigeria's northern side via road, meandering through about three states just to get to my destination.

Countless check points littered those roads, and been a very observant person, I noticed swollen pockets on those officers on duty and ofcourse every police officer I met anxiously waited for the next vehicle to come so he can get his 20/50naira cut (Just be maybe for using the road). Those swollen pockets were no doubt squeezed naira notes collected from motorists plying those roads.

Meanwhile, I think as one of the ways to arrest High way Curruption in the NPF, their uniforms should be devoid of pockets because those pockets in my most remote opinion encourage or stimulate the urge to unduly "charge motorist" for using the roads they supposedly paid for through tax payments.

The annoying part is that they expect such token as though it were their daily right
Re: To Stop Roadside police Corruption; Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets by dollytino4real(f): 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2017
dey still hid their money inside bush close to where their check point is, army own is worst they have wicked looking boys that collect their money 4 them
Re: To Stop Roadside police Corruption; Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets by wyqay: 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2017
it can not work because they already have personal money collector on their behalf
Re: To Stop Roadside police Corruption; Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets by mdokaba1(m): 5:56pm On Dec 22, 2017
dollytino4real:
dey still hid their money inside bush close to where their check point is, army own is worst they have wicked looking boys that collect their money 4 them

Lol. Sounds funny. So they dug a vault under the check point grin grin grin
Re: To Stop Roadside police Corruption; Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets by mdokaba1(m): 5:57pm On Dec 22, 2017
wyqay:
it can not work because they already have personal money collector on their behalf

You go fear "organised crime"
Re: To Stop Roadside police Corruption; Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets by squash47(m): 5:58pm On Dec 22, 2017
you want make dm begin carry bag abi ?
Re: To Stop Roadside police Corruption; Police Uniforms Should Be Without Pockets by dollytino4real(f): 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2017
mdokaba1:

Lol. Sounds funny. So they dug a vault under the check point grin grin grin
dey dont dig, they cover it with grasses

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Tension In Bwari (fct) As Gbagyi And Hausa Fulani Clash / Share Your Happiest Moment In 2017 As The Year Runs Out / Is Khilnani’s Fraud Case Bigger Than Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.