Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,262 members, 7,815,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS (28148 Views)

Kaduna State Adopts Measures To Respond To Looming Economic Crisis / Eid Celebration: Police Announce Restriction Of Movement In Borno / FCT Election: Police Announce Restriction Of Movement On Saturday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by armadeo(m): 7:26pm On Dec 22, 2017
revelation12387:
Hi y'all, as a punter i bring fellow punters (bettors) the opportunity to win big and make the bet companies pay for your loss.
Get today's (22-12-2017) sure and thank me later..
See images below for recent previous wins.!

Can't thus guy be banned for eternity.

Guy we are Nigerians we don't give out shot like this. I would sell everything I have to stake a bet instead of advertising it.

I don't blame you I blame all the idiots who still belief I this kind of crap.

On second thought free him let buffoons keep getting scammed after all it's a greedy fellow that gets scammed.

1 Like

Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by hinograce: 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2017
Aimed robbery?
Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by tit(f): 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2017
comrChris:
The call is to end SARS and not reform it.

Simple english seem too hard to comprehend

Watch them still abuse all these rules

simples

1 Like

Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by frugal(m): 7:41pm On Dec 22, 2017
Put them under the direct command of regular police officers. Problem solved.

Additionally, make it so they're only called upon on special robbery occasions only.
Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by Burukpe: 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2017
F-SARS unit/operational commanders should not be in a unit for more than 6-9 months,as serving DPOs are always routinely being moved within same space of time,so as not to corrupt their units as political God sons to some politicians.

1 Like

Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by hamzeiy: 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
naptu2:
*Must wear uniforms that are clearly marked for identification
*Must undergo psychometric tests
*Shall no longer serve as bodyguards
*Barred from conducting stop and search operations unless absolutely necessary

The Inspector General of Police met with commanders of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS) today and this was the result of the meeting.

Nigeria Police Force‏ @PoliceNG

https://twitter.com/PoliceNG
Honestly black man get issues, why are the commanders fully dressed like they are about to capture shekau, no be meeting them go do with IG..? Abi meeting with IG involve the use of live arms..wjen its necessary to dress like that they would be no were to be found.smH

1 Like

Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by DONFASZY(m): 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
Which year wil dis measures be implemented? Year 2050 when d whole youth ve been wrongly tag as fake EFCC or armed robbers wit no guns or fake cult group members, rough hair cut?tattoes
Bride gone wrong and get killed by defenceless shot out
Hw much are dey payin demdis is wat Sars is asking dere victims

Sars claim:u dey drive clean ride?smooth face...nice dress and u say u workwhich work u dey do?iPhone 10?big fone 500k?u no get token or atm as V.particulars

1 Like

Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by afamaustin(m): 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2017
Rubbish
Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by Fourwinds: 8:02pm On Dec 22, 2017
government backed armed robbers

1 Like

Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by AleAirHub(m): 8:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
Thank God for Twitter grin grin grin
Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by newoffer: 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2017
My own request be dis. 1. No unbranded Vehicle
2. All Sars Must be on Uniform
3. There Vehicle must have video n voice recorder.
4. Uniform Identity Card
5. No Harrassment
6. No Road Block.
7 Suspect to call families or Lawyer after arrest

2 Likes

Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by newoffer: 8:19pm On Dec 22, 2017
My own request be dis. 1. No unbranded Vehicle
2. All Sars Must be on Uniform
3. There Vehicle must have video n voice recorder.
4. Uniform Identity Card
5. No Harrassment
6. No Road Block.
7 Suspect to call families or Lawyer after arrest
Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2017
Nonsensically Nonsensical Nonsense.
Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by maasoap(m): 8:24pm On Dec 22, 2017
Prohibition from conducting stop and search on roads unless when necessary.

What did they mean by UNLESS WHEN NECESSARY? That spoiled the reform.

1 Like

Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by MadCow1: 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2017
nrexzy:
Damage control.. After lost of innocent lives has been wasted..

They shall never know peace... Both on earth and in hell.

Technically SARS should be declared a domestically approved illegal terrorist group..

I don't see any damage control here..

SARS I have always seen wear their Shirts with SARS on it.. What I want to see is Name tag and Police I.D number for easy identification in case of abuse which nobody is able to do now.

Says SARS are barred from conducting stop and search except where necessary.. Question now becomes what exactly constitutes a 'necessary' situation for one to be done. A very vague comment at best.

Must undergo psychometric tests... grin Really.. By whom? How about retraining all of them before the test. Teach them the limits of their authority under the Law.

Seriously Bro, this means fhuck all..

4 Likes

Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by webhostbiz: 8:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
we have other UNITS that needs to be checked. They are: cosos UNITS, anticultism squard, all under the commissioner of police. They also harras and arrest innocent citizens, collect cash and other valuables, etc.

1 Like

Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by lndigene(m): 9:16pm On Dec 22, 2017
Nothing changed, same old ways.
Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by nrexzy: 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2017
MadCow1:

I don't see any damage control here..

SARS I have always seen wear their Shirts with SARS on it.. What I want to see is Name tag and Police I.D number for easy identification in case of abuse which nobody is able to do now.

Says SARS are barred from conducting stop and search except where necessary.. Question now becomes what exactly constitutes a 'necessary' situation for one to be done. A very vague comment at best.

Must undergo psychometric tests... grin Really.. By whom? How about retraining all of them before the test. Teach them the limits of their authority under the Law.

Seriously Bro, this means fhuck all..

U don see am naa

1 Like

Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by bigerboy200: 10:25pm On Dec 22, 2017
Northmall:
Barred from conducting stop and search operations unless absolutely necessary

This is the most important among all in my opinion.

It's ambiguous..who/what determines absolute necessity. ? I don't see how stop and search would be discontinued. ..its d main way to bully people into paying money...

2 Likes

Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by Amhappy(f): 10:45pm On Dec 22, 2017
Oga IGP please add ;close all torture offices. No more summarily execution. Give suspects access to their lawyers and family members. Carry out proper investigation. End indiscriminate arrest. Stop asking for laptop and phone receipts. Engage with arms only during a shoot out. No drugs and alcohol on the job

1 Like

Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by dayowunmi(m): 11:00pm On Dec 22, 2017
"No stop and search, unless its absolutely necessary". You need to define what constitute absolutely necessary, otherwise every stop and search will be labelled "absolutely necessary". incompetent lot.

2 Likes

Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by bedford101(m): 11:10pm On Dec 22, 2017
naptu2:
*Must wear uniforms that are clearly marked for identification
*Must undergo psychometric tests
*Shall no longer serve as bodyguards
*Barred from conducting stop and search operations unless absolutely necessary

The Inspector General of Police met with commanders of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS) today and this was the result of the meeting.

Nigeria Police Force‏ @PoliceNG

https://twitter.com/PoliceNG
please add
Barred from searching through people’s phone

1 Like

Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by konfused: 4:09am On Dec 23, 2017
Why wear helmet and bullet prove vest inside a meeting.....I don't understand the logic behind that

2 Likes

Re: Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS by osuofia2(m): 6:11am On Dec 23, 2017
#Istandwithsars....... Bad boys must hear word

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aggressive Spending, Worsening FX Crisis" - How Naira Redesign Will Affect Econo / 2016 Budget Allocation: Sharing The Budget / Four Reasons Why Judgment Nullifying My Candidacy Won’t Stand — Adeleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.